Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
27.01.2019 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 27.01.2019 at 12:09

Written by Bad English on 25.01.2019 at 18:53

Written by Author on 22.01.2019 at 11:47

As some of you know, french prog metal band Adagio since 2018 isn't active anymore.
Information ws sent by Stephan Forte himself on his facebook page.

I've upgraded band profile by adding reliable source of information, but it seems, that no one from stuff is interested.

Yet again, Adagio isn't active band anymore. Stephan forte is doing his solo work and if you want source, here it is:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Adagio/754

Link please where did he told it, year, month and so on

This IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many months ago i was upgrading their profile with source of this information and you have blocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because I didnt see any news about band status there !
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.01.2019 - 12:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 27.01.2019 at 12:14

You wanna source, you have it (I should add some really ugly epithet in your direction):
https://www.facebook.com/stephanforte
Quote:
5 kwietnia 2018 ·

Hi guys, a few words to let you know that after 17 years of dedication to Adagio I've taken the decision to fully pursue my career as a solo artist.

I've been thinking about it for quite some time, but before doing so I felt I had to deliver what would be in my opinion the most intense and personal Adagio album ever and that's why LIFE has been such a monster to do. Not one single detail has been left aside, and that was the condition number one before taking that big turn.

I am not excluding the possibility of releasing another Adagio album someday, but as for now, I feel it's time for me to move on and fully embrace what made me want to do this in the first place and go back 100% instrumental.

Taking that decision was definitely not a light thing since it involved not only me but the whole band...Adagio would have never been possible without them, especially Franck who's been there facing the waves with me since day one and Kevin who arrived shortly after. Their reaction was a huge and heartwarming surprise as not only did they all show such an incredible support and understood my need to move on, but also accepted to follow me into this new direction!

So as far as the lineup, I simply couldn't dream of a better team as Franck, Jelly, Kevin, and Mayline will also be part of this new adventure!!
I am over the moon and have no words to express how blessed and grateful I am. Thanks so much to you guys for your friendship, talent, priceless understanding and for trusting me.

I also would like to take the opportunity of this message to thank my brother Kelly and tell him how much I love him. You have done such an incredible performance on LIFE brother, it was way beyond any expectations and you've once again proven that without any doubt, you're the absolute Metal King.

Activity wise, I am currently working on my third solo album, and a first tour is in the works for later this year.

The very first solo show will take place in exactly one month, on May 5th in Clermont-Ferrand FR at the wonderful venue LE TREMPLIN - Musiques actuelles - Beaumont
I will perform songs from both "Shadows Compendium" and "Enigma Opera Black" and will give a masterclass in the afternoon.

I wanna see change in their profile during next few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was rejected, because you didnt inform us about date and time when news was posted, , I have no clue what 5 kwietnina is some month , and facebook is overloaded, and I checked in band fb, no news, and I wont scrolle down to 5 kwietnia to see, its impossible.
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2019 - 12:56
Kamil
Account deleted
Ok, so here we go again:
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/adagio-goes-on-indefinite-hiatus-as-guitarist-pursues-his-solo-career

If we cannot add important informations about the bands, than you MUST change devices of whole site.
Otherwise it doesn't have any logical purpose.

You will never be second Metal-Archives

Apropo it's NOT my fault, that this band doesn't have any official site.
27.01.2019 - 14:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 27.01.2019 at 12:56

Ok, so here we go again:
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/adagio-goes-on-indefinite-hiatus-as-guitarist-pursues-his-solo-career

If we cannot add important informations about the bands, than you MUST change devices of whole site.
Otherwise it doesn't have any logical purpose.

You will never be second Metal-Archives

Apropo it's NOT my fault, that this band doesn't have any official site.

Its also not my job to scrole down 6 months 100 000 posts on facebook and search news.
band has FB, they had not written that thing, so ... I checked,

It will be fixed soon
----

apos;'
[image]
10.02.2019 - 01:16
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Someone please change the style of Manatark to 'melodic black metal' or anything that makes at least some kind of sense.
Labeling them 'Deathcore' is plain wrong, it's like calling Sabaton a Grindcore band.

And while we are at it...
Canada's Haiduk did never ever play 'Brutal death metal', it's a melodic death/black metal act with some thrash influence.

