‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34
Users visited: 290  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.09.2012 at 22:15
Black Mesa installed and played through the tutorial. Looks nice but the game still gives me bad motion sickness.

Page 33 of 34

mankvill

07.07.2014 at 23:44
The Wolf Among Us! So stoked for the final episode tomorrow.
Mattybu
crusty juggler

08.07.2014 at 07:52
Just finished MGS4 today, for all the convoluted plot nonsense and overly drawn out cutscenes, it's still a damn fine game. And to be honest, despite not understanding a lot of it plotwise, the ending was epic. In all likelihood I won't revisit MGS4 but I'm glad to have played it.
----
I ain't gon not gona ain't give you dis pie if you ain't not gonna ack rite
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 14:26
MGS is always like that. I remember playing the first one when I was too young to understand it, then I got MGS2 and finished it as well. Then I was old enough to get curious about the plot, so I re-finished both. I think at that time I understood what those two were about, but I'd never be able to tell you now. I just remember something about a huge conspiracy with the 12 patriots, a weird fight with that guy on the roof, while 98% of the game was played on an off-shore base. Would I have to go back to the playing any of those games, I'd have to focus on the plot as if I had never heard the name Snake before.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 14:36
MGS plots can get a bit convoluted. I love them though, but I think MGS1 and 3 were the best because they kept it relatively grounded and easy to grasp. 2 and 4 were fun though from a plot perspective, just a bit wacky.
----
Dima

08.07.2014 at 14:37
3isdabest
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 14:47
Written by Dima on 08.07.2014 at 14:37

3isdabest

I'd take the plot and characters from 1, the gameplay, bosses and setting from 3 and the framerate of 2 =P The End battle is still one of my favourite gaming experiences.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 14:54
As for 4, it was a really good experience, it's just a shame the boss battles were pretty mediocre and that there were very few optional codex conversations with different people. I always loved getting in to random discussions. For example:

----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 15:34
^Hahaha. I have had the codex ringtone as an actual ringtone on my phone for years, and a few times as it rang in public places, random guys would come and talk to me about MGS. Not unlike that codex conversation. It's fun though, made my tramway rides a lot funnier.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 15:51
Haha, yeah, I've had it from time to time. It always makes me jump though. These days I usually have the Sonic ring collecting sound as my text message sound and the Mario coin collecting sound as my email.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 16:08
Well I don't know why but it always came with the "!" sound (that one that plays when you are seen by a guard) before the actual codex ringtone. But I grew accustomed to it.
All this reminds me I still haven't installed a ps2 emulator on this baby. I might go back to MGS after all.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 16:11
Worth finishing as the ending portion is a mind fuck. I really want to do another play through of MGS3 Subsistence (the one with the fully rotatable camera) but it's pretty reliant on the PS2's dual-shock controller with the pressure-oriented buttons which the 360 controller can't do.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 16:27
Yeah I remember delaying the second time I finished it because I knew there were tons of long and difficult to understand cinematics that would then lead to two minutes of gameplay, then cinematics again. I knew it needed to be done during the week-end.
I don't have a controller yet, and as agile I can be with my fingers, there are limits to keyboard and mouse controls when the game is intended to be played with a real dual-shock controller. I'm sure I can manage on MGS2 but not Snake eater. So I'll start with that.

But before I do that, I should try Mass Effect 3. I feel guilty for not testing this machine on a real game yet.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 16:34
You should really start with Mass Effect 1 as it's a heavily story based game and it'll probably ruin a lot of the surprises if you start there (just download the sucker and make a solemn promise to buy it later).

It's definitely worth investing in a 360 controller and the official dongle thing as most PC games these days recognise it from the off. Some games just beg to be played on a controller. Thankfully most PS2 games aren't really incumbent on the dual-shock features so can be played fine with another controller. I did buy a third-party connector for my PS2 controller but I could never get it working right.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 17:00
Oh seriously? I was looking forward playing something beautiful at 100+ fps. 15G download for nothing haha. Alright then Mass Effect the first it is.

