Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
10.08.2016 - 15:14
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Dream Theater, such wankery music
----
The Fangirl.
10.08.2016 - 15:44
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 10.08.2016 at 15:06

But ye I can't think of a band I overtly hate let alone a metal one. I do hate some metal celebs like Phil Anslemo and Niklas Kvarforth though. Why the fuck would you include your own blood in your album package?... Smh

Freud can explain it, seriously.
----
The Fangirl.
10.08.2016 - 21:03
no one
Account deleted
NICKLEBACK........BECAUSE THEY SUCK!
10.08.2016 - 22:28
Mattybu
Written by Metal Ninja on 10.08.2016 at 05:57

I think "hate" is too strong a word to use in life unless someone has truly screwed your life up in one way or another! I would say I "dislike" those bands that I listed & not hate them.

Haha, you're probably right. I mean, if I personally met anyone from In Flames I could never say I hated them, I don't know anything about them outside of music. But in a way I do hate the fact that they dropped off so hard... The interesting thing about In Flames is even Clayman is vastly different than The Jester Race but they were still both really good. They managed to change but still keep creating new and interesting things up until Clayman.

I don't think I could say I personally hate Lou Reed either, but I hate Lulu. I hate that garbage so much. Basically everything that could possibly be wrong with music wrapped in one foul package.
11.08.2016 - 00:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.08.2016 at 00:04

Lamb of God are basically one of the few good thrash bands around nowadays.

Funny because it's true. Everything else these days is boring derivative worship nonsense. LoG actually sounds distinctive. I'd say they were more falsely lumped in with metalcore though, rather than nu metal. DevilDriver can be pretty fun too.
11.08.2016 - 15:00
ANGEL REAPER
Probably MYRKUR lately ,not because the music suck but because of heavy marketing campaign around everything the project(i am not gonna use phrase band here) does.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.08.2016 - 20:58
Enteroctopus
Ensiferum because it just sounds like a lame attempt to "modernize" NWOBHM type of a sound with better production and just sing about vikings and beer the whole time. You like to get drunk and you're going to Valhalla!

that's never been done before, lol
12.08.2016 - 00:55
Paz
Elite
I quite like Ninja's list... But it couldn't be any more stereotypical, as Joe noticed
12.08.2016 - 01:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I never would have thought I'd see a list with those names and say I like it, but in this context yes, I quite like the list as well.
Not all entries though. There are bands I don't "hate" there, such as Rammstein... (btw hate here is an overstatement, I just quite don't like the bands)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.08.2016 - 08:05
Metal Ninja
Written by Mattybu on 10.08.2016 at 22:28

Written by Metal Ninja on 10.08.2016 at 05:57

I think "hate" is too strong a word to use in life unless someone has truly screwed your life up in one way or another! I would say I "dislike" those bands that I listed & not hate them.

Haha, you're probably right. I mean, if I personally met anyone from In Flames I could never say I hated them, I don't know anything about them outside of music. But in a way I do hate the fact that they dropped off so hard... The interesting thing about In Flames is even Clayman is vastly different than The Jester Race but they were still both really good. They managed to change but still keep creating new and interesting things up until Clayman.

I don't think I could say I personally hate Lou Reed either, but I hate Lulu. I hate that garbage so much. Basically everything that could possibly be wrong with music wrapped in one foul package.

I totally understand what you mean Mattybu, my thoughts exactly if i met somebody in a band that i like or had liked i would probably try get a autograph & photo ..never would say a bad thing towards them or a negative against them!
Yeah that's right Jester Race is thee album everyone loves hearing by IF & highly regarded by fans & critics alike but Clayman is superb too & just as good in my opinion, even in the differences that came in between those two albums.
Haha thats funny about Lou Reed, i was brought up on his music and also 70's proggy rock (help me, lmao) by my relatives when growing up, i really like the "Transformer" album & also that live album "Rock 'n' Roll Animal" which came out at a similar time i think, i appreciated his music a lot more now than I did back then when younger haha.
12.08.2016 - 08:17
Metal Ninja
Written by Guest on 11.08.2016 at 00:04

I can unterstand the inclusion of most bands on his list, but without explanation it cant be taken seriously that easy. Most "true metalheads" who only listen to tr00 stuff would list exactly the same bands, simply because its the cool thing to do. Also, I have a feeling that you included Lamb of God or Devildriver simply because they are often labeled as nu metal, which is wrong anyway, because both are 100% thrash, albeit modern thrash. And seeing how you have a lot of thrash bands in your favourite bands list, I find it strange that you "hate" them. Lamb of God are basically one of the few good thrash bands around nowadays.

