‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34
Users visited: 343  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by IronAngel on 27.05.2014 at 16:49
You might want to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and of course the original) for some cyberpunk stealth-action-RPG goodness. The gameplay is a little different to Mass Effect but the idea is close enough to make the comparison and say it's a lot better. Fairly good maps that allow for different approaches. It is not as epic and cinematic storywise, and you have no party, but it's pretty solid.

If you can grab the Dragon Age: Origins unlimited pack off a Steam sale, it's some really good party-based RPG adventure with a lot of alternative beginnings and strong companion characters, and combat in real time or in tactical mode. If you like old isometric RPGs, this is probably the best modern game to bring you back to Baldur's Gate days.

Page 33 of 34

ylside

15.03.2016 at 15:56
For anyone interested, a remake of the first System Shock is being developped !
----
Dark Millennium - Medina's Spell
wrathchild

15.03.2016 at 22:32
Anybody here playing Street Fighter V?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
Maco

16.03.2016 at 00:15
Written by wrathchild on 15.03.2016 at 22:32

Anybody here playing Street Fighter V?

Apparently the game still have some issues. I'm sticking to Ultra Street Fighter IV until everything gets fixed.
----
I'm derp.
IronAngel

16.03.2016 at 16:02
I'm playing a bunch of games on and off, none of them really grabbing me.

Dying Light. Meh, mediocre. I've spent way too many hours grinding, but the game just gets more unsatisfying the more I progress - and yet it's strangely compelling. It could be a great game, but it isn't.

Company of Heroes. Pretty good! Not a fan of RTS in general, but I like the scope, variety and story focus of these missions, and there's not too much micro.

Shadowrun Returns. Straightforward and clearly not as good as Dragonfall, but I'm actually happy to play a quick and simple campaign with decent writing. Scope and complexity is something that has begun to annoy me about many great RPGs: I simply don't have time for 100 hours of Lords of Xulima, the five Geneforge games 30-50 hours each, the Gothic series or whatever else on my to-play list.

Fallout: New Vegas. Struggling to get into it. I can see the appeal and there is some good stuff, but the world is so empty, the combat so lame, the hiking so boring that it struggles to engage me. For some reason it gives me a headache, so I can't play long enough for it to really suck me in, so that's probably part of the reason. One of those frustrating games I know I'd probably really like if I could get past the obstacles.
BitterCOld
paid to ban you.

17.03.2016 at 18:53
Written by IronAngel on 16.03.2016 at 16:02

Shadowrun Returns. Straightforward and clearly not as good as Dragonfall, but I'm actually happy to play a quick and simple campaign with decent writing. Scope and complexity is something that has begun to annoy me about many great RPGs: I simply don't have time for 100 hours of Lords of Xulima, the five Geneforge games 30-50 hours each, the Gothic series or whatever else on my to-play list.

I enjoyed that game, was a backer. Still have my "Doc Wagon" card.

A friend of mine apparently backed them at a higher level than i did... was doing a pc search for a clue in game and saw a list of names, including one i recognized. e'd him and he confirmed it was him.

Low tech game, but a lot of fun. And a lot less complicated than rolling two fistfuls of potentially exploding six sided dice and going through the whole hit process of the P&P game.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Dima

20.03.2016 at 14:18
Batman Arkham Knight (spoilers)

This dumb game finally works. The game needs to make up its mind. One moment it's brilliant, the next it's god awful. I'm sure everything is sick of hearing it by now but the shitmobile/shittank is utter bat. It's so primitive in its mechanics and overall just shoved in your face way too much. All of a sudden 50% of progression requires the batmobile/tank in some fashion. Speaking of tanks, how many fucking tanks does the Arkham Knight have?!? Why am I blowing up hordes of AI tanks in a Batman game? Funny how while you destroying them the Arkham Knight rambles on about how they're AI, how they have no feelings and how they will stop at nothing to end me. Also why is the Catwoman rescue mission basically completed by doing laps around a course? So dumb. Anyway the storytelling is great. The way they used Joker is genius. The Arkham Knight reveal was so and so for me, I've never read the comics and Batman's sidekicks were always boring as fuck to me to begin with. Why did they remove the bat swarm move? Why was the side mission with the bat scientist literally 5 minutes long? Why were the bosses so shit and unimaginative? The only real thing that kept me progressing was the Joker and Scarecrow. By far Rocksteady's weakest Arkham game.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Paw!!

