Metal Storm logo
Current affairs

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.04.2014 - 09:58
Here's where to talk about all the current affairs happening at home and around the world. Instead of a slew of different threads like there seem to be at the moment, i thought it might be better to just have the one thread.

I'll start off with "deep sea drilling and mining exploration"

A lot of country's around the world do it and make millions, recently big oil company's like Anadarko have been given the go ahead to explore a MASSIVE area of New Zealand, also access to conservation land.

I do like the idea of them striking oil and our country becoming wealthy, but will it,or will they? (the guys on top).

Also there's the issue of our country's reputation of being "clean and green" being stained, but more importantly i know that if something happened like in Mexico, we would be DOOOMED! and i don't really want our conservation land mined, it's all we got going for us.

Anyway wouldn't mind hearing the opinions from some of you who also live in beautiful country's, like Norway for instance, places that have beautiful scenery but have gone mad on mining and deep sea drilling....how has it affected the country?

...yeah i know my grammar sux
18.08.2014 - 22:04
no one
Account deleted
I myself would rather suck a dick with morals than a dirty smelly diseased infected one, whatever the cost
19.08.2014 - 08:10
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 19.08.2014 at 01:54

Written by Guest on 18.08.2014 at 22:04

I myself would rather suck a dick with morals than a dirty smelly diseased infected one, whatever the cost

Except those moral stands are doing nothing except antagonising the world. And whilst the US deplores Russian support of Ukranian rebels, they were arming and supporting Syrian and Libyan jihadi insurgents up to recently. And now they're bombing those same guys in Iraq.

Russian foreign policy makes sense if you understand Russian strategic imperatives (Hint: it's all about preventing another invasion through "strategic depth"). American/Western foreign policy is confused and ad hoc. It's why the Chinese, Russians and Arabs are making such inroads in terms of influence and the Americans/Europeans are losing control.

So in the end Eastern European will suffer because the Americans and their Anglo-French poodles are itching for a new Cold War. The anti-Russian rhetoric started long before Ukraine - indeed it was as soon as Putin started to get the country together. And the Americans are also going out of their way to antagonise China. Australian poodle is tagging along despite China being one of our main trading partners and having enough range of their nukes to level most major Australian cities.

yeah but if you suck that cock you are going to have to live with those stds, and as you say they have good strategies for taking over the world. Rather just suck americas cock even if it is a bit limp and his asshole smells.
19.08.2014 - 08:45
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 19.08.2014 at 08:18

America's STDs are even nastier right now.

For example Australia doesn't catch no STD even if Russia invades Ukraine.

On the other hand we catch a massive STD from America's fucking around in Syria in form of Australian jihadis coming back to Australia and potentially attacking our citizens. The shit in the Asia Pacific means Australia catches AIDS and dies if the whole US-China thing blows up.

If the Yanks occassionally thought about where they put their dick in, then we are better with them. But as it stands, America is a drunken sailor dipping his wick in any old dirty hole without any protection whatsoever.

International affairs is so much more fun if it's talked about in a sexual manner!

not sure about that australian jihad thing, sounds a bit far fetched to me but you have probably looked into it more than me. Australia doesn't catch an std, but what about ukraine? an then what other filthy depraved acts are made next?
19.08.2014 - 09:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 19.08.2014 at 08:52

I don't give a fuck about Ukraine.

poor ukraine
19.08.2014 - 16:14
0rpheus
Joke of the year:
Today, Egypt urged the U.S. authorities to exercise restraint in dealing with Ferguson demonstrations - echoing language the U.S. used to caution Egypt as it cracked down on Islamist protesters last year.

