Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.10.2006 - 14:19
I can't believe that there is not an official thread about Dimmu Borgir. I just recently started listening to this wonderful band. Their first album "For all tid" is perfect and extremely beautiful.

So post your opinions and stuff that has anything to do with this band!
27.01.2007 - 17:45
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Hembrom on 27.01.2007 at 13:37

Good band. For All Tid and Stormblast \m/ . I still remember i made a thread in old metalstorm when i was noob .. title was "favorite dimmu borgir song" , and there was not a single song from the above two album !!

Period.

so that makes you a noob nowadays, huh?

Anyway.. Dimmu Borgir was one of my first black metal bands, so I am kinda grateful to them for that. However, they kinda lost it lately. PEM was my introduction to them, and I simply love it, but I really start to appreciate this band after hearing For all Tid and Spiritual Black Dimensions. Actually, I kinda start to dislike PEM after that. Catchy songs like the Burn in Hell cover, or Puritania, just wasn't my thing. They had a too easy approach. The new album, and the Stormblast remake, are utterly dissapointing though. Bands like Anorexia Nervosa, Bishop of Hexen, and even slightly Nokturnal Mortum, Luna ad Noctum etc. are progressing into the right direction. When Dimmu Borgir should just quit and be happy with the albums they have released so far, since they are going downwards, rapidly.
27.01.2007 - 20:17
GoldenerSchnitt
Their one of my favorite bands well most of the older stuff that is
I love Stormblast the old one not the new one anyway I love the atmosphere on it
its so dark and melancholy and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant was also very good
they changed a bit but the atmosphere was still the same and I thought it was great
I haven't listenedto For all Tid though I cant find a copy of it that I can afford right now
I dont really like any think else they've made recently they lack the
atmosphere they used to have and they music just isnt the same
28.01.2007 - 06:48
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by AntaeusM on 27.01.2007 at 17:45

Written by Hembrom on 27.01.2007 at 13:37

Good band. For All Tid and Stormblast \m/ . I still remember i made a thread in old metalstorm when i was noob .. title was "favorite dimmu borgir song" , and there was not a single song from the above two album !!

Period.

so that makes you a noob nowadays, huh?

No , i WAS noob that time.

They play good symphonic stuff , but i prefer old stuff any given day .... just my opinion
28.01.2007 - 08:36
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Hembrom on 28.01.2007 at 06:48

that's not what I meant.

I meant, prefering their new stuff makes you a noob, according to your opinion. Which is just nonsense, unless you believe there are some "rules" you have to follow as a metalhead..or something.
28.01.2007 - 09:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by AntaeusM on 28.01.2007 at 08:36

Written by Hembrom on 28.01.2007 at 06:48

that's not what I meant.

I meant, prefering their new stuff makes you a noob, according to your opinion. Which is just nonsense, unless you believe there are some "rules" you have to follow as a metalhead..or something.

ehhhhh , nothing like that. I made a thread without listening all Dimmu Album, and thats what nOOb do . Nothing else , and as i said ... they have good stuff , but i prefer old stuff.

For All Tid and Stormblast are awesome , i mean , i cant compare them with later stuff. Its shameful that they switched themself to meloBM , just like thousands of wanna be black metal bands.
31.01.2007 - 13:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
Dimmu, go to hell!!!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.01.2007 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 13:59

Dimmu, go to hell!!!

Is this you or again your sister or brother use your profile?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.01.2007 - 14:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
No, this is me, Dimmu Borgir should have played on festival in novi sad and the canceled, that is why I wrote this
----
31.01.2007 - 14:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 14:24

No, this is me, Dimmu Borgir should have played on festival in novi sad and the canceled, that is why I wrote this

Hahha well probobly thayw as afraid of Serbia sun

But same I can tell about Dark Funar thay shood play jere but its caneled ehhh seems out countries wont see good bands,
----

apos;'
[image]
31.01.2007 - 14:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well there are many good concerts in February here: HammerFall, Sabaton, Grave Digger, Therion... There are Iron Maiden, Kreator and Cannibal Corpse in March, then Kamelot and Saxon in April... Beside them there are also Angra, 1349, Ancient Ritual...
So I can't complain, haha, but I wanted to see Dimmu Borgir altough I don't like their new albums...
I was on Impaled Nazarene this mounth and on Blind Guardian last mounth so I don't have enough money to go on all of this concerts, fuck it!
----
31.01.2007 - 16:08
Larsson!
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 14:40

Well there are many good concerts in February here: HammerFall, Sabaton, Grave Digger, Therion... There are Iron Maiden, Kreator and Cannibal Corpse in March, then Kamelot and Saxon in April... Beside them there are also Angra, 1349, Ancient Ritual...
So I can't complain, haha, but I wanted to see Dimmu Borgir altough I don't like their new albums...
I was on Impaled Nazarene this mounth and on Blind Guardian last mounth so I don't have enough money to go on all of this concerts, fuck it!

haha you should have saved some money for the best bands
31.01.2007 - 16:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 31.01.2007 at 16:08

I will robe some old lady, but I will apologies to her immidiately, I have manners
----
31.01.2007 - 16:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Back on-topic please.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.01.2007 - 17:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Sorry, Sorry, I like Dimmu Borgir, especially For All Tid and Stormblast but Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is good album to, everything after that is nothing special, this is of cause my opinion, the last album was big dissapointment for me and I don't like them like five years ago, I would like to see Dimmu Borgir live cause some of my friends told me they kick ass, I also like some of their covers, like Accept or Celtic Fros...
...And I know it is not important much but they album covers are very good, some of them...
----
31.01.2007 - 17:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 17:47

...And I know it is not important much but they album covers are very good, some of them...

If you talk about album covers only first 3 record album covers are good other new age of XXXX style covers, i like old school specely man in hours elike in early ''Stormblast''
----

apos;'
[image]
31.01.2007 - 22:22
Larsson!
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 16:13

Written by Guest on 31.01.2007 at 16:08

I will robe some old lady, but I will apologies to her immidiately, I have manners

haha yeah you do so

and sry for the off topic:)
23.02.2007 - 01:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Just found out that Dimmu is coming to my town! wooo! and bringing devildriver with them...pretty lame studio stuff but they put on a kickass live show.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.02.2007 - 10:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2007 at 01:33

Just found out that Dimmu is coming to my town! wooo! and bringing devildriver with them...pretty lame studio stuff but they put on a kickass live show.

Nop DB ist band what better are in studio, etleist you understand what thay sings, but live seems ewery boddy who feels ritme can sing there
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2007 - 00:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 23.02.2007 at 10:29

Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2007 at 01:33

Nop DB ist band what better are in studio, etleist you understand what thay sings, but live seems ewery boddy who feels ritme can sing there

I was talking about DevilDriver when I said there live stuff is better.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.02.2007 - 20:09
Black Serpent
Account deleted
Dimmu Borgir is a really good band^^
Their older stuff like For All Tid and the majestetic Stormblåst is almost the best Metal ever made (My opinion).

They've evolved dramaticly since back then, but Dimmu Borgir is still one of my favorite bands^^

Hail Dimmu Borgir!
25.02.2007 - 16:32
Sunioj
I heard a live album from San Antonio and they sound really good live, or at least on that live recording.
27.02.2007 - 16:12
FOOCK Nam
I really like the Accept cover of them, though the one of Twisted Sister, its intense but my ears feel like receving weird sound.
27.02.2007 - 16:37
Sunioj
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.02.2007 at 16:12

I really like the Accept cover of them, though the one of Twisted Sister, its intense but my ears feel like receving weird sound.

You mean metal heart? That is a great song, its one of my favorite covers.
27.02.2007 - 17:02
FOOCK Nam
Yeah it is I meant. It has very cool riff. I feel like that riff solo having similar notes or melodious with the song Fur Elise of Beethoven, though it is performed in guitar that really captivating
27.02.2007 - 20:35
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I recently got into Black Metal, its been... like... one month now XD...I guess i wasnt ready for it before. And of course, i started being interesed in liking Dimmu Borgir.

Hmmm, im going to sound stupid/noobish/whatever, but i prefer their new albums. I think its because i always have an ..affective relation to the bands i like. I always prefer what i heard first, even if what i first listened to is total crap XD. Its the same with Rammstein, i know their first albums were the best, but i prefer Reise Reise, because it was the first one i got.
I first heard of Dimmu Borgir like ... 2 years ago, and the first song i heard from them was Mourning Palace and some songs from Death Cult Armageddon. But i didnt listen to them until one month ago, when i accidently played "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse".
Thus my favourite albums by them are Death Cult Armageddon, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

Now, im a total fan .
28.02.2007 - 07:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 27.02.2007 at 20:35

Hmmm, im going to sound stupid/noobish/whatever, but i prefer their new albums.

Same here. I think For All Tid has vocals that are more annoying than Matt Queefy and I haven't heard enough of the original Stormblast to form an opinion about it.
28.02.2007 - 08:32
FOOCK Nam
I luckily have a chance of listening to Stormblast (original), in my opinion its best album of Dimmu Borgir and Stormblast is a best song. The Stormblas album re-release also cool but its good in different way and I prefer the original
28.02.2007 - 09:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 17:47

Sorry, Sorry, I like Dimmu Borgir, especially For All Tid and Stormblast but Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is good album to, everything after that is nothing special, this is of cause my opinion, the last album was big dissapointment for me and I don't like them like five years ago, I would like to see Dimmu Borgir live cause some of my friends told me they kick ass, I also like some of their covers, like Accept or Celtic Fros...

Yeh....I do think that as well....it's always interesting to see that everyone thinks tha EDT is an excellent album and the later released albums are...well....more plain.....Perhaps that's right.....As much I have heard their later stuff, it has become less atmospheric and less emotional indeed.....
28.02.2007 - 14:02
FOOCK Nam
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is good one. Its more complex than Stormblast IMO. And its need to deeply listen to get into so that for me it didnt really embed in my mind. And well because I listened to that album in the first time so didnt concentrate noticing much.
28.02.2007 - 18:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
But Stormblast is stil my Dimmu Borgir number one, when I was in high-school I use to walk the same path aat school everyday, and I always whistled Antikrist melody, once I met professor on my way to school and he asked me what melody is that, cause he like it a much, he was shocked when I said that it is Antikrist by Dimmu Borgir
----