‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Users visited: 321  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.02.2014 at 21:56
Written by tea[m]ster on 28.02.2014 at 21:51

Just plain wrong son, just plain wrong. The Bioshock series, especially the first one is a perfect blend of story line and FPS action. The writing is brilliant and there are sooo many fascinating ways to obliterate the enemy.

They're well written, I'll give them that (though I didn't enjoy experiencing the story through audio tapes: yawn) but the gameplay is so linear and repetitive. Same enemy types and for some reason I find the plasmids or whatever they're called don't offer enough variety as they should. Definitely not the height of gaming if you ask me.

Page 31 of 34

Mad Arab666

29.03.2015 at 22:34
Loving bloodborne at the moment though I can't get past the first boss.

Only done two hours of gameplay though. I'm also playing fire emblem awakening on the 3DS. Really having fun with that.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
Dima

30.03.2015 at 06:10
Written by Mad Arab666 on 29.03.2015 at 22:34

Only done two hours of gameplay though. I'm also playing fire emblem awakening on the 3DS. Really having fun with that.

Which boss? Cause some people accidentally fight the second boss first who's way more difficult.
Dima

30.03.2015 at 18:07
Bloodborne conquered Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy it is.
Mad Arab666

31.03.2015 at 21:22
Written by Dima on 30.03.2015 at 06:10

Written by Mad Arab666 on 29.03.2015 at 22:34

Which boss? Cause some people accidentally fight the second boss first who's way more difficult.

It was the cleric beast but I finally beat him. I just love exploring yharnham. Like in dark souls there's just a certain sense of dread you get with every step.
----
Dima

01.04.2015 at 02:53
Written by Mad Arab666 on 31.03.2015 at 21:22

It was the cleric beast but I finally beat him. I just love exploring yharnham. Like in dark souls there's just a certain sense of dread you get with every step.

Ye its a very well designed world. There's a pursuit and achievement of verisimilitude that's hard to find in most other games. GZ on the boss kill. With those large bosses it's usually ideal not to lock on.
whatsacow

10.04.2015 at 14:55
Kinda disappointed with Bloodborne's Replayability. There aren't any builds and new game + doesn't change anything. All there is is the Challice Dungeons. Still, absolutely fantastic 80 hours.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
whatsacow

17.04.2015 at 08:12
Played a lot of Bloodborne and put up a review: http://plus10damage.com/blog/2015/4/15/bloodborne-review

Now I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin. The changes they made are pretty darn good and make the game more challenging, but also a bit fairer. Some areas aren't as bullshitty, and some just make more sense lorewise.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Sentinel65

06.06.2015 at 04:57
I've started playing GTA IV with my friend a lot, just beat the final heist and made $1.3 mil. It is the biggest pain in the ass waiting for the exact amount of players needed for missions, but once we start playing they're great. When we are hanging out we play horror games, at the moment its SCP: Containment Breach. We got stuck after it turned out the one place on the map where we constantly glitch and fall through is necessary to beat the game! After that its probably Amnesia: Machine For Pigs (we just beat the first game.)
Mad Arab666

13.06.2015 at 02:48
I been playing the witcher 3 for a while now. Pretty awesome game. Anyone tried it?

Been playing Mortal kombat x as well but not as much. Still a good game.
----
The Shape 1973

13.06.2015 at 14:50
Project Cars. Will be good when its finished.

Promising so far, though glitched to hell. Needs many patches.
----
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one....and they usually smell of shit.
ANGEL REAPER

14.06.2015 at 21:30
Brutal doom v20. well its brutal i can say that (also dual wield )
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Mad Arab666

23.06.2015 at 02:48
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.06.2015 at 21:30

Brutal doom v20. well its brutal i can say that (also dual wield )

I just saw the trailer for Brutal doom. Looks so chaotic and fun.
----
IronAngel

23.06.2015 at 13:16
Pillars of Eternity is the tits. It is a shame they made it real-time with pause rather than turn-based, though.
Candlemass
Defaeco

25.06.2015 at 16:58
Waiting for the Path of Exile expansion, playing some ARMA III with my European friends when I have the time.
----
Twelve Virtues of Rationality
Uldreth

25.06.2015 at 17:04
Written by IronAngel on 23.06.2015 at 13:16

Pillars of Eternity is the tits. It is a shame they made it real-time with pause rather than turn-based, though.

