Metal Storm logo
Favorite Thrash (*Not Including The Big Four*)

Poll

Which Early Thrash Metal Band Do You Prefer (Apart from the big four)

Kreator
Testament
Other
Exodus
Sodom
Overkill
Artillery
Destruction
Heathen

Total votes: 137
25.04.2011 - 18:14
Guib
Thrash Talker
I was tired of Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth polls about Thrash metal. So I decided to learn about people's opinion on
other early thrash metal bands. Obviously I forgot some but I placed OTHER so everyone should be happy Just tell me which one you prefer and why
and don't forget to vote. I don't wanna hear anyone saying (my favorite is so metallica) please just don't include the big four. lol

My personal favorite would be Exodus even after the change in the vocals back in the day, they remain my favorite thrash metal band, because they're brutal, constant and they never forgot their old thrash metal sound. My favorite album is (obviously) Bonded By Blood. Also, a little 2010 recomendation would be Exhibit B, cause its simply awesome ! Can't wait for their next piece of art

Your turn to give me ur opinion
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
25.04.2011 - 19:58
I have to agree with the Exodus pick, they've always stayed true to metal, I'd say my next two would be Overkill (Ironbound was sick!) and Testament. Paul Baloff was my favorite vocalist of theirs, but their other vocalists are fine too.
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"
25.04.2011 - 20:02
If you could, add Razor(come on man you're from Canada) , Forbidden, Flotsam and Jetsam, Annihilator, and Sepultura
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"
25.04.2011 - 20:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Nigel Peppercock on 25.04.2011 at 20:02

If you could, add Razor(come on man you're from Canada) , Forbidden, Flotsam and Jetsam, Annihilator, and Sepultura

But I put other exactly because of that lol I can't add every damn band to the poll
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
25.04.2011 - 20:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Out of that list, either Overkill or Exodus, but i think Exodus takes the cake as they are much more brutal than Overkill which retained some kind of 80s heavy metal vibe throughout their career. Exodus on the other hand got heavier and heavier through the years. it's a nightmare not a dream..... DEATH AM FETA MEEEEN!!!
25.04.2011 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Do you ever listen a search its exelent
Here is search

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1536
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.04.2011 - 22:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 25.04.2011 at 21:21

Here is search

Nope different poll cause that one has the Big Four in it and here it says (*Not Including The Big Four)
apparently reading is just as hard as typing for you
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.04.2011 - 22:12
Olli
Written by Nigel Peppercock on 25.04.2011 at 19:58

I have to agree with the Exodus pick, they've always stayed true to metal, I'd say my next two would be Overkill (Ironbound was sick!) and Testament. Paul Baloff was my favorite vocalist of theirs, but their other vocalists are fine too.

You took the words right out of my mouth, the only thing I don't share with you is your view on Paul Baloff, I'd actuallly choose the newest guy (I think he's called Rob Dukes), not saying Paul was bad though
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.04.2011 - 22:35
JD
Account deleted
Sepultura, so i voted other, but from the list its between Testament and Overkill.
26.04.2011 - 00:17
blacktooth85
Testament.... i like their catalog the best out of the other bands. Exodus is a close second though. But i like more Testament albums than Exodus. If Sepultura kept making thrash albums after "Arise" they might be up there too.
26.04.2011 - 00:28
king_matt
I voted for Kreator. They were just so consistent throughout their career and are still putting out quality albums. Testament is a close second, only because they have released a couple poor albums over the years.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
29.04.2011 - 02:20
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.04.2011 at 22:00

Written by Bad English on 25.04.2011 at 21:21

Here is search

Nope different poll cause that one has the Big Four in it and here it says (*Not Including The Big Four)
apparently reading is just as hard as typing for you

Thanks at least I didn't have to explain it myself LOL I thought it was quite obvious since I put it in the name lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.04.2011 - 04:00
Void_Eater
Account deleted
...Not a single vote for Overkill... What is wrong with you people?
29.04.2011 - 04:19
Yasmine
Testament from that list.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
29.04.2011 - 05:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Probably other. the big problem is there is a lot of consistency issues with some of the bands above, and others just didn't have much output.

i'd probably vote other, for Holy Terror. only two albums, but both are great, and going 2 for 2 trumps, say, Exodus, at 4 for 9.

Vio-Lence almost got it just for "Eternal Nightmare".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.04.2011 - 05:31
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
I find Overkill the most consistent of those listed.

