‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 224  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Arian Totalis on 20.01.2007 at 01:25
So I'm Taking Jesus Punchers Advice and Open a thread About Metalcore. Now This thread is about Metalcore in general, But I would like to Remind people that there is a difference between the crap Like Bullet for My Valantine/A7X and bands Like Shadows Fall and God Forbid. I would ask that any critisism tword this genre be Constructive, and anyone who makes unintelligent remarks will Be either Pwned by Myself or Reported to a Mod if it gets to out of hand.

But anyway, feel free to talk about some good metalcore. Nad if any of you are wondering why this is in the Alt. Metal forum, it's because I got tired of people whining at me about it. But anywho, let the discussion Commense.

Page 5 of 5

skeletorissatan

29.09.2011 at 13:50
Good Metalcore is demon hunter
Lit.
Brütal Legend

01.10.2011 at 00:02
I have no problem with Metalcore. I agree with an earlier post on the first page that Metalcore may later on be narrowed down to the better bands. I'm not sure what those bands are though, cause Metalcore isn't my forte.
I think my favorite Metalcore album would be The Fall of Ideals by All That Remains.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
Malevolent-Jim

04.10.2011 at 17:18
Do Between The Buried And Me count as metalcore? I like them.
JCJen7

05.10.2011 at 04:34
People continue bashing A7x at every turn :/ They haven't been metalcore for nearly 10 years.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

06.10.2011 at 22:12
Written by JCJen7 on 05.10.2011 at 04:34

People continue bashing A7x at every turn :/ They haven't been metalcore for nearly 10 years.

And yet they are still crap
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

ß
Problem?

07.10.2011 at 01:06
Written by Malevolent-Jim on 04.10.2011 at 17:18

Do Between The Buried And Me count as metalcore? I like them.

Yes they're considered metalcore but more along the lines of progressive metalcore/mathcore.
----
My music blog - Updated as of 13/07/12

To live is to think - Cicero
Void Eater
Crunkcore Fan

07.10.2011 at 02:54
Indeed BTBAM is metalcore. I've really liked what I've heard from them, but never cared to dig deeper into them.

As far as A7X goes, they went from metalcore to a poppy hard rock/metal style. Not exactly a way to get a lot of fans from internet metal nerds.
----
JCJen7

07.10.2011 at 03:30
Well, I realize no one here likes them, but I do, and everything they release still gets labeled as crappy metalcore.
----

CHECK THESE OUT
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

07.10.2011 at 04:12
Sorry from no on we'll label it is totally crap poppy metal/rock
at least when they played metalcore they weren't as shite as they are now
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

07.10.2011 at 04:16
We actually have them labeled here as alternative heavy metal since '05, but people still identify with them as a metalcore band because they don't waste their time checking out A7X's newer shit to realize they changed their sound because the old shit was just that bad.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
JCJen7

07.10.2011 at 10:06
Thanks guys I appreciate the respect. And troy, I know, I asked (in a pissy mood) for someone to do that a couple months ago.
----

CHECK THESE OUT
IronAngel

29.10.2011 at 01:20
Will Haven released a new album. Judging by first listen, not as good as Carpe Diem, but pretty tight and punishing shit.

Uldreth

08.08.2013 at 13:03
Time for some shameless self promotion.

Err, I mean, if someone's at least slightly interested in what this genre can offer, I've compiled a list here of bands/albums I consider to be very much worth checking out.

http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=2590&page=&message_id=
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Frank Comstock

22.09.2013 at 22:30
I don't really have a problem with the genre in principle. I definitely think it's a Metal Genre to a point, although it's definitely a fusion genre. I can see why some Metal fans may have a bit of a problem with that, but I don't. Since I'm a huge fan of Hardcore Punk AND Metal, I see no reason that you can't combine the two for something interesting.

I'll be honest though, my main problem with the genre is that so many of the bands just don't do anything for me. I started listening to it around 2007, and I've stuck with Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge's Jane Doe, and Botch's We are the Romans the whole time. In comparison to all of the other stuff in the genre, those albums basically, for me any way, render 99 percent of the genre obsolete from my eternal playlist. I'll keep an open mind though, metal purists be damned. If I find more bands in the genre that make powerful music, I can't argue with that. If its powerful music, I like it no matter what the genre.

Having said that, I'll be honest and say I haven't heard a single Deathcore band that does a thing for me. The genre to me does as much for me as Hair Metal (and considering I do whatever I can to distance myself from anything remotely related to that genre, that shows uninterested I am in the genre).
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
Uldreth

23.09.2013 at 16:11
Written by Frank Comstock on 22.09.2013 at 22:30

Having said that, I'll be honest and say I haven't heard a single Deathcore band that does a thing for me. The genre to me does as much for me as Hair Metal (and considering I do whatever I can to distance myself from anything remotely related to that genre, that shows uninterested I am in the genre).

Dunno if you know these, but if not then try them. These are early 2000s deathcore bands that have quite a few mathcore (and in general early metalcore) elements (or if not then significant early swedish death metal elements) so they should be up your alley.

----

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Frank Comstock

23.09.2013 at 22:02
Thanks man. I'm open minded, but the only Deathcore bands I've heard were the usual suspects, and I wasn't a fan of them. Rest assured, I'll give them a shot.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
DaveBarlow

24.12.2013 at 22:14
Written by Arian Totalis on 20.01.2007 at 01:25

But I would like to Remind people that there is a difference between the crap Like Bullet for My Valantine/A7X and bands Like Shadows Fall and God Forbid. I would ask that any critisism tword this genre be Constructive, and anyone who makes unintelligent remarks will Be either Pwned by Myself or Reported to a Mod if it gets to out of hand.

How is that constructive?!
Schizoid6.6

12.05.2014 at 05:38
This genre actually started me on death metal and other harder styles, Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage being some of the main instigators. There still a number of bands I enjoy like Shadow's Fall and some As I Lay Dying, but much of the subjects come off a bit too juvenile and clean for my tastes. This is really the music for the Hot Topic/scene kids. It's all fine if extreme metal is too rich for your blood.
Uldreth

12.05.2014 at 16:13
Written by Schizoid6.6 on 12.05.2014 at 05:38

but much of the subjects come off a bit too juvenile and clean for my tastes. This is really the music for the Hot Topic/scene kids. It's all fine if extreme metal is too rich for your blood.

Try these . These take a dump on a significant portion of "extreme metal" in terms of extremity.
----

-Troy on trancecore
Ganondox

20.06.2014 at 16:47
Not my favorite metal genre, but not my least favorite either. Some of it is pretty good, but IMO melodeath that utilizes clean vocals is the better execution of the concept. What really annoys me is when people say metalcore is metal influenced hardcore, not metal. No, it's clearly metal, not hardcore, it has some clear similarities to traditional heavy metal, but sounds nothing like traditional hardcore, and while early metalcore was more hardcore than metal, modern metalcore, the stuff people hate, is clearly much closer to metal than it is to hardcore. BFMV is completely metal.
ikeroteiza

25.07.2014 at 02:24
Hey, my band and I need feedback abot our debut album from you guys!

http://thesublinary.bandcamp.com/releases
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

25.07.2014 at 02:26
Written by ikeroteiza on 25.07.2014 at 02:24
Hey, my band and I need feedback abot our debut album from you guys!

Feel free to open a thread here: http://metalstorm.net/forum/board.php?board_id=30
----
Prettier than BloodTears.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.