Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
14.09.2006 - 17:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
which is the heaviest of the pre-british steel releases?
14.09.2006 - 19:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@cursed: Well, their first album Rocka Rolla wasn't too heavy but their second album, Sad Wings Of Destiny, got a little heavier and then the album after that, Sin After Sin, was a heavier release...with your question, people would argue between Sad Wings Of Destiny and Sin After Sin...I would personally choose Sin After Sin...
14.09.2006 - 20:12
Demonizer
@Kap'N Korrupt: What about "Stained Class"? I think that was the heaviest stuff Priest released in the 70's. Sad Wings and Sin after Sin are great and quite heavy, but Stained Class is like Painkiller, but then released in 1978.

@cursed: try "Unleashed in the East". It's a live album from 1979, but it has all their best tracks from the 70's and it quite heavy too (especially compared to British Steel). But an album doesn't have to be heavy to be good. Except Rocka Rolla, all Priest's 70's album are great and quite heavy compared to other stuff released in that period. No matter which album you chose, you wont be dissapointed with it!
14.09.2006 - 20:18
KUFFAR
Account deleted
A very nice band.

I was surprised twice:
A I gave them a chance
B I liket the album

Favorite album: Painkiller
I love the feel of it, makes me giggle sometimes, all the si9nging about Metal as a music genre
24.09.2006 - 00:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, there are plenty more bands that take pride in doing that if you like that

'Metal Is Forever' 'Living For Metal' 'In Metal' - Primal Fear
'Metal' 'True Metal' 'Defenders Of Metal' 'Battle Of Metal' 'Believe In Metal' 'Bound By Metal' 'Heavy Metal Will Never Die' - Wizard
'Metal Machine' 'Metal Crüe' - Sabaton

on top of plenty other bands
24.09.2006 - 08:46
Xeolord
Account deleted
I can't decide what I like best, for me its close with Defenders of the Faith, Ram It Down (so underated). and Painkiller (maybe overated to some, but I still love it).

Angel of Retribution was a great return too.
24.09.2006 - 13:22
Von
Account deleted
Im made of metal! My circuits gleam! I am perpetual i keep the country clean! Electric eeeeeeeye!

Preist rule, some of their stuff is a bit too cheesy for me, but their other stuff is brilliant.
24.09.2006 - 21:42
okt31
Account deleted
Yes, Priest rule! End of debate (if there was any BTW)
26.09.2006 - 13:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.09.2006 at 19:28

@cursed: Well, their first album Rocka Rolla wasn't too heavy but their second album, Sad Wings Of Destiny, got a little heavier and then the album after that, Sin After Sin, was a heavier release...with your question, people would argue between Sad Wings Of Destiny and Sin After Sin...I would personally choose Sin After Sin...

I agree whit uou early Juds Priest was more rock n rolll, not ehavy metal and hard rock, also some bluuzy elements but you explain werry well
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2006 - 06:46
Gothya
i like all the albums from judas priest i always try to get all the stuff from them and i guess i'm a huge fan; and in other theme, i want to give my opinion about the 'ripper' owens era, i guess he was a great singer for JP, cause he's voice is amazing and so damn powerful, i like rob halford's voice as well(plus all the history we all know of him and his job in JP, indisputable); but if i could choose one singer for JP i'd choose tim owens... but thinkin that very well, i prefer the history that had happened with them(hehe)

and if they will be touring in 2007 i just hope to go to one of their shows but they are so damn ingrates to get here that it looks difficult....
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
01.11.2006 - 11:03
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh - i am thinking next time they tour, i have got to go and see them
but the tour they will be doing next i presume they will be playing their full 'Nostradamus' set, like they said it will - so i am thinking quire possibly i wouldnt get to see all the Judas Priest songs like i would want to
oh well - i would still make sure i was to go anyway

Gothya: perhaps you would like my review of Judas Priest's 'Jugulator' album - go and have a look at that
01.11.2006 - 15:57
Hyvaarin
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.11.2006 at 11:03

yeh - i am thinking next time they tour, i have got to go and see them
but the tour they will be doing next i presume they will be playing their full 'Nostradamus' set, like they said it will - so i am thinking quire possibly i wouldnt get to see all the Judas Priest songs like i would want to
oh well - i would still make sure i was to go anyway

Gothya: perhaps you would like my review of Judas Priest's 'Jugulator' album - go and have a look at that

In an interview I read the other day, Rob said that they're doing a Nostradamus tour (playing the whole album), and a separate, "normal" tour. Hope they do Australia .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.11.2006 - 20:59
Baz Anderson
Staff
oooh!!
well ill be hoping to go to both then!
thats weird though isnt it - doing two tours after the one album
02.11.2006 - 04:00
Gothya
yeah, excellent review

I like all the stuff from rippers era, as I said his voice is so powerful, I love the way he sings, I guess JP sounds heaviest when owens is singing; I just wonder how would be JP with Owens as vocalist, who knows what kind of job they would be doing; I like the jugulator, even though as u said, it was missing the highly vocals from Halford, this is a good album; I listened to some tracks from iced earth, when tim was into that band and sound great; now with his new band, beyond fear, the vocals are great, the music sounds alright but I'd like them to be heaviest; anyway I'm a huge fan of Owens voice, he got attitude on the vocals and an amazing voice ; however both singers are good, and I like them both anyways

agree, jugulator is a bit better then demolition but I play them very often; in the end both albums are great as well
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
02.11.2006 - 14:26
RavenLord
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.11.2006 at 20:59

oooh!!
well ill be hoping to go to both then!
thats weird though isnt it - doing two tours after the one album

Imagine if they did two sets at each venue...that would be the icing on the fucking speed metal biscuit. It would also give at least one of them a cardiac arrest, in all probability (I vote Ian, he always looked as if he was about to go...)
----
02.11.2006 - 14:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
hahahaha noo, they all look very active taking into account their age and that they play at these huge venues night after night

but yeh, i just hope they go somewhere i can go and get to easily - i am willing to push the boat out quite far to see Judas Priest live! hahaha
02.11.2006 - 14:30
RavenLord
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.11.2006 at 14:28

hahahaha noo, they all look very active taking into account their age and that they play at these huge venues night after night

but yeh, i just hope they go somewhere i can go and get to easily - i am willing to push the boat out quite far to see Judas Priest live! hahaha

Push the boat? I'd be willing to swim to see Priest live!
----
02.11.2006 - 14:36
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, im not a good swimmer unfortunatly, so i have to use a boat

the main thing that would stop me though is my university
i have things on most days of the week, and i cant miss anything really
im sure i would be able to sort something out though - we just need to wait for the actual dates now - and they will probably come out after the album is released
02.11.2006 - 19:45
RavenLord
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.11.2006 at 14:36

haha, im not a good swimmer unfortunatly, so i have to use a boat

the main thing that would stop me though is my university
i have things on most days of the week, and i cant miss anything really
im sure i would be able to sort something out though - we just need to wait for the actual dates now - and they will probably come out after the album is released

I'm hoping they'll start sometime in mid-2007. And they'll probably play Belfast again. Which, sadly, I was unable to attend last time, because I wasn't into metal. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go back in time and bitchslap some sense into my younger self.
----
03.11.2006 - 18:54
Baz Anderson
Staff
wasnt into metal? haha - ive not heard that before on here
after getting into metal, it took me quite a while to stumble upon Judas Priest and actually appreciate their music - so if you have done that streight away, then thats good!
i cant believe how long it took me to get into Judas Priest actually, but i am gladi am now! haha
03.11.2006 - 21:58
RavenLord
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.11.2006 at 18:54

wasnt into metal? haha - ive not heard that before on here
after getting into metal, it took me quite a while to stumble upon Judas Priest and actually appreciate their music - so if you have done that streight away, then thats good!
i cant believe how long it took me to get into Judas Priest actually, but i am gladi am now! haha

The first CD I got by them...it would've been 8 months ago, now, was Metal Works, which, I'll admit, took me a while to get into. After the phenomenal twin-guitar attack of Electric Eye (I was in my ZOMG MAIDEN phase then....still am, as a matter of fact! :p), stuff like Before the Dawn and Desert Plains took a bit of getting used to. But they're a great band with a wide range of material, from stuff like Turbo Lover to Painkiller. Yummy.
----
05.11.2006 - 18:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes!! i listened to 'Turbo' last night!
i love that album - it sounds very 80's which i like a lot
i guess i can understand why some people might not like it though - but i really enjoy listening to it
05.11.2006 - 19:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
If they gonna tour in 2007 I really hope they'll come here, would be fun to see them live.
----
15.12.2006 - 21:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i am totally in love with their 70s albums, especially sad wings(victim of changes, genocide, tyrant and the ripper) and sin after sin( diamonds and rust, dissident aggresor and last rose of summer but ESPECIALLY dissident aggresor-this is FUCKING THRASH METAL from here to jupiter, and it's one of the most awesome songs they wrote ever)
and stained class(the song)=iron maiden. no debate required. listen to the piece of mind album by maiden and then to this and you'll see. the 70s songs have such an amazing rhythm and so ahead-of-their-day riffs, and at times they beat painkiller(like dissident agressor). sad wings at least was heavy for its day as raining blood was (only) 10 years later.
priest has no really bad album, maybe only point of entry, but it's kind of saved by the first priest song i ever heard, Hot Rockin', a pure headbanging masterpiece.
this band fucking PWNS! i've got a moral principle in my mind, to listen to a song once per day, and i violated that a few times with priest. you just can't help!! glen tipton+kk downing+rob halford=GENIUS..how did these guys even meet? them founding the band might be the best thing that has happened to metal aside black sabbath.
16.12.2006 - 01:56
danzig111
Account deleted
Wow, I have actually never commented in this thread, how surprising.

I love Judas Priest

one of my alltime favourite bands! I don't care if Rob Halford is gay! He rocks, though nowadays he cannot hold notes or hit falsettos as good (that's old age getting to him) .

I love Priest, they are pretty much the best '80's band there is! GODS OF METAL!
22.12.2006 - 05:53
Stuff1056
Account deleted
The best metal band ever! I can't wait for the new album.
23.12.2006 - 19:35
Baz Anderson
Staff
there was a little interview with Rob in a magazine i was reading a couple of days ago, and it seems like the new album is actually called 'Nostradamus'..
i dont know if that has been confirmed or made official or anything yet though
22.02.2007 - 00:11
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Judas Priest is true classic in heavy metal.They present the
rebellius nature.Haldford had been the Metal God.Judas
Priest is definately screaming for vengance
22.02.2007 - 18:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
According to the official website it seems that they have come a long way on the work with the new album. I'm not such a big fan but I liked Angel of Retribution, some songs I liked a lot, so I think that I'll buy the new album when it comes out. And I must get my hands on Painkiller someday!
----
23.02.2007 - 10:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.11.2006 at 14:28

Hhashahahaha 'Living After Midnight Lovin Till The Morning, And Im Gone'
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing