‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Users visited: 300  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by wormdrink414 on 04.03.2013 at 11:40
Finally playing Super Meat Boy after Humble Bundling it months ago. Love the speed of it all, good challenge. The warp worlds are a really excellent touch.

Page 31 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

17.10.2014 at 18:58
Ok, The Evil Within's artificial difficulty is fucking stupid. You play a trained police officer / detective who:

- Can't sprint for more than 2 seconds without stopping, grabbing his chest and wheezing.
- Is too weak to carry more than 5 matches.
- Carries around a hunting knife but only uses it on stealth kills. He thinks it's a good idea to take on zombies with barbed wire coming out of its face with his bare fists, even though he fights like he's drunk.
- When moving in stealth travels at the speed of approximately 0.24 femtoseconds.

There also seems something inherently pointless about stabbing a zombie in the head who already has a pole or stabbing object going right through his skull.
----
whatsacow

18.10.2014 at 07:34
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.10.2014 at 18:58

Ok, The Evil Within's artificial difficulty is fucking stupid. You play a trained police officer / detective who:

- Can't sprint for more than 2 seconds without stopping, grabbing his chest and wheezing.
- Is too weak to carry more than 5 matches.
- Carries around a hunting knife but only uses it on stealth kills. He thinks it's a good idea to take on zombies with barbed wire coming out of its face with his bare fists, even though he fights like he's drunk.
- When moving in stealth travels at the speed of approximately 0.24 femtoseconds.

There also seems something inherently pointless about stabbing a zombie in the head who already has a pole or stabbing object going right through his skull.

To be fair, he is also insane, so that could have something to do with it. I bought this on PS3 and weirdly enough the colour palate in the first level at least gave me a headache. I think it was that mixed with the lighting. Might have to take it back and get the PC version, although apparently that's super unoptimised.

Written by Dima on 17.10.2014 at 16:11

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

Literally 30 seconds after taking control of the character I came out of a cellar and I ssaw 3 guys around a campfire with 1 playing some beautiful acoustic melodies. Simultaneously there were periodic terrifying howls and bellows of creatures in the distance. Along with goosebumps, I was inundated with a feeling i'd never experienced before playing vidya.

Unparalleled ambience, eerie atmosphere, immense immersion, great sound effects, OST full of beautiful acoustics. When you're playing it, Stalker SoC with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod does what most (survival) horror games can't... make you hesitate.

Note: This mod improves on what is necessary while also trying to keep the game as vanilla as possible.

I haven't tried that mod. I've only used the complete mod. However, yeah, the first STALKER is in my top 10 games of all time. It's fantastic.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Dima

18.10.2014 at 17:01
Written by whatsacow on 18.10.2014 at 07:34

To be fair, he is also insane, so that could have something to do with it. I bought this on PS3 and weirdly enough the colour palate in the first level at least gave me a headache. I think it was that mixed with the lighting. Might have to take it back and get the PC version, although apparently that's super unoptimised.

I haven't tried that mod. I've only used the complete mod. However, yeah, the first STALKER is in my top 10 games of all time. It's fantastic.

Ye the PC version is pretty silly. They went for a cinematic experience by incorporated those black bars. Given the type of game it is it seems like a pretty stupid decision. You can adjust the aspect ratio to remove the lines, but you can't adjust the FoV which hinders the AR adjustment useless lel

I was told to avoid the Complete mod It's been such a blast so far. It's the Darkspace of ambient/atmospheric video games.
whatsacow

18.10.2014 at 21:19
Written by Dima on 18.10.2014 at 17:01

Written by whatsacow on 18.10.2014 at 07:34

Ye the PC version is pretty silly. They went for a cinematic experience by incorporated those black bars. Given the type of game it is it seems like a pretty stupid decision. You can adjust the aspect ratio to remove the lines, but you can't adjust the FoV which hinders the AR adjustment useless lel

I was told to avoid the Complete mod It's been such a blast so far. It's the Darkspace of ambient/atmospheric video games.

Oh really? Huh. Fair enough then.

Also, what about the complete mod made you avoid it? I had a pretty good experience with it.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Dima

19.10.2014 at 02:34
Written by whatsacow on 18.10.2014 at 21:19

Oh really? Huh. Fair enough then.

Also, what about the complete mod made you avoid it? I had a pretty good experience with it.

I was told it's too easy. However the biggest reason for avoiding it was the art style. From screenies, the Autumn Aurora mod looks much better at capturing the vibes of a desolate world.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

19.10.2014 at 07:18
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The mechanics of Assassins creed and those batman arkham games combined more or less. Also the same graphics but a bit better. It has a cool ranking system among the enemy chiefs which is where most of the game play comes from. The story was kind of garbage with dialogue either being poorly written, acted or both. . It's not bad, ill give it a 7.8. It's really not worth $50-60 so i'd wait to buy this one if your interested.

