Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum

18.05.2006 - 03:59
Stigmatized
Here is the new topic for the new forum. The DVD is due out in June and the new album is supposedly set for a February 2007 release. Enjoy!
18.05.2006 - 04:13
Geddysciple
I've only recently acquired their debut and Iron. A few listens in, I'm hooked! I don't really have anything substantial to say, other than the fact that their mix of black metal attitude with power-metal songwriting keeps my head banging and my blood pumping. I'd be dangerous if I were ever listening to them while driving... I'd go viking on the road!
18.05.2006 - 04:38
Hyvaarin
DVD in June? Oh my god, I can't wait for that one. Will it have Jari or Petri?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
18.05.2006 - 13:17
Stigmatized
I think they recorded a New Year's show, so my guess would be Petri. I'm not sure of the exact time he joined though....
05.06.2006 - 17:43
SirHooke
This band got me into grunting vocals; can't wait for their new stuff; i've been dying to hear how they sound with Petri instead of Jari
06.06.2006 - 00:09
Stigmatized
Written by SirHooke on 05.06.2006 at 17:43

This band got me into grunting vocals; can't wait for their new stuff; i've been dying to hear how they sound with Petri instead of Jari

Just get Dragonheads (if possible). I really like it....one of my favorite EP's.
06.06.2006 - 03:45
MetalSpider
They've put out some great albums. The Dragonheads EP was great with Petri.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
07.06.2006 - 02:23
Fjรถlkaldr
Sadly I haven't heard Dragonheads, but the band is great, especially in concert the songs force you to move your feet. i'm glad that i'll soon see them the third time - hopefully they're as good as the two times before

I wouldn't say that they are a very creative band, because there are many other bands like early moonsorrow, korpiklaani,... which play nearly the same music, but still Ensiferum has very sweeping choruses, so it's always a pleasure to hear them.
----
We become the enemy
When freedom dies for security

--Nuclear Assault--
08.06.2006 - 04:20
Surtur
Well I don't think the same, Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow has a very different style form of folk metal, Ensiferum si quite original in a lot of aspects, even that I think that the bands mentioned before are better than Ensiferum...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
08.06.2006 - 23:42
Draklar
Account deleted
Ensiferum's style remains rather in the Finnish viking/power hybrid, together with Turisas and Wintersun. I don't really hear that much similarity with Korpiklaani or Moonsorrow.

Anyway, I love the Dragonheads EP, although solely because of the Dragonheads song. Beats anything they made before, in my opinion ^^
09.06.2006 - 15:13
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I'm gonna see these boys tomorrow at SAUNA OPEN AIR metal festival hehheheehhehehehe
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.06.2006 - 11:36
vapotrini
Seeing as i don't have a 100 posts i can't create a topic... so I'll leave what I have to say here about these heroes below...

Most of the people here are 16-18 years old.... while 8/10 on this forum will "grow" out of this phase, I will still be here enjoying the exploits of bands like Ensiferum for my ENTIRE life. And let me tell you boys and girls, it really DOESN'T get better than this... it doesn't! I'm 36 years old and I feel like I'm hearing master of puppets for the first time.... They are THAT good.... I have been starving for over '12'' years for a band that can actually compete to the feeling that Metallica left me with... Different music? Sure, talent wise, they CANNOT be denied!!! They are THAT good!

Wintersum, HAH! A joke to these masters... People need to recognize, it DOESN'T get better than this! IT really doesn't!!!!!!!

Soak it up, you will NEVER hear quality like this for YEARS to come, BELIEVE me!!!!! Hey, what does a kid at heart from the caribbean know right!?

Most of you
11.06.2006 - 11:57
Draklar
Account deleted
From top of my head, Moonsorrow, Manegarm, Asmegin. They're all better than Ensiferum ;P
Ensiferum are just one of the catchiest bands within this genre. They don't show any supremacy quality-wise.
11.06.2006 - 12:06
vapotrini
Draklar, must be LOVELY living in your drean world.

From comments like that you wouldn't know talent if it slapped you in the face... oh shit, it has!
11.06.2006 - 12:12
vapotrini
God,.... young, DUMB, and full of CUM, it was great 'thinking' you knew everything but knew nothing at all... ahhh, to be 17 again,
11.06.2006 - 12:22
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by vapotrini on 11.06.2006 at 12:06

Draklar, must be LOVELY living in your drean world.

Indeed.
Written by vapotrini on 11.06.2006 at 12:06
From comments like that you wouldn't know talent if it slapped you in the face... oh shit, it has!
You know, maybe it's about time to grow up and get slightly more... open minded?

The bands I mentioned all show more complexity and variety within their music than Ensiferum do.
Ensiferum make awesome catchy songs, which makes their music very enjoyable and stuff. But they aren't the top band of the genre.