Both the U.S. and Egypt cannot lecture others on human rights until they sort out their own human rights abuses first!
----
I would prefer not to.
01.09.2014 - 21:07
no one
Account deleted
Two guys went into a social welfare office and shot two workers dead, that's big news here in nz, don't worry about any of that gaza ukraine shit
01.09.2014 - 22:10
Ilham
Giant robot
They're going to have a hard time getting that welfare now.
02.09.2014 - 12:15
no one
Account deleted
Because the accused was a homeless beneficiary and they just wouldn't give him any cheese burgers. It's ok though he will be getting regular meals now.

seriously though i'm not entirely sure, though being a homeless beneficiary you could make some guesses
04.09.2014 - 06:16
FOOCK Nam
Can those guy shooter join army ? I mean if they have no foods, army will provide..but yeah it's complicated but I'm just saying, I know Auckland is splendid but I didn't know there are homeless in nz, anyway are there lots of homeless in nz ?
04.09.2014 - 08:32
no one
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 04.09.2014 at 06:16

Can those guy shooter join army ? I mean if they have no foods, army will provide..but yeah it's complicated but I'm just saying, I know Auckland is splendid but I didn't know there are homeless in nz, anyway are there lots of homeless in nz ?

yeah there's a fair amount mainly in auckland but in wellington and christchurch too. In fact i think Christchurch has a lot more now after the earthquake which is where that guy had come from.
Im not sure about the army thing, i guess they could probably join, but i mean if your sick or junkie enough to not even get a job in a factory or something then your not going to have the motivation to go to the army.
04.09.2014 - 10:27
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 04.09.2014 at 08:32

Written by FOOCK Nam on 04.09.2014 at 06:16

yeah there's a fair amount mainly in auckland but in wellington and christchurch too. In fact i think Christchurch has a lot more now after the earthquake which is where that guy had come from.
Im not sure about the army thing, i guess they could probably join, but i mean if your sick or junkie enough to not even get a job in a factory or something then your not going to have the motivation to go to the army.

I do hear about Christchurch, there are less chinese over there, also the earthquake news I heard too, in 2011 I remember.. Never heard of Wellington, but I hear the name..well Auckland indeed is elegant, some vnese and lots of Chinese over there..

True what you say about the homeless. I think depends on people but I do think some homeless are antisocial, they are junkie themself which furthers worsening social relating which leads to struggle on mingling among social settings or crowds. Some of homeless can't join the army, they can get along with haha.. I had seen some American living most of their life in USA still wants to leave USA for living in different country, they have a life story about themselves which leave them sad memories, so they choose to move to different homeland.. I see the similar thing like mine that how I hate nam and move to some good Western place.. The good thing I see of western society is that: if you alone by yourself you can still live well by yourself, you are free to stand by your wing, you can have traumatic pain, family turmoil, in the end you are safe and able live by yourself, while in third world you always mandatorily forced to follow the crowd which is group of bunch grumpy ditto head, if you have trouble the crowd will bang you and control you for they think that what they think is good for you is true. The different between Free World and slave third part..
04.09.2014 - 21:36
no one
Account deleted
Yeah it's a pity some people in the western world take there freedom for granted house.
05.09.2014 - 21:59
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 04.09.2014 at 21:36

Yeah it's a pity some people in the western world take there freedom for granted house.

I been in England, it's true some ppl lazy taking unemployed - salary with housing - provided, I don't know there for now haven't visited for 20 years.. But in America, you need to work to funds yourself, just work, nobody care what you do, just a job you stand by your self..
02.10.2014 - 14:42
toxx
Supreme being
So, Norway has decided not to apply for the 2022 winter olympics. Good!

That leaves China and Kazakhstan then. Should be lovely for the corrupt snobs of the IOC.
02.10.2014 - 20:30
no one
Account deleted
Written by toxx on 02.10.2014 at 14:42

So, Norway has decided not to apply for the 2022 winter olympics. Good!

i thought norway would be winter sport gurus keen as
03.10.2014 - 12:47
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Guest on 02.10.2014 at 20:30

i thought norway would be winter sport gurus keen as

Well, yes, but the list of luxury demands from the IOC is a turnoff It would be nice if the olympics could be about the sport and the athletes, instead of being all about the money.
28.10.2014 - 23:19
FOOCK Nam
Has anybody noticed the current case in Iran, one woman get capital punished for killing one Iranian intelligence officer ?. She stated that she was trying to defend against being raped by that guy..
02.11.2015 - 13:01
Candlemass
Defaeco
Bad English, they were tourists...no need to politicize their deaths. They have nothing to do with the Polish or Malaysian planes.

