Metal Storm logo
Belphegor

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 18.05.2006 - 07:19
Belphegor is my favorite band that could fit under 'extreme' I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts about this band
05.03.2008 - 22:09
NOИ
I recently heard again some tracks from their album Goatreich-Fleshcult, actually the Fornicationium et Immundus Diabolus track is very good. but in general, this band has very generic death/black metal stuff, I hope for their new work to have something new to the sound because I really like the cover!
06.03.2008 - 00:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Rituale_Satanum on 05.03.2008 at 21:44

i was looking on the net the other day to see some samples of theyr new album and i found a site on which you can listen to the single bodage goat zombie

here is the link

http://boomp3.com/m/c1eb10cd54cb

the music is sick as hell

Wow, thats actually pretty good. Has a cool groove to it. Its not too much different from any other Belphegor material, but theres something different sounding about the production I can't put my finger on, it sound different from the other albums somehow...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.03.2008 - 08:53
Written by Doc G. on 06.03.2008 at 00:36

i was looking on the net the other day to see some samples of theyr new album and i found a site on which you can listen to the single bodage goat zombie

here is the link

Wow, thats actually pretty good. Has a cool groove to it. Its not too much different from any other Belphegor material, but theres something different sounding about the production I can't put my finger on, it sound different from the other albums somehow...

I know it sounds great and I cant wait for the new album now.If the new album is going to be like this then its gonna be theyr best album for me
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
06.03.2008 - 21:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Rituale_Satanum on 06.03.2008 at 08:53

Written by Doc G. on 06.03.2008 at 00:36

here is the link

I know it sounds great and I cant wait for the new album now.If the new album is going to be like this then its gonna be theyr best album for me

I could see it being the same for me. To me this sounds closest to Goatreich, Lucifer Incestus was more atmospheric and less harsh in the production, Pestapokalypse was more sparse and stripped down, I thought Goatreich was the perfect balance between the 2. This album sounds like its going to be a louder, more in-your-face Goatreich, which is a very good sign, even if they aren't doing anything incredibly new or groundbreaking.
----
- George Carlin
09.03.2008 - 00:22
kackbratze
Written by Rituale_Satanum on 06.03.2008 at 08:53

Holy shit! If the other songs of that album will be as good as "Bondage Goat Zombie", I'm totally pleased! That fucking riff that starts at 3:03 is so insane, I ALWAYS get a chicken skin when I listen to it. I love it.
10.03.2008 - 23:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Every time Belphegor come out with a new album they say "this is going to be our most brutal/extreme/intense album to date, this time it looks like its going to 100% true. By the sounds of it, it sounds a lot more ambitious and (as previously stated) more in-your-face then anything they've put out so far. Its at least going to be a step up from there previous album, which I thought was there weakest one since Necrodaemon Terrorsathan (even though it was still very good).
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 22:14
kackbratze
I have to say I heard the whole album. And haha, Belphegor are evolving!

It's not another blast fest, there are only like 3 typical Belphegor songs on it, the rest is more in the vein of "Bluhtsturm Erotika" or "Sepulture of Hypocrisy". I was really surprised to say the least.

It's interesting and fresh (for Belphegor). There are more different influences on it, for example thrash metal riffs or even clean vocals (on the Sukkubus Lustrate) that remind me of Attila Cshihar.

They still sound pretty diabolical in some parts and I feel that the riffing is more oriented towards black metal again.
19.03.2008 - 23:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by kackbratze on 19.03.2008 at 22:14

I have to say I heard the whole album. And haha, Belphegor are evolving!

It's not another blast fest, there are only like 3 typical Belphegor songs on it, the rest is more in the vein of "Bluhtsturm Erotika" or "Sepulture of Hypocrisy". I was really surprised to say the least.

It's interesting and fresh (for Belphegor). There are more different influences on it, for example thrash metal riffs or even clean vocals (on the Sukkubus Lustrate) that remind me of Attila Cshihar.

They still sound pretty diabolical in some parts and I feel that the riffing is more oriented towards black metal again.

Wow, clean vocals? In my Belphegor? Now Im really excited. Although I'm not too excited about the slow paced factor, not really a fan of Belphegors so called "doomy" songs.
----
- George Carlin
20.03.2008 - 09:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Wait a tick, did Sigurd quit? because in the new promo pics and stuff theres only Helmuth and Serpenth...no sign of Sigurd anywhere, which is worrying considering hes 1/2 of the only constants in the line-up.
----
- George Carlin
20.03.2008 - 14:03
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I pretty like the new stuff , not like earlier stuff but still impressive.
23.03.2008 - 18:41
MetalSpider
The new album is awesome. Like kackbratze said, they are evolving.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
23.03.2008 - 20:42
ß
Problem?
I thought the album was alright after a first listen. But im sure it will grow on me after a few more listens
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
26.03.2008 - 23:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The new video is up, its pretty cheesy, but all together not much different from any other Belphegor videos.Its up on there myspace.
----
- George Carlin
27.03.2008 - 14:46
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
"Bondage Goat Zombie", the new video from Belphegor, can be viewed at this location. The clip was shot with acclaimed Austrian director Florian Werner.
27.03.2008 - 21:06
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Argh! I just don't know about this band anymore. They had some pretty good, Christ-raping Black Metal, but they've now been putting out the same "good" album for five years. Where's my innovation?
----
The force will be with you, always.
27.03.2008 - 21:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by White Winter Sun on 27.03.2008 at 14:46

"Bondage Goat Zombie", the new video from Belphegor, can be viewed at this location. The clip was shot with acclaimed Austrian director Florian Werner.

Written by Doc G. on 26.03.2008 at 23:20

The new video is up, its pretty cheesy, but all together not much different from any other Belphegor videos.Its up on there myspace.

Already beat ya to it newsboy.

Written by Clintagräm on 27.03.2008 at 21:06

Argh! I just don't know about this band anymore. They had some pretty good, Christ-raping Black Metal, but they've now been putting out the same "good" album for five years. Where's my innovation?

Wow, thats the first time Ive heard that, and I definitely disagree, Necrodaemon was pretty bad, then they made vast improvements with Lucifer Incestus, Goatreich I found to be on the same quality level as LI. I think they only stepped down a little bit with Pestapokalypse.
----
- George Carlin
27.03.2008 - 22:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2008 at 21:55

Do you talk about your pending news?
If it's the case, you mentionned a trailer on it, not a full length video.
A trailer is not a complete video from what I know. I cannot guess that you talk about the full length video on your news.
Anyway, next time you could insert a link in your post when you mentioned that a new video is up. It will be more easy for other members to watch the video and of course to avoid misunderstanding.
27.03.2008 - 22:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by White Winter Sun on 27.03.2008 at 22:37

Do you talk about your pending news?
If it's the case, you mentionned a trailer on it, not a full length video.
A trailer is not a complete video from what I know. I cannot guess that you talk about the full length video on your news.
Anyway, next time you could insert a link in your post when you mentioned that a new video is up. It will be more easy for other members to watch the video and of course to avoid misunderstanding.

I did include a link, exactly as the news on the site had it, and even though it says trailer on the site it is the full vid, it has the clips from the still-frames they posted a while ago (which they said was from the upcoming vid), and its the same video they posted as "Premieres Today".
----
- George Carlin
27.03.2008 - 23:12
ß
Problem?
I finally saw the video pretty typical Belphegor video and quite cheesy.
----
27.03.2008 - 23:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by ß on 27.03.2008 at 23:12

I finally saw the video pretty typical Belphegor video and quite cheesy.

Especially the part where Helmuth is wearing a bondage mask and whipping the rope thinger, that gave me a pretty good laugh.
----
- George Carlin
27.03.2008 - 23:51
ß
Problem?
Lol ye that was pretty good. Metal videos seem to be the cheesiest and most are pretty bad.
----
27.03.2008 - 23:52
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder

Wow, thats the first time Ive heard that, and I definitely disagree, Necrodaemon was pretty bad, then they made vast improvements with Lucifer Incestus, Goatreich I found to be on the same quality level as LI. I think they only stepped down a little bit with Pestapokalypse.

