Metal Storm logo
Metalocalypse

09.08.2006 - 04:17
Gothya
ok. here we go, have you guys watched the trailer of this new cartoon from adult swim? well, i did it, and let me tell ya something, i really loved it, all the characters are nice and cool, that's all about a band named Dethklok, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Toki Wartooth, William 'Murdeface', Pickles the drummer, and Nathan Explosion, are a talented and insanely band, dark, disturbing and so damn funny; i watch the trailer and it was great, hetfield's and hammett's voices appear in some episodes as fans.

So if you have the chance to watch Metalocalypse, check it out, it's great, if you did it already, what is your opinion about this new cartoon?

....alright this is the dethklok lineup:

* Skwisgaar Skwigelf : Lead Guitar
* William 'Murdeface' : Bass
* Pickles the drummer : drums(obviously)
* Toki Wartooth : Guitar
* Nathan Explosion : vocalist

you also can get further information on www.adultswim.com, visit the site.
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
09.08.2006 - 04:44
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
All I have to say about it is: GREATEST. SHOW. EVER. Now, considering the first episode aired just last Sunday, I cannot form a complete opinion, but from what I have discovered so far is that this cartoon series will be the greatest cartoon series to appear on this planet since Looney Tunes.
09.08.2006 - 07:23
MetalSpider
It looks like a great show! The characters are all funny as hell. I watched it and was impressed by it.

Another show to look out for is Korgoth of Barbaria. If you like the extreme violence and just like a entertaining show in general, then Korgoth is also another cool show coming out.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
09.08.2006 - 19:27
Urizen367
this is by far the funniest, errr, metal thing to hit airwaves since.....ever. bleeding great too!
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
09.08.2006 - 19:53
LethargyMan
DUNCAN HILLS COFFEE!
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
10.08.2006 - 18:41
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
WE WILL MAKE COFFEE METAL! WE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL!

My new favorite show. Not only is it funny as hell "You are a G-MILF. That is a grandmother I'd like to -", "...they cut my fingers off and threw them on stagel, and Skwisgarr lit them up and smoked them! Dethklok rules!" but it's also real, genuine metal. There was a Mayhem reference in like the first minute of the show "He blow his brains out. Make great album cover," and not to mention the supermarket they went to, "Fintrolls." Even the band's music is kick-ass old-school death metal that could easily have come from the 80's Florida scene if the production was worse.
11.08.2006 - 00:25
Bardiel13
Account deleted
I had been counting down the days until it aired for weeks and I was not disapointed. What was impressing was it didn't make death metal look like random screaming vocals with string grinding. No, it has solos, goddammit!! And the creators (also responsible for Fox's "Home Movies") know their stuff. [adult swim] had an "Ask Dethklok" thing during commercials the night it aired and a lot of band refernces were beyond mainstream. This show is destined for greatness!!
15.08.2006 - 05:23
Christos
----
ta bi
15.08.2006 - 14:41
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I could literally not stop ;aughing after watching that fore the first time, damn it's an awesome show, especially the coffee song:banger2:
15.08.2006 - 20:28
Gothya
yeah, this cartoon absolutely nice, I saw the 2nd episode and just pretty great, recording their album underwater, wich they literally recorded deep in the ocean, that's definitely METAL !!!:banger2:
...and what about the music? Just Perfect!!!!! love this style, believe me, i feel like exited when i'm listening to the music, and I agree, Duncan hills coffee, fuckin' great song, great ; i'm fan of this shit, very great stuff.... They are my Heroes , they are a metal lords, Dethklok Rules!
----
17.08.2006 - 12:53
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Gothya on 15.08.2006 at 20:28

yeah, this cartoon absolutely nice, I saw the 2nd episode and just pretty great, recording their album underwater, wich they literally recorded deep in the ocean, that's definitely METAL !!!:banger2:
...and what about the music? Just Perfect!!!!! love this style, believe me, i feel like exited when i'm listening to the music, and I agree, Duncan hills coffee, fuckin' great song, great ; i'm fan of this shit, very great stuff.... They are my Heroes , they are a metal lords, Dethklok Rules!

yeah, the singer is absolutely hillarious too as well as the bassist with his odour and eating problems
18.08.2006 - 19:41
Black_Handed
A village idiot
finally....this is metal. metal cartoon done right. man thats so brutal. merrrrrrmaiderrrr
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
18.08.2006 - 19:46
Daru Jericho
I saw this cartoon a while ago and it was Great. I loved it. I wish there were more eps on Youtube though. They shop at Fintrolls! Classic!

Skwisgarr Skwigekf <3
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.08.2006 - 02:15
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I think my favourite part was when Nathan was pouring the rice.

"Two cups of rice... brutal."

I remember someone told me about this, and I thought it was going to be some shitty cartoon that had nothing to do with metal. I was pleasantly surprised. And I want pedals that control everything.
----
24.08.2006 - 05:32
MetalSpider
Episode 3 is out. Its on YouTube but I think YouTube is down at the moment. Its hilarious.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
27.08.2006 - 04:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Oh man, I love that Show, I've been a loyal Adult swim fan since the begining, and this is one of the greatest shows by far.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.08.2006 - 17:18
ASiema113
Yea, best show on Adult Swim for sure!
Gotta get me one of those DethPhones...
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
29.08.2006 - 21:57
FrozenSky
Written by ASiema113 on 29.08.2006 at 17:18

I would prefer to get one of those big trolls.
30.08.2006 - 18:27
ASiema113
Written by FrozenSky on 29.08.2006 at 21:57

Written by ASiema113 on 29.08.2006 at 17:18

I would prefer to get one of those big trolls.

Well that means me and band need to go to Finland and raise another troll from Lake Bodom, guess while I'm there I might as well go to the bar so first get Dethphone,get drinks, raise troll, sounds about right.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
31.08.2006 - 06:39
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Are they supposed to be 7 minutes long episodes or is it that I am just seeing pieces of them?
----
Christless
31.08.2006 - 11:22
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 31.08.2006 at 06:39

Are they supposed to be 7 minutes long episodes or is it that I am just seeing pieces of them?
All episodes are 11 minutes and 30 seconds long, so you must be seeing pieces

And by the way, Toki Wartooth absolutely owns xD
01.09.2006 - 08:40
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 31.08.2006 at 11:22

Written by Darth Satanious on 31.08.2006 at 06:39

All episodes are 11 minutes and 30 seconds long, so you must be seeing pieces

And by the way, Toki Wartooth absolutely owns xD

Oh, ok. Thanks.
----
Christless
09.09.2006 - 14:20
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! nothing more to say about it
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
10.09.2006 - 04:00
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Interesting show. We'll see where it would go.
21.09.2006 - 00:01
Gothya
yeah, what a great episode last sunday (sep 17)...The banana Sticker!!!!!!!! it was an awesome episode, hey dethklok goint to therapy and with that psycho therapist, awesome... and totally metal, this last episode rocked
dethklok, dethklok, dethklok
----
28.09.2006 - 02:12
verlargus
Account deleted
YOURE GONNA SCREAM FOR THE CREAM!

METALOCALYPSE IS THE SHIT you can download the mp3's on adultswim.com
05.10.2006 - 13:41
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
The band's sound reminds me immensely of early Morbid Angel era sound, with almost the same vox, and some similar structures... what do yuo guys and gals think they sound like?
06.10.2006 - 05:06
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I love this cartoon! Fucking cracked me up, its well animated.
07.10.2006 - 02:49
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha i was shown this by Bas2 - and i watched all nine episodes in a row
haha, its rather amusing and i loved the music!

ill have to watch them again some time
08.10.2006 - 00:04
Conundrum
Account deleted
Has anyone else noticed that Pickles looks like Devin Townsend in redhead form?