24.03.2016 at 06:15
Dungeon Crawl.

Shit this game will wasting my time.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

24.03.2016 at 10:33
Written by Dima on 20.03.2016 at 14:18

So, not as good as Arkham City, then?
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Now, where was I? Ah yes, mindless destruction!"
Go the Sharks!
Dima

24.03.2016 at 11:07
Written by M C Vice on 24.03.2016 at 10:33

Written by Dima on 20.03.2016 at 14:18

So, not as good as Arkham City, then?

Miles behind Arkham City which was a few less miles behind Arkham Asylum imo. It doesn't get any more 'Be the Batman' than Arkham Asylum. Though at the end of the day Arkham Knight still has the 10000 fists of fury move which should be enough reason for you to play it
----
|A New Power is Rising|
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

24.03.2016 at 12:04
Yeah I loved Arkham Asylum. Like a proper 3D Metroidvania that one. Couldn't get into Arkham City though due to the open worldness of it which I thought lacked much of the atmosphere and cool design of City, although I'm sure it's very good.
----
IronAngel

24.03.2016 at 13:17
Arkham City improved on many aspects, adding cool moves and gadgets and shit, but I agree that Asylum was the better environment. Much of the City was just bland and irrelevant and in opening so many routes and freedom of choice, it did not really offer any meaningful choices and challenges (as far as map design goes). There is a place for free-roaming open areas, but most of the time they detract from the pacing. I find it hilarious that Arkham City was praised specifically for its great open world, as if that was an end in itself.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

25.03.2016 at 01:43
I've only played City, took a fair while to finish the story because I would play it for a few days, then not at all for weeks. Also I'd get stuck trying to figure out which of Batman's dozen or so toys is needed to get past something. Anyone else think it was just Escape From New York with Batman replacing Snake Plissken?
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Now, where was I? Ah yes, mindless destruction!"
Go the Sharks!
The Shape 1973

25.03.2016 at 11:50
Tom Clancy's The Division. One hour in so far. Reminds me of ps2 game Freedom Fighters. Graphics great, controls not bad. Would have preferred first person while aiming though.
----
I inhaled a bean.
Dima

30.03.2016 at 17:45
Halfway through Bayonetta. Top tier stuff and quite difficult. Combat is great. Tons of moves. Haven't tried out accessories but I've read they change up the gameplay quite a bit. Dodging is prioritized. Basically you can get through the game by button mashing but to get good scores you need to dish out some diverse combos. Bayonetta as a character is great. She's absurdly powerful and very sexy. Enemy designs are really creative too. Definitely the best spectacle fighter i've played. Should mention that the framerate is a bit iffy during cutscenes on the Ps3 version. Platinum Games shows us again why they're somewhere in the Top 3 best current game devs.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
3rdWorld
Phantom Anemone

04.04.2016 at 21:50
So I started Samorost after Joe shouted about Samorost 3 sometime back on SB. This game is fucking dreamlike and incredible. I love the detailed tree lichens and the green fungus atmosphere the game is set in.
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS

04.04.2016 at 21:59
Written by 3rdWorld on 04.04.2016 at 21:50

So I started Samorost after Joe shouted about Samorost 3 sometime back on SB. This game is fucking dreamlike and incredible. I love the detailed tree lichens and the green fungus atmosphere the game is set in.

Too bad the game is just 5 minutes long
----
If you're looking for some 2016 bizarre music, I got some
Mad Arab666

05.04.2016 at 20:01
Written by Dima on 30.03.2016 at 17:45

Halfway through Bayonetta. Top tier stuff and quite difficult. Combat is great. Tons of moves. Haven't tried out accessories but I've read they change up the gameplay quite a bit. Dodging is prioritized. Basically you can get through the game by button mashing but to get good scores you need to dish out some diverse combos. Bayonetta as a character is great. She's absurdly powerful and very sexy. Enemy designs are really creative too. Definitely the best spectacle fighter i've played. Should mention that the framerate is a bit iffy during cutscenes on the Ps3 version. Platinum Games shows us again why they're somewhere in the Top 3 best current game devs.

