The original post

Posted by Cynic Metalhead on 01.09.2013 at 17:05
IGI series.

it's a cool game.

Page 33 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

22.01.2015 at 18:18
On a different topic entirely I just saw this. Probably not that much interest to anyone but I love this idea that games that have been around for years and have been played millions of times can be glitched in ways not done before. In this the guy does a very specific set of actions on the first level of Super Mario World which writes code of sorts and sets ups the game's memory to glitch the game to the credits. I've no idea how someone figures out how to do this, but it's fascinating nonetheless.

----
Karlabos
<insert title>

22.01.2015 at 19:03
^ Dzfuq?
Gotta love glitched speedruns. I saw a guy finish wild arms in one hour and a half using game glitches, and damn, that game is buggy.
----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
Mattybu

22.01.2015 at 20:07
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.01.2015 at 18:18

On a different topic entirely I just saw this. Probably not that much interest to anyone but I love this idea that games that have been around for years and have been played millions of times can be glitched in ways not done before. In this the guy does a very specific set of actions on the first level of Super Mario World which writes code of sorts and sets ups the game's memory to glitch the game to the credits. I've no idea how someone figures out how to do this, but it's fascinating nonetheless.

[video]

Man, that was very fascinating to watch. I found it also a little funny how random all the stuff he had to do was. The only thing I could possibly link is the fact there this is 7 shells he has to crush at various positions and usually there's 8 worlds in those games, so maybe counting the first each one of those wrote code to skipping a world somehow. But I'm not even sure if Super Mario World had 8 worlds like most of the other games.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

22.01.2015 at 20:17
8 worlds if you count the special zone I suppose

But yeah, speedruns are fun. I'm amazed how many people complain about them whenever one gets posted.
----
Mattybu

22.01.2015 at 20:45
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.01.2015 at 20:17

But yeah, speedruns are fun. I'm amazed how many people complain about them whenever one gets posted.

"DONT ENJOY DIFFERENT THINGS THAN ME OR HAVE FUN IN DIFFERENT WAYS IF YOU DO YOURE DOING IT WRONG" -gamers
Zaphod
The Nothingth

22.01.2015 at 21:15
I suddenly feel the urge to dig up my Game Boy Advance and play Super Mario...
----
There was no grand design
To get to this point
No absolutes, no given truths
We were not carved in stone
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

22.01.2015 at 21:25
People are doing all sort of weird things with Mario recently. A few weeks ago there was this creepy / weird as fuck existential homemade Mario Kart game with a really depressing story. Recommend watching it for that.

And now they've made a self-aware, learning Mario:

----
Slayer666

22.01.2015 at 22:31
Written by whatsacow on 22.01.2015 at 15:10

Starseed Pilgrim, Antichamber, Shelter, Dungeons of the Endless

Damn, dude, where do you even find all these? O_O
Did some research on them, and yeah, you're right about them being something fresh. But the reason I feel they could more accurately described as "anomalies" rather than "innovations" is that I very much doubt they'll inspire more developers to make something similar or have any influence over either the AAA or indie scene, hence they will not "innovate". Not sure if I'm properly expressing what I want to say.

It doesn't really help that they all look so boring. Antichamber is the only one that looks attractive to me because of how atmospheric and trippy it looks.

As for Papers, Please - kudos to the developers for the idea, all the artsy-fartsy game fans are going nuts over it, but seeing as how that game is something I myself or the vast majority wouldn't touch, I doubt it will have much influence either.

Quote:

4) It's an improvement over modern bioware. Btw, have you played the fan made mod for Dragon Age: Origins which recreates the first area from Baldurs Gate 2? It's pretty darn excellent.

The romances in Bioware games have been the same since 2000, there have been no improvements whatsoever. Other than better rendered boobs. Which, I now realize, is a massive improvement. Forget what I said.

Is the area in question the Irenicus Dungeon? Because if so, I'm not touching that thing. Everyone and their grandma skips that part with mods after the first playthrough.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.01.2015 at 15:08

I'm not seeing what's innovative about Spec Ops: The Line.

