Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
16.08.2019 - 05:10
dragula1541
Anyone listened to Equilibrium's new album?

It's clearly a change of direction for them, more of a Scar Symmetry/2010's In Flames/Dark Tranquillity sound. Barely any folk/viking elements. I would say they're due for a style change from 2019 to Melodic Death Metal. They literally had rapping on a track
16.08.2019 - 21:04
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by dragula1541 on 16.08.2019 at 05:10

I would say they're due for a style change from 2019 to Melodic Death Metal. They literally had rapping on a track

Let's at least wait until the album has been released.
Changing a band's style solely based on two singles and some song snippets is like downrating an album without even having heard the entire thing.
----
signatures = SPAM
17.08.2019 - 16:05
dragula1541
Written by Starvynth on 16.08.2019 at 21:04

Written by dragula1541 on 16.08.2019 at 05:10

I would say they're due for a style change from 2019 to Melodic Death Metal. They literally had rapping on a track

Let's at least wait until the album has been released.
Changing a band's style solely based on two singles and some song snippets is like downrating an album without even having heard the entire thing.

Fair call haha
20.08.2019 - 10:42
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Could Chthonic's Relentless Recurrence album get symphonic black added to it? The synthesized strings really work overtime on that album. Sounds a lot like early Cradle of Filth or mid Dimmu Borgir.
http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=21299&band_id=2576&bandname=Chthonic
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.08.2019 - 22:28
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 20.08.2019 at 10:42

Could Chthonic's Relentless Recurrence album get symphonic black added to it? The synthesized strings really work overtime on that album. Sounds a lot like early Cradle of Filth or mid Dimmu Borgir.

Agreed, CoF similarity is very obvious, symphonic BM added.

But is it only this particular album? I'm not very familiar with their back catalogue...
----
signatures = SPAM
22.08.2019 - 13:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Starvynth on 21.08.2019 at 22:28

Written by M C Vice on 20.08.2019 at 10:42

Agreed, CoF similarity is very obvious, symphonic BM added.

But is it only this particular album? I'm not very familiar with their back catalogue...

Haven't got or heard the 2 before this one, but the next one, Seediq Bale, is fairly symphonic, too. Dunno about the first 2 albums, though. Mirror Of Retribution's more meloblack.
----
31.12.2019 - 12:29
musclassia
Staff
Cheers for adding Ingrina - however, I would tag them as Post-metal instead of Drone
31.12.2019 - 12:57
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by musclassia on 31.12.2019 at 12:29

Cheers for adding Ingrina - however, I would tag them as Post-metal instead of Drone

Thanks, done.
It seems like most of these recently added profiles are still stigmatised with rather odd genre definitions...

@BE: Arkhtinn = Drone?
----
signatures = SPAM
31.12.2019 - 13:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 31.12.2019 at 12:57

Written by musclassia on 31.12.2019 at 12:29

@BE: Arkhtinn = Drone?

Thats when stupid bands whit no good links and rewiew what so ever be aded, i fond some drone band what sounds similar
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.12.2019 - 16:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 31.12.2019 at 13:46

Thats when stupid bands whit no good links and rewiew what so ever be aded, i fond some drone band what sounds similar

Maybe instead of editing genres for bands you don't know anything about, you can let others who have more knowledge or experience with said band handle those duties 🤷‍♂️
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.12.2019 - 16:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2019 at 16:18

Written by Bad English on 31.12.2019 at 13:46

Maybe instead of editing genres for bands you don't know anything about, you can let others who have more knowledge or experience with said band handle those duties 🤷‍♂️

I know genres, not amator, but few bands are way to hard to find any info, besides i cant listen Bandcamp at my work.
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2020 - 03:47
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Could Sivyj Yar get atmospheric black added to it's genre, please? It's pretty atmosphericy (is that even a real word?).
----
25.01.2020 - 04:09
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 25.01.2020 at 03:47

Could Sivyj Yar get atmospheric black added to it's genre, please? It's pretty atmosphericy (is that even a real word?).

You can take a deep breath of the fresh and pleasant atmosphere now.
----
signatures = SPAM
25.01.2020 - 15:14
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Starvynth on 25.01.2020 at 04:09

Written by M C Vice on 25.01.2020 at 03:47

You can take a deep breath of the fresh and pleasant atmosphere now.

Ah, refreshing. Thanks.
----
28.07.2020 - 15:10
Astrosaur play purely instrumental music. Might be helpful to edit their genre tag to Instrumental Prog.
----
Avantgarde / Psychedelic / Prog / Jazz / Fusion / Electronica
28.07.2020 - 23:50
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by SchrödingersCat on 28.07.2020 at 15:10

Astrosaur play purely instrumental music. Might be helpful to edit their genre tag to Instrumental Prog.