Tbh with you i was in a hurry on that day and did not give any explanation to why i had named those bands off the top of my head! So the reasons i dislike them has nothing to do with the label of "nu metal" or neither being the "true metal" thing to do, its just that those bands do exactly nothing for me and i find their music totally bland, mediocre & highly irritating. But hey everyone has their personal favourite bands in metal & genres, so if i caused any upset to any fans who fondly look upon those bands from their childhood..well apologies to you all.
Probably my explanation/reasons for that list will not be enough for the high brow "superior metalheads" on here, but frankly i dont give two craps.
So just to clarify "i was not trying to do the cool thing by naming those bands in the aforementioned list" ..next time if a similar thread appears i will just name one band along with a full explanation why, if time permits me!!

That's correct i do enjoy thrash metal its what got me into metal/rock many moons ago but "Lamb of God & Devildriver" are not in my mind good thrash bands..they do not appeal to me.
Btw your own feeling about me thinking of "Lamb Of God" & "Devildriver" as nu metal is way off the mark too, its just that they are bland and uninteresting and nothing grabs me when hearing of them, i find their own style shite! they are bands that rub me off the wrong way. So therefore i dislike them. But that's cool if you like them no probs, its just not my cup of tea or to my liking.

So just to clarify "i was not trying to do the cool thing by naming those bands in the aforementioned list" ..next time if a similar thread appears i will just name one band ok!!
13.08.2016 - 03:27
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Metal Ninja on 09.08.2016 at 06:48

Slipknot
Trivium
Linkin prk
Avenged sevenfold
Bring me the horizon
Lamb of god
As I lay dying
Devildriver
Limp biscuit
Bullet For My Valentine
Nickelback
Marilyn manson
Five Finger Death Punch
Suicide Silence
Cradle Of Filth
30 seconds to mars
My chemical romance
Evanescence
Epica
Godsmack
Him
Papa Roach
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Sabaton
In Flames (since 2006 onwards)
Disturbed

You spent one of my favourite bands wrong. 3 here that I like, a few others I've got nothing against, got an album or 2 from some others. And a bunch I've never listened to.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.08.2016 - 16:27
Overrwatcher
I have to agree with J.O.O.E on that the big list seems overly bandwagon-ey. It's cool to hate certain bands, always has been, always will be. I'm not going to comment on any band on the list other than In Flames, and it's for "why after 2006?" Soundtrack to Your Escape was a pretty bad Korn wannabe album, and Come Clarity was the best thing they have put out since Reroute. Sure, it was a bit overly Hot Topic-ey at times (but not on the level of the dreadful A Sense of Purpose), but at least it had balls. Shrivelled up balls, but balls nonetheless. Wow, saying balls is pretty fun.

Anyway, to answer: Avenged Sevenfold. Their breakthrough song plagiarized a riff from Death, and from there they became a horribly generic and lifeless "NEW METALLICA!!!" except with an irritating vocalist. I can kind of see the appeal of their City of Evil era stuff, as "Bat Country" is that one song I can't stand but gets stuck in my head because of how catchy the chorus is, but I still find them to be the absolute worst of the mid-00's mainstream metal scene. They aren't awful, but they're definitely the band I hate the most.

Written by Amy on 06.08.2016 at 06:14

Probably Winds of Plague. They just try too hard. But actually it's a toss up between them and Bring me the Horizon.

Completely agreed with Winds of Plague. I'm one of the bigger deathcore fans here, and even I think that Winds of Plague is the worst of the worst. Cringy "tough guy" aesthetic/sound (coming from someone who shamelessly listens to a lot of tough-guy music), a complete lack of any originality, poor vocals outside of some okay pig squeals, the absolute worst song-ruining breakdowns I have ever heard, and "symphonic" MIDI implementation that makes Fleshgod Apocalypse look like masters of natural-sounding symphonic metal in comparison.

Every time their name comes up, my #1 thought is: "Who even listens to them?" I don't like stereotyping, but I always think of the 15 year old boys who haven't quite grown up, finding this br00tal macho metal with SAMURAI and FANTASY and VIOLENCE and GORE!!!! WOW!!!!!! No matter how low you may view Bring Me The Horizon, they are far, far better musicians and songwriters than Winds of Plague. And at least they grew up.

Written by Tony Teh Towel on 31.01.2016 at 11:47

Trivium

I don't blame you, even though I like their newer stuff...

Quote:
their Frontman blocked me on Twitter

Probably for good reason.

Quote:

Freakin poser wears Emperor shirts but then writes Kidz Bop metal for tweens with downs

Or maybe he likes Emperor? Ever thought about that?

Matt said that he finds Ihsahn to be a massive role model to him, and in his super early days he had a black metal stint. Source
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
14.08.2016 - 21:32
no one
Account deleted
I'm probably really out of touch with whats cool these days, but i just thought people didn't like those bands because they were boring generic mainstream metal bands for your more simple minded listener.
14.08.2016 - 22:00
The Batlord
I generally don't hate artists. I just don't listen to them. But I kinda fucking hate Dragonforce. I know there are worse things to hate, but as a power metal fan it offends me that these hacks who have no songwriting ability beyond the capacity to create a power metal stereotype that appeals to people who don't listen to PM get so much credit.

Weedly weedly fuck off.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
15.08.2016 - 09:45
Overrwatcher
Written by Guest on 14.08.2016 at 21:32

I'm probably really out of touch with whats cool these days, but i just thought people didn't like those bands because they were boring generic mainstream metal bands for your more simple minded listener.

Don't get me wrong, most of the bands up there are there for a reason. At least 1/3 of the list I also strongly dislike, and the remaining I generally can see why people would dislike them. But just making a giant list of names without giving any reasoning whatsoever makes it seem extremely bandwagon-ey. Like "oh yeah I forgot to add 'DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK BRING ME THE HORIZON SUCKS' to my post, I'm going to lose cool points." I'm not even defending the bands, I just find the bandwagon mentality annoying.

And calling someone "simple minded" just because they like Disturbed or whatever is pretentious as fuck.
----

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
15.08.2016 - 10:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by The Batlord on 14.08.2016 at 22:00

I generally don't hate artists. I just don't listen to them. But I kinda fucking hate Dragonforce. I know there are worse things to hate, but as a power metal fan it offends me that these hacks who have no songwriting ability beyond the capacity to create a power metal stereotype that appeals to people who don't listen to PM get so much credit.

Well, there you go off the line.

DF have always been appreciated for songwriting and ultra ferocious riffs. Be it "Valley Of The Damned" or latest "Maximum Overload".

I really don't have any clue from where you think they lack ability to create a spark in power metal or doesn't appeal to fans who listens to such kind of bands.

Much worse artists to be attested here who lacks pathetically in songwriting or creating a decent music to be put in this way. Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Carnifex, Attack Attack!, Chelsea Grin, Despised Icon, Suicide Silence( r.i.p Mitch) or I Declare War.

Mainly you find lot of deathcore acts focuses too much on breakdowns rather than creating a decent flow of music. At least, DragonForce is way ahead of the line,
15.08.2016 - 10:55
no one
Account deleted
Written by Overrwatcher on 15.08.2016 at 09:45

And calling someone "simple minded" just because they like Disturbed or whatever is pretentious as fuck.

WEEEEELLLLL, that was a bit judgey of me
15.08.2016 - 18:20
The Batlord
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 10:49
Well, there you go off the line.

DF have always been appreciated for songwriting and ultra ferocious riffs. Be it "Valley Of The Damned" or latest "Maximum Overload".

I really don't have any clue from where you think they lack ability to create a spark in power metal or doesn't appeal to fans who listens to such kind of bands.

Much worse artists to be attested here who lacks pathetically in songwriting or creating a decent music to be put in this way. Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Carnifex, Attack Attack!, Chelsea Grin, Despised Icon, Suicide Silence( r.i.p Mitch) or I Declare War.

Mainly you find lot of deathcore acts focuses too much on breakdowns rather than creating a decent flow of music. At least, DragonForce is way ahead of the line,

They have no songwriting talent because they've only ever written two songs: the weedly weedly ones without anything but cheesy, 3rd rate, Stratovarius castoff riffs, and then at least two minutes of boring solos; the other song being at least one painful ballad on each album. All their albums sound like the exact same dumpster fire. I get the feeling the band started as a joke, and the members were as surprised as anyone when they actually got a record deal.

And I don't listen to much deathcore, but Despised Icon > Dragonforce. Even early BMtH > Dragonforce.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
15.08.2016 - 18:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by The Batlord on 15.08.2016 at 18:20

[text]

I get the feeling the band started as a joke, and the members were as surprised as anyone when they actually got a record deal.

You must be terribly high on something.

DF get attacked by mainstream listeners or even out of that radar people tag them as "too much riffs overload music of DF" or "lacks originality factors", I can see that. But, never ever come across something as hilarious as your post come out to be and that too be putting a question mark over band's formation.