I was thinking more their first two releases as being the better of the Black Metal releases. And I still stand by what I said that everything from 'Lucifer Incestus' up isn't innovative at all. I'm not asking that they completely dump their sound, but a little variation would be nice. And don't get me wrong, it's fun music from time to time, and would be great live, I'm sure. But for me, they've become the "Dark Funeral" of Death Metal. Rehashed, monotonous, uninspired Metal. Just my opinion though.
----
28.03.2008 - 06:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by ß on 27.03.2008 at 23:51

Lol ye that was pretty good. Metal videos seem to be the cheesiest and most are pretty bad.

I think thats because metal bands generally dont have much money, so even a good concept could come out really bad with poor cinematogrphy or if its poorly choreographed. But since when was metal about the videos?
----
- George Carlin
28.03.2008 - 06:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Clintagräm on 27.03.2008 at 23:52

I was thinking more their first two releases as being the better of the Black Metal releases. And I still stand by what I said that everything from 'Lucifer Incestus' up isn't innovative at all. I'm not asking that they completely dump their sound, but a little variation would be nice. And don't get me wrong, it's fun music from time to time, and would be great live, I'm sure. But for me, they've become the "Dark Funeral" of Death Metal. Rehashed, monotonous, uninspired Metal. Just my opinion though.

Yeah I can see where your coming from. I definitely wouldn't call Belphegor very original. But I just like the riffs and sound they have on the newer albums.
----
- George Carlin
28.03.2008 - 10:03
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Doc G. on 28.03.2008 at 06:59

Yeah I can see where your coming from. I definitely wouldn't call Belphegor very original. But I just like the riffs and sound they have on the newer albums.

Yeah, I understand. The music is fun as hell sometimes. I'd love to see them live, I bet it would be intense. But after the fun factor, I'll look for my "artsy-fartsy" Death Metal elsewhere a la Akercocke or what have you.
----
28.03.2008 - 10:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Clintagräm on 28.03.2008 at 10:03

Written by Doc G. on 28.03.2008 at 06:59

Yeah, I understand. The music is fun as hell sometimes. I'd love to see them live, I bet it would be intense. But after the fun factor, I'll look for my "artsy-fartsy" Death Metal elsewhere a la Akercocke or what have you.

Artsy Fartsy, hehe yeah, I think Belphegor tries to do that sometimes with the latin lyrics and the concept album about Marquis de Sade, but then they go and write songs called 'Sexdictator Lucifer' and 'Shred For Satan'....woops, I mean 'Shred For Sathan'
----
- George Carlin
28.03.2008 - 10:16
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Doc G. on 28.03.2008 at 10:07

Artsy Fartsy, hehe yeah, I think Belphegor tries to do that sometimes with the latin lyrics and the concept album about Marquis de Sade, but then they go and write songs called 'Sexdictator Lucifer' and 'Shred For Satan'....woops, I mean 'Shred For Sathan'

You've got to remember de Sade was the Belphegor of his day, especially with all his sexual perversion, so it's really not too much of a deviation from their normal lyrical content.
----
28.03.2008 - 10:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Clintagräm on 28.03.2008 at 10:16

Written by Doc G. on 28.03.2008 at 10:07

You've got to remember de Sade was the Belphegor of his day, especially with all his sexual perversion, so it's really not too much of a deviation from their normal lyrical content.

I suppose, but you look a lot more classy when making references to that type of stuff. Take Shakespeare for example, people consider him some fantastic classic writer, all the guy wrote about was sex and violence.
----
- George Carlin
28.03.2008 - 10:24
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Doc G. on 28.03.2008 at 10:22

I suppose, but you look a lot more classy when making references to that type of stuff. Take Shakespeare for example, people consider him some fantastic classic writer, all the guy wrote about was sex and violence.

True. Maybe Metal bands in 2500 CE will be writing about Quentin Tarantino in the same light.
----
20.04.2008 - 12:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So, after listening to the new Belphegor album for almost a week straight, I have come to a few conclusions. At first listen it seems to be a regular Belphegor album, but after about your 3rd listen you start to notice subtle changes the band has made, and the more you listen to more apparent these changes become. Take the harshness of Goatreich Fleshcult, the atmospheric aspect of Lucifer Incestus, and the tempos from Pestapokalypse. Then add in a bunch of new qualities, the vocals are more up front on this one, and added in some clean singing. The song 'Sexdictator Lucifer' has a completely different structure than anything else theyve ever done.
----
- George Carlin