And by the way, Ensiferum are one of my favorite bands and I don't deny their talent. I'm just saying they aren't the best.
11.06.2006 - 13:53
Immortalist
Knarrenheinz
Written by vapotrini on 11.06.2006 at 12:12

God,.... young, DUMB, and full of CUM, it was great 'thinking' you knew everything but knew nothing at all... ahhh, to be 17 again,

No matter how old you might be in real life, your post gives us the image of you being only twelve years old :

About that musical thing... the members are most definitely not expert players, yet their music does vary from Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani and such. In fact, a lot of heroic folk-power extreme bands have been formed after they popped up. The style is not the most original one, but with the hybrid they are creating (including the catchy melodies, as stated) they did do something special.
11.06.2006 - 14:14
Apolloch
Account deleted
Written by Immortalist on 11.06.2006 at 13:53

No matter how old you might be in real life, your post gives us the image of you being only twelve years old :

About that musical thing... the members are most definitely not expert players, yet their music does vary from Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani and such. In fact, a lot of heroic folk-power extreme bands have been formed after they popped up. The style is not the most original one, but with the hybrid they are creating (including the catchy melodies, as stated) they did do something special.

Iagree with that ! They are created something special from mixes of other bands like Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani
11.06.2006 - 14:30
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Ensiferum kicked some ass yesterday at SAUNA OPEN AIR yes yes
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.06.2006 - 15:17
Stigmatized

Who the hell are you, and what's your deal? Please don't post anymore useless statements.
11.06.2006 - 17:44
Dam3k
Ah one of the exceptions in my hate for the extreme genres!!! =) I like this band, the vocals are shit as always, but the music is really really cool!!! That folk touches rocks! , nevertheless, I haven't got so many stuff by them...
----

11.06.2006 - 17:57
vapotrini
Written by Author on 08.06.2006 at 23:42
Anyway, I love the Dragonheads EP, although solely because of the Dragonheads song. Beats anything they made before, in my opinion ^^

Opinions are great aren't they? I mean do I really have to respond to this? Dragonheads is UNDOUBTEDLY their WEAKEST work!!! That statement alone makes you lose every shred of credibillity. I mean really, how can you make such a statement? Treacherous Gods, Into the Battle, Token of Time, Guardians of Fate, Little Dreamer, Windrider, Slayer of Light... and Dragonheads is their best EP... good god my stomach is hurting from laughing so much.

Next you'll be telling me that St. Anger is Metallica's best work, hah!
11.06.2006 - 20:19
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by vapotrini on 11.06.2006 at 17:57

and Dragonheads is their best EP... good god my stomach is hurting from laughing so much.
Well, Dragonheads is their only EP, so it ought to be their best
But actually, if you'll take a closer look at what I said, you'll see I never said the EP is their greatest work. Late me make this easier for you:
Written by Author on 08.06.2006 at 23:42

See? I meant the song, not the EP.

In fact, a lot of heroic folk-power extreme bands have been formed after they popped up. The style is not the most original one, but with the hybrid they are creating (including the catchy melodies, as stated) they did do something special.
Yeah, we probably have them to thank for such bands as Turisas or Wintersun
13.06.2006 - 06:16
Blizz
Account deleted
Omg... DVD release date now pushed back to the 28th.
13.06.2006 - 16:56
Hyvaarin

About that musical thing... the members are most definitely not expert players...

Are you serious? Every member of Ensiferum shows remarkable skill!
----
13.06.2006 - 18:00
Immortalist
Knarrenheinz
Meh, what I was referring to was that creating good music doesn't always depend on musical abilities. And I am not saying that they are bad or anything, but nothing too special either. After all, I have heard better drum fills, overall playing live and clean vocals (or well, that part got fixed quite well on Dragonheads). Anyway, as I said, they are good and have also advanced a lot since their demo period.

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar... I am NOT questioning Mäenpää's guitar skills here
14.06.2006 - 07:59
Kedrona
Account deleted
"Dragonhead" is so fucking awesome, excellent melody and excited vocals, Petri totally be a part of his new band.
14.06.2006 - 15:20
Hyvaarin
Written by Immortalist on 13.06.2006 at 18:00

Meh, what I was referring to was that creating good music doesn't always depend on musical abilities. And I am not saying that they are bad or anything, but nothing too special either. After all, I have heard better drum fills, overall playing live and clean vocals (or well, that part got fixed quite well on Dragonheads). Anyway, as I said, they are good and have also advanced a lot since their demo period.

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar... I am NOT questioning Mäenpää's guitar skills here

Hehe, I should hope not!
----
14.06.2006 - 22:03
SteTech
I'm seeing Ensiferum at the Earthshaker Festival in July. I'd really like to hear how Petri does with Jari's songs, unless they bring Jari on stage, as Wintersun anre playing the same weekend. I hear it's happened before, maybe it'll happen again?
15.06.2006 - 08:20
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I see them at the Ragnarock Festival in Norway (mid August)