Advent Sorrow changed their style some years ago but here, it's still called 'symphonic black metal'. I'd say the last release with a pinch of Dimmu Borgian symphonic black metal was 2014's single Like A Moth To The Flame. The album As All Light Leaves Her (2015) and all subsequent releases (latest video: 'Verminblood') are DSBM à la Shining or old Forgotten Tomb.
I'd suggest:
2010-2014 Symphonic black metal
2015- Depressive black metal
2015- Atmospheric black metal

Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
10.02.2019 - 17:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 10.02.2019 at 01:16

Someone please change the style of Manatark to 'melodic black metal' or anything that makes at least some kind of sense.
Labeling them 'Deathcore' is plain wrong, it's like calling Sabaton a Grindcore band.

And while we are at it...
Canada's Haiduk did never ever play 'Brutal death metal', it's a melodic death/black metal act with some thrash influence.

Advent Sorrow changed their style some years ago but here, it's still called 'symphonic black metal'. I'd say the last release with a pinch of Dimmu Borgian symphonic black metal was 2014's single Like A Moth To The Flame. The album As All Light Leaves Her (2015) and all subsequent releases (latest video: 'Verminblood') are DSBM à la Shining or old Forgotten Tomb.
I'd suggest:
2010-2014 Symphonic black metal
2015- Depressive black metal
2015- Atmospheric black metal

Thanks!

done
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2019 - 06:15
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Someone please merge the profiles of Ronnie Van Der Weij (bass for Beyond Belief and guitars for Dead Head) and Ronny van der Wey (guitars for Asphyx).
It's the same person and he was born as "Ronnie van der Wey".

Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
04.03.2019 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 03.03.2019 at 06:15

Someone please merge the profiles of Ronnie Van Der Weij (bass for Beyond Belief and guitars for Dead Head) and Ronny van der Wey (guitars for Asphyx).

Thanks!

I think i fixed it
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2019 - 15:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 04.03.2019 at 14:57

Thanks!

I think i fixed it

Are you sure? I see no change at all.
----
signatures = SPAM
04.03.2019 - 16:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 04.03.2019 at 15:30

Written by Bad English on 04.03.2019 at 14:57

Thanks!

I think i fixed it

Are you sure? I see no change at all.

Deleted fix aspyx line up for new, cant from mobile
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2019 - 16:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Fixed
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2019 - 15:46
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Can someone please add Stevie Boiser to the line-up of Inferi?

I tried to change it myself, but due to some annoying clash of permissions I'm stuck in an infinite loop of error messages.

2018- Stevie Boiser - vocals

Sources:
https://metalpurgatorymedia.wordpress.com/2018/08/30/inferi-lose-vocalist-and-bassist-replacements-announced/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Inferimetal/about/?ref=page_internal
https://www.theartisanera.com/inferi

Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
07.03.2019 - 16:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 07.03.2019 at 15:46

Can someone please add Stevie Boiser to the line-up of Inferi?

I tried to change it myself, but due to some annoying clash of permissions I'm stuck in an infinite loop of error messages.

2018- Stevie Boiser - vocals

Sources:
https://metalpurgatorymedia.wordpress.com/2018/08/30/inferi-lose-vocalist-and-bassist-replacements-announced/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Inferimetal/about/?ref=page_internal
https://www.theartisanera.com/inferi

Thanks!

done
what error, ? tell me more its weird
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2019 - 17:32
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 07.03.2019 at 16:05

done

Thanks.

Well, I have

- full permissions for 'add line-up' (visible and invisible bands)
- permissions for 'edit line-up' (invisible bands only)
- permissions for 'check line-up' (invisible bands only)
- no permissions for 'musicians'

Thus, I may add (new) musicians to any band's line-up.
But if I want to add/edit existing musicians like Stevie Boiser, I have to use http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/lineup_edit.php?member_id=12345 and it just won't work.

My first layout (headlined "Band name - Add lineup") has NO SOURCE BOX, that's why I recieve the first error message "Error! Source of information is required." and a new layout (headlined "Add lineup", with source line) appears.
After telling the source and submitting again, I will recieve the second error message "Error! Please select a band." and the first layout is shown again.
After selecting the band once again, I will recieve the first error message "Error! Source of information is required." on the second layout and this repeats until eternity.
----
signatures = SPAM
07.03.2019 - 17:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 07.03.2019 at 17:32

Written by Bad English on 07.03.2019 at 16:05

done

Thanks.