Anyhow, i'm not a big fan of DF but whatever they have done is absolute cut-above distinction over any deathcore acts.
16.08.2016 - 07:39
Metal Ninja
Quote:
Quote:
That's correct i do enjoy thrash metal its what got me into metal/rock many moons ago but "Lamb of God & Devildriver" are not in my mind good thrash bands..they do not appeal to me.
Btw your own feeling about me thinking of "Lamb Of God" & "Devildriver" as nu metal is way off the mark too, its just that they are bland and uninteresting and nothing grabs me when hearing of them, i find their own style shite! they are bands that rub me off the wrong way. So therefore i dislike them. But that's cool if you like them no probs, its just not my cup of tea or to my liking.

So just to clarify "i was not trying to do the cool thing by naming those bands in the aforementioned list" ..next time if a similar thread appears i will just name one band ok!!

Hey man, I didnt want to offend you or anything. I just said that there are alot of people who hate on these bands without any real reason, but now you gave at least an explanation, they are simply not your taste and thats fine. I have probably also exaggerated with the Lamb of God and Devildriver comment, I just thought that a thrash fan could at least respect them, but it seems that there arent any rules to what someone likes /dislikes.

No offense taken, cheers for the reply.
16.08.2016 - 07:49
Metal Ninja
Quote:
You spent one of my favourite bands wrong. 3 here that I like, a few others I've got nothing against, got an album or 2 from some others. And a bunch I've never listened to.

Lickin Pork ?
16.08.2016 - 11:51
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Quote:
Written by Metal Ninja on 16.08.2016 at 07:49

Lickin Pork ?

Limp biscuit.
----
16.08.2016 - 19:33
The Batlord
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 18:28

I like you.

Quote:
DF get attacked by mainstream listeners or even out of that radar people tag them as "too much riffs overload music of DF" or "lacks originality factors", I can see that. But, never ever come across something as hilarious as your post come out to be and that too be putting a question mark over band's formation.

Anyhow, i'm not a big fan of DF but whatever they have done is absolute cut-above distinction over any deathcore acts.

They're as original as any deathcore band, and execute their chosen genre about as well, so not really. At least Despised Icon can actually make songs that you remember. I got no real justification for liking early Bring Me the Horizon though.
----

That is all for now.
17.08.2016 - 10:37
Overrwatcher
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 18:28

Written by The Batlord on 15.08.2016 at 18:20

[text]

I get the feeling the band started as a joke, and the members were as surprised as anyone when they actually got a record deal.

Wow, such extreme deathcore hate

Slice The Cake, Make Them Suffer, and any band that had Jason Richardson in its roster all make exceptional deathcore that is above Dragonforce in quality. The debuts of The Faceless, Fallujah, and Thy Art Is Murder were fantastic tech deathcore albums too.

I agree that your average Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, or Chelsea Grin (outside of the Jason-blessed Ashes To Ashes) album is far below Dragonforce in quality. But it's ridiculous to say that literally an entire genre is worse than one of the most "meh" bands in one of the most "meh" genres around. But we should take a moment to realize that this comparison of a deathcore band to a cheesy powermetal band is utterly ridiculous.
----

17.08.2016 - 11:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I think I'll go cry myself to sleep while listening to Valley Of The Damned, now.
----
17.08.2016 - 13:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Overrwatcher on 17.08.2016 at 10:37

is worse than one of the most "meh" bands in one of the most "meh" genres around.

Both deathcore and European Power Metal are amopng the most "meh" if not the most "meh" genres around.

Quote:

But we should take a moment to realize that this comparison of a deathcore band to a cheesy powermetal band is utterly ridiculous.

How is it utterly ridiculous to compare totally cheesy deathcore to totally cheesy power metal? Both genres are among the single most cliché ridden cheesy genres around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2016 - 14:13
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2016 at 13:28

Quote:

But we should take a moment to realize that this comparison of a deathcore band to a cheesy powermetal band is utterly ridiculous.

How is it utterly ridiculous to compare totally cheesy deathcore to totally cheesy power metal? Both genres are among the single most cliché ridden cheesy genres around.

Careful, all that cheese might clog your arteries.
----
17.08.2016 - 14:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 17.08.2016 at 14:13

Careful, all that cheese might clog your arteries.

Hey, I am Dutch so I am used to loads of cheese and also clogs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2016 - 15:21
Overrwatcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2016 at 13:28

Written by Overrwatcher on 17.08.2016 at 10:37

is worse than one of the most "meh" bands in one of the most "meh" genres around.

Both deathcore and European Power Metal are amopng the most "meh" if not the most "meh" genres around.

Quote:

When you put it that way, it makes sense.

I'm not going to deny that deathcore is a shitty genre. That's why my deathcore list has such a condescending title, and even then I feel as if only half of my A-tier list would be even close to comparable to somewhat decent (8.3-8.6) albums from other genres.
----