‹‹ Back to the Metalstormers Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 21:15
Written by Mr. Doctor on 19.07.2014 at 21:11

Also, I don't know how to take the second comment.

I don't know, sometimes it's easy to guess people's types according to how they are themselves. I'm not just talking about physical appearance. It wasn't just a joke on how short you both are .

Page 31 of 34

Ilham
attention whore*

07.09.2014 at 01:57
Written by Fritillaria on 06.09.2014 at 19:18

Really ?! Then what other comedy you would suggest me ?

Don't listen to that. I learned more from Carlin than I ever learned from any teacher or parent. I was very saddened when he died.
It's never too late to get yourself a spiritual father though. Anything he did after the early eighties is food for the mind. Before that he was just very good at being a class clown and provocative. Very funny but it doesn't have the depth of "Complaints And Grievances" or "You Are All Diseased". If you can get a pdf or a even a hard copy, get "Three Times Carlin: An Orgy Of George". It's a compilation of three of his books. Ask any time, I have read, listened and watched everything I could come by that had his name on it.

If you're looking for something similar, there isn't. The closest I can think of is the very depressed Doug Stanhope. I like the guy, but he doesn't have that... clairvoyance and neutrality that Carlin had. He often has a point, and has a very brutal and cynical way of getting to it, which I like, but it's a style that offends most people . You strike me as an idealist, so I don't know if you'll like it.

The only other guy I love as much as Carlin is Louis CK, he focuses on things that are a lot more trivial and not as philosophical, but he has that simple and intelligent thought process he himself said to have learned from Carlin. Louis CK has his own great show, "Louie". It's a 25 min format series that is often mistaken for a simple comedy. It's a show inspired by his own shows/experiences, and it just depicts his... life, with all the sad, surrealistic, unexpected, funny moments of it in a simple and honest way. It's just the best show in this format that I've ever watched.

Silly me, I forgot about Dylan Moran. Think of him as a much lighter drunk Irish version of Carlin. I am sure my abs are more developed because of him. He's my top 3 after Carlin and Louis.

Oh and there's maybe Lewis Black, more traditional style of comedy, very angry jewish humour. Goes political a lot, but without getting to the levels of Bill Maher. Some people will tell you to check out Bill Hicks as well, but I find him to be quite boring to be honest.

I only mentioned guys that have a minimum of depth in their material. I can tell you about the goofy kind of comedians too. Just ask.
moonflash

07.09.2014 at 03:50
I would have to agree with Mattybu here. Was never a huge fan of George Carlin's delivery style. Conceding that the guy was fairly intelligent. Just not very funny to me. Much rather prefer comedians like Dylan Moran and Bill Hicks who provide non stop laughter along with the heavy dose of cynicism. Also a huge fan of British surreal comedy which encompasses such brilliant comedians as Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard, Rowan Atkinson, the Monty Python crew etc. I haven't come across the kind of effortless quality in American comedians which I find to be somehow inherent to their British counterparts. Nevertheless, I do enjoy me some Dave Chappell. Also have seen and laughed at too many political comedians to ignore them, including Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, John Oliver etc. And definitely the late great Robin Williams should never be forgotten when American comedy is being spoken of.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
Mattybu
#Kony2012

07.09.2014 at 04:32
Written by Fritillaria on 06.09.2014 at 19:18

Written by Mattybu on 06.09.2014 at 19:05

From "comedy" shows like that I've come around to think George Carlin is a pretentious fuck, seeing as the definition of his job is to make you laugh but he decides to turn it into "I'm gonna just share my opinions on a bunch of shit and you guys clap and that's 95% of my material". Apparently back in the day he actually had funny material though

Really ?! Then what other comedy you would suggest me ?

I was just sharing my opinions on the guy, if you like him that's fine. By stating that I think he isn't actually funny I didn't mean to say "he isn't funny to me so shouldn't be to you". Just when I watch/hear stand up comedians I like to, you know... laugh once or twice?
no one

07.09.2014 at 09:02
Written by Mattybu on 07.09.2014 at 04:32

I was just sharing my opinions on the guy, if you like him that's fine. By stating that I think he isn't actually funny I didn't mean to say "he isn't funny to me so shouldn't be to you". Just when I watch/hear stand up comedians I like to, you know... laugh once or twice?