One thing is, I probably liked this more because I'm a fan of LotR. It's pretty awesome at first but the Universes content seems to get a little shallow by the end of the game.
----
Coldgrits
Slayer666

19.10.2014 at 18:12
I don't care much for the story, writing, voice-acting and such in a game like Shadow of Mordor. That aspect isn't even secondary, but more like tertiary. It's a nice sandbox, free-roaming game with a lot of really fun stuff going on. I don't really give a fuck why Talion does what he does as long as I get to ride a Caragor into a fort filled with Uruk-Hai and then destroy them combining 5 different methods.

That said, however, the main problem with Shadow of Mordor is an almost complete lack of end-game content. Once you unlock most of the upgrades and get some decent Runes (and I'm not even talking Epic ones, just a few regular ones combined appropriately), the game becomes laughably easy even if you issue Death Threats to increase the enemy Captain/Warchief power.

And the game ends with final boss fight that is a quick-time event. What. The. Fuck.

I'd say I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of the game, with the final 5-6 hours being an absurdly easy, anti-climatic grind.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

19.10.2014 at 18:16
The whole melee system is little more than a QTE to be honest. I groaned every time I discovered a captain or war chief couldn't be taken down with arrows or stealth as I knew I would have to get into a boring button pressing reflex game. I don't remember the last time a game burned out so quickly after being initially fun. Even the lauded Nemesis system feels superficial after a short while.

The good thing about the game is that it gave me an insatiable urge to play something that was more tactile and skill-based, so I went and played through all 3 Souls games.
----
Slayer666

19.10.2014 at 18:36
Yea, Nemesis is stupid overhyped. It's a decent mechanic that can be fun for a while, but the way people are going about it makes it sound like it revolutionized video-games.

In other news, I finally gave in and played all Mass Effect 3 DLCs.

The Citadel is now my favorite DLC for any game ever released, period. It's obvious and cheesy fan-service, but done so goddamn well I don't even care. I dislike Bioware somewhat less now.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

19.10.2014 at 18:44
Yeah I think the mechanics in Shadow of the Empire Mordor were sound, but it did sort of feel like a 10 -12 hour spectacle action game masquerading as an RPG that outstayed its welcome. I think my other issue is that the tone, characters and art style didn't really lend itself to the LotR universe much and it all felt a bit flat.

I even read a comment of someone saying that the Nemesis system of the best example of "next-gen" there is. Lol.

The Citadel is probably my best memory of ME3. It was a nice apology, sort of, after the ending fiasco and I prefer to think of it as the end of the game in many ways. I'm always surprised when people say they don't like it. I've still not played Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC though, which is said to be pretty damn good.
----
Slayer666

19.10.2014 at 18:56
And unlike the actual ending of ME3, you're actually rewarded for doing stuff in the Citadel DLC. The final party is only really great if the entire gang is there, which takes a bit of work (namely importing the save from ME1 where Wrex survived as well as the save from ME2 in which everyone survived and completing all quests in ME3 related to them).

Shadow Broker was pretty good in the storyline/writing department, but I hated the fact it was for ME2 which had, by far, the crappiest gameplay.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

19.10.2014 at 23:49
I think Alien Isolation's lack of save points could ruin the enjoyment for me. Spending 45 minutes carefully navigating and sneaking your way through hostiles to then make one mistake and die and be sent right back to the last save point to do it all again is not cool.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 00:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.10.2014 at 23:49

I think Alien Isolation's lack of save points could ruin the enjoyment for me. Spending 45 minutes carefully navigating and sneaking your way through hostiles to then make one mistake and die and be sent right back to the last save point to do it all again is not cool.

Yup it can get annoying. Sometimes I had to take a detour to a previous save but backtracking is usually safe. Eh, there are a few dumb parts like that though. I'm not sure how far you are but eventually there are enemy humans in the environment that you can use as bait >:) makes some neat replay ability.
----
Coldgrits
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

20.10.2014 at 00:34
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 00:32

Yup it can get annoying. Sometimes I had to take a detour to a previous save but backtracking is usually safe. Eh, there are a few dumb parts like that though. I'm not sure how far you are but eventually there are enemy humans in the environment that you can use as bait >:) makes some neat replay ability.

I guess I should think about looking for more save points too. Problem is I get so caught up in not being seen that I totally forget about it. But yeah, sounds like I need to play more intelligently.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 01:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.10.2014 at 00:34

Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 00:32

I guess I should think about looking for more save points too. Problem is I get so caught up in not being seen that I totally forget about it. But yeah, sounds like I need to play more intelligently.

Ya dummy... not really though those saves are a legit complaint.
----
Coldgrits
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

20.10.2014 at 01:03
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 01:02

Ya dummy... not really though those saves are a legit complaint.

