Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

09.06.2012 - 16:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
09.06.2012 - 16:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
Russia could be the dark horses in this competition... Today's games will be good.
I'm not looking forward to England vs France though, hahaha... I don't think there's much confidence behind England this time.
09.06.2012 - 16:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.06.2012 at 16:39

Russia could be the dark horses in this competition... Today's games will be good.
I'm not looking forward to England vs France though, hahaha... I don't think there's much confidence behind England this time.

I think they could well be, they certainly have the firepower to go all the way. They might struggle in defence against better teams though...

Well, the French have been really disappointing in the last two major international championships, and just this once because nobody is giving England a hope if winning, I think this time they might just do something!
09.06.2012 - 21:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Woah ho, Denmark beat Holland! Couldn't believe the chances Holland squandered, though the Danes are a decent team, and they played well. Great result for them... could it be like 1992 all over again? lol

Germany and Portugal up next... should be an awesome game, I'll be rooting for the Germans though!
09.06.2012 - 21:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I definitely did not expect Holland to lose.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 21:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:16

I definitely did not expect Holland to lose.

I don't think anyone did, though Denmark are a team that always have a chance, no matter who they play. But really, on another day, Holland would have scored 4 or 5 in that game, the amount of chances they had which didn't go in was amazing.
09.06.2012 - 21:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Holland did NOT lose, The Netherlands lost ffs. Holland is two provinces and not a country

Well it's not surprsing The Netherlands lost. Once again they all went for their own chances and glory and didn't play like a team.

But in 1988 we also lost a warm up match against Bulgaria and the first match in the group phase, so all is still possible (says that even though he knows The Netherlands will be out after Wednesday )
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 21:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.06.2012 at 21:18

I don't think anyone did, though Denmark are a team that always have a chance, no matter who they play. But really, on another day, Holland would have scored 4 or 5 in that game, the amount of chances they had which didn't go in was amazing.

I have to admit that I didn't see the match. I just went to the living room, and my folks had the tv on (while not really watching it) and just went "holy shit" when I saw how it was 1-0 for Denmark and it was in the 80th minute or so. Fucked up.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 21:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Hopefully Germany will win against Portugal, I want to see that closet homosexual Cristiano Ronaldo cry again
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 21:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
As long as Spain doesn't win, I'm happy.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 21:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:30

I'd rather have Spain win than Portugal or Greece
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 21:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:30

I'd rather have Spain win than Portugal or Greece

As a latino I have the obligation to not support Spain. It's not negotiable even if I don't care for sports! Fuck Italy as well.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 21:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:36

As a latino I have the obligation to not support Spain. It's not negotiable even if I don't care for sports! Fuck Italy as well.

You have the obligation to support SPain seeing you are Latino. WEithout Spain you wouldn't be around on the face of this world. So you got them to thank for that
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 21:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2012 at 21:50

You have the obligation to support SPain seeing you are Latino. WEithout Spain you wouldn't be around on the face of this world. So you got them to thank for that

Nah, you got it backwards... That is exactly the point. Latinos are kind of backwards so we have to do the opposite of what should be done.

Plus, we just don't like how they talk.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 21:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:52

Plus, we just don't like how they talk.

Like I told you and your sis they talk horrendously not pronouncing anything clearly, almost spitting. Just like Danish.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 21:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2012 at 21:56
Just like Danish.

I agree... but I at least find Danish quite hilarious in how bad it sounds. Spanish on the other hand is just flat out annoying for me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 22:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 21:57

Spanish on the other hand is just flat out annoying for me.

Not only for you whenever I am in Kafee België enjoying some great beers and hordes of SPanish exchange students flood the place and speak to each other I want to punch them in the face.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2012 - 22:48
Deria Daisy
Oh, I see you're chauvinists Why do you hate some nationalities?
PS: I hope Germany will win today.
09.06.2012 - 22:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Deria Daisy on 09.06.2012 at 22:48
Oh, I see you're chauvinists

I doubt it. I just don't like how people from Spain talk, it's awful.
That doesn't make me hate a country and think my country is the best (Hell fucking no, Chile is far away from bein great)... also: I love Denmark considering how I get most of my alcohol from there and overall it's a very friendly country with great people... I just don't like their language!
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2012 - 23:18
Deria Daisy
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.06.2012 at 22:54

Ok.
Now Germany-Portugal 1:0
09.06.2012 - 23:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ That's xenophobic, not chauvinistic.

Yay, Germany won! Portugal did a good job putting up a defensive wall, making it very difficult for Germany to break them down. Mario's header for the goal though was awesome, the keeper had no chance whatsoever! Portugal had Germany on the rack for the last 10 minutes of regular time, and were unlucky not to equalise. But Germany just deserved the win I felt.
10.06.2012 - 00:17
nicaZe
Savatage
I lost a 500 euros because Holland lost the game. I win 1d t9 pairs anhey screwed me.

And Gomes fucked Ronaldo hehehehe
10.06.2012 - 00:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
It was funny after Mario scored, cos the guy over the PA who shouted "Maaaaaario!" a few times sounded like Super Mario from the Mario games!
10.06.2012 - 00:36
Druss
Nice to see how many Metal Stormers are keeping an eye on the Euros. So far, I've actually been pretty impressed with how its going; there's been more goals so far than I expected in truth, and the football's been mostly played in a good natured way (apart from a bit of diving) so far. I was very pleased with the Danish win today, you rarely get less than their best from a Scandinavian team, and like Marcel's said, some of the Dutch players need to get their heads out of their asses. And they need to start fining Arjen Robben everytime he takes a shot

First European Championship match in 24 years for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow, up against the Croats....I know a lot of people wouldn't fancy us over Italy and Croatia to get out of our group, but we're feeling optimistic enough about it over here, and I think we can provide a few surprises...
10.06.2012 - 00:40
Paz
Elite
We win this tournament (if referees will help).
10.06.2012 - 01:25
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.06.2012 at 23:48

Portugal had Germany on the rack for the last 10 minutes of regular time, and were unlucky not to equalise.

Silvestre Varela could have done it for Portugal, but he was really unlucky, and Neuer is really a great goalkeeper. However, in overall, I guess the Germans usually play a bit better than they've done today. In the last world cup their performance was really crushing, and I really like their organized style of playing.
As for Netherlands, yes it was unexpected, but not by me. I personally think that they had a fair amount of luck in the last WC. Their group stage was easy, the match against Slovenia was easy, the match against Brazil was difficult, and winning it was the Netherlands best accomplishment (They were lucky though), the Uruguay match was easy for a team like Netherlands, but in the end they lost due to the imminent Robben effect And Spain are still superior to them.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.06.2012 - 01:57
nicaZe
Savatage
Written by Druss on 10.06.2012 at 00:36

Nice to see how many Metal Stormers are keeping an eye on the Euros. So far, I've actually been pretty impressed with how its going; there's been more goals so far than I expected in truth, and the football's been mostly played in a good natured way (apart from a bit of diving) so far. I was very pleased with the Danish win today, you rarely get less than their best from a Scandinavian team, and like Marcel's said, some of the Dutch players need to get their heads out of their asses. And they need to start fining Arjen Robben everytime he takes a shot

First European Championship match in 24 years for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow, up against the Croats....I know a lot of people wouldn't fancy us over Italy and Croatia to get out of our group, but we're feeling optimistic enough about it over here, and I think we can provide a few surprises...

I think that Ireland is much better team them Croatia. I'm from Bosnia and I keep my eye on Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia, and belive me Croatia is out of form. You will win match tomorrow.

And about Danmark, one thing, bet on the betting that they will win Euro 2012 is 50 Euros and on Spain (they are first on the list) just 1,45 Euros
10.06.2012 - 02:28
InnerSelf
proofread free
Because of my stupid exams I missed the the past 4 matches, I really wanted to watch Germany's game
anyway I'm hoping for a big match tomorrow, hopefully both France and England will entertain. As for the Ireland vs. Croatia match, I believe it's going to be good
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
10.06.2012 - 03:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The Dutch can still go through, but losing to Denmark makes that task much more difficult. It's unlikely they will beat Germany, so I think their only realistic chance of going through is for Denmark and Portugal to get a draw, and then they will need to beat Portugal in their last group game. I agree with Marcel that the Dutch are playing like a bunch of individuals playing for themselves, and not as a team. This is something that will have to change if they are to have any chance of progressing and going far in the tournament. But the Dutch have had problems with that (team spirit) for a long time now. There is a lot of talent in that team, but until they start playing as a team, and not for individual glory, that talent will not take them very far. As for Denmark winning the championship... well nobody gave them a hope in '92 and they won, so nothing's impossible!

Should be some more good footy to come tomorrow, and I shall be rooting for the Irish! Spain should beat Italy, but you can never ever count the Italians out, they always have a chance.
10.06.2012 - 04:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2012 at 21:29

Hopefully Germany will win against Portugal, I want to see that closet homosexual Cristiano Ronaldo cry again

Greece will win all hehe
and seems Ronaldo was crying afgter game it seems so TV shown it only secends
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing