‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34
Users visited: 293  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Slayer666 on 07.12.2012 at 12:02
^
Oh you sweet, naive, Torrent non-using bastards you...

Page 33 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

18.09.2014 at 14:00
And there's also gameplay footage of Torment: Tides of Numenera. Maybe this'll be the first PC top down RPG to actually draw me in.

So glad MGS 5 is PC bound.
----
Dima

18.09.2014 at 14:10
Well the art style has already drawn me in.
Ilham
attention whore*

18.09.2014 at 14:21
MGS5 on pc. I'm going to have to buy that controller after all.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

18.09.2014 at 15:09
Written by Ilham on 18.09.2014 at 14:21

MGS5 on pc. I'm going to have to buy that controller after all.

And for Dark Souls.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

18.09.2014 at 15:36
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.09.2014 at 15:09

And for Dark Souls.

Yeah. And anger management therapy.
ANGEL REAPER

20.09.2014 at 23:01
Hell yeah! i've found my old Doom copy.Just upgraded it to Brutal Doom mod with Metal music pack.Damn this game still kick ass!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Dima

21.09.2014 at 02:13
This might be the coolest thing you'll see all day.

Mad Arab666

21.09.2014 at 22:59
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.09.2014 at 23:01

Hell yeah! i've found my old Doom copy.Just upgraded it to Brutal Doom mod with Metal music pack.Damn this game still kick ass!

I don't feel like that game aged. I was playing it a few weeks ago and it still feels fast and intense especially on the later levels on harder difficulties.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
ANGEL REAPER

21.09.2014 at 23:49
Written by Mad Arab666 on 21.09.2014 at 22:59

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.09.2014 at 23:01

I don't feel like that game aged. I was playing it a few weeks ago and it still feels fast and intense especially on the later levels on harder difficulties.

yeah totally ..i mean if you override the keyboard only controls with more modern one (keyboard + mouse) and add jump/duck into game mechanics and polish rendering a bit (all of that Brutal Doom mod is doing )you end up with still a fresh game.its still fun to play it and to me is still more interesting than most modern shooters.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

29.09.2014 at 01:50
Finally played through Spec Ops: The Line. Am glad I did. It's a pretty generic third person cover shooter (albeit very solid and pretty to look at, and fucking hard later on) but the story and writing make up for any shortcomings. I don't think I've played a game that so effectively plays on psychological breakdown and delusions / hallucinations since Silent Hill 2 (in fact the stories have a lot of similarities). Certainly not what you'd expect from something so generic sounding.
----
Dima

29.09.2014 at 03:26
Ye it really catches everyone by surprise. Could have been the best 3PS if they took advantage of the setting and just made the gameplay all around better.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

29.09.2014 at 14:12
So tomorrow we get the last Dark Souls DLC and that Lord of the Rings RPG. Honestly was even expecting to be vaguely interested in it but going by the reviews it looks like it'll be worth the time.
----
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

29.09.2014 at 14:59
Finally finished Dragon Age 2 yesterday. Is there a way to fight your surviving sibling in the end?
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
Mattybu
#Kony2012

29.09.2014 at 20:18
So I was home on the weekend and played like 15 or 20 minutes of Dark Souls. I don't know if I did something wrong or changed something, but unlike the first couple bummy skeletons in the jail I was hitting like 20's on the next few I was hitting 2's on, and they took like minutes to kill. I actually ran past the first archer one cause I thought he was unkillable. I also thought I had to kill the giant obese demon thing at first cause you have to stand on a certain area of the ground just for the message to pop up that said "Run".
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

29.09.2014 at 20:21
Written by Mattybu on 29.09.2014 at 20:18

So I was home on the weekend and played like 15 or 20 minutes of Dark Souls. I don't know if I did something wrong or changed something, but unlike the first couple bummy skeletons in the jail I was hitting like 20's on the next few I was hitting 2's on, and they took like minutes to kill. I actually ran past the first archer one cause I thought he was unkillable. I also thought I had to kill the giant obese demon thing at first cause you have to stand on a certain area of the ground just for the message to pop up that said "Run".

You should be able to pick up a non-broken sword near the start. Everything there is pretty killable with ease. Not sure why any of the regular enemies in the first area took minutes to kill. They should take no more than 3 or 4 regular hits.

