Metal Storm logo
German metal recommendations?

Original post

Posted by Bitter Dawn, 10.10.2006 - 05:22
I am wondering if any one can recommend some good German metal, black would be the most ideal but I enjoy most styles of metal. I know there must be some good stuff out there, I just don't really know where to start. I'd also prefer that they "sing" in German too. I already know about Absurd, a lot of industrial bands are German but it's just not the same, and although I consider Rammstein to be a form of metal I would like to hear some other stuff. Thanks in advance guys.
24.10.2006 - 14:45
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Scanning the list, these are bands that may be worth a look that were missed:
I can recommend early At Vance, straight-up power metal
and
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, semi-death/folk with keyboards...I don't know how to explain them, but they're quite fun.
and
Taraxacum, a prog metal band with members from Edguy, Haggard, Steel Prophet (well, their old singer) and it's some very enjoyable metal.
and
Odal, a black metal band, I somehow found Sturmes Brut on my harddrive, dont ask me how it got there, I don't remember, but it was raw black metal in German.
26.10.2006 - 13:45
decapitator
well i know they're not black metal, but i think they're fucking amazing, check out Sodom
27.10.2006 - 23:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@ozman does Holy Mosus are femail vocalist? Ehere I can get something I wanna hear how sounds old school speed/thrash whit women voice.
Like Doro/Warlock?

I just discovere great heavy metal band from Munster it callsSpelbound Dreams and old school thrash/death band Metal Amputation and for SM I discovere BM --. Lost Life
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.10.2006 - 01:01
danzig111
Account deleted
I haven't listened to this band for long but.....

Wizard!

check out Wizard, they are quite good
28.10.2006 - 01:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.10.2006 at 23:59

@ozman does Holy Mosus are femail vocalist? Ehere I can get something I wanna hear how sounds old school speed/thrash whit women voice.
Like Doro/Warlock?

I just discovere great heavy metal band from Munster it callsSpelbound Dreams and old school thrash/death band Metal Amputation and for SM I discovere BM --. Lost Life

Holy Moses' vocalist is fucking strong, her voice is ripping... I don't find that band particulary attractive though, except the album "The New Machine Of Liechtenstein" that is indeed killer.
01.11.2006 - 13:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 28.10.2006 at 01:41

Written by Bad English on 27.10.2006 at 23:59

Like Doro/Warlock?

Holy Moses' vocalist is fucking strong, her voice is ripping... I don't find that band particulary attractive though, except the album "The New Machine Of Liechtenstein" that is indeed killer.

When I talk about Holy Moses I usually mean that album, or at least Holy Moses during that period of time because nowadays they are quite crappy IMO.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.11.2006 - 23:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Ozman - IMO almoust all 80ties thrash metal bands who start play after reunion are crappy I like inly before splitt up buts its only IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2006 - 01:38
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2006 at 23:47

@Ozman - IMO almoust all 80ties thrash metal bands who start play after reunion are crappy I like inly before splitt up buts its only IMO

yeah that's true. Because they're OLD and I guess they either can't handle the new-age technology or they try to hard to recruit new young, pre-teenage fans.
10.11.2006 - 15:05
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 24.10.2006 at 14:45

Scanning the list, these are bands that may be worth a look that were missed:
I can recommend early At Vance, straight-up power metal
and
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, semi-death/folk with keyboards...I don't know how to explain them, but they're quite fun.

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, I listened once, some songs are really good and more death than folk, some are less extreme and full of folk, yeah their music manner are very fun.
I heard At Vance once, till now, have known something about them. They release only full length
Thanks for the recommend.
04.12.2006 - 18:50
baldur
wonder why no one mentioned grave digger, i mean they are one of the greatest german bands ever (except blind guardian)
04.12.2006 - 19:19
Black_Handed
A village idiot
no necrophagist?? come on ))) maybe the most technical metal band, technical brutal death metal it is (no worries, they are easily digestable if you get used to fast guitarwork)
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
09.01.2007 - 19:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by baldur on 04.12.2006 at 18:50

wonder why no one mentioned grave digger, i mean they are one of the greatest german bands ever (except blind guardian)

Whoot man thay are one of best traditional metal bands who come from germany like Running Wild, X-Wild and mant many mor ein genre also Risk Its hard to talk about German heavy metal and traditional metal because its huge and huge and this scene are to big to remeber and talk and from germany comes more bands from Europe how from oher countries.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2007 - 20:25
baldur
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2007 at 19:20

Written by baldur on 04.12.2006 at 18:50

Whoot man thay are one of best traditional metal bands who come from germany like Running Wild, X-Wild and mant many mor ein genre also Risk Its hard to talk about German heavy metal and traditional metal because its huge and huge and this scene are to big to remeber and talk and from germany comes more bands from Europe how from oher countries.

okay okay im sorry please forgive me you know more than me about german metal (how ironic)
11.01.2007 - 22:07
Loreley
Account deleted
i like grave digger!that is super german metalband...
and i dont know who has wrote in news,that In Extremo,rmmstein metal is...that s wrong.in ex is mittelalterrock.and rammstein is hard rock...they ay,that they make dance metal.hehehe...
12.01.2007 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 22:07

and i dont know who has wrote in news,that In Extremo,rmmstein metal is...that s wrong.in ex is mittelalterrock.and rammstein is hard rock...they ay,that they make dance metal.hehehe...

Hahha in one point I agree whit you about those bands never like In Extremo, those are one of fiew new age metal bands in Germany Geramny keeps old school traditions in metal alive and Rammstein hahah iMo adolf woud like band and music ist like before Reich
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2007 - 14:24
Loreley
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.01.2007 at 14:10

Hahha in one point I agree whit you about those bands never like In Extremo, those are one of fiew new age metal bands in Germany Geramny keeps old school traditions in metal alive and Rammstein hahah iMo adolf woud like band and music ist like before Reich

dear kari..blabla.(difficult name)

i know personal In Extremo and rammstein..please dont tell me a tales,ok.
12.01.2007 - 14:25
Loreley
Account deleted
ach ja,whenn u dont like german people,that is ur problem.
Battle on with the trust!
12.01.2007 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2007 at 14:24

Written by Bad English on 12.01.2007 at 14:10

dear kari..blabla.(difficult name)

i know personal In Extremo and rammstein..please dont tell me a tales,ok.

Xaxxaxa Kariasakis terible name ist writen in latin

I jsut tell IMO, I dont like In Extreme, but I like Rammstein, that music whhat Rammstain plays are good and ist give energy if I hear it in radio

Try this band Midwinter Dark doom mix whit black metal from Dusselforf I jsuyt read them lyrics and listening now album ''Astral Mirrors''
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2007 - 14:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok I just discovere awsoem MBM band Ancient Ceremony, realy good and poetical, you all shood try it awsoem and good band, but damn no MySpace and MP3 in hp, but I listen album ''Under Moonlight We Kiss'' good one
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2007 - 14:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Kreator is good german thrash metal, I especially recommend their latest release Enemy of God which probably is the best thrash album I've ever heard!
----
08.02.2007 - 18:13
baldur
Written by Guest on 12.01.2007 at 14:25

ach ja,whenn u dont like german people,that is ur problem.
Battle on with the trust!

du kannst schon nicht in nem englischen forum mit nem ach ja anfangen des verstehen die doch nicht später nimmt der des noch als beleidingung auf!

.....and no he did not say that he got problems with germans!! and rammstein does industrial and no hard rock!
08.02.2007 - 19:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
I didn't read all the post so I don't know if someone mentioned Human Fortress, this is on of my favorite new bands, real awesome power/speed metal from Germany, I think they have two albums and one unofficial live, beside Human Fortress Wizard is real awesome, I also like Slartibartfass, some Viking/Folk, and many more, they just have amazing strong metal scene
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.02.2007 - 20:31
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Well.. Nargaroth, Moonblood, Wigrid, Nagelfar, there are many others but my memory is failing... heheh!
12.02.2007 - 20:34
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Oh! I've remembered two more! Bargulf and Typhon! They are all Black Metal bands...
13.02.2007 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 08.02.2007 at 19:06

I didn't read all the post so I don't know if someone mentioned Human Fortress, this is on of my favorite new bands, real awesome power/speed metal from Germany, I think they have two albums and one unofficial live, beside Human Fortress Wizard is real awesome, I also like Slartibartfass, some Viking/Folk, and many more, they just have amazing strong metal scene

Why did you didnt mention Mayhemic Truth and Morrigan
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2007 - 17:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Kariasakis - I am big fan of Morrigan but I think they are famous enough, sam with Mayhemic Truth
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.03.2007 - 12:57
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Moonblood is a BM band from germany. They're raw, but melodic as well, and if you're a raw BM fan, I strongle recommend this to you.
I hope you know about bands like Kreator....
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.09.2007 - 06:23
Ellie
Account deleted
Stormwarrior and Nocturnal
16.09.2007 - 12:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 12:57

Moonblood is a BM band from germany. They're raw, but melodic as well, and if you're a raw BM fan, I strongle recommend this to you.

And its hard to get em, a lot of demos but hard get original stuff
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2007 - 13:38
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 16.09.2007 at 12:45

Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 12:57

And its hard to get em, a lot of demos but hard get original stuff

That's likely; I got their full length from one of my friends.. 'Taste our german steel'. I read in metalarchives that the band never released CDs but only cassettes/vinyls.
----
that which shines without names and forms...