‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:18
Written by Slayer666 on 18.04.2012 at 17:43

The single greatest game ever published, to be exact. Went through that bitch 8 times and thinking of acing it once more soon.

Relax a sec big guy!. Even tho it had it's moments (the haunted house scene), overall it was a great idea executed poorly. First game to license the HL2 engine, it was broke as hell and the developers didn't do shit to fix it. The game lives on because of the community and modders.

Page 31 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!

11.12.2013 at 10:45
Written by -DC-002- on 11.12.2013 at 05:45

You should, sir be for those are all above average games. Ni no Kuni is interesting, It's like Pokemon if it was started over and redone (and it's like $20 on the psn network, at least in america)... The Last of Us is also a great exclusive, you should consider.

I hadn't realised Ni No Kuni was a little Pokemon-like until I bought it. Glad it is though, definitely my kind of thing. I'll most certainly be grabbing The Last of Us as well when I'm done with this batch.
----
Unhealer
Eclectisist

11.12.2013 at 16:02
I've been playing Catherine for PS3 lately. I thought I'd give a try to that so "innovative" gameplay and I didn't regret it, it's damn fun. The plot is also good, to bad the narration is damn boring.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

11.12.2013 at 17:04
Written by Unhealer on 11.12.2013 at 16:02
I've been playing Catherine for PS3 lately.

That weird dream game with the guy who's trying not to cheat on his girlfriend or whatever? I thought it was pretty weak, although I suppose it's because the gameplay is repetitive and overshadowed by "character development".
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Unhealer
Eclectisist

11.12.2013 at 20:03
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.12.2013 at 17:04

That weird dream game with the guy who's trying not to cheat on his girlfriend or whatever? I thought it was pretty weak, although I suppose it's because the gameplay is repetitive and overshadowed by "character development".

That one. While the gameplay is repetitive in it's concept, if you don't play on easy mode you have a different mental challenge each time with those blocks. It didn't attract me when I saw it on the trailers but I decided to give it a try and it worked for me, and that's coming from someone who hates repetitive stuff.
On the contrary, character development is what I thought would be interesting and ended up disappointing me , reaaaaaaally slow and with lots of fillers and nonsense, very poor.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

11.12.2013 at 20:09
Written by Unhealer on 11.12.2013 at 20:03
That one.

I should have clarified beforehand that I haven't actually played it. I've just watched it played by different Youtube gamers and every time it seemed the commentary was far more interesting than what the game had to offer - although, apparently they were all playing on easy mode (and in some cases the demo, which probably only features easy mode) because the "puzzles" were pretty much exactly the same throughout, save for a few minor traps introduced as the levels progressed. I can see it appealing to people who like indie puzzle games though.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Unhealer
Eclectisist

11.12.2013 at 21:16
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.12.2013 at 20:09

I should have clarified beforehand that I haven't actually played it. I've just watched it played by different Youtube gamers

I did exactly the same thing a few years and felt the same, I decided to go for it this month anyway and I ended up liking it It can be quite frustrating in normal mode at times, we'll see what happens when I go for hard mode...
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

11.12.2013 at 23:37
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 11.12.2013 at 10:45

Written by -DC-002- on 11.12.2013 at 05:45

You should, sir be for those are all above average games. Ni no Kuni is interesting, It's like Pokemon if it was started over and redone (and it's like $20 on the psn network, at least in america)... The Last of Us is also a great exclusive, you should consider.

