Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir

02.10.2006 - 14:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
I can't believe that there is not an official thread about Dimmu Borgir. I just recently started listening to this wonderful band. Their first album "For all tid" is perfect and extremely beautiful.

So post your opinions and stuff that has anything to do with this band!
----
02.10.2006 - 14:26
Damnated
Churchburner
I find Stormblast to be even better then For All Tid, one of the m\best melo black metal albums of all times. Shagrath did a hell of a job on this album, and he sounds better in his mother tongue. I really hated when they brought so many sympho elements on the following albums. I mean the music became faar to melodic.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.10.2006 - 14:39
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i think their music is a bit little booring dont like all that keyboard stuff... but that just me
02.10.2006 - 14:53
DyNo!!
Account deleted
Yes they're very melodic but in what they've done they are the best
02.10.2006 - 16:20
Basso
Account deleted
Stormblast , För All Tid and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is incredible albums. Must say that I actually do enjoy all their material, but im incredibly tired of the new stuff atm.
02.10.2006 - 23:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't really like For All Tid, but I love all their other albums. I prefer the symphonic keyboards and I hope that they will continue using them. Progenies of the Great Apocalypse is one of the most epic songs that I've ever heard. There needs to be more symphonic bands that play with an orchestra or have dynamic keyboards.
03.10.2006 - 01:44
Winter Death
Account deleted
Even in light of all the crap people give these guys, I still enjoy all of their material whether it be new or old. I think Dimmu continues to write good songs and I welcome the usage of keyboards and symphonies.
03.10.2006 - 04:30
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Dimmu is pretty great, I know that for some reason they're some what discredited for the music they make.. perhaps their success puts distaste into others mouths? As in, they're percieved as being "mainstream" which isn't cool.

I saw them live a couple years ago, and although it wasn't a very elaborate show I've got to say it is one of the best acts I've ever seen. I really enjoy the way they have progressed the sound of black metal, to me they modernized the music which can be seen the best in "Death Cult Armageddon" because it still holds true to be very dark and heavy. I am inclined to say that my favourite album by them lately is "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" but I also really enjoy "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" because of Spellbound and Mourning Palace. Spiritual Black Dimensions as also pretty good, specifically the song Reptile.
Ha, a little tricky for me to narrow it down I guess, each album is a little differant from the other thus giving them a collective "greatness."
03.10.2006 - 06:27
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 02.10.2006 at 14:26

I find Stormblast to be even better then For All Tid, one of the m\best melo black metal albums of all times. Shagrath did a hell of a job on this album, and he sounds better in his mother tongue. I really hated when they brought so many sympho elements on the following albums. I mean the music became faar to melodic.

That is also my favourite Dimmu album (along with Puritanical)... I love the keyboard work, very simple but sorrowful and atmospheric and yes, Shagrath makes there his best vocal work... the title track is amazing.
03.10.2006 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.10.2006 at 06:27

Written by Damnated on 02.10.2006 at 14:26

That is also my favourite Dimmu album (along with Puritanical)... I love the keyboard work, very simple but sorrowful and atmospheric and yes, Shagrath makes there his best vocal work... the title track is amazing.

I agree whit you bouth its bets album, i realy enjoy firts 3 albums but bets album cover are ''For Alle Tid'' and but still bets album are EP ''Inn I Evighetens Mørke'' its best and amzing, but im prity bored of ''Tid'' album, but i tlking about original ''Stormblast'' not realised, it was when thays till locks like BM musicins not goths
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2006 - 19:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Inn i evighetens mørke" is indeed a wondeful EP (or is it a single, I am not sure).
----
04.10.2006 - 23:01
Stigmatized
Hmmmm, I've always prefered For All Tid to Stormblast. That album just sounds so "cold" to me. Maybe it's because I don't listen to a lot of Black Metal, but either way.
04.10.2006 - 23:56
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Stigmatized on 04.10.2006 at 23:01

Hmmmm, I've always prefered For All Tid to Stormblast. That album just sounds so "cold" to me. Maybe it's because I don't listen to a lot of Black Metal, but either way.