It's not fucking good enough! don't you know we are all suppose to be amused by the same shit
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

07.09.2014 at 10:56
Written by Ilham on 07.09.2014 at 01:57

Don't listen to that. I learned more from Carlin than I ever learned from any teacher or parent. I was very saddened when he died.
It's never too late to get yourself a spiritual father though. Anything he did after the early eighties is food for the mind. Before that he was just very good at being a class clown and provocative. Very funny but it doesn't have the depth of "Complaints And Grievances" or "You Are All Diseased". If you can get a pdf or a even a hard copy, get "Three Times Carlin: An Orgy Of George". It's a compilation of three of his books. Ask any time, I have read, listened and watched everything I could come by that had his name on it.

If you're looking for something similar, there isn't. The closest I can think of is the very depressed Doug Stanhope. I like the guy, but he doesn't have that... clairvoyance and neutrality that Carlin had. He often has a point, and has a very brutal and cynical way of getting to it, which I like, but it's a style that offends most people . You strike me as an idealist, so I don't know if you'll like it.

The only other guy I love as much as Carlin is Louis CK, he focuses on things that are a lot more trivial and not as philosophical, but he has that simple and intelligent thought process he himself said to have learned from Carlin. Louis CK has his own great show, "Louie". It's a 25 min format series that is often mistaken for a simple comedy. It's a show inspired by his own shows/experiences, and it just depicts his... life, with all the sad, surrealistic, unexpected, funny moments of it in a simple and honest way. It's just the best show in this format that I've ever watched.

Yeah I agree with you on what you said about Carlin. Thank you for the suggestions like Dylan Moran and Lewis Black and the others that you mentioned I enjoy Louis CK's humor too, he is funnier but George Calin's humor is so witty. Yup I know Louie too and watched some parts of it.
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

07.09.2014 at 10:58

I think he isn't actually funny I didn't mean to say "he isn't funny to me so shouldn't be to you". Just when I watch/hear stand up comedians I like to, you know... laugh once or twice?

You must know that his humor is witty instead of just making you burst into laughter.
----
Mattybu
#Kony2012

07.09.2014 at 19:28
Written by Fritillaria on 07.09.2014 at 10:58

I think he isn't actually funny I didn't mean to say "he isn't funny to me so shouldn't be to you". Just when I watch/hear stand up comedians I like to, you know... laugh once or twice?

You must know that his humor is witty instead of just making you burst into laughter.

This discussion is getting tiresome
BestMetalstormer

07.09.2014 at 22:51
Written by Mattybu on 07.09.2014 at 19:28

Written by Fritillaria on 07.09.2014 at 10:58

This discussion is getting tiresome

I heard of him somewhere but never really have his stuff to dig,... I will keep an eye on this one, I don't know I just read america even celebrate some day for remember this guy... I dunno inet says so. Anyway, another good thing to get for and by Thanking to Metalstorm
Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:04
I found something funny while cleaning my e-mail account. I found the e-mail the guy I was kinda supposed to be engaged with sent me - it was his Dear John (Jane?) letter to me. I swear I didn't edit the text, I just took out stuff that was too private. It's hysterical. Keep in mind we were both barely 18.

"I hate the fact you "LOVE" Nile et al., I just think part of you is really braindead, same goes for your obsession with depressive music like Code, I hate it all, really, it frustrated me quite a bit yesterday. If I were to live with you, it would be the equivalent of hell, if it existed, you'd be playing this rubbish all the time, I'd be going for walks and it would only create polarity. you said you might change, but i can't see that happening. All that music just sucks. I listened to Ithyphallic and I'm reminded of why I hate Nile even more now, damn they're agonising to listen to.

I put it all in perpsective yesterday and it really wouldn't work out unless you changed. I wish you were still the Ilham I knew. I could see things being much better better between us if that were the case. To me, musically, you're almost completely narrow-minded and this hinders any progress in your tastes. I know you'll bite at me for this statement. I can't put it any other way.

This is going to hurt, but I'd rather us just be friends."

