‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34
Users visited: 321  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by wormdrink414 on 18.03.2014 at 03:12
Stick of Truth is way better than I thought it'd be and I thought it'd be sick.

Page 33 of 34

Uldreth

30.07.2015 at 12:40
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.07.2015 at 12:27

More like passing through just to vent about games for a bit ;]

So yer not here to stay?
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

30.07.2015 at 12:48
Written by Uldreth on 30.07.2015 at 12:40

So yer not here to stay?

Probably not =P maybe if I listen to new music this year, but I barely have.
----
Bad English
Masterchief

30.07.2015 at 13:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.07.2015 at 12:48

So yer not here to stay?

it means you're not metal anymore?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Dima

30.07.2015 at 13:24
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2015 at 13:18

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.07.2015 at 12:48

So yer not here to stay?

it means you're not metal anymore?

From what i've been told he's morphed into plain rock.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

30.07.2015 at 21:03
I've become a plain rock -_- someone paint me!

Just occurred to me I also played Machinarium this year. Not really one for point and click adventures (I think the only one I ever finished was Secret of Monkey Island on the Amiga when I was about 8) but man, puzzles aside it's such a great experience. One of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, and looks amazing. Love the way the story is told too through thought bubbles. I cheated most of the way through it though, but it doesn't really matter.
----
Zaphod
The Nothingth

31.07.2015 at 01:40
After replaying Demon's Souls and Dark Souls recently, I've started Dark Souls 2 again (never finished it) and I already want to quit. I don't get it. It feels like a cheap rip off of the other two. I easily put over 200 hours in each of its predecessors, but it's hard for me to play DS2 for more than 15 minutes.
----
There was no grand design
To get to this point
No absolutes, no given truths
We were not carved in stone
Dima

31.07.2015 at 12:48
Dead Space done! Great game. Most of the weapons were boring but the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun and Contact Beam have some punch to them and are very satisfying to use. The scares follow a formula so a couple hours in and MOST scares are so predictable you're basically unfazed. Game was too easy. Ammo isn't scarce enough which hurts the atmosphere. Having more tension would have made the jump scares all the more powerful. Shame. Still extremely fun. Onto the sequel. Heard its more of the same which is fine by me!

Written by Zaphod on 31.07.2015 at 01:40

After replaying Demon's Souls and Dark Souls recently, I've started Dark Souls 2 again (never finished it) and I already want to quit. I don't get it. It feels like a cheap rip off of the other two. I easily put over 200 hours in each of its predecessors, but it's hard for me to play DS2 for more than 15 minutes.

I would enjoy it way more if the weapons had weight to them and it actually felt like I made contact with the enemy when I swung. I feels like i'm swinging at clouds in zero gravity at 2x the speed.
deadone
loins are moist

03.08.2015 at 03:25
Wolfenstein: New Order.

It's cheesy but I enjoy this kind of old school first person shooter more than Call of Duty etc especially as I don't like online gaming.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

04.08.2015 at 18:53
Blates made in the Bloodborne engine, which is not a bad thing in the slightest. Paint me more excited than Jimmy Savile in a children's emergency ward. Interestingly it sort of looks technically inferior to Bloodborne, not that it matters. No doubt the PC version will be crisper. They're obviously going for transparency after the DSII fiasco.

----
Dima

05.08.2015 at 04:51
OOOOFF the Tower of Latria vibes are real! There seems to be weight behind the strikes and actual impact to your blows which DaS2 didn't have YAAAAYY. It looks like a SoulsBorne hybrid with a hint of SotC. They also 'fixed' the colour palette. For some reason I found the DaS2 one unappealing... I'm ready!
Maco

05.08.2015 at 07:30
Written by Dima on 31.07.2015 at 12:48

Dead Space done!

I swear I tried really hard to like that game, but it didn't work out for me. The atmosphere didn't grab me, the monsters were kinda meh, the story was kinda lame, it wasn't even scary...

I guess I will add it to my list of overrated games that dissappointed me.
----
I'm derp.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

05.08.2015 at 15:22
Dead Space games (first two) certainly aren't bad, but they're pretty much revolved around the novelty that you shoot the limbs off, rather than the head / torso. I enjoyed the unique weapons that resulted from it. Gets a bit lame after a while though (lol pun). Second one feels a bit bit better than the first; it just tweaks and refines it a little.

--

I certainly hope DSIII employs some of the faster combat of BB, but only when appropriate, otherwise it runs the risk of repeating the fairly rubbish gameplay of Demons Souls where everything feels sped up and makes the animations look jerky and unrealistic (which affects the gameplay to a large degree). Light, cloth-like armour would give BB-level speed and evasion but I also think it would be cool if they went the extra mile with the heavy armour; perhaps make it even slower and clunkier, but give a little (very little) additional defense as a result. High armour in other Souls games was pretty pointless in terms of giving extra defense. Bring back proper poise too. Make it all balanced of course. Would be bad if people could tank their way through the game with too much ease. Looking at that trailer again though it doesn't look likely: jump rolling 6 feet around the floor with ease whilst wearing full metal armour... Hmm. Guess I'll find out soon enough, but it only reduces the available gameplay styles when everything is too fast paced and doesn't abide by logical weight restrictions. Fine for BB; swinging around a fuck-off great concrete slab with fast paced impunity somehow worked, but not so much in a Souls game I reckon. I don't want another Demons Souls: I want my attacks, rolls, parries and general skill to mean something in a context that actually makes logical sense.

A couple of months ago I tried (very hard) to get into Blade of Darkness as many people seem to regard it as a Souls-like precursor and highly regard the melee combat system. Personally I thought it was terrible. Looked great for its time and had a lot of potential but the melee and evasion system was extremely unwieldy. One thing I did really like about it though which I think Souls games could learn from is that enemies could suffer from friendly fire, and even start attacking each other as a result. Would be great to see that level of awareness in a Souls game. I also quite liked the idea of extremely destructible shields too. I think Souls games would also benefit from something similar to that.
----
Dima

05.08.2015 at 16:29
Written by Maco on 05.08.2015 at 07:30

Written by Dima on 31.07.2015 at 12:48

Dead Space done!

I swear I tried really hard to like that game, but it didn't work out for me. The atmosphere didn't grab me, the monsters were kinda meh, the story was kinda lame, it wasn't even scary...

I guess I will add it to my list of overrated games that dissappointed me.

What kept me going was the satisfying weapons. I love weapons with chunky impact to them. Atmosphere is nowhere what people made it out to be. Like I said it gets extremely predictable the 5th time you see a necromorph lying on the ground that you didn't kill...or the 5th time you see some loot next to a vent. Dead Space 2 improves on the movement and combat. As simply a video game Dead Space 2 is pretty damn good if you ask me..but as a scare simulator it is trash and some. There is one bit at the beginning that's good which lasts for about 1 minute and a chapter late in the game that build some tension. The weapons are more fun to use, curbstomping shit is pleasing, everything feels much more polished and is just a pleasure to play.

Though going from Thief 3's Shalebridge Castleto Dead Space wasn't ideal. It's like transitioning from SoulsBorne's combat to Witcher's. Hard to appreciate the latter ya know?
Maco

05.08.2015 at 17:55
Written by Dima on 05.08.2015 at 16:29

Though going from Thief 3's Shalebridge Castleto Dead Space wasn't ideal. It's like transitioning from SoulsBorne's combat to Witcher's. Hard to appreciate the latter ya know?

Normally I take my time between games. If I ended one, I just stick to Dota 2 until another game gets my interest.

The last time I have so much fun in a videogame was South Park, and that says a lot. Maybe my love for games is disappearing :'(
----
I'm derp.
Dima

05.08.2015 at 17:57
Written by Maco on 05.08.2015 at 17:55

Written by Dima on 05.08.2015 at 16:29

Normally I take my time between games. If I ended one, I just stick to Dota 2 until another game gets my interest.

The last time I have so much fun in a videogame was South Park, and that says a lot. Maybe my love for games is disappearing :'(

I think that's just Dota consuming you. It's science, really.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

05.08.2015 at 20:49
Footage of a boss battle. As I suspected the rolling motion looks completely wrong; lobbing your character 8 feet across the screen in a fast-forward, overly light and nimble fashion. Doesn't look natural at all; looks like it's almost comically bouncing around at one point during the double roll. Boss isn't too inspiring either. Looks pretty enough though, despite the film quality.

More footage here. Yeah, looks more like an action game at this point. Twinkle toes clad in full knight armour dancing along the floor, swinging around an ultra greatsword in one hand like it weighs as much as a stick. I hope this gets some serious tweaking before release but as it stands it looks like all the superior mechanical improvements of DS2 have been thrown out the window whinge moan moan.
----
deadone
loins are moist

06.08.2015 at 01:45
Life Is Strange Ep IV

Love this game. Playing as an irritating teenage girl is so much fun. Especially as I've slowly made everyone hate her! MWHAHAHA!
Dima

06.08.2015 at 17:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 05.08.2015 at 20:49

get jiggy with it

Looks very floaty ye. The most extreme it's been I'd say. The sprint animation looks exactly like the Demon's Souls one. The strafing is weird. It's like he takes imaginary steps between the real steps so he moves further than what he should.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

06.08.2015 at 21:45
Written by Dima on 06.08.2015 at 17:55

Looks very floaty ye. The most extreme it's been I'd say. The sprint animation looks exactly like the Demon's Souls one. The strafing is weird. It's like he takes imaginary steps between the real steps so he moves further than what he should.

Yeah the strafing is really weird and bothers me a lot =P no one moves like that... the way he / she moves as fast left and right, and backwards, as moving forward is a bit uncanny valley for me for some reason. Also wondering if they've done away with tiered rolling (fat/medium/fast etc.) as the roll looks very fast despite being clad in armour and having a shield and zweihander (I think). I'm hoping it's just for the demo.
----
Dima

14.08.2015 at 14:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.08.2015 at 21:45

vroom vroom chicken shroom

Rejoice!

~'The demo characters were indeed sped up. Builds using heavy armor like the ones in the demo will be slower in the final game'
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

14.08.2015 at 16:56
Written by Dima on 14.08.2015 at 14:10

Rejoice!

~'The demo characters were indeed sped up. Builds using heavy armor like the ones in the demo will be slower in the final game'

Thank funk for that.

Still think weapons are too feathery though =p
----
Dima

14.08.2015 at 17:17
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.08.2015 at 16:56

Thank funk for that.

Still think weapons are too feathery though =p

google translation: Question:The general tempo of Dark Souls 3 is higher than in previous titles and is strongly reminiscent of bloodborne. How do you ensure that even hard-bound characters remain sufficiently agile if it is almost regarded as a must due to the much nimbler and more numerous enemies?

Miyazaki: The two characters that were available in the demo at Gamescom, their heavy armor and WEAPONS in defiance are intentionally designed something more agile. We want to demonstrate to the players, in which direction we want to go with Dark Souls 3. In the final game of the hero is, however, be much slower with such equipment. But we make sure that a minimum level of speed is maintained so that even heavy tank builds come without drawbacks through the game.

Me: Maybes weapons were fiddled with too.

Article: http://www.pcgames.de/Dark-Souls-3-Spiel-55615/Specials/Hidetaka-Miyazaki-im-Gamescom-Interview-1167759/
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS

14.08.2015 at 17:21
Just tried playing Touhou 15 which got released yesterday.
Well, I don't know if I'm getting rusty at it, but what the hell was that? Went for normal level and lost all the damn continues without even finishing the game lel
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

14.08.2015 at 17:27
Written by Dima on 14.08.2015 at 17:17

google translation: Question:The general tempo of Dark Souls 3 is higher than in previous titles and is strongly reminiscent of bloodborne. How do you ensure that even hard-bound characters remain sufficiently agile if it is almost regarded as a must due to the much nimbler and more numerous enemies?

Miyazaki: The two characters that were available in the demo at Gamescom, their heavy armor and WEAPONS in defiance are intentionally designed something more agile. We want to demonstrate to the players, in which direction we want to go with Dark Souls 3. In the final game of the hero is, however, be much slower with such equipment. But we make sure that a minimum level of speed is maintained so that even heavy tank builds come without drawbacks through the game.

Me: Maybes weapons were fiddled with too.

Article: http://www.pcgames.de/Dark-Souls-3-Spiel-55615/Specials/Hidetaka-Miyazaki-im-Gamescom-Interview-1167759/

Well that sounds positive. Not sure why they'd demo something which isn't going to be representative of the final game though. Perhaps they only decided after the demo to dial it back a bit.

Currently have Twitch plays Dark Souls going on in the background. It's painful to watch. They're never going to get anywhere.
----
Dima

14.08.2015 at 17:44
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.08.2015 at 17:27

Currently have Twitch plays Dark Souls going on in the background. It's painful to watch. They're never going to get anywhere.

Lol ye I had it playing while I was working out. 0 progress made in that hour. They were stuck in the small pool at the bonfire right after the Asylum Demon. I still can't believe they got through that door. This challenge is impossible with this many people. No way they're clearing Sens Fortress or the ledges to the Iron Golem. It's not like democracy mode will work either. In both Sens and on the rooftops you got hazards trying to impede you. It's just not gonna happen lmao.
Zaphod
The Nothingth

14.08.2015 at 20:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.08.2015 at 17:27

I love it, my grandchildren will see them finally triumph over the Asylum Demon.
----
To get to this point
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

15.08.2015 at 12:23
Maybe your grandchildren's grandchildren at this rate: turned it on this morning to see them stuck in the menu with all the key settings completely changed.
----
Zaphod
The Nothingth

15.08.2015 at 13:20
Yep, they even started a new game now. 34 hours of progress lost.
----
To get to this point
Dima

15.08.2015 at 17:51
We are so hardcore. Just killed 2 hollows with one swing. Progress is being made. Somehow in a span of like 30 minutes we got to the hollows before the ashen gate plunge attack twice. Trying to take on these minions is actually incredibly entertaining...it's just.. getting to them usually takes hours..
Dima

23.08.2015 at 15:23
Played through TRI: Of Friendship and Madness until the motion sickness kicked in. It's got some nice options settings to help the weak, like an FPS slider from ~60-110 but no matter what I chose i'd start feeling ill when I had to wall climb. It's a 1st person puzzle game where you make triangles to proceed. Attractive artstyle but I can't continue with it unfortunately.

Finished System Shock 2. Came for THE moment, stayed for the game. A paean to villain design. If I had a choice to take only one on an island I'd take Deus Ex over it. I can see why both are so revered though.

Finished The Void. If you can find a more unique game that functions I'd be happy to hear it. Surreal imagery where colour is the universal resource. Inject it, create it, influence people with it, use it as a weapon et cetera by drawing glyphs with your mouse. It's a resource management game with a time limit. Hard as fuck but magnificent. Certainly not for everyone though.

Now we wait for Mr Kojima and his lil game.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34

Login or register to post here.