Written by FOOCK Nam on 28.10.2014 at 23:19

Has anybody noticed the current case in Iran, one woman get capital punished for killing one Iranian intelligence officer ?. She stated that she was trying to defend against being raped by that guy..

No Jews involved, interest by dropped by 500%, no Americans involved interest dropped by 300%. The Saudis, being American allies are more interesting to the 'post-left'.
02.11.2015 - 21:41
FOOCK Nam
Written by Candlemass on 02.11.2015 at 13:01

Bad English, they were tourists...no need to politicize their deaths. They have nothing to do with the Polish or Malaysian planes.

Written by FOOCK Nam on 28.10.2014 at 23:19

No Jews involved, interest by dropped by 500%, no Americans involved interest dropped by 300%. The Saudis, being American allies are more interesting to the 'post-left'.

Yea, almost Middle east are non watched for supporting of exercising human rights. The case, that girl seems her sentenced is violated human rights, no doubt, i dont know for now how is her. She just defend her safety.. We all know Iran fundamental somewhat.

In afghan there are still more crazy case, even applied badly inflict on children.. US and the western still not done in Midddleeast.
24.01.2018 - 11:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like that Trump shut down UN, Palestianian and Pakistan finances. IMO western world shut stop finance world. Its like US is bad, but we needs your money and Pakistan. IMO Pakistan must had sanctions as N Korea and Iran now has to get a nuke. In region only India should have it, in west interest is see Pakistan week. They can do much more, to fight Tangos in a region.
About ambecy in Jerusalem, I agree, IMO whole EU should follow.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2018 - 15:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New Country name for Macedonia, Northen Macedopnia, its funny how nationalists in Macedonia hate it, same in Greece, ok they are not ready for EU , (btw same as Bulgaria and Romania and few other East Europe countrues what are there in), but still its progress. Even I want see not Macedonia but Sweden and Finland in NATO.

Finaly EU has made refugees agreement, its to late, Merkele understood she could lose, I wish rules would be more stricter for refugees, to save EU. Italian govrement is shit because they see Putin as mesdiah, but they had point about refugees ships,example Lybia coast guard could fix, but there some ship want ship them to EU. I have seen where Sweden turns to now even in north.

Somalia and Eritrea has peace agreement , so ....
----

apos;'
[image]
16.03.2020 - 23:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Saudi Aramco doubles down on output hike as price war intensifies

https://www.ft.com/content/83201f68-6790-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

What does they win, well Saudi and small Arab oil countries are ready to post oil period, but Venezuela, Iran, russia is not. Oil crises makes russian economy go down, remember every time mid 90, after ocupaction of crimea and other Times, pil price go down rubble steugles good no, money to russia, as me i like see them steugles, i Want see russia in mid 90 level, week and poor
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2020 - 13:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russian President Vladimir Putin has proposed at a Group of 20 (G20) video conference that a freeze be placed on economic sanctions to allow countries to better combat the coronavirus pandemic that has infected more than 500,000 worldwide and killed nearly 23,000 people.

https://www.rferl.org/a/30511615.html

I disagree, we can not show weakness, I think sanctions should stay till Russia move away troops from Ocupied Georgia, East Ukraine and gives back Crimea. I think we need more sanctions to Nord Stream 2 and their gas and oil industry. We cant show weakness here, otherwise Europe is gone. in Cold war we had no east Europe and our economics was super good, now?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.03.2020 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
North Macedonia joined the Alliance on 27 March 2020, when the instrument for its accession to the Washington Treaty (or the North Atlantic Treaty) was formally deposited with the US State Department.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_48830.htm
----

apos;'
[image]
28.03.2020 - 09:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To me its not winner military, only that balksns will not be influenced by ruskies. Next Step is EU. Good that they changed name. Sweden and Finland would be military win, soecially when its Russian ishue,

Son serbia will be alone there, i hope they will make right choice