Metal Storm logo
Metalocalypse

Original post

Posted by Gothya, 09.08.2006 - 04:17
ok. here we go, have you guys watched the trailer of this new cartoon from adult swim? well, i did it, and let me tell ya something, i really loved it, all the characters are nice and cool, that's all about a band named Dethklok, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Toki Wartooth, William 'Murdeface', Pickles the drummer, and Nathan Explosion, are a talented and insanely band, dark, disturbing and so damn funny; i watch the trailer and it was great, hetfield's and hammett's voices appear in some episodes as fans.

So if you have the chance to watch Metalocalypse, check it out, it's great, if you did it already, what is your opinion about this new cartoon?

....alright this is the dethklok lineup:

* Skwisgaar Skwigelf : Lead Guitar
* William 'Murdeface' : Bass
* Pickles the drummer : drums(obviously)
* Toki Wartooth : Guitar
* Nathan Explosion : vocalist

you also can get further information on www.adultswim.com, visit the site.
05.10.2007 - 02:41
Stigmatized
I guess this would be the best place to say this.

I like the show. I haven't seen a lot of episodes, but I liked what I saw. The album, is a different story. This is extremely boring stuff. Every song sounds the same as the last. I think the album was put out because the guy knew people would buy it.
11.10.2007 - 03:55
Well, I've watched the show since the premiere, own Season 1 on DVD, and the Dethalbum, which I think is one of the best metal albums of the year so far. Season 2 is a bit of a downer so far, but I'm hoping it'll pick up, and be just as brutal as the first.
12.10.2007 - 18:01
Lord TJ
I heard that a new season has started, I need to get around to watching it, this stupid show is one of my favorite shows.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
25.12.2007 - 04:34
Haightredy
Metalocalypse Is my favorite show!!
Dethklown is my favorite by far.
- "You're not supposed to wear pants in the hot tub.."
"Its called Free-balling!"
Pretty freakin great, but I have to disagree with Stigmatized about the Dethalbum...I kind of thought it was freakin' amasing.... but thats just my opinion.
26.12.2007 - 15:09
Piro
The cartoon was freakin hilarious. I loved it, the death phones were quite great, as well as the lobster line.

Wait wait, you're tellin me you take these little blue guys throw them into a boiling pot and watch them shriek till they become blue!!??
<<uuhhh,huuhh....>>
Dude, that's the most fucken METAL thing I've ever Heard!!!! Its really a great cartoon. The music is kinda boring though, I mean, mermaid murder? Funny, but.... can't you think of something, I dunno, more inventive?
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
26.12.2007 - 15:11
Duy Hung
Account deleted
this is quite funny, i watched some episodes on Youtube yesterday and just couldn't stop laughing
26.12.2007 - 16:49
Piro
You should download the whole series, ya won't be dissapointed. It shouldn't be too hard to find, try Isohunt.com, or mininova.com both probably will have the whole first season. Tis a great cartoon indeed.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
26.12.2007 - 17:31
Duy Hung
Account deleted
@ Piro : thanks for those links, i'm gonna try them now
27.12.2007 - 20:04
Piro
Hope you like them.
----
30.12.2007 - 05:36
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
i think the show is not that great, it has a good idea to it, but i think it could be better. plus its so fucking short!
30.12.2007 - 12:48
Smurfophagist
I like the show, but it appears to be a little overrated. It lacks realism, in my opinion. But there are some really funny scenes, where they do not go overboard.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
01.01.2008 - 09:28
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
ive got to check it out, seems pretty interesting... *finds download link*
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
29.05.2008 - 09:10
Anarchist
Written by Smurfophagist on 30.12.2007 at 12:48

I like the show, but it appears to be a little overrated. It lacks realism, in my opinion. But there are some really funny scenes, where they do not go overboard.

What?
This show is great because of it's over the top moments. Of course it lacks realism, but it helps make it hilarious.
30.05.2008 - 20:21
Rozz
i got the dvd its great not overrated, my nickname in town is skwisgar haha u have to love dethklok the world 5th largest economy ;p
08.06.2008 - 04:04
Haightredy
Dude, the second season is kind of sucking.... compared to the first. It's really relying on things from the first season too much, and they already seem to be reaching for ideas. As for the songs, they all sound the same now. I don't mean they're bad, they're freakin' amasing, but they all sound like the same song.

And Dr. Rockso's sober now.... how are they gonna bring him back and still make it funny....
08.06.2008 - 04:31
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Haightredy on 08.06.2008 at 04:04

Dude, the second season is kind of sucking.... compared to the first. It's really relying on things from the first season too much, and they already seem to be reaching for ideas. As for the songs, they all sound the same now. I don't mean they're bad, they're freakin' amasing, but they all sound like the same song.

And Dr. Rockso's sober now.... how are they gonna bring him back and still make it funny....

I hated Dr. Rockso in the first season too, he was a total waste of space. All he ever said was "I do cocaaaaaaaiiiine!" in a shitty voice.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.06.2008 - 10:46
Smurfophagist
Written by Judas on 08.06.2008 at 04:31

Written by Haightredy on 08.06.2008 at 04:04

I hated Dr. Rockso in the first season too, he was a total waste of space. All he ever said was "I do cocaaaaaaaiiiine!" in a shitty voice.

He also put his hand in Murderface's pants. Now that's what I call rude awakening.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
06.08.2008 - 02:06
Gothya
shit i dont wanna admit it but guess i liked the first season more than this second one, although they´re still good, they're still brutal; nice backgrounds, ok scripts, still ok
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
06.08.2008 - 09:31
thesabbathfan
You earned....

----
12.08.2008 - 21:55
TheBigRossowski
Pretty funny shit actually! My favorites are 'Religion Klok' and 'Dethkids'. The religion klok is so true, haha! And Dethkids 'little gurl, Ise got time to plays with you now!' and SHE'S DEAD!!!

'Please, don't leave your trash, last week we found some papercups and candy bags. This is the Church of Satan people, we don't wanna bring in little racoons or anything. This is not a paper trash can bin thingy, HAIL SATAN!!!'

That might be ass backwards, but I haven't seen it in awhile.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.08.2008 - 19:41
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by thesabbathfan on 06.08.2008 at 09:31

You earned....

The banana sticker!:bow:
23.08.2008 - 05:22
Oracle
Orcinus
Haha banana stickers

I like this show. its funny. Ive only see a few episodes though and i like them so far.
I have to get around to watching the rest of them as i have season 1 on DVD.
20.09.2008 - 22:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the show is pretty funny, too bad they talk so fast i can barely understand the guys, especially the bassist sometimes. wasn't he based off Lemmy btw?

but the "metal coffee" or whatever episode is priceless. "blacker than the blackest black, times infinity!"

kinda reminds me of spinal tap.
23.09.2008 - 04:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I like the clown that does cocaine....'I DO COCAINE!...seriously....I do a lot of cocaine....'
30.11.2008 - 23:18
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Such a good show!
at first i was like wow what a commercialized peace of crap then i actually watched the show and enjoyed it alot. i think they should make it a hour long show instead of like 20 minutes.

btw listend to there song dethharmonic
03.12.2008 - 23:29
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Brendan Small's a genius.
"I'd rather die then cut sugar out, I love sugar!" Nathan Explosions voice makes the dumbest comments hilarious.
Murderface's tattoos are funny. Pobody's Nerfect. This Mess is a Place.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
09.12.2008 - 19:29
TheBigRossowski
SEASON II!!! I haven't seen it any where here, but my Army Pal has it and he totals brought it!

Dethdoubles! Murderface was talking about his double, complaining about him and then he weeps and says 'He looks just like me...', haha!

Good show (again)..but after time, the songs do get REALLY boring.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.12.2008 - 01:35
I thought the cd was pretty great, something to chill out to and to get a laugh.

The show, however, is what I can't get into. I mean they're some funny moments, but I can't sit and watch a whole show.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
01.01.2009 - 19:09
grey_gecko
Great show. i think the soundtrack is way better the the comic material though. thumbs up to brenden ..he knows how to take a wacky subject and turn it into crushing metal .i mean mermaid murder ?! fucking brutal
16.06.2009 - 15:06
terrorist
I have one word for this cartoon:Brutal!!!!!These guys made excelent music and i like it very much.Keep going!!!
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related