Well, I have

- full permissions for 'add line-up' (visible and invisible bands)
- permissions for 'edit line-up' (invisible bands only)
- permissions for 'check line-up' (invisible bands only)
- no permissions for 'musicians'

Thus, I may add (new) musicians to any band's line-up.
But if I want to add/edit existing musicians like Stevie Boiser, I have to use http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/lineup_edit.php?member_id=12345 and it just won't work.

My first layout (headlined "Band name - Add lineup") has NO SOURCE BOX, that's why I recieve the first error message "Error! Source of information is required." and a new layout (headlined "Add lineup", with source line) appears.
After telling the source and submitting again, I will recieve the second error message "Error! Please select a band." and the first layout is shown again.
After selecting the band once again, I will recieve the first error message "Error! Source of information is required." on the second layout and this repeats until eternity.

its weird, talk whit DT metal or ScreemingSteelUS,. say I send you,
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2019 - 12:02
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 07.03.2019 at 17:37

... talk whit DT metal ...

Thanks, but I guess I might as well send a bottle post to the Dalai Lama.

D.T. Metal
Last seen online: 42d ago
----
signatures = SPAM
08.03.2019 - 12:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 08.03.2019 at 12:02

Written by Bad English on 07.03.2019 at 17:37

... talk whit DT metal ...

Thanks, but I guess I might as well send a bottle post to the Dalai Lama.

D.T. Metal
Last seen online: 42d ago

ask SSUS he is online,
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2019 - 17:15
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
To celebrate their upcoming album, someone * please correct Nocturnus AD's vita.

Also known as Nocturnus (1987-1993, 2000-2002)
Formed in: 1987

Their first demo was released in 1987, so any founding year after 1987 has to be wrong.

* thanks in advance to Bad English
----
signatures = SPAM
20.04.2019 - 10:44
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
20.04.2019 - 11:12
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 20.04.2019 at 10:44

Are these 2 the same person?
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=1624 and http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=14124

No, but this combination of surname and last name is quite common in Sweden I guess. I'm pretty sure the guitarist of Candlemass and that bassist don't even know each other.
----
signatures = SPAM
20.04.2019 - 11:17
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Starvynth on 20.04.2019 at 11:12

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=1624 and http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=14124

No, but this combination of surname and last name is quite common in Sweden I guess. I'm pretty sure the guitarist of Candlemass and that bassist don't even know each other.

Ok, thanks.
----
20.04.2019 - 11:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 20.04.2019 at 11:17

Written by Starvynth on 20.04.2019 at 11:12

Ok, thanks.

Lasse is Lars nick name or short name as Robert is Bob and so on ..its not same and I will fix un ipmportant and THATS WHY IN SAME NAME PERSONS must be roman numbers, like in old days when staffers and editers cared, seems I am only one who does romanizing ...
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2019 - 22:29
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 20.04.2019 at 11:44

Lasse is Lars nick name or short name as Robert is Bob and so on ..its not same and I will fix un ipmportant and THATS WHY IN SAME NAME PERSONS must be roman numbers, like in old days when staffers and editers cared, seems I am only one who does romanizing ...

It's good to have 'the last romanizer' on board.
But I believe it's better to use your brain than to rigidly adhere to some old rules only you seem to remember.

That guy is known as StoneLake's bassist for over a decade now - as 'Lasse Johansson'. By changing his name to 'Lars Johansson (I)' you have just deleted all traces of the one and only name he's ever been using in this band. Now, anyone searching for 'Lasse Johansson" will not find him but the guitarist of Candlemass.
Now do you really think it was particularly clever to completely ignore the field "also known as"?

If you try to fix something than please do it right. Now it's far worse than before.
----
signatures = SPAM
21.04.2019 - 07:48
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Starvynth on 20.04.2019 at 22:29

Written by Bad English on 20.04.2019 at 11:44

It's good to have 'the last romanizer' on board.
But I believe it's better to use your brain than to rigidly adhere to some old rules only you seem to remember.