"Innovative" is probably a bad word, but it is unique in the way that it's the only game I know of that does the "unreliable narrator" thingy truly well, whereas all other attempts to do it in video-games have been lukewarm at best.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

22.01.2015 at 22:34
Antichamber currently holds the record for the game that made me motion sick to the point of near-vomiting in the smallest amount of time. I really enjoyed what I played, and that says a lot considering I hate puzzle games, but I couldn't finish it. Not without playing it in 10 minute segments with significant recovery time in between. Might try going back to messing the FOV if possible.
----
Slayer666

22.01.2015 at 22:40
Never had any motion sickness problems, the reason I'm not playing it is that I absolutely can't stand puzzle games. Probably the genre I hate most. That said, watching silent playthroughs of it on YouTube is great. The art design is something else.
whatsacow

23.01.2015 at 04:44
Written by Slayer666 on 22.01.2015 at 22:31

posty-est post that was ever a post.

Firstly where I find all of these? My steam account. I write reviews and editorials for a small indie-ish focused website called plus10damage.com.

In think you're right about those games not influencing AAA development, but the copying has already begun in indie spheres. Shelter, for instance, sold enough copies for a sequel to be released this year, and Dungeons of the Endless got a decent amount of hype form pc gamers. Also, with Papers Please, it is still pretty big. Yahtzee covered it and made it his game of the year, so yeah, I'm gonna say some devs are going to take note of it.

How are they boring? Starseed Pilgrim can be interpreted that way, but Dungeons of the Endless is fast paced and hectic, and Shelter is ridiculously stressful.

And yeah it's Irenicus, but it's still awesome to see all of the characters you love in 3D... it's just a cool project. They were going to do the whole game but got shutdown by Bioware if memory serves correct.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
whatsacow

23.01.2015 at 04:46
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.01.2015 at 22:34

Antichamber currently holds the record for the game that made me motion sick to the point of near-vomiting in the smallest amount of time. I really enjoyed what I played, and that says a lot considering I hate puzzle games, but I couldn't finish it. Not without playing it in 10 minute segments with significant recovery time in between. Might try going back to messing the FOV if possible.

Yeah it didn't have an effect on me, but my gf couldn't handle it. I don't think there was an FoV slider, so you might need to mess around with the .ini. She also had issues with watching me play Metro: The Last Light. Does that game make you ill as well?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
ylside

23.01.2015 at 11:32
For those who liked Penumbra and Amnesia, the following game looks just as promising, SOMA.

Or the more history-focused video trailer.. this kind of gentle mind-fuck is so delicious.
Zaphod
The Nothingth

24.01.2015 at 15:19
I'm playing Sid Meier's Civilization V. It sucks that I can't play as Belgium. It would be hilarious to conquer China and Germany and stuff with my tiny country.
----
To get to this point
ANGEL REAPER

26.01.2015 at 02:50
Written by Zaphod on 24.01.2015 at 15:19

I'm playing Sid Meier's Civilization V. It sucks that I can't play as Belgium. It would be hilarious to conquer China and Germany and stuff with my tiny country.

three words man : Hearts of Iron 2
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Zaphod
The Nothingth

26.01.2015 at 11:09
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.01.2015 at 02:50

I'll look into it thanks.
----
To get to this point
ylside

26.01.2015 at 13:24

How does one even play Hearts of Iron I tried it couldn't understand shit ! seriously. Is the learning curve really high with this game or did I just lack patience ?
ANGEL REAPER

26.01.2015 at 15:09
Written by ylside on 26.01.2015 at 13:24

How does one even play Hearts of Iron I tried it couldn't understand shit ! seriously. Is the learning curve really high with this game or did I just lack patience ?

yeah the learning curve seems like mountain path on Himalayas.But after some months you figure out how to play it .At first i was playing with strong nations so its fairly easy but than i needed challenge so i started playing with Cuba,Yugoslavia (playing with it is like hardest difficulty,half of times people randomly starts war with it ),Communist China ,Liberia (i managed to invade Japan with them once ) and so. My brother managed to overtake whole world with Germany and USSR and i manged to drop nuclear weapons on US playing with Cuba Fun stuff!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
IronAngel

26.01.2015 at 15:35
I never got around to Hearts of Iron since Europa Universalis IV and especially Crusader Kings II are so good. Man, CK2 is maybe the best strategy game ever and certainly the best medieval videogame experience.