Yeah I know. I myself was a console gamer mostly because I always though keyboard/mouse controls were unnatural. But I grew up to be fine with them as the consoles required the equivalent of my mom's salary to be bought. I really don't have the 50 euros for that right now, that's why I'll emulate games I know can be played easily enough without a controller or a legit dual-shock.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 20:10
Suppose it really depends on the games. RTSs and FPSs work much better with a mouse + keyboard, but anything that requires accurate person controls like action games, Dark Souls etc. is never going to compete with a controller when you only have 8 possible directions with the WASD keys. Mass Effect is fine with a keyboard though. In fact it doesn't come with controller support anyway.

Oh well, will save you installing ME 3 later on Mass Effect 1 is the best in the series for me anyway. Gameplay wise it's a bit sucky but it has the best story and also has the planetary exploration bits (which a lot of people hate but I feel it gives the game an open feel).
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 20:27
Of course I wasn't talking about games that require complicated interfaces, menus and sub menus, and manipulation of thousands of units with just a click of the mouse such as RTSs and/or RPGs. Classic FPSs just feel right with a keyboard and mouse, just talking about it makes my fingers go ZQSD (AZERTY keyboard) . But we were talking about MGS that doesnt fit in any of these categories. I was more of a third person action game player more than anything at the time.

Alrighty then, ME1 downloading, "only" 8G. You better be right about it being better.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 20:33
8GB is nothing. The new Wolfenstein is 43gb =P

If you get hooked on the story then you'll like it. Damn, I would give many things to be able to erase my memory of that game and play it again.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 20:40
8G is a lot when I already did 15 this morning and will most likely be fighting over the bandwidth with the people in the house .
Would love to try the WS. The first and second were one of the only games my laptop could run. What do you think about it?
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.07.2014 at 20:43
Written by Ilham on 08.07.2014 at 20:40

8G is a lot when I already did 15 this morning and will most likely be fighting over the bandwidth with the people in the house .
Would love to try the WS. The first and second were one of the only games my laptop could run. What do you think about it?

I'll be the first to admit that the 43gb size pulverized the pirate in me. I barely have that left on my HDD anyway. It does look good though I have to say. Maybe in the near future if I ever have a clean out of old games.
----
Ilham
attention whore*

08.07.2014 at 20:49
Yeah I'm looking at vids and it's beauts. The way they did this one reminds me of that shitty movie, Iron Sky, that could have been the kvltest ever if they didn't fuck it up after the first twenty minutes. I still have a near empty HDD and EHDD, so I'm pirating the shit out of it as soon as I can.
Slayer666

09.07.2014 at 01:01
Play the first Mass Effect and just watch the other two on YouTube. Other than the narrative, they don't really offer much.
IronAngel

09.07.2014 at 01:43
Eh, ME2 is better in its gameplay (though ME1 character building with the cool ME2 class-specific abilities would be a winner) and introduces some good characters with nice subplots. ME1 certainly has the best self-contained story arc. In many ways, it feels like the difference between KoTOR and KoTOR2 (except for the bugs) in that the latter improved on several aspects and introduced really cool thing but failed to deliver as complete a package. But there's really no great gap between the two, both are some of the better RPGs in recent years. It's just the third one that failed to deliver, and even that's well worth playing (nothing like the Dragon Age 2 trainwreck, for example).

