‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:18
Written by Slayer666 on 18.04.2012 at 17:43

The single greatest game ever published, to be exact. Went through that bitch 8 times and thinking of acing it once more soon.

Relax a sec big guy!. Even tho it had it's moments (the haunted house scene), overall it was a great idea executed poorly. First game to license the HL2 engine, it was broke as hell and the developers didn't do shit to fix it. The game lives on because of the community and modders.

Page 33 of 34

Mattybu
crusty juggler

25.03.2014 at 17:12
MY OCD goes off everytime I look at my shelf and see the unfinished PS3 games alongside the finished ones so I'm on a mission to clean up the games I've still got to finish. Figure I should give each a full go of whatever story type mode there is, the only one I defined my own terms for is NHL 14. Next in the lineup is Metal Gear Solid 4 (no idea why I stopped playing that so it will be interesting firing it up again after years).

The past couple days I was playing a surprisingly good RPG called Deathspank that I downloaded something like 2 or 3 years ago. I'm not sure if it's a PS3 exclusive but certainly a game I would recommend to anyone who has the system to play it. Man I got the shit killed out of me for a little while going back into that one after a long break.
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
!J.O.O.E.!

25.03.2014 at 17:16
Written by Mattybu on 25.03.2014 at 17:12

Metal Gear Solid 4 (no idea why I stopped playing that so it will be interesting firing it up again after years).

I blasted through MGS4 in a day just before Christmas. Great stuff. Not as amazing gameplay wise as 3, or story wise as 1, but brilliant nonetheless. Would have preferred more people to talk to on the Codec, as well as better more interesting bosses though.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

25.03.2014 at 21:59
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.03.2014 at 17:16

Written by Mattybu on 25.03.2014 at 17:12

Metal Gear Solid 4 (no idea why I stopped playing that so it will be interesting firing it up again after years).

I blasted through MGS4 in a day just before Christmas. Great stuff. Not as amazing gameplay wise as 3, or story wise as 1, but brilliant nonetheless. Would have preferred more people to talk to on the Codec, as well as better more interesting bosses though.

From what I remember playing it years ago the gameplay was definitely not on par with 3. The only boss I remember is in this sort of cabin and it had tentacles of some kind (I think?). I don't think I got much further than that. I bet if the story and gameplay gripped their hooks into my soul like MGS3 I would have finished the game but I'm still looking forward to revisiting it

It might have to wait until after God of War II though now. I started it just the other day and I was itching for MGS4 so considered putting it on hold but really, God of War II is just a macho game and I think it needs a good spanking before I move on. Damn it so many games to play.
----
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

26.03.2014 at 11:57
The Stick Of Truth's pretty fun. Although the Canada bit gets annoying after awhile.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
Kirg

01.04.2014 at 18:59
I have just stumbled upon some tech stuff about Quake writen by Id software programmer many years ago.
There are few interesting facts - entire team consisted of 17 people while 10 did work on development. Publishing(activision) part was handled by no more than 20 people, including testing and such stuff.

As the time progressed games got much more complex but work force seems to have shifted slightly. There's often 50-100 people working on development while publishing is done by 500 or so people. Seriously, why are so many people necessary for publishing? Perhaps that explains why today's games are so short while they cost more than 50$...

Another fun fact - John Romero designed all levels in episode 2.
Mattybu
crusty juggler

02.04.2014 at 05:20
Just finished God of War II today, real real good stuff and also worth pointing out has some of the best boss fights I have ever seen...
----
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

02.04.2014 at 22:29
Stick of Truth was pretty fun.

Way too simplistic and non-challenging from a gameplay perspective (and just ridiculously short), but the humor sure delivered.
"I had a nice lance which she sat upon.... the Maiden from Stoneberry Hallow who's also your mom...."
Uldreth

03.04.2014 at 01:44
Written by Slayer666 on 02.04.2014 at 22:29

Stick of Truth was pretty fun.

Way too simplistic and non-challenging from a gameplay perspective (and just ridiculously short), but the humor sure delivered.
"I had a nice lance which she sat upon.... the Maiden from Stoneberry Hallow who's also your mom...."

I nearly fell off my chair when I first used Cartman's "Curse".

Though this game didn't manage to beat Saints Row 4 in terms of sheer madness, maybe cause the South Park graphics already made me prepare for everything, but my top WTF moment in gaming was definitely getting attacked by a floating toilet with telekinetic powers in SR4...
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

04.04.2014 at 04:19
I know I am a bit late but I just finished Dishonored for PC. Pretty good game. Graphics, the city itself, game play and kill animations are quite good but kinda got repetitious towards the end. I can see the replay value being excellent because for the entire game I used 2 or 3 of the 10 or so "powers" available - blink, bend time and dark vision. Their are plenty of toys for Corvo to tinker with, music is good, voice acting is good and all in all I had a nice 40+ hour run with the game. I might get the DLC's, gonna read up on the them first.

89/100
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

04.04.2014 at 19:39
I love when you buy a game for your "old" console only to find out the expansion for said game is being released solely for next-gen consoles.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
whatsacow

07.04.2014 at 01:29
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.04.2014 at 19:39

I love when you buy a game for your "old" console only to find out the expansion for said game is being released solely for next-gen consoles.

Which game are you talking about?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

07.04.2014 at 03:36
Written by whatsacow on 07.04.2014 at 01:29
Which game are you talking about?

Diablo 3. Bought it for 360, now apparently the Reaper of Souls expansion is only being released for PS4 (and maybe the Xbone). There's talks of it being released as DLC which I'm okay with but if they only release it for next-gen consoles then I'll just go back to downloading PC games for free.
----
deadone
Nu Metal Warrior

07.04.2014 at 06:51
Played the new Killzone Shadow Fall.

It sucked arse.

AI was terrible with enemies running straight at you regardless of cover. Straight out of 1993!

Level design reminded me of 1st Halo in some places - lots of buildings without purpose.

And the cool "future war" vibe of the first game is gone replaced by generic sci-fi shit.

Is this what PS4 offers?

New Thief was alright and captured vibe of old ones. It didn;'t really improve on the series though in terms of interesting gameplay.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

07.04.2014 at 07:12
Written by deadone on 07.04.2014 at 06:51
Played the new Killzone Shadow Fall.
It sucked arse.

It didn't look too bad for a launch title, but I agree overall it definitely didn't live up to expectations. I like the Killzone series for its tension and grit while appearing polished, but this one focuses too much on visuals and not enough on realism or natural flow.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

08.04.2014 at 02:22
Killzone peaked at the 2nd game in my opinion. For a first person shooter, that game has the best campaign of any I have ever played. Online was awesome as well but obviously totally dead now. The 3rd game was really not as good as the 2nd, but it was decent. The FPS market seems like a really barren wasteland at the moment.

I've heard the new infamous game is pretty good on PS4, but I don't think I could play a game where the protagonist is a hipster douchebag from Toronto (well looks like one anyways).

Other than the first Resistance game, the PS3 kind of sucked balls at launch too. I think Sony will figure out how to make some real good games for it, and for multiplatform games I would taking playing on a PS4 over xbox one any day of the week.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

08.04.2014 at 02:26
Also in one of the last games of my regular season in NHL 14 I knocked Boston out of the playoffs and beat the snot out of Shawn Thornton in a fight with Brooks Orpik (who I got from the Penguins early in the season). THAT is why an NHL fantasy game needs to exist... Now just need to win the Red Wings a virtual stanley cup and my work is done.
----
whatsacow

08.04.2014 at 03:32
Written by Mattybu on 08.04.2014 at 02:22

Killzone peaked at the 2nd game in my opinion. For a first person shooter, that game has the best campaign of any I have ever played. Online was awesome as well but obviously totally dead now. The 3rd game was really not as good as the 2nd, but it was decent. The FPS market seems like a really barren wasteland at the moment.

I've heard the new infamous game is pretty good on PS4, but I don't think I could play a game where the protagonist is a hipster douchebag from Toronto (well looks like one anyways).

Other than the first Resistance game, the PS3 kind of sucked balls at launch too. I think Sony will figure out how to make some real good games for it, and for multiplatform games I would taking playing on a PS4 over xbox one any day of the week.

...You don't play many shooters, do you? Let's see... FPS's with better campaigns:

Half Life
Half Life 2
All of the STALKER games
FEAR
Bioshock
System Shock
Deus Ex
No One Lives Forever
Bulletstorm
Painkiller
Brothers in Arms
Serious Sam
Far Cry 3

And the list goes on. You need to try more shooters. Although if you're playing on a console I'd understand. Playing an fps without a mouse is fucking terrible.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Mattybu
crusty juggler

08.04.2014 at 04:48
I vastly prefer playing an FPS on a console over a computer. The only game I play on PC is World of Warcraft. That I don't think would translate well to a console, so even if the option was there I wouldn't. I've played Bioshock, Deus Ex (the new one on PC), some Brothers in Arms games, and I prefer Killzone 2 on single player alone to any of those. Serious Sam games definitely not my cup of tea either, I've tried a couple at a friends place before who likes them a lot.

Killzone 2 is on a whole. nutha. LEVEL.
----
whatsacow

08.04.2014 at 07:44
Written by Mattybu on 08.04.2014 at 04:48

I vastly prefer playing an FPS on a console over a computer. The only game I play on PC is World of Warcraft. That I don't think would translate well to a console, so even if the option was there I wouldn't. I've played Bioshock, Deus Ex (the new one on PC), some Brothers in Arms games, and I prefer Killzone 2 on single player alone to any of those. Serious Sam games definitely not my cup of tea either, I've tried a couple at a friends place before who likes them a lot.

Killzone 2 is on a whole. nutha. LEVEL.

I personally didn't like the Killzone games. They seemed like they were a hybrid of Call of Duty and Halo, neither of which I really like. Either I want an old school shooter that's fast paced and frantic, or I want my slower FPS games to be well paced, with downtimes and stuff to do other than shoot, even if that is exploration. Killzone is generic, but if you like it, who cares what I think. Peresonally I'm more interested in why you prefer to play FPS on a console. It's so imprecise and it takes forever to aim. Plus you can plug a 360 controller into your pc and plug your pc into a tv and you're playing a console with better graphics and a MUCH bigger library.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

08.04.2014 at 16:36
It would be nonsensically inconvenient to keep moving my computer back and forth from my room to the room where my PS3 is, and to be honest I like the controls better, the aiming is fine to me and the buttons on a PS3 controller are much more comfortable for moving around and reloading and such. I don't really have the money for a gigantic library of games these days anyways, even though PC has the most FPS games.

Killzone 2 is like a hybrid of Halo and CoD, both games I also dislike and serieses I avoid on general principle, but it has balls and for me the story and characters were actually really engaging. So for me it was un-generic in that in most generic shooters with a "band of marines" type setup, the characters and story suck balls.
----
whatsacow

08.04.2014 at 19:16
Written by Mattybu on 08.04.2014 at 16:36

It would be nonsensically inconvenient to keep moving my computer back and forth from my room to the room where my PS3 is, and to be honest I like the controls better, the aiming is fine to me and the buttons on a PS3 controller are much more comfortable for moving around and reloading and such. I don't really have the money for a gigantic library of games these days anyways, even though PC has the most FPS games.

Killzone 2 is like a hybrid of Halo and CoD, both games I also dislike and serieses I avoid on general principle, but it has balls and for me the story and characters were actually really engaging. So for me it was un-generic in that in most generic shooters with a "band of marines" type setup, the characters and story suck balls.

Fair enough. I'd say pc has like a million free to play games, but two of the really good ones are moving to console anyway, so enjoy

I prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse in most instances, but I can't go back to controller for fps. Each to their own I guess. Have you tried Bulletstorm? If you like Killzne you may like that. It's a lot more lighthearted but it's awesome amounts of fun.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

09.04.2014 at 01:11
I haven't tried Bulletstorm. Oddly enough, I had to kill some time during my brother's doctor appointment today and the only moderately interesting place near the doctor's office was a Toys R' Us. I saw Bulletstorm on PS3 for $10 and I remember you recommending it so had to put some serious thought into it but decided to pass simply because of how many PS3 games are already on my plate. A decision I'm sure I will regret at some point It sounds like my kind of game though because I have enjoyed other comically over-the-top, violent games like MadWorld for Wii.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

09.04.2014 at 01:48
Written by Mattybu on 09.04.2014 at 01:11

I haven't tried Bulletstorm. Oddly enough, I had to kill some time during my brother's doctor appointment today and the only moderately interesting place near the doctor's office was a Toys R' Us. I saw Bulletstorm on PS3 for $10 and I remember you recommending it so had to put some serious thought into it but decided to pass simply because of how many PS3 games are already on my plate. A decision I'm sure I will regret at some point It sounds like my kind of game though because I have enjoyed other comically over-the-top, violent games like MadWorld for Wii.

Bulletstorm is huge amounts of fun. Really pretty, quite a cool gameplay mechanic (a bit novelty but it works really well) and over the top, low-brow humour. One of the few campaigns from a single player FPS I've enjoyed in recent years.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

09.04.2014 at 03:24
Well, low-brow is my middle name. I'll have to check it out now. To be honest as tempting as the $10 price tag was it was also a little deterring cause I know the decent games or greatest hits type games usually go down to $20 or maybe $15 if you're lucky, so $10 had me thinking "hmmm, what is it that's wrong with this"... Maybe just that it's a relatively older game and PS3 games are probably going to slowly get phased out in the next little bit.
----
whatsacow

11.04.2014 at 04:11
Written by Mattybu on 09.04.2014 at 03:24

Well, low-brow is my middle name. I'll have to check it out now. To be honest as tempting as the $10 price tag was it was also a little deterring cause I know the decent games or greatest hits type games usually go down to $20 or maybe $15 if you're lucky, so $10 had me thinking "hmmm, what is it that's wrong with this"... Maybe just that it's a relatively older game and PS3 games are probably going to slowly get phased out in the next little bit.

It didn't sell well because was released at a bad time from memory. Also, another reason to come to PC. I bought Skyrim for 6 bucks. And I bought Sleeping Dogs for a buck fifty.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

11.04.2014 at 19:04
I have Oblivion and Skyrim but they just never quite clicked with me like Fallout did. I think I'll try them again at some point though.

I just got back into MGS4 last night, and as I suspected, NO FUCKING CLUE what is going on story wise, and no clue what I was supposed to do at first. I was in the Europe part where Snake is dressed in a trench coat and after some chatting with Otacon I figured out I had to trail some "resistance" guy and also not get seen by the "PMC" guys. And considering how I had no idea how either of them work into the story, the mission was surprisingly fun. Then I got really sucked in and did the whole motorcycle sequence after a textbook overly long cutscene/convoluted plot details segment, and then I realized it was like 3 in the morning and I needed to sleep. Stopped right at the boss battle with jetpack guy.

Also got some flashbacks of my sweet, succulent time with MGS3. I really need to go back and revisit that one, it's been too long...
----
whatsacow

12.04.2014 at 02:54
Written by Mattybu on 11.04.2014 at 19:04

I have Oblivion and Skyrim but they just never quite clicked with me like Fallout did. I think I'll try them again at some point though.

I just got back into MGS4 last night, and as I suspected, NO FUCKING CLUE what is going on story wise, and no clue what I was supposed to do at first. I was in the Europe part where Snake is dressed in a trench coat and after some chatting with Otacon I figured out I had to trail some "resistance" guy and also not get seen by the "PMC" guys. And considering how I had no idea how either of them work into the story, the mission was surprisingly fun. Then I got really sucked in and did the whole motorcycle sequence after a textbook overly long cutscene/convoluted plot details segment, and then I realized it was like 3 in the morning and I needed to sleep. Stopped right at the boss battle with jetpack guy.

Also got some flashbacks of my sweet, succulent time with MGS3. I really need to go back and revisit that one, it's been too long...

If you want a really cool critical dissection of the metal gear solid series that will not only bring you up to speed but explain wtf hideo was smoking for MGS2, look up Super bunny hop metal gear solid on youtube. It's pretty darn cool.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

12.04.2014 at 03:02
I just might have to... I know there was some definite links between the plots in 3 and 4 and it's just been too long since I played the 3rd to put it all together. And I never even finished the 2nd, sadly. Probably put myself myself in a bad place by trying MGS3 before it...
----
whatsacow

12.04.2014 at 03:37
Written by Mattybu on 12.04.2014 at 03:02

I just might have to... I know there was some definite links between the plots in 3 and 4 and it's just been too long since I played the 3rd to put it all together. And I never even finished the 2nd, sadly. Probably put myself myself in a bad place by trying MGS3 before it...

A lot of people hated MGS2 because of how confusing and bizarre it is. It was Hideo Kojima trying to commentate on the state of video games at the time and the insane hype that the medium evokes.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

13.04.2014 at 15:31
Oh my lord, Below looks so frickin' gorgeous. So glad it's coming to PC.

New gameplay footage: http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/12/5608032/below-video-preview-capy-games-pax-east-2014
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34

Login or register to post here.