That guy is known as StoneLake's bassist for over a decade now - as 'Lasse Johansson'. By changing his name to 'Lars Johansson (I)' you have just deleted all traces of the one and only name he's ever been using in this band. Now, anyone searching for 'Lasse Johansson" will not find him but the guitarist of Candlemass.
Now do you really think it was particularly clever to completely ignore the field "also known as"?

If you try to fix something than please do it right. Now it's far worse than before.

Change it back and add a note in the bio saying 'not to be confused with Lars "Lasse" Johansson from Candlemass'?
----
21.04.2019 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Then those folks are dum if think Lars pliad in such wird bands.
----

apos;'
[image]
21.04.2019 - 12:32
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 21.04.2019 at 07:48

Change it back and add a note in the bio saying 'not to be confused with Lars "Lasse" Johansson from Candlemass'?

I added a photo of StoneLake's "Lars", appended his Twitter account and revived his nick name - I guess that'll do.
Thanks for reporting these profiles!
----
signatures = SPAM
22.07.2019 - 09:35
dragula1541

So The Contortionist are still invisible, I suspect due to the "progressive deathcore" style they've had since their inception. However, their latest album, Clairvoyant, has been heralded as an out and out modern progressive rock/metal album. The album has practically no deathcore style screams at all, and if anything falls in the category of recent-Leprous and TesseracT albums, and some of Fallujah's and Uneven Structure's material. If those bands' recent albums are considered to be metal for MS.com purposes, then I suggest that The Contortionist be given "Progressive Metal". I'm not sure if it falls into Post-Metal, but they've all but left their deathcore elements (breakdowns, screams) behind and are playing a contemporary form of atmospheric progressive metal.

With the release of their new single 'Early Grace' in 2019, they're continuing this melodic, atmospheric, non-deathcore approach. Thus, I think a style change is appropriate.

I think their profile should be updated with a new genre starting from 2017 as simply Progressive Metal, unless "Atmospheric Progressive Metal", could be used as a disambiguation. They're not quite Djent, but they're Djent-adjacent as they're quite similar to TesseracT's latest album

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/the_contortionist-clairvoyant

Looking at the band profile for Aussie band Troldhaugen, they're currently misrepresented as Experimental Folk Metal. They had one self-released demo in 2008 and a 2010 EP that were Scandianvian-inspired folk metal through and through but left that behind from their first 2012 album, going down a Frank Zappa/Mr Bungle/Diablo Swing Orchestra route.

Several websites classify them as Avant-garde Metal or Experimental Metal, and no longer refer to them as Folk metal.

Ideally, their genre would be:

Folk Metal (2008-2011)
Avant-Garde Metal (2012-present)

https://www.last.fm/music/Troldhaugen
22.07.2019 - 23:14
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by dragula1541 on 22.07.2019 at 09:35

So The Contortionist are still invisible, I suspect due to the "progressive deathcore" style they've had since their inception.

The style tag doesn't matter that much for a band to be featured (visible), this site isn't the same as Metal Archives in that regard. The profile seems to tick all the mandatory boxes (given that's their current label), but it's possible no one has actually requested activation.
23.07.2019 - 03:00
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff

1. The Contortionist

I tend to agree, but I am still spotting a significant metalcore (note: no deathcore) influence on 2014's Language.

I therefore suggest:
Progressive deathcore (2007-2013)
Progressive metalcore (2014-2016)
Atmospheric progressive metal (2017-)

Okay?

2. Troldhaugen

Folk Metal (2008-2011)

You are completely right and it has already been changed.
Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
23.07.2019 - 03:30
dragula1541
Written by Starvynth on 23.07.2019 at 03:00

1. The Contortionist

I tend to agree, but I am still spotting a significant metalcore (note: no deathcore) influence on 2014's Language.

I therefore suggest:
Progressive deathcore (2007-2013)
Progressive metalcore (2014-2016)
Atmospheric progressive metal (2017-)

Okay?

2. Troldhaugen

Folk Metal (2008-2011)

You are completely right and it has already been changed.
Thanks!

I'm happy with both of those edits, you're right in that Language still retains some of that metalcore grounding. Thanks!