I hadn't realised Ni No Kuni was a little Pokemon-like until I bought it. Glad it is though, definitely my kind of thing. I'll most certainly be grabbing The Last of Us as well when I'm done with this batch.

sweeet, I was surprised by, Ni no Kuni T.O.O. and Hayao Miyazaki did the art so it looks great!
----
I have no patience for minds that do not inspire me or explode by trying.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

21.12.2013 at 09:42
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/rust-the-terrifying-minecraft-dayz-open-world-survival-sim Fun read about an interesting game.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

25.12.2013 at 15:29
Completed Demon's Souls. Great game. Not as good as Dark Souls but it's a little harder. Heavy armour may as well not exist in the game as the additional protection it offers is almost negligible, and you have to contend with shitty rolls as well as stamina penalties, and there's no poise function in this game so heavy armour really is pointless. Quite like how the bosses in this differed from Dark Souls. In Dark Souls you more or less had to contend with bosses that just hit hard and fast, whereas in Demon's Souls most of the bosses were as much puzzles as they were damaging. False King Allant is definitely the most challenging boss in the series. Good stuff.

Also completed MGS5. Rather loved it. Sure, some of the cutscenes went on too long and the boss battles were definitely under par for the series, but the overall experience was out of this world. Sped through the game in less than 24. I barely even ate.

Uncharted 2... meh. Will probably finish it up at some point but at the moment it's currently battling with the Bioshock games as the most overrated game ever. The story is very well told and voice acted, though it is just a pretty standard Indiana Jones-alike so far so not the most compelling narrative. Aside from that the game is pretty woeful in the gameplay department. Very linear progression which alternates between boring climbing sections which offer no danger or interest, only punctuated with suspension of disbelief wrecking moments where the character nearly falls, but doesn't (or does and survives unscathed) and crappy cover shooter mechanics. The bullets move too slow so feels really clunky and disconnected. Yeah, I'm not seeing where the appeal lies. but I assume that like the Bioshock games people are blinded by the snazzy presentation and high production values.

Will probably start up Ni No Kuni today.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

29.12.2013 at 04:53
Mi madre got me, Fire Emblem: Awakening ( ) game for 3ds. I haven't opened it yet, but it should be great..... Still beating my burned copy of Assassins Creed 4 (which is perdy dang cool, but not $65 cool). I'm effing over it after 40+ hours though. I ordered Starfox 63 for the 3ds because I played that more then Ocerina of Time growing up, and speaking of Zelda, I picked up A Link Between Worlds when it came out (of the closet) a month ago and I haven't even finished that either because of busy holidays. School starts in a week so I should probably wrap some of this gaming stuff up... and my somewhat veracious habit of smoking pot.

edit: the N word.
----
andskotinn

29.12.2013 at 23:00
Euro Truck simulator 2
Karlabos
Avant-Gardener

30.12.2013 at 00:59
These days I felt the urge of playing CTR (Crash team Racing) again.
Even though I already know all shortcuts and have finished it dozen times before
Mattybu
crusty juggler

30.12.2013 at 21:03
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.12.2013 at 15:29

Uncharted 2... meh. Will probably finish it up at some point but at the moment it's currently battling with the Bioshock games as the most overrated game ever. The story is very well told and voice acted, though it is just a pretty standard Indiana Jones-alike so far so not the most compelling narrative. Aside from that the game is pretty woeful in the gameplay department. Very linear progression which alternates between boring climbing sections which offer no danger or interest, only punctuated with suspension of disbelief wrecking moments where the character nearly falls, but doesn't (or does and survives unscathed) and crappy cover shooter mechanics. The bullets move too slow so feels really clunky and disconnected. Yeah, I'm not seeing where the appeal lies. but I assume that like the Bioshock games people are blinded by the snazzy presentation and high production values.

I can agree wholeheartedly on Bioshock but Uncharted 2? Come on man the game is golden! It's true there are suspension of disbelief moments aplenty but hey, it is a video game after all. I found the combat solid in UC2, and the overall story and visual experience is pretty much top notch as far as video games go. It's better than the first one anyways definitely stay away from the third if you didn't like it though cause that one is easily the worst in the series, despite still being very good.

I have started Pokemon Y and been playing the past few days. You can walk diagonally. I'm pretty sure that's about all I need to say
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
!J.O.O.E.!