Aye, but I find PoE to be far more playable than old Infinity Engine games, even if PoE is trying hard to be like them.

Planescape: Torment was the only IE game I could stomach playing (since it is not combat-oriented at all), even though I wanted to like Baldur's Gate II a lot, my principal gaming experience with BG II was getting freed from Irenicus' crib at the start as a sorcerer, then meeting a couple of imp-like things, blasting them relatively fine, then ran out of spells, no way to rest and then I said hello to like 2 min long battles against imps where my two-member party nearly died with no way to regen.

This is on easiest. I fully realize I suck at this whole DnD shiznit, but I don't see why a real-time capable video game has to adhere downright strictly to pen and paper rpg rules, and I don't see how should I have fought those early battles with so limited spells as a spellcaster.

Never had this issue with PoE however, even if the game IS hard, and a turn-based (or fully real-time) combat system would have fit it better.
CyberSymphony
Ollie

27.06.2015 at 22:29
I just bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS, as I hugely enjoyed MH Tri on the Wii, so far its a
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

02.07.2015 at 16:26
Bought so many games during the Steam Summer Sale, but I can't stop playing a wee £2 game called "Town Of Salem". It's so unbelievably addicitive. I'll get back to point n click games and CS:GO eventually
----
YES to Scottish Independence
ANGEL REAPER

04.07.2015 at 23:57
Im playing Broforce these couple of days.Its much fun !
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
deadone
loins are moist

06.07.2015 at 01:51
Well "finished" playing Assassin's Creed Unity. By finished, I've done the bits I can be arsed with.

What a real backwards step from Assassins Creed Black Flag in everything from gameplay to plot to nature of side quests to upgrades to inventory management. Most things were just a case of running and pressing O.
Dima

12.07.2015 at 19:22
Witcher 3 done after 180 hours. I love the game but man it nosedives hard story wise in the last act. The books that I've read and the first 2 games mean a lot to me and it's extremely disappointing and depressing to see how the final act was treated. They clearly ran out of time. Curse of the open world still lingers...
deadone
loins are moist

13.07.2015 at 04:09
Written by Dima on 12.07.2015 at 19:22

Witcher 3 done after 180 hours. I love the game but man it nosedives hard story wise in the last act. The books that I've read and the first 2 games mean a lot to me and it's extremely disappointing and depressing to see how the final act was treated. They clearly ran out of time. Curse of the open world still lingers...

Sad to hear it was disappointing.

I still want to play this one but still have a ton of other stuff to play. I'll wait until it goes really cheap.
Dima

13.07.2015 at 04:39
Written by deadone on 13.07.2015 at 04:09

Sad to hear it was disappointing.

I still want to play this one but still have a ton of other stuff to play. I'll wait until it goes really cheap.

Emotional conflict. There's disappointment but i'd still give it a 9/10 or something. Do you care about the world, the characters, the lore as much as I do? If not then what bothers me (and many other diehard fans) probably won't bother you as much, or at all.

It won't go 'really cheap' anytime soon ;P Witcher was basically unknown when the 1st 2 games dropped so it's gonna take a lot longer that 3-4 years for it to sell for <$5 on steam haha. Even at the full price the game ticks the 'bang for your buck' box.
deadone
loins are moist

13.07.2015 at 04:43
Written by Dima on 13.07.2015 at 04:39

Emotional conflict. There's disappointment but i'd still give it a 9/10 or something. Do you care about the world, the characters, the lore as much as I do? If not then what bothers me (and many other diehard fans) probably won't bother you as much, or at all.

Not played 1 or 2 so no attachment to the world (yet).

Quote:
It won't go 'really cheap' anytime soon ;P Witcher was basically unknown when the 1st 2 games dropped so it's gonna take a lot longer that 3-4 years for it to sell for <$5 on steam haha. Even at the full price the game ticks the 'bang for your buck' box.

Actually I was thinking more like $40-$60 and on PS4.

I still haven't finished Watch Dogs! And I've got a few others sitting there collecting dust that I am yet to play.
deadone
loins are moist

13.07.2015 at 05:24
On another note I managed to dual wield controllers for the first time ever whilst playing the most inane game I've ever played bar "My Hero" on Master System: Diablo 3.

3 of us were battling a boss and one of my mates left to go to the toilet. So I grabbed both controllers and pressed X with both controllers. Boss and minions were dispatched rather easily.

Truly inane. Never playing that again.
Dima

13.07.2015 at 15:28
Written by deadone on 13.07.2015 at 04:43

Not played 1 or 2 so no attachment to the world (yet).

Actually I was thinking more like $40-$60 and on PS4.

I still haven't finished Watch Dogs! And I've got a few others sitting there collecting dust that I am yet to play.

I hope you can get through the first Witcher. It's combat system and the first area discourage many people from completing it which I understand but personally I had no issue with the combat. It's a shame since I think it has one of the best sections/acts/chapters in VGs (Act 4).
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

13.07.2015 at 22:54
Written by Dima on 12.07.2015 at 19:22

Witcher 3 done after 180 hours.

Got me thinking what games I have spent the most hours on. Pretty easy to tell with Steam members. Just look it up. So with that in mind, I have put in 1091 hours into Borderlands 2. 313 hours in Skyrim. 8 MONTHS on QuakeLive, but that doesn't count since it's an online shooter. On the consoles, I remember putting over 300 hours in Final Fantasy 7 on PS3, the counter stopped at 299 I think. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I know I put a boatload of hours into those games as well. I am missing some other games, those are the ones off the top of my head. Anyone want to chime in?
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
IronAngel

13.07.2015 at 23:01
I also found the swamp in Witcher (acts II and III apparently, looking at the Wiki) very generic and tedious. So many quests about running back and forth through uninteresting areas, farming uninteresting monsters. Perhaps my memory of the experience is distorted, but it felt like doing chores in two areas (half of Vizima, and the swamp) dominated the major part of the game. It had its moments: a good story, art style (apart from recycled NPCs) and atmosphere, but a large part of it was just unappealing. Outdoors area design was very MMO-ish, I guess you could say, and the combat/character building aspect sucks ass. A good game, though, but nowhere near a modern RPG gem for me. (But I guess that is partly due to me being an RPG fan and the game really isn't one, so I judge by unusual standards.)
Dima

15.07.2015 at 14:40
Written by tea[m]ster on 13.07.2015 at 22:54

Got me thinking what games I have spent the most hours on. Pretty easy to tell with Steam members. Just look it up. So with that in mind, I have put in 1091 hours into Borderlands 2. 313 hours in Skyrim. 8 MONTHS on QuakeLive, but that doesn't count since it's an online shooter. On the consoles, I remember putting over 300 hours in Final Fantasy 7 on PS3, the counter stopped at 299 I think. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I know I put a boatload of hours into those games as well. I am missing some other games, those are the ones off the top of my head. Anyone want to chime in?

When you've invested 6000 hours it counts regardless if it's free or not But 1000 in Borderlands 2? I found that game to be so lackluster. Oh and Randy Pitchford is a cunt so there's that too

Written by IronAngel on 13.07.2015 at 23:01

I also found the swamp in Witcher (acts II and III apparently, looking at the Wiki) very generic and tedious. So many quests about running back and forth through uninteresting areas, farming uninteresting monsters. Perhaps my memory of the experience is distorted, but it felt like doing chores in two areas (half of Vizima, and the swamp) dominated the major part of the game. It had its moments: a good story, art style (apart from recycled NPCs) and atmosphere, but a large part of it was just unappealing. Outdoors area design was very MMO-ish, I guess you could say, and the combat/character building aspect sucks ass. A good game, though, but nowhere near a modern RPG gem for me. (But I guess that is partly due to me being an RPG fan and the game really isn't one, so I judge by unusual standards.)

Ye the game really would have benefited from a fast travel system. At the end of the day it's flawed as fuck but it oozes charm if you ask me. I've finished it 3 times and would have no issue going through it again.
BitterCOld
Ghost COsmonaut

16.07.2015 at 02:49
Looking at Bloodborne for PS4. thoughts?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Maco

16.07.2015 at 03:20
Written by BitterCOld on 16.07.2015 at 02:49

Looking at Bloodborne for PS4. thoughts?

If you like Action role-playing you will love it, but you need patience (game is hard as fuck, not for newbies) and skill.
----
I'm derp.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Login or register to post here.