The obese demon thing does have to be killed if you want to get out the first area you get to drop down on him and take nearly half his health off at one point.

If you're playing the PC version you should get the DSFix so you can get 1080p and 60fps (though I can no longer get the 60fps function to work for some reason) as well as a few other nice graphic effects.
----
Mattybu
#Kony2012

29.09.2014 at 23:29
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.09.2014 at 20:21

Written by Mattybu on 29.09.2014 at 20:18

You should be able to pick up a non-broken sword near the start. Everything there is pretty killable with ease. Not sure why any of the regular enemies in the first area took minutes to kill. They should take no more than 3 or 4 regular hits.

The obese demon thing does have to be killed if you want to get out the first area you get to drop down on him and take nearly half his health off at one point.

If you're playing the PC version you should get the DSFix so you can get 1080p and 60fps (though I can no longer get the 60fps function to work for some reason) as well as a few other nice graphic effects.

Well I mean like a minute or two. I was hitting 2's on the skeletons and I think they had like 50-60 hp. I might have accidentally switched my proper sword out for a broken one or something. But the first skeletons that just stand there were going as you described then the other ones weren't. I feel ripped off with my special power too, I think I picked a shit one. From the description I thought it slowly healed you over time but it seems to just "increase HP slightly", which isn't majorly helpful.

I'm playing on PS3, and the next time I'll get back into it is probably about 2 weeks from now when I have a couple days home for thanksgiving. I do think the obese demon is haunting my dreams a little bit though, I had a dream about him last night.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

29.09.2014 at 23:34
Written by Mattybu on 29.09.2014 at 23:29

Well I mean like a minute or two. I was hitting 2's on the skeletons and I think they had like 50-60 hp. I might have accidentally switched my proper sword out for a broken one or something. But the first skeletons that just stand there were going as you described then the other ones weren't. I feel ripped off with my special power too, I think I picked a shit one. From the description I thought it slowly healed you over time but it seems to just "increase HP slightly", which isn't majorly helpful.

I'm playing on PS3, and the next time I'll get back into it is probably about 2 weeks from now when I have a couple days home for thanksgiving. I do think the obese demon is haunting my dreams a little bit though, I had a dream about him last night.

The only gift worth having is the key as it gives you access to areas far earlier than you would otherwise I don't think any of the others are particularly useful.

Maybe you equipped the sword in your shield hand. I think it reduces the power by quite a bit. I dunno though, IT'S A MIST-A-REE.

Don't give up <3
----
Mattybu
#Kony2012

30.09.2014 at 01:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.09.2014 at 23:34

The only gift worth having is the key as it gives you access to areas far earlier than you would otherwise I don't think any of the others are particularly useful.

Maybe you equipped the sword in your shield hand. I think it reduces the power by quite a bit. I dunno though, IT'S A MIST-A-REE.

Don't give up <3

Yeah, since I didn't get very far I might just remake my character. I feel like I would end up getting to something locked then kick myself over not picking the key. Happens in a lot of games, actually.

It really is a mystery, but one I intend to solve (AINT NUTHIN gonna make me give up on this game). To be honest aside from not being able to go macho on the skeletons everything else about the game was cool. I like how the opening cutscene basically sums up the game from the beginning of time. In some other games, notably the Elder Scrolls 4/5, right from the get-go there's like all these different warring factions and kingdoms and shit and I feel like I just don't know anything about them. And also the castle you first get into has an almost Ico-like strange atmosphere and emptiness about it. Interesting game, no doubt.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

30.09.2014 at 02:32
Written by Mattybu on 30.09.2014 at 01:02

Yeah, since I didn't get very far I might just remake my character. I feel like I would end up getting to something locked then kick myself over not picking the key. Happens in a lot of games, actually.

It really is a mystery, but one I intend to solve (AINT NUTHIN gonna make me give up on this game). To be honest aside from not being able to go macho on the skeletons everything else about the game was cool. I like how the opening cutscene basically sums up the game from the beginning of time. In some other games, notably the Elder Scrolls 4/5, right from the get-go there's like all these different warring factions and kingdoms and shit and I feel like I just don't know anything about them. And also the castle you first get into has an almost Ico-like strange atmosphere and emptiness about it. Interesting game, no doubt.

The story is hella obscure. There's a few spartan conversations with the odd person you meet and the descriptions of items gives info on the game lore but largely the story is something you really have to hunt down for yourself through that. And I agree with the Ico comparison. The game is very lonely and minimal in many respects. I love the lack of music outside bosses, having only ambience everywhere else.
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

30.09.2014 at 06:20
Not a happy chappy. Turns out Assassins Creed Rogue is only coming out on PS3/Xbox 360 and I only have a bloody PS4! Seems no port to PS4 is expected

PS4 players only get Assassins Creed Unity which has none of the awesome naval combat featured in AC III and IV!

Total suckage.
Slayer666

30.09.2014 at 12:23
Anyone tried Wasteland 2? Seems boring as fuck from what I've seen on YouTube, but it gets pretty good reviews from almost everywhere. I'm conflicted whether I should bother checking it out or not.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

30.09.2014 at 12:27
Written by Slayer666 on 30.09.2014 at 12:23

Anyone tried Wasteland 2? Seems boring as fuck from what I've seen on YouTube, but it gets pretty good reviews from almost everywhere. I'm conflicted whether I should bother checking it out or not.

I've played about 10 minutes, but it's one of those "what the hell am I supposed to click on and how the smeg should I set up my characters without getting pwned" sort of game so I cheesed it and quit. I suspect once I sit down and learn the ropes I'll enjoy it. I've heard it's got a lot of weak points though.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

30.09.2014 at 14:32
Already enjoying the new Dark Souls DLC more than the others. Maybe because a snow-drenched castle is instantly awesome, but it also seems to be more horizontal than the other two, which felt like vertical labyrinths more than anything else which doesn't do it for me. I prefer to explore a landscape, not a dungeon.

[EDIT]

Killed the first boss. Was far too easy.
----
Dima

30.09.2014 at 16:30
Written by deadone on 30.09.2014 at 06:20

Not a happy chappy. Turns out Assassins Creed Rogue is only coming out on PS3/Xbox 360 and I only have a bloody PS4! Seems no port to PS4 is expected

PS4 players only get Assassins Creed Unity which has none of the awesome naval combat featured in AC III and IV!

Total suckage.

You've played one you've played them all
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

30.09.2014 at 16:35
Written by Dima on 30.09.2014 at 16:30

They should have just stopped at the second one which refined it enough to be enjoyable. Now they're just churning them out like they're on a factory line.
----
Dangerboner
:D

30.09.2014 at 22:46
Hell yeah can't wait to shit my pants next week when I get Alien: Hiding Simulator.

Just beat Tomb Raider on PC, last week. Better than expected
Mattybu
#Kony2012

01.10.2014 at 00:44
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.09.2014 at 16:35

They should have just stopped at the second one which refined it enough to be enjoyable. Now they're just churning them out like they're on a factory line.

But... But... I heard Assassin's Creed 32: Re-Revelations is going to have dinosaurs in it. DINOSAURS!!!!
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

01.10.2014 at 00:47
Written by Mattybu on 01.10.2014 at 00:44

But... But... I heard Assassin's Creed 32: Re-Revelations is going to have dinosaurs in it. DINOSAURS!!!!

Unless it's dinosaurs with lazer eyes and rocket launcher nipples I'm not interested. Actually that'll probably be a DLC.
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

01.10.2014 at 01:50

The naval combat was new (only since ACIII) and I really enjoyed it and the exploration component.
Mattybu
#Kony2012

01.10.2014 at 01:59
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.10.2014 at 00:47

Written by Mattybu on 01.10.2014 at 00:44

Unless it's dinosaurs with lazer eyes and rocket launcher nipples I'm not interested. Actually that'll probably be a DLC.

I have to admit, I was making fun of myself too, cause you could say exactly what I said about the latest Transformers and I consider that either the 3rd or 2nd best movie ever made.

I'd say Call of Duty is the only other series I can think of that cranks out games with little change at such an alarming rate. Battlefield is getting there too actually, although still not as bad as the others.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34

Login or register to post here.