Bayonetta is amazing. The combat system was so fun yet so expansive and deep (I hated the rocket level though). I had the pleasure to play the Xbox 360 version thankfully. It's too bad Bayonetta 2 is on the Wii U; I would really love to play it but 3 or four games isn't enough for to go and buy the Wii U.

currently playing through KoToR at the moment. really enjoying but some reason it just crashes now and then. It's quite frustrating when you forgotten to save. I'm hoping to buy Dark Souls 3 as soon as I get payed but I think should cool it with the games until I have completed college.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
The Shape 1973

05.04.2016 at 22:13
Dirt Rally. Gone back to the old days of Colin McRae and original Dirt. About driving rather than spinning round a dustbin.
----
I inhaled a bean.
Jaeryd
Desert Mouse

18.04.2016 at 00:18
Dark Souls 3 is out and all I have to say is holy fuck.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

Malphas

18.04.2016 at 21:54
Yeah i'm balls deep in dark souls 3 as well, hoping to finish it before the next season on diablo 3 starts
----
exclude the impossible and what's left is the truth.
IronAngel

18.04.2016 at 22:54
Playing Gothic 1 now, it is a slow start and gameplay/control scheme is rather off-putting, but I've heard too many good things to give up (and also since I bought the trilogy and want to try the second one too).

Also, don't laugh, but I just played through Half-Life for the first time. I played it around the early 00s for the first time, but wasn't into it and didn't get very far. I finished it pretty quickly now, but it was a bit of a let-down after all the hype. The best game ever, really? Deux Ex, System Shock 2 and Thief were all better games, IMO, and that's only accounting for first-person games from the same era. Game was linear as fuck, no story reason to push on like you do - you only get where you're going by several convenient, unpredictable accidents (like falling from a pipe into the exact corridor you need to get to, although you had no reason to be in that pipe in the first place), and it wasn't really challenging. But it was a fun, captivating ride nonetheless. Good but not stellar.
Maco

19.04.2016 at 01:59
Lol
----
I'm derp.
M

23.04.2016 at 10:39
Dirt Rally,

Man, Colin McRae soul is back and alive. Awesome locations, awesome cars and awesome feeling. Best racing game on pc for 10 years.
ANGEL REAPER

23.04.2016 at 15:03
Outlaws .Classic Lucas Arts western shooter. It was bitch to make it work on Win7 x64 machine but i made it . It surprisingly complex for something that use basic raycasting engine . And those hand animated cut scenes are gorgeous ,audio is superb and soundtrack is heavily inspired by old spaghetti westerns.Gunplay is good enough and well im sucker for spaghetti westerns so im having a lot of fun.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Dima

24.04.2016 at 15:20
Dope Souls 3.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
The Shape 1973

24.04.2016 at 20:09
Written by M on 23.04.2016 at 10:39

Dirt Rally,

Man, Colin McRae soul is back and alive. Awesome locations, awesome cars and awesome feeling. Best racing game on pc for 10 years.

Great game. Rallycross AI is solid.
----
I inhaled a bean.
ylside

07.05.2016 at 15:27
The Blackwell series, anyone ? Really excellent adventure games.
----
Dark Millennium - Medina's Spell
ANGEL REAPER

08.05.2016 at 11:35
Serious Sam The First Encounter : man i could not beat this as a kid ,but now my reflexes are good enough for this ridiculous arena shooter.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Overrwatcher

10.05.2016 at 13:16
As a formerly huge gamer (started slowing down after I bought 500+ games and realized most games are either uninspired or limited by low budget), Overwatch has been the game I've been playing nonstop like no other. Best shooter to come out in years, by far. It's ridiculously polished, plays incredibly smoothly, and is very balanced compared to its competitors (still has balance issues, McCree literally outclasses every non-Tracer offense and Lucio outclasses all supports). Giving nearly every hero headshots is a great addition to the TF2 formula, and every ultimate feels extremely meaningful to a team situation.

Other than that, it's just League of Legends, Tales of Maj'Eyal, and Diablo III. Same old.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
Candlemass
Defaeco

10.05.2016 at 19:25
Rainbow Six Siege and Dark Souls III. But I barely play them, wish I had more time.

Written by IronAngel on 18.04.2016 at 22:54

Also, don't laugh, but I just played through Half-Life for the first time. I played it around the early 00s for the first time, but wasn't into it and didn't get very far. I finished it pretty quickly now, but it was a bit of a let-down after all the hype. The best game ever, really?

When you play it as a kid and put it in context, yeah, one of the best.
I still remember the excitement of buying it at the store. That and Diablo.
----
Twelve Virtues of Rationality

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34

Login or register to post here.