I'm also probably spoiled by autosaves on just about every other PC game At least the game isn't a rogue-like.
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

20.10.2014 at 02:16
Written by -DC-002- on 19.10.2014 at 07:18

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The mechanics of Assassins creed and those batman arkham games combined more or less. Also the same graphics but a bit better. It has a cool ranking system among the enemy chiefs which is where most of the game play comes from. The story was kind of garbage with dialogue either being poorly written, acted or both. . It's not bad, ill give it a 7.8. It's really not worth $50-60 so i'd wait to buy this one if your interested.

One thing is, I probably liked this more because I'm a fan of LotR. It's pretty awesome at first but the Universes content seems to get a little shallow by the end of the game.

My brother just dropped this one off. Hopefully it'll be fun to play at least.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 03:11
Written by deadone on 20.10.2014 at 02:16

Written by -DC-002- on 19.10.2014 at 07:18

My brother just dropped this one off. Hopefully it'll be fun to play at least.

I'm sure you'll have fun with it. The game play is pretty solid for what its worth. My critique might sound a little harsh but there's plenty to enjoy about it
----
Coldgrits
deadone
Mainstream Poser

21.10.2014 at 03:45
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 03:11

I'm sure you'll have fun with it. The game play is pretty solid for what its worth. My critique might sound a little harsh but there's plenty to enjoy about it

So I tried Shadow of Mordor and played it for about 3 hours.

Didn't like it:

1. Combat system was clunky compared to other similar games. Didn't like the whole executing stunned opponents thing simply cause it prolonged combats too much (e.g. "I've stunned an opponent after hacking him 6 times but can't finish him off cause there's 4 other opponents to finish).

2. The world was boring. Hey look randomly placed ruins. Hey look guards guarding nothing.

3. Getting to any story event was a chore as you had to be on your guard all the fucking time. And if you died, you were back at the starting point and had to do it all again - just ti get to the story event.

Other games dump you near where you died which is usually fine.

4. It was just about fighting but the fighting wasn't that cool or epic. It was a slog. I expect more variety from sandbox games.

5. The constant babble between the ranger and his ghost elf buddy was irritating.

Pazdzioch
windowlicker

21.10.2014 at 15:56
Actually not a big video games fanatic now, but remember that at the time (2005 probably) I fucking loved "Fahrenheit" to the death. Terrific story and huge soundtrack. Who also played it?

----
I kick ass for the Lord!
Dima

21.10.2014 at 16:11
All i'm gonna say is Stalker makes Metro look like a soggy scotch finger.

Written by Pazdzioch on 21.10.2014 at 15:56

Actually not a big video games fanatic now, but remember that at the time (2005 probably) I fucking loved "Fahrenheit" to the death. Terrific story and huge soundtrack. Who also played it?

o.o that is one of the best trailers I've ever seen. It isn't on steam though
IronAngel

22.10.2014 at 01:47
Holy shit Underrail looks promising. It's dirt cheap and looks like Fallout with superior gameplay (i.e. turn-based combat on a grid). The RPGCodex preview is lauding it as potentially the best RPG in over a decade (though they are notoriously elitistic). Fuck Wasteland 2, I'm getting this (also have a look if you dig the new Shadowruns):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

22.10.2014 at 07:29
Written by deadone on 21.10.2014 at 03:45

Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 03:11

It probably would have been much worse if you had paid that price. Thank your brother for taking the hit
----
Coldgrits
deadone
Mainstream Poser

22.10.2014 at 07:42
Written by -DC-002- on 22.10.2014 at 07:29

It probably would have been much worse if you had paid that price. Thank your brother for taking the hit

He liked it but he likes virtually anything.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

22.10.2014 at 19:18
Nailed Alien: Isolation. On the whole it's a flawed game with amazing atmosphere, visuals and sound design. It's just a shame the story was meh, the script and voice acting poor and the game a bit on the overly long and repetitive side.
----
Kennoth

25.10.2014 at 03:17
Since I don't have a social life, if anyone's up to play some good ol' Warcraft 3 online (whether it's custom games or melee), hit me up. I'm down for other games too, but as long as they don't require some overpowered configuration just to run them, my PC is not exactly up to speed with today's behemoths.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
Dima

25.10.2014 at 14:41
Just got Deadly Premonition for $2.50 off steam. More or less described as a bizarre game that is so bad it's perfect.

IronAngel

25.10.2014 at 16:01
Finished Earthbound, started both Link to the Past and Avernum: Escape from the Pit. The latter's a really nice, turn-based isometric RPG with a custom-made party of four and an open-world cavern system to explore and do quests in. Simple but effective tactical combat and a lot of funny and immersive writing. Not much of a story, but I recommend it for anyone who likes turn-based games or dungeon-crawlers.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

28.10.2014 at 15:56
Looks like Lords of the Fallen seems to be getting decent-to-good reviews across the board (7 and 8s) but the consensus is that it's a bit easy. Sounds like a worthy diversion though.
----
ANGEL REAPER

28.10.2014 at 18:35
So you guys know i like old DOS games made in Build engine.I was playing around with PowerSlave ,Whichaven and Blood lately.Interesting stuff....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Login or register to post here.