If i have to choose between these 2 albums then i definetely will vote for For All Tid.
05.10.2006 - 01:04
Dam3k
I don't like extreme metal so I like the new albums which I think are quite more melodic, I think that symphonic touches are awesome and make a dark-epic atmosphere very interesting
----

05.10.2006 - 12:45
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Dam3k on 05.10.2006 at 01:04

I don't like extreme metal so I like the new albums which I think are quite more melodic, I think that symphonic touches are awesome and make a dark-epic atmosphere very interesting

THen you should like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant because that was a masterpiece.
05.10.2006 - 14:55
Damnated
Churchburner
dimmu borgir was never an extreme metal band.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.10.2006 - 16:19
Dam3k
Written by W-Lash on 05.10.2006 at 12:45

THen you should like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant because that was a masterpiece.

I suposse that I have several songs, I'm not deeply into the band but as I know the stuff I own is from their last realeases... and the one I've listened from the first ones didn't caught me at all... not even Stormblast =) But I think I know what album are u talking about
----

05.10.2006 - 16:20
Dam3k
Written by Damnated on 05.10.2006 at 14:55

dimmu borgir was never an extreme metal band.

Isn't it?So what is it?? XD metal sure not... It's melodic extreme metal or whatever u want to call it
----

05.10.2006 - 16:30
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Dam3k on 05.10.2006 at 16:19

Written by W-Lash on 05.10.2006 at 12:45

I suposse that I have several songs, I'm not deeply into the band but as I know the stuff I own is from their last realeases... and the one I've listened from the first ones didn't caught me at all... not even Stormblast =) But I think I know what album are u talking about

Btw Spiritual Black Dimensions is another album you would like.
05.10.2006 - 16:58
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Dam3k on 05.10.2006 at 16:20

Isn't it?So what is it?? XD metal sure not

what do you mean?
----

05.10.2006 - 17:20
Dam3k
Written by Damnated on 05.10.2006 at 16:58

Written by Dam3k on 05.10.2006 at 16:20

Isn't it?So what is it?? XD metal sure not

what do you mean?

That is not metal, it's extreme metal with melodic touches or whatever, but extreme metal, call it whatever u want but i think it's into the extreme genre
----

05.10.2006 - 17:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah, Dimmu Borgir is without doubt some kind of extreme metal IMO.
----
05.10.2006 - 18:30
Damnated
Churchburner
what do you mean by 'that's not metal' anyways, what difference does the style of dimmu's music make?
----

06.10.2006 - 08:47
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ I suppose labels matter to some people. It really is a shame that people try to limit themselves based on arbitrary words that supposedly define what sound is. I try to base my opinions of music based on the vibrations in the air, not on close minded genre definitions.
26.01.2007 - 12:56
Larsson!
Account deleted
Borgir is probably the only black metal band that has songs which I stand to listen to. The song Puritania were actually one of my favorite songs for a year or two ago^^
27.01.2007 - 06:09
bucky01403
Account deleted
Theyve grown past their black metal roots and their sound has progressed. For those reasons they get more slack than any metal band and for that they get my utmost respect. Fantasic fucking band.

Up the Dimmus
27.01.2007 - 13:37
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Good band. For All Tid and Stormblast \m/ . I still remember i made a thread in old metalstorm when i was noob .. title was "favorite dimmu borgir song" , and there was not a single song from the above two album !!

Period.
27.01.2007 - 14:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.01.2007 at 06:09

Theyve grown past their black metal roots and their sound has progressed. For those reasons they get more slack than any metal band and for that they get my utmost respect. Fantasic fucking band.

Up the Dimmus

I wanna say thay not progesed but regresed in musica nd erything, thay are more evil and boring nowdays how in first 3 albums time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.01.2007 - 14:59
FOOCK Nam
I love this band even I just listen to them quickly, not for long times, but I find their music so beautiful, I was into at most for Stormblast, old version, then other stuff of them, though the lately Stormblast, is not in my favorites. I love this band also because it is good of media, wallpaper, photo, websites, woohoo!! lol, I guess those are reasons which some extreme black metal metalheads dont accept them. I like both their music and Cradle Of Filth stuff, and raw which is considered " real" black metal
27.01.2007 - 15:59
borninblood
Account deleted
Not the best Black Metal band out there by a long shot, but they are good at what they do - and their live DVD is funny as hell watching all the backstage stuff.