Fixed. Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
02.08.2020 - 15:46
Recently added Neurotic Machinery used to play tech death, and recently shifted their sound closer to post metal, but still retain death rhythm section. Although now being more melo death they are not pure post as the genre tag 2015 onwards suggests. Just listen to their last album.
----
Avantgarde / Psychedelic / Prog / Jazz / Fusion / Electronica
17.08.2020 - 01:14
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by SchrödingersCat on 02.08.2020 at 15:46

Recently added Neurotic Machinery used to play tech death, and recently shifted their sound closer to post metal, but still retain death rhythm section. Although now being more melo death they are not pure post as the genre tag 2015 onwards suggests. Just listen to their last album.

That's what I did and you're right, the death metal elements are still there and pretty dominant.
But I fail to spot a distinct tech death sound. I've checked their complete discography and heard quite a bunch of influences, including progressive metal, (melo)death, metalcore and thrash, but tagging any of their albums tech death would be too far-fetched.
----
signatures = SPAM
28.08.2020 - 12:33
pdepmcp
I found an error on a musician.
The drummer of Fortid, Kristján Einar Gudmundsson, is the same of Kontinuum and Potentiam: Kristján Einar "Skog" Guðmundsson ( http://metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=9124 ).
The profile should be unified
07.09.2020 - 23:18
Ulivier53
Unanimated: melodic death/black metal. Not only melodic death
07.09.2020 - 23:42
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Ulivier53 on 07.09.2020 at 23:18

That was indeed quite an embarrassing mistake, thanks for reporting it.

Also thanks for reminding me of the irrefutable fact that Ancient God Of Evil is the greatest melodic black/death metal album ever recorded. This just cannot be repeated often enough.
----
signatures = SPAM
08.09.2020 - 11:22
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Starvynth on 07.09.2020 at 23:42

Also thanks for reminding me of the irrefutable fact that Ancient God Of Evil is the greatest melodic black/death metal album ever recorded. This just cannot be repeated often enough.

Y E S
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
08.09.2020 - 16:52
Ulivier53
Written by Starvynth on 07.09.2020 at 23:42

Written by Ulivier53 on 07.09.2020 at 23:18

That was indeed quite an embarrassing mistake, thanks for reporting it.

You're welcome. I couldn't agree more! 🤘🔥🤘
30.11.2020 - 16:49
Imraghil
I think the style of Xeno has to change, the new album "Sojourn" is not death metal. I think Progressive Metal, or Extreme Progressive Metal is more suiting.
This review also thinks so: http://battlehelm.com/reviews/xeno-sojourn/
30.11.2020 - 20:09
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Imraghil on 30.11.2020 at 16:49

I think the style of Xeno has to change, the new album "Sojourn" is not death metal. I think Progressive Metal, or Extreme Progressive Metal is more suiting.

You're totally right, that's quite a significant change of style since the debut.
Thanks for the heads-up.
----
signatures = SPAM
05.02.2021 - 13:14
Imraghil
The last album (Jupiter Doesn't Care About You, 2019) of Traverser is way harder than the previous albums. I think the rock label should be replaced with metal.
05.02.2021 - 13:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Imraghil on 05.02.2021 at 13:14

The last album (Jupiter Doesn't Care About You, 2019) of Traverser is way harder than the previous albums. I think the rock label should be replaced with metal.

Ist there check it out

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=126303&band_id=5092&bandname=Traverser
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2021 - 09:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Can the last Isengard album get it's genre changed to heavy metal? No black or folk there.
http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=117295&band_id=3390&bandname=Isengard
----
15.02.2021 - 13:26
Mountain King
K i K o
I would add Power Metal or at least Progressive Power Metal to the band DGM, as they have many straightforward songs with double bass drums with no time changes or diff time signatures. Actually Power Metal is not only 4/4 with no rhythm changes but for people who link power metal to this (just double bass and fast riffing, solos and high vocals), it would help to add it to DGM since they have a lot of such songs as well.

http://metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=453&bandname=DGM

If Symphony X are symphonic power then DGM are definitely prog power if not only power at times. Even Symphony X shouldn't be Symphonic but Progressive Power, because Power Metal and even Prog can have symphonic elements. I link Symphonic Metal more to Epica, Nightwish etc. where symphonies are everywhere all the time and even louder than the guitar at times.
16.02.2021 - 09:53
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Yaniv on 15.02.2021 at 09:45

Written by M C Vice on 15.02.2021 at 09:29

Can the last Isengard album get it's genre changed to heavy metal? No black or folk there.
http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=117295&band_id=3390&bandname=Isengard

You got it.

Thanks.
----