Have you ever been Nile-zoned? Because I can proudly say I have.
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 00:13
Yeah you surely can be proud of yourself for what you makes him felt to write so for you. But well, at 18 his writing skill is sort of good..
Karlabos
<insert title>

08.09.2014 at 00:18
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 00:04

I found something funny while cleaning my e-mail account. I found the e-mail the guy I was kinda supposed to be engaged with sent me - it was his Dear John (Jane?) letter to me. I swear I didn't edit the text, I just took out stuff that was too private. It's hysterical. Keep in mind we were both barely 18.

Have you ever been Nile-zoned? Because I can proudly say I have.

Sheesh. I know that this is about broken relationships, bad memoreis and all but...

LOOOOL I'm bursting out laughing
----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:18
Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:13

Yeah you surely can be proud of yourself for what you makes him felt to write so for you. But well, at 18 his writing skill is sort of good..

Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:21
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2014 at 00:18

Sheesh. I know that this is about broken relationships, bad memoreis and all but...

LOOOOL I'm bursting out laughing

Haha, don't worry, I was kinda over him before he sent me that. I just never thought he'd use this to officially break it off. The problem is that he was really serious. He used to stalk my lastfm to look for proof of my "braindeadness". I had to create a double that I kept just for myself.

Sorry for double-posting, but this is the pub and I had a couple glasses.
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 00:29
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 00:18

Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:13

I mean, you are true metal head that spare no bf by Nile band, literally and funnily I meant lol.. Could be the seriousness of your ex makes me think his writing is good at his 18..
Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:37
Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:29

I mean, you are true metal head that spare no bf by Nile band, literally and funnily I meant lol.. Could be the seriousness of your ex makes me think his writing is good at his 18..

He's Australian. Are you the new K7?
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 00:43
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 00:37

Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:29

He's Australian. Are you the new K7?

Somebody call me that same, I'm open for it...anyway long time letter, so is Nile still your fav band eh ?
Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:47
Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:43

Somebody call me that same, I'm open for it...anyway long time letter, so is Nile still your fav band eh ?

I swear I don't know if the wine is strong or if it's you.

Nile is still one of my favourite bands yes.
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 00:54
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 00:47

Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:43

I swear I don't know if the wine is strong or if it's you.

Nile is still one of my favourite bands yes.

It's just the way it is, the way I am, it's me without (no need) the wine, to be strong as me, I swear..

Anyway, you gone of that ex becuz Nile, so go chase Nile.. Liking long or short hair ?
Ilham
attention whore*

08.09.2014 at 00:56
Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:54

It's just the way it is, the way I am, it's me without (no need) the wine, to be strong as me, I swear..

Anyway, you gone of that ex becuz Nile, so go chase Nile.. Liking long or short hair ?

Short. Why?

This is getting weird. Someone help me? Who's this guy?
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 01:01
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 00:56

Written by BestMetalstormer on 08.09.2014 at 00:54

Short. Why?

This is getting weird. Someone help me? Who's this guy?

Oh, your not funny enough.. This is the pub. Alright.
Karlabos
<insert title>

08.09.2014 at 01:21
Keep discussing guys.
I'm waiting for something big to happen
----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 01:27
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2014 at 01:21

Keep discussing guys.
I'm waiting for something big to happen

I think I scare ilham away why I'm about thinking to ask her of France for something to discuss.
moonflash

08.09.2014 at 01:41
This guy is God.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
BestMetalstormer

08.09.2014 at 01:50
Written by moonflash on 08.09.2014 at 01:41

This guy is God.

Haha lol welcome to Metalstorm, again. See y'all soon. Keep the pub discussed and discussing!
Kennoth

08.09.2014 at 04:27
Lolwat
----
*insert something deep and profound*
deadone
Mainstream Poser

08.09.2014 at 04:35
I would carry BestMetalstormer's baby if I had the right plumbing.
Kennoth

08.09.2014 at 04:43
You can always adopt.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

08.09.2014 at 13:42
GEE !!! I laughed reading more than I should have at both that breakup letter to Ilham and that guy, Bestmetalstomer's quotes to Ilham !
----
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

08.09.2014 at 15:00
There is some news about Jack the Ripper's DNA which helped the researchers to find out that he was Polish. Interesting !
----
Bad English
nobody

08.09.2014 at 19:05
Written by Fritillaria on 08.09.2014 at 15:00

There is some news about Jack the Ripper's DNA which helped the researchers to find out that he was Polish. Interesting !

yes , modern technology we will solve 12 century crimes soon
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Login or register to post here.