30.12.2013 at 23:48
Written by Mattybu on 30.12.2013 at 21:03

I can agree wholeheartedly on Bioshock but Uncharted 2? Come on man the game is golden! It's true there are suspension of disbelief moments aplenty but hey, it is a video game after all. I found the combat solid in UC2, and the overall story and visual experience is pretty much top notch as far as video games go. It's better than the first one anyways definitely stay away from the third if you didn't like it though cause that one is easily the worst in the series, despite still being very good.

I have started Pokemon Y and been playing the past few days. You can walk diagonally. I'm pretty sure that's about all I need to say

From a story and visual point of view the game really can't be faulted. I just didn't find the shooty bits very fun. The guns felt like they carried no weight or recoil with them and as I say, the bullets moved too slowly. A guy, whilst facing away from me from 15 feet away, should not be able to dodge out the way of a surprise headshot. Not satisfying! I'm probably not going to bother with 3. It's put me off Last of Us quite a bit too to be honest.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

31.12.2013 at 00:11
Quote:
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.12.2013 at 23:48

From a story and visual point of view the game really can't be faulted. I just didn't find the shooty bits very fun. The guns felt like they carried no weight or recoil with them and as I say, the bullets moved too slowly. A guy, whilst facing away from me from 15 feet away, should not be able to dodge out the way of a surprise headshot. Not satisfying! I'm probably not going to bother with 3. It's put me off Last of Us quite a bit too to be honest.

Fair enough. I agree a lot of the guns don't have much kickback to them (with the exception of the grenade launcher) but as far as I remember it wasn't a problem for me picking off the enemy guys. A good solid amount of BS moments in combat on the hardest difficulty setting but that's what tends to happen in any game on the hardest settings. It's been a while since I played it, but I did go through it I think at least 4 times start to finish, so that must say something

One thing that I hate, and I can't remember if UC2 was like it or not, is cover based shooting games where the moment a single square inch of your character comes out of cover 4 enemies' fire converges right on it with perfect accuracy. I played through Killzone 3 recently and it was like that, total nonsense.
----
Demerzel

12.01.2014 at 00:30
I finally started playing Final Fantasy VII. Tried playing it a couple of months ago but it didn't stick with me that time. The game is absolutely amazing (barring the minigames) and I'm definitely thinking about playing through the whole Final Fantasy series, apart from the first few. It really takes a while to get used to the JRPG systems but when you finally get it, it's amazing. I'm just under 20 hours in I think and it's been amazing so far. All of the characters are really well done and interesting, and I actually felt sad for some of them (mainly Aerith dying). It does get a bit weird(er) when you get to the Whirlwind Maze but I'm totally fine with that and am hoping it gets even weirder.
!J.O.O.E.!

12.01.2014 at 21:24
Written by Demerzel on 12.01.2014 at 00:30

I finally started playing Final Fantasy VII. Tried playing it a couple of months ago but it didn't stick with me that time. The game is absolutely amazing (barring the minigames) and I'm definitely thinking about playing through the whole Final Fantasy series, apart from the first few. It really takes a while to get used to the JRPG systems but when you finally get it, it's amazing. I'm just under 20 hours in I think and it's been amazing so far. All of the characters are really well done and interesting, and I actually felt sad for some of them (mainly Aerith dying). It does get a bit weird(er) when you get to the Whirlwind Maze but I'm totally fine with that and am hoping it gets even weirder.

I often wish I could go back in time to when I first played FF7. Probably the best gaming experience I'll ever have.
----
Demerzel

12.01.2014 at 21:34
Yeah, it's really something. Are the other ones worthwhile? I've read some bad things and some good things about FFVIII and almost nothing about the other ones.
!J.O.O.E.!

12.01.2014 at 21:45
Written by Demerzel on 12.01.2014 at 21:34

Yeah, it's really something. Are the other ones worthwhile? I've read some bad things and some good things about FFVIII and almost nothing about the other ones.

Meh, FF7, 8 and 9 are all absolutely exceptional games to me. If you like the format of 7 you'll probably like 8 and 9.

It's also worth playing Chrono Cross as well. Not an FF game but very similar and just as good.

Legend of Dragoon is also rather good, though it is considered to be a bit of a clone of FF7 in many ways. Not up there but still a great game.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

13.01.2014 at 01:27
The only Final Fantasy games I have played were the remakes of FFIII and FFIV on DS, and they were both very good. FFIV being the better of the two, probably.

I have been taking my playthrough of Pokemon Y very slowly considering my usual rate of playing through a new Pokemon game, and I must say, it is really a great game. There is actually a very interesting storyline in it, and while the overhaul of the game world was a little shocking at first I have gotten used to it and the core of the game is still the same as it always has been. Which is what critics ALWAYS complain about in reviews, even though I think that without the classic 8 gym + elite four/champion structure the games would not nearly be as good. I have beaten 7 gyms so far and just finished catching the legendary, and getting most of the side plot business out of the way, so I think I am nearly done the game. Has been a great journey so far.
----
IronAngel

13.01.2014 at 14:38
I would go for FFVI any time. It has the greatest scope and cast of characters, and probably my favorite soundtrack. I really like IX too, and VII is great if overrated. Not a huge fan of VIII for how forced the story is, and the setting isn't my fave either. Still nothing to scoff at, and neither is X (though it is somewhat different).

IV is probably the second best pre-3D Final Fantasy. Solid flow.
Silent Jay

14.01.2014 at 23:16
Currently I'm playing Pokemon Black on the NDS along with another playthrough (aiming for a 'perfect game' this time) of an old SNES favourite, Final Fantasy VI.

Every now and then I play Pokemon UltraViolet as a break from the other two. It is a hack of Pokemon FireRed in which all 386 pokemon from generation I-III are obtainable without trading or needing special event items. Progress is slow though as I've finished FireRed so many times in the past so it can never keep my attention for long, even with the additional new areas and islands etc.
Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

15.01.2014 at 00:10
Just finally got around to playing Far Cry 3 after buying it on a Steam sale. So far it's pretty cool, but not as fantastic as I've heard. That may, however, be because I'm just running around doing nonsensical side-stuff, like hunting for skins to craft bags and shit.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

Gonzo666

15.01.2014 at 03:18
If anyone is on PS3 or 4 add me Gonzo_Infidel
----
http://www.last.fm/user/ChadwickAndo
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
― Hunter S. Thompson
Private QT Fan

15.01.2014 at 22:26
I've been on a Last of Us binge. Holy shit is that game amazing. It's damn near perfect.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

16.01.2014 at 04:13
Written by Private QT Fan on 15.01.2014 at 22:26

I've been on a Last of Us binge. Holy shit is that game amazing. It's damn near perfect.

That game is awesome! It gets better the harder the difficulty you play at.
----
Private QT Fan

16.01.2014 at 07:16
Written by -DC-002- on 16.01.2014 at 04:13

Written by Private QT Fan on 15.01.2014 at 22:26

That game is awesome! It gets better the harder the difficulty you play at.

ND also announced the Single Player DLC for the 14th of February. Are you in?

I'll be here to talk about it.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

16.01.2014 at 08:38
^ Ya probably , but I'm still gonna wait for the reviews and commentary.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

16.01.2014 at 12:55
As if Star Citizen wasn't enough, No Man's Sky just gave me a braingasm. Basically a procedurally generated universe that you get to fly around in, explore, name and land on your own planets and partake in dog fights from what I can see. I usually hate procedurally generated games as they ugly and repetitive, but this looks achingly stunning. Do want.

----
The Shape 1973

17.01.2014 at 12:51
Rockstar has just emptied GTA online in game bank accounts. Months of playing to build up earnings gone. Well done and thanks.

They have done it to stop the hackers, but have punished everybody. If they think people will buy more funds through microtransactions they are sorely mistaken.
----
I'm happy now.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Login or register to post here.