The series seemed to suffer from the same problem Battlestar Galactica faced: they started big with the promise of an epic plot to be unraveled, but in truth they just probably just made things up as they went along, ending up with gaping plot holes, unfulfilled promises and plot twists that didn't build on anything previously established. I am being overly critical, though: it's still one of my favorite game series in recent years, and the elegant gameplay, good dialogue and flow of story as well as the cast of memorable characters and awesome locations makes it more than worth playing (just like, despite everything, BSG is the best sci-fi since Babylon 5 and Farscape). Just don't expect the clarity of focus in plot that PS:T or Deus Ex demonstrated.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

09.07.2014 at 02:48
Yeah, the Mass Effect games aren't perfect but there's still nothing really quite like them; the gameplay is fun and the story engaging if you like decently written space opera.
----
Dima

09.07.2014 at 14:31
Written by IronAngel on 09.07.2014 at 01:43

Just don't expect the clarity of focus in plot that PS:T or Deus Ex demonstrated.

mhmm it's pretty damn hard to improve on the original deus ex in any way, really.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

13.07.2014 at 01:08
Divinity Original Sin is pretty fun so far, but my God the looped dialogue every 5 seconds in busy places is doing my head in.

"Halibut, Sheep's Cheese, Tomatoes."

"No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!"

"Not in the mood for cheese? That excuse has more holes that a slice of this fine Gorgonbert!"

Shut uuuuup!
----
Slayer666

16.07.2014 at 12:36
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.07.2014 at 01:08

Divinity Original Sin is pretty fun so far, but my God the looped dialogue every 5 seconds in busy places is doing my head in.

"Halibut, Sheep's Cheese, Tomatoes."

"No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!"

"Not in the mood for cheese? That excuse has more holes that a slice of this fine Gorgonbert!"

Shut uuuuup!

The truth. This man speaks it.

Amongst other flaws I'd list the atrocious inventory system (every character has his own gold, why is that not a party-shared resource, ffs?), music is sometimes inappropriate in a given situation, the journal and the map are somewhat clunky and not very useful and the progression path gets very unclear and confusing once you leave the first map.

Still, the game kicks ass. A bit too light-hearted for my taste, but eh, can't have everything.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

16.07.2014 at 13:57
Written by Slayer666 on 16.07.2014 at 12:36

The truth. This man speaks it.

Amongst other flaws I'd list the atrocious inventory system (every character has his own gold, why is that not a party-shared resource, ffs?), music is sometimes inappropriate in a given situation, the journal and the map are somewhat clunky and not very useful and the progression path gets very unclear and confusing once you leave the first map.

Still, the game kicks ass. A bit too light-hearted for my taste, but eh, can't have everything.

Yep yep yep. Also not being able to activate chests and doors unless you do so with the character holding the key, and the same with identifying items; having to constantly pass the item to the person with the Loremaster skill is probably going to cost me a lot of time over the course of the game. I can definitely see the journal becoming an issue as it already has a little. It's just too vague in some situations and it would be convenient if it ordered the missions points by the order they should be completed in rather than the order they have been done in (in situations where I accidentally complete a section of it before another part).

But yeah, great stuff. Liking the battle system even though it's kicked my ass a few times. Forcing me to be strategic. Kind of sad the the Rogue class seems a little underpowered in battle and was more or less forced to turn him into a Ranger. Maybe the rogue will be more useful later on when I can make better sue of backstab and a decent weapon.
----
Karlabos
Yes, Karlabos.

17.07.2014 at 23:11
So I just started playing this game called Osu! which kinda works like a guitar hero except with better music =P
And.. It's hella hard. I feel like I'm worse than everyone else
----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
Winterheir
Account deleted
  20.07.2014 at 06:30
I am currently playing through Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 and I actually like it quite a bit despite the mostly negative critical response it seems to have received thusfar. The game definitely introduces some unorthodox elements concerning the frequent contemporary locations but the dark, mystical atmosphere the series is known for is fully in-tact and, let's face it, playing as Dracula is simply a blast! I haven't beaten it but so far I'd say I don't like it quite as much as the first Lords Of Shadow but it's pretty darn close ... I am not even going to compare it to Symphony Of The Night because nothing compares to that one, haha.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

20.07.2014 at 13:34
Spent most of the weekend playing Plants vs Zombies. Fun game. Love the disco zombie.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34

Login or register to post here.