The learning curve in those games, at least, isn't so bad once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing. I figured them out pretty good, and I'm the kind of person who gave up on the X series after one tutorial (and I know I would love it if I just made the effort to learn it). Unlike most strategy games, they're not so focused on infrastructure and army building. EU seems to be about systematic expansion and diplomacy (played it less) and CK2 all about consolidating rule for the future.
ANGEL REAPER

26.01.2015 at 17:04
Thing is you cant nuclear bomb people in EU and CK series
----
IronAngel

26.01.2015 at 17:51
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.01.2015 at 17:04

True, but you can marry your in-bred leper daughter, 50-year old princess of Sweden, to some 16-year-old faggot who sweeps floors at Constantinople! (And sacrifice the Pope to Odin, but I don't do that pagan shit.)
ANGEL REAPER

26.01.2015 at 18:02
Written by IronAngel on 26.01.2015 at 17:51

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.01.2015 at 17:04

True, but you can marry your in-bred leper daughter, 50-year old princess of Sweden, to some 16-year-old faggot who sweeps floors at Constantinople! (And sacrifice the Pope to Odin, but I don't do that pagan shit.)

still the nukes man,the nukes!
----
Nucky

26.01.2015 at 22:09
Major League Baseball 2012..
Slayer666

27.01.2015 at 04:00
Since playing the newly released Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale was a pleasant experience, I decided to give the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2 a shot. Eh. the tightened UI and bug fixes were nice, but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

Example: You're exploring a long-forgotten tomb when an a giant sword-wielding undead badass cuts off your path and asks "What are you doing here?!" and one of the responses is "I'm having a three catastrophic bad ideas per day phase, and I'm counting the visit to this tomb as two".

I got a chuckle out of it, but it just doesn't fit the mood. But there are numerous quality-of-life improvements that eliminate some really frustrating features of the original, like greatly increasing the size of the arrows/scrolls/potions you're allowed to stack in the same inventory spot, thus decreasing the tedious micro-managing, balancing some spells, giving better ability/spell descriptions etc.
whatsacow

27.01.2015 at 10:19
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2015 at 04:00

Since playing the newly released Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale was a pleasant experience, I decided to give the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2 a shot. Eh. the tightened UI and bug fixes were nice, but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

Example: You're exploring a long-forgotten tomb when an a giant sword-wielding undead badass cuts off your path and asks "What are you doing here?!" and one of the responses is "I'm having a three catastrophic bad ideas per day phase, and I'm counting the visit to this tomb as two".

I got a chuckle out of it, but it just doesn't fit the mood. But there are numerous quality-of-life improvements that eliminate some really frustrating features of the original, like greatly increasing the size of the arrows/scrolls/potions you're allowed to stack in the same inventory spot, thus decreasing the tedious micro-managing, balancing some spells, giving better ability/spell descriptions etc.

I'm interested: Would you recommend this or the original with mods? I get the feeling that this is mainly for people who think modding is too complicated or Ipad users. Is that the case? Although, tbf, I'd totally get this on ipad.
----
ylside

27.01.2015 at 14:28
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2015 at 04:00

but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

I would even say the added companions are complete garbage It is difficult to add more to what is already there.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 20:05
Has anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It seems like the best worst game ever, or worst best game ever, or something like that.

----
IronAngel

27.01.2015 at 20:24
I've often contemplated buying it, but I have such a huge backlog to go through that I've let it be for now. It looks kind of fun.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 20:29
It sounds like something that needs to be patched and if well done so could be something special. I love the idea of a turn-based hacking minigame.
----
Zaphod
The Nothingth

27.01.2015 at 20:46
That game looks like it's made for me.
----
To get to this point

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34