If I was to go for which particular albums I enjoy listening to the most I'd say either Annihilator (their first two albums) or Artillery (By Inheritance)
29.04.2011 - 11:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hmm really hard

Vio-Lence's debut is my favorite thrash album of all time, and their live album that came with the re-release and has songs from all three is amazing, but I had to vote for Destruction. They have more releases, I've seen them live twice, and I have their flaming skull logo tattooed on my arm.
29.04.2011 - 18:55
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by BitterCOld on 29.04.2011 at 05:09

Probably other. the big problem is there is a lot of consistency issues with some of the bands above, and others just didn't have much output.

i'd probably vote other, for Holy Terror. only two albums, but both are great, and going 2 for 2 trumps, say, Exodus, at 4 for 9.

Oh yes I'll agree with you about the consistency but you know, I put those people would know the most so they could actually give their opinion
I could've put Infernal Majesty, Flotsam & Jetsam, Annihilator, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Voivod (...) but you know I can't state em' all. lol It would be an endless battle.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.04.2011 - 19:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guib on 29.04.2011 at 18:55

Oh yes I'll agree with you about the consistency but you know, I put those people would know the most so they could actually give their opinion
I could've put Infernal Majesty, Flotsam & Jetsam, Annihilator, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Voivod (...) but you know I can't state em' all. lol It would be an endless battle.

oh, i know you couldn't list 'em all. i had been giving further thought to the thrash thing, as we have multiple polls now... big four, minus big four, big four + others. was thinking possibly the best wy to do it is "big four", "second tier" (testament/exodus/kreator etc), then the "3rd tier" to include the artists with limited releases or that were lesser known.

for the most part these threads are good for discussion, but useless for polling.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.04.2011 - 19:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by BitterCOld on 29.04.2011 at 19:26

Written by Guib on 29.04.2011 at 18:55

oh, i know you couldn't list 'em all. i had been giving further thought to the thrash thing, as we have multiple polls now... big four, minus big four, big four + others. was thinking possibly the best wy to do it is "big four", "second tier" (testament/exodus/kreator etc), then the "3rd tier" to include the artists with limited releases or that were lesser known.

for the most part these threads are good for discussion, but useless for polling.

True but I wanted to exclude the big four completely... so by putting others at least I know if the majority prefers less known thrash metal bands. But from what I've seen, my picks were close to what people expect seeing that exodus, kreator and testament are up in the votes
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.04.2011 - 22:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I voted for other. I don't listen too much Thrash but I really love the golen era of Sepultura. Brilliant stuff imo.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.04.2011 - 23:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Sodom for me. Pretty much none of the other bands on the poll grabbed me like Sodom does.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.04.2011 - 01:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 29.04.2011 at 23:45

Sodom for me. Pretty much none of the other bands on the poll grabbed me like Sodom does.

Agreed.

Even considering the big four, I'll take Sodom anyday. Overkill are worth a mention obviously, but in terms of longevity and consistency, I have to go with Angelripper and co.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2011 - 03:05
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Easy one...Testament
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
30.04.2011 - 04:59
Guib
Thrash Talker
I'm a bit surprised that Heathen and Artillery got no votes ...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.04.2011 - 05:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't think it's surprising at all. The problem with Heathen is they only really have one good album, and that was 20 years ago. Artillery aren't exactly improving upon what they helped establish back in the '80s either. And when you compare that with the other bands from that list...it's kind of expected.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2011 - 05:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2011 at 05:12

I don't think it's surprising at all. The problem with Heathen is they only really have one good album, and that was 20 years ago. Artillery aren't exactly improving upon what they helped establish back in the '80s either. And when you compare that with the other bands from that list...it's kind of expected.

I guess you're right... lol maybe I shouldve put Sepultura and Annihilator instead from what I read... lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.04.2011 - 13:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Neither of which would do well if you're talking consistency...
----
30.04.2011 - 15:09
RavenKing
Kreator for me. Anyway, 'Big Four' or not it makes very little difference to me. Only old Slayer is taken into account, as the rest could as well not exist, as far as I'm concerned.
The only Thrash I like is extreme Thrash like Flames, Hypnosia, Kreator, Massacra, Merciless, etc.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
30.04.2011 - 15:28
Aeonfrost
Tough choice between Kreator and Testament, but i guess if i had to choose one, it would be testament.