Metal Storm logo
Marduk

Original post

Posted by Throne of Rats, 23.08.2006 - 13:07
A thread dedicated to the mighty Marduk, feel free to discuss/share your thoughts on Marduk.
24.12.2009 - 20:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 24.12.2009 at 12:35

Honestly, I really can't say that "ROM 5:12" is that good. Marduk is one of those bands that suck when they try doing something innovative. At least, that's how I feel about them. "Panzer Division Marduk" shows what these guys actually do best, and they should stick to that sound. Just my two cents, of course.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Panzer Division is decent, but frankly if they kept putting out albums like that, there would be absolutely no need for Marduk whatsoever. Rom5:12 is more of an album based off of strange rhythmic patterns (at least strange in the context of black metal). I guess it all comes down to how much value you put on not playing constant hyper-blasts all the time.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.12.2009 - 23:47
Slayer666
Written by Doc G. on 24.12.2009 at 20:15

Honestly, I really can't say that "ROM 5:12" is that good. Marduk is one of those bands that suck when they try doing something innovative. At least, that's how I feel about them. "Panzer Division Marduk" shows what these guys actually do best, and they should stick to that sound. Just my two cents, of course.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Panzer Division is decent, but frankly if they kept putting out albums like that, there would be absolutely no need for Marduk whatsoever. Rom5:12 is more of an album based off of strange rhythmic patterns (at least strange in the context of black metal). I guess it all comes down to how much value you put on not playing constant hyper-blasts all the time.

OK, I'll say what I've previously said once more: Yes, it's awesome when we have BM bands that aren't just hyper-blasts, when they try to do something new, or think "outside of the box". But Marduk ain't one of those bands. They know how to play those hyper-blasts so that they are hyper-fast, but catchy and stylish at the same time. So, I say, Marduk should stick with that, and leave creativity and innovations to other bands.
25.12.2009 - 00:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 24.12.2009 at 23:47

OK, I'll say what I've previously said once more: Yes, it's awesome when we have BM bands that aren't just hyper-blasts, when they try to do something new, or think "outside of the box". But Marduk ain't one of those bands. They know how to play those hyper-blasts so that they are hyper-fast, but catchy and stylish at the same time. So, I say, Marduk should stick with that, and leave creativity and innovations to other bands.

Yeah, totally, music shouldn't be about creativity or artistic expression.
----
- George Carlin
25.12.2009 - 00:30
Slayer666
Written by Doc G. on 25.12.2009 at 00:13

Hyper-blasts are Marduk's way of artistic expression.
Now you're just twysting my words, but have it your way.
25.12.2009 - 00:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 25.12.2009 at 00:30

Written by Doc G. on 25.12.2009 at 00:13

Hyper-blasts are Marduk's way of artistic expression.
Now you're just twysting my words, but have it your way.

Writing songs and evolving as musicians is what artistic expression is all about, I would question their credibility as artists if they kept releasing Panzer Division over and over. There's only so much you can do within the confines of that style. Demanding a band stick to an already overplayed style for multiple albums is almost as bad as censorship.
----
- George Carlin
25.12.2009 - 00:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

They know how to play those hyper-blasts so that they are hyper-fast, but catchy and stylish at the same time.

This is my problem... You see, I like some hyper-blast bands [I leave that feeling mostly to death or grindcore though... Not in Black Metal]

The thing is that imo [yes, this is subjective] Marduk doesn't have a damn idea about how to do blasturbation with style and catchiness, I don't feel the catchy vibe with that period of their discography.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2009 - 18:59
Slayer666
Written by Doc G. on 25.12.2009 at 00:50

Writing songs and evolving as musicians is what artistic expression is all about, I would question their credibility as artists if they kept releasing Panzer Division over and over. There's only so much you can do within the confines of that style. Demanding a band stick to an already overplayed style for multiple albums is almost as bad as censorship.

We apparently don't understand each other, so I'll just leave it be.

@Mr.Doctor
Don't feel the catchy vibe? Well, that's entirely your problem!
30.12.2009 - 13:48
BudDa
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.12.2009 at 00:51

The thing is that imo [yes, this is subjective] Marduk doesn't have a damn idea about how to do blasturbation with style and catchiness, I don't feel the catchy vibe with that period of their discography.

I did feel the same way on Rom 5:12. I felt the blast beats lacked style and hence mundane with each passing song. I did however like the album. It might not be catchy per say but Mortuus's unpredictable gut-wrenching vocals are worth my time. I also think Wormwood is in the same direction as the previous album
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
20.01.2010 - 10:23
Slayer666
I am literally going to kill myself for missing their gig last night. I'm thinking about either shooting or hanging myself.
20.01.2010 - 16:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2010 at 10:23

I am literally going to kill myself for missing their gig last night. I'm thinking about either shooting or hanging myself.

Depends... If you want to look good at the funeral, use hanging. But you have to remember that if you kill yourself that way in a place were few people can find you... Then you will look ever worse at the funeral, all white in the first half of your body and all black/blue/horrible colour in the second part of your body.

No pills though, those are for pussies.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2010 - 16:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I can imagine a Marduk thread evoking suicidal feelings due to the overwhelming sense of boredom this band emits, but still, let's stick to the topic.

Oh shit, I just remembed, the subject at hand is Marduk. Blaaah. I'm going to a different thread.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.01.2010 - 16:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 20.01.2010 at 16:14

I can imagine a Marduk thread evoking suicidal feelings due to the overwhelming sense of boredom this band emits, but still, let's stick to the topic.

Oh shit, I just remembed, the subject at hand is Marduk. Blaaah. I'm going to a different thread.

Lol. True words indeed =P
20.01.2010 - 17:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 20.01.2010 at 16:14

Meh... It's not like there are 10 post that are offtopic, just 2.

Back ontopic: I found almost their entire discography to be boring as hell with just 2-3 excepcions.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2010 - 17:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah I mostly wrote that message so I could tell my little joke. Which is a worse form of 'spam' than you guys did.

Apologies.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.01.2010 - 19:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 20.01.2010 at 17:28

Yeah I mostly wrote that message so I could tell my little joke. Which is a worse form of 'spam' than you guys did.

Apologies.

You should commit suicide too, although in this case I would glady help.

----
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2010 - 21:30
Slayer666
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.01.2010 at 16:00

Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2010 at 10:23

Depends... If you want to look good at the funeral, use hanging. But you have to remember that if you kill yourself that way in a place were few people can find you... Then you will look ever worse at the funeral, all white in the first half of your body and all black/blue/horrible colour in the second part of your body.

No pills though, those are for pussies.

Hmm.... I'm thinking the most hardcore thing would be to slit my own throat or something. Or pull of a "Dead" (shoot myself in the head with a hunting rifle). Decisions, decisions.....

Damn, if you guys hate Marduk so much, why do you keep posting in this thread?
28.01.2010 - 04:12
wormdrink414
Elite
Wormwood is probably the worst album I bought last year. I didn't buy many but, I mean, uhh, umm, yuh know? I don't really have anything else to write about Marduk.
28.02.2010 - 00:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
I never gave Marduk a proper go until I saw them live some weeks ago...
I must say I am liking them quite a lot now.
01.03.2010 - 16:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.02.2010 at 00:01

I never gave Marduk a proper go until I saw them live some weeks ago...
I must say I am liking them quite a lot now.

Manyu people think that Marduk is more of a live band and it seems that it's true in most of the cases. I enjoy their last two albums more than the rest though.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.03.2010 - 09:59
blackwreath
Wormwood was the best album of 2009, there is fuck-all competition.
11.03.2010 - 10:23
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
I thought there new album Wormwood was awesome Marduk Rules!!!!!!
21.03.2010 - 06:08
Marduk is more brutal than most death metal bands, and more satanic then most black metal bands, This is the band that slaughters emo fags My favourite song of Marduk would be Christraping blackmetal or Everything bleeds, This is a real black metal band not fuking melodic COF bullcrap
21.03.2010 - 10:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Easily the most intelligent post I've ever read. Didn't know people over the age of 13 used the phrase "emo fag", or how "emo fags" are somehow relevant to Marduk.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2010 - 12:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by JohnWayneGacy666 on 21.03.2010 at 06:08

Marduk is more brutal than most death metal bands, and more satanic then most black metal bands, This is the band that slaughters emo fags My favourite song of Marduk would be Christraping blackmetal or Everything bleeds, This is a real black metal band not fuking melodic COF bullcrap

If being "brutal" and "satanic" is all that interests you then could do with some re-education. Especially as one of those DOWN WITH THE EMO FAGS sorts that feels the need to compare everything to Cradle of Filth, who haven't even played black metal for a long while now.

Alternatively I could just point you in the direction of the Last.fm website.
21.03.2010 - 20:01
Slayer666
Written by Doc G. on 21.03.2010 at 10:37

Easily the most intelligent post I've ever read. Didn't know people over the age of 13 used the phrase "emo fag", or how "emo fags" are somehow relevant to Marduk.

Hmm... I use it sometimes, when I want to insult someone, the sole reason being that people seem to find it quite offensive 'round here.
And, yes, one of the more memorable posts I've read here.
01.08.2010 - 04:39
Javier_000
Written by Slayer666 on 21.03.2010 at 20:01

Written by Doc G. on 21.03.2010 at 10:37

Hmm... I use it sometimes, when I want to insult someone, the sole reason being that people seem to find it quite offensive 'round here.
And, yes, one of the more memorable posts I've read here.

Indeed. Despite how metalhead marduk members could be as humans, they could also be 'emos' or even 'fags' so that doesnt really matter but their work. Right know after checking this band's thread i am listening to its Panzer Division Marduk album... and it's simply amazing. Haven't heard much of their work apart of this album and Fuck me Jesus EP
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
16.10.2010 - 01:01
In_tallica
Gotta give it to em, one of the few bands still going strong within black metal from the "second wave" and are still strongly attached to their roots. They have an amazing discography(with a few exceptions) and have probably one of, if not THE best vocalist of extreme metal on the planet. They simply rule!
24.11.2010 - 23:27
Sonic MrSumo
One of the few bands out there that truly captures the essence of their genre,
Marduk frightens me...and that's a good thing. The dark, horrific atmosphere on ROM:512 is unparalleled in my opinion.

The beat-blast drums, the frenetic guitar and the rolling groovy bass has me in heaven?or is it hell?
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
13.11.2011 - 07:22
second_coming89
Account deleted
Awesome band!! I'm not as big on BM as I am DM, but they have a nice chaotic sound and the content is evil how I like it.

their more recent albums kind of suck though
15.11.2011 - 17:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 13.11.2011 at 07:22
their more recent albums kind of suck though

Completely disagree. When Mortuus (From the awesome black metal project Funeral Mist, now that's swedish BM) replaced Legion, new and more interesting ideas came in as well. Their black metal took a more orthodox approach thanks to the Funeral Mist's influences. Their latest two albums are far mor einteresting to me that most of their previous stuff, not only musically... Mortuus is by far one of the better vocalist in this genre with quite an unique set of pipes.
----
Rod, let me love you.