Metal Storm logo
The Next Big Thing in Black Metal

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 15.01.2007 - 17:36
Just wondered what demo bands people think will become popular in the coming years. If we say now what upcoming bands we think will become very successful (relative to the black metal scene) then in a few years time we can all look back and see how right i was.

i bet a penny on Vassafor, Ash Pool and Nightbringer.

Also worthy of a mention (though less likely to become widely known): Teitanblood, Anal Blasphemy and Begrime Exemoius

Anything else worth a listen?
26.02.2007 - 18:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Finally heard Mgla from the Crushing Comp. and I must say this band has potential! They have my vote for sure.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.02.2007 - 20:27
Damnated
Churchburner
imo the material on that split is nothing, compared to the Presence demo.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.02.2007 - 20:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I see what you mean. Downloading.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.02.2007 - 09:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Damnated on 26.02.2007 at 20:27

imo the material on that split is nothing, compared to the Presence demo.

I have to disagree with you on this one. IMO Mgla's work on Crushing The Holy Trinity is superior to their work on the Presence e.p. (btw that isan official e.p. released by Northern Heritage and not a demo, just to get that misconception out of the way)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.02.2007 - 20:45
Basso
Account deleted
Speaking of Mgla and the Crushing split:

I found Crushing the Holy trinity split available at a retailer. A 3 cd split with six bands. So I guess most of you have heard it ? Could someone dropp some comments about it etc? I think about buying it.
27.02.2007 - 22:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, Marcel can. I know he loves it.

And I love it too. Just tell me, what does it cost you? I want to know what the general price for it is, since I am considering buying it. (That also means something, since I never buy compilations)
----

27.02.2007 - 22:16
Basso
Account deleted
I think of buying it from total holocaust records. A swedish net distro:

http://web.telia.com/~u31224308/thr/index2.html

The price for the split there is 290 Sek or 30 ?

Its not a bad price at all considering you get 3 cds worth of music.
27.02.2007 - 22:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hmm yeah. Well, I find that still a bit expensive. I'll give it some thought though, if I'll be buying the new Lifelover from there I might pick up some other stuff, so..
----

28.02.2007 - 00:02
die_benny
Account deleted
Crushing the Holy Trinity is well worth it. The DSO track is amazing.
28.02.2007 - 11:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 27.02.2007 at 22:10

Well, Marcel can. I know he loves it.

And I love it too. Just tell me, what does it cost you? I want to know what the general price for it is, since I am considering buying it. (That also means something, since I never buy compilations)

It cost me 30 euro at Boudisque. Whcih is quite cheap considering the packaging and that it is a 3 cd split with every cd containing around 60 minutes of music.

I usuaully don't by compialtions either UNLESS they contain non-released stuff. As is the case here and also with the From The Entrails To The Dirt compilation.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2007 - 02:57
Nazeef
Khold, Falkenbach!!! they'll carry the torch...
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
21.06.2007 - 07:07
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
To each their own, but Khold isn't that great, they're enjoyable but all the albums and songs sound pretty much the same and besides, they are no longer together now.

I think Drudkh is doing great things, their music is very creative, it holds a variety of atmospheres and I think they are quite talented.
21.06.2007 - 08:48
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Alcest new release is like GODDDDDDDZZZZZZ.

Anyone heard it ?
21.06.2007 - 14:54
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Hembrom on 21.06.2007 at 08:48

Alcest new release is like GODDDDDDDZZZZZZ.

Anyone heard it ?

I have heard it. Its quite good.
21.06.2007 - 17:17
Damned-In-Black
^ I've heard it once only, so far - but it sounded rather good to me. Certain to be getting more attention soon.
21.06.2007 - 19:50
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Yeah, the new Alcest is alright. But they're already quite well known so...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
23.06.2007 - 20:51
Kant'sConundrum
Account deleted
I agree, debating which bm band will be popular is a worthwhile endeavor.
24.06.2007 - 15:54
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Yep, almost as worthwhile as your post.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
26.06.2007 - 13:49
Atheist23
Account deleted
Black Metal is shit whatever bands they are
26.06.2007 - 18:30
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24571] on 26.06.2007 at 13:49

Yeah I agree, we need more smart comments like this. Awesome \m/
26.06.2007 - 21:49
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
More witty comments please.

On a side note, i found out that one of the members of Begrime Exemious (who I mentioned in the first post) used to post here under the name Orphy. Perhaps the older posters and the people who used to use the hub will remember him.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
27.06.2007 - 06:41
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24571] on 26.06.2007 at 13:49

HE'S RIGHT! Intelligence is stupid, it's all about being as brutal as you can be!\mm/
27.06.2007 - 09:02
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by -tom- on 26.06.2007 at 21:49

On a side note, i found out that one of the members of Begrime Exemious (who I mentioned in the first post) used to post here under the name Orphy. Perhaps the older posters and the people who used to use the hub will remember him.

Yeah I remember Orphy, he was a pal of mine. I still leech stuff off of him sometimes on DC++
And interestingly I got the demo from him. It's a really cool demo - an excellent start for the band. I really wanna see how a full-length album turns out.

I really like Vassafor and Ash Pool n the bands you mentioned (I think, that Martin Cavanagh, the drummer on Demo II was a member on this forum as well). Haven't heard any Nightbringer material though. My two cents would be placed on Nibdem (the destroy yourself EP was highly enjoyable material), and Ash Pool as well. Special mention to Dauthslak, Darkult, and Typhus (who already have a full length out though). And has anyone heard the Terrordrone Juggernauts Vol. 1 split here?

Heh, on a more amusing note, what about the bands that were supposed to make it big but never did? Anaal Nathrakh (or is what they've achieved considered 'big'?)? Tenebrosus were an awesome band whom I took a liking to (and still enjoy) but they never made it big (as they were supposed to...) Any other bands?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
27.06.2007 - 13:28
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Anaal Nathrakh seem to have become very unfashionable. He talks a lot of nonsense about how fucked up he is but just acts like a drunken idiot at gigs (for both AN and Mistress) so I don't think people take him seriously anymore. He's become Peter Dolving, basically .

The first album is still great though (or at least the first five tracks are).

I've heard Typhus. I have their split with Crowned in Semen. Didn't think it was anything special. I'll try and find some stuff by those other bands.
----

Read Watchmen.
27.06.2007 - 14:11
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^I agree. The first five tracks are fucking incredible! And after that... That way even Antaes were supposed to hit the big time. I lost interest in them after the split with Aosoth. Any idea how the new material is?

And in that split with Crowned in Semen, Typhus have only one track right? Do check out the album if you can. I really liked it.

Ooh and what abt Akitsa? I think there was a thread about them somewhere here... Anyhow, despite the fact that they have three full lengths out they aren't all that big. I think with their fourth (if they ever do dish out one more), they can actually become a big name... even though La Grand Infamie was spectacular.
----
27.06.2007 - 15:39
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
What you guys think about new 'Peste Noire' didnt search for the bands thread so posted here. I heared it and its good
27.06.2007 - 16:04
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Elite
lets keep this thread clean guys. no problematic posts are allowed, offensive or otherwise wrong.

blessed be.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
02.10.2007 - 03:34
orphy
Sorry to bring back an older topic, I couldn't help but notice that Begrime Exemious and myself were mentioned, hah! Flattering that a few of you think we're the next big thing, thanks a lot for the kind words...

To keep it on topic, I think bands like Gloria Diaboli, Weapon, and Warmarch are going to be huge. Deathspell Omega's newer material is definitely going to change the face of black metal forever, too.
----
-orphy
02.10.2007 - 12:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i say 1349 is going to be the next big black metal band. they have it all: Frost on drums, a maniacal singer in Ravn and guitarists whose sound harkens back to a Mayhem-era Norway. if they dont break it big i'll be disappointed.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.10.2007 - 12:26
Sunioj
1349 IMO lost all the momentum that they ever had...after Beyond the Apocalypse. After that was pure boredom for me, and DSO's newest album the next best thing in BM? I guess for others, I thought their previous work was alot fresher...maybe Im strange.