Metal Storm logo
Steppenwolf

01.08.2013 - 02:12
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well... if you guys don't know about Steppenwolf, you actually do
but just don't know that they're the ones playing ''Born To Be Wild'' - ''Magic Carpet Ride'' and ''Don't Step On The Grass Sam''
See... knew you did.

Anyways, you gotta love this band, their sound is just happy, its a summer sound for me. The kind of thing
that puts you in a good mood no matter the crappy day you've had or the shitty news you've heard.
It's soft and funky.

I never am not in the mood for some Steppenwolf. When I don't know what to put on, I put some Steppenwolf till I find out.

What do you guys think about them ?
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.09.2013 - 01:59
Find them cool, of course. Was watching a DVD i got at the Pound Shop for the 20th time last week, a gig from 2007 or something. John Kay still has a good voice.
22.09.2013 - 06:13
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by 17 on 09.09.2013 at 01:59

Find them cool, of course. Was watching a DVD i got at the Pound Shop for the 20th time last week, a gig from 2007 or something. John Kay still has a good voice.

So they still do gigs ?? Wow that's fucking awesome.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2013 - 06:09
Yeah, I'm not sure if they still do it today, but probably. They have those annual meetings, like a 'Wolf Fest' or something that are really cool - those are great band/fan interaction type of events.
12.10.2013 - 11:36
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Well, it's too bad they got blacklisted here on MetalStorm. I think that the band who coined the term "Heavy Metal" deserves a place here, even though I agree their music isn't the heaviest and most metal one in the late '60s.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
12.10.2013 - 13:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RaduP on 12.10.2013 at 11:36

Well, it's too bad they got blacklisted here on MetalStorm. I think that the band who coined the term "Heavy Metal" deserves a place here, even though I agree their music isn't the heaviest and most metal one in the late '60s.

misconception on your part Steppenwolf did not coin the term 'heavy metal' when it comes to music. Their 'heavy metal thunder' referred to the sound of a motorbike.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2013 - 00:53
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.10.2013 at 13:52

Written by RaduP on 12.10.2013 at 11:36

misconception on your part Steppenwolf did not coin the term 'heavy metal' when it comes to music. Their 'heavy metal thunder' referred to the sound of a motorbike.

YEah maybe but don't you think it kinda influenced the use of this term later on to describe heavier music. I always thought it came from them.

But no matter what.. I don't think they should be here on MS lol its definitely nothing Metal glad they got black listed, I mean if we're to add this band might aswell add The Eagles, Guess Who, Bob Dylan (...) lol really
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.11.2013 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band is OK, I like it but what band did wrote one ''super'' song at that time, one super hit one song what still are played on the radio and its it, to know more band you need get vinilys, dig up by your self
I like music what they play for that time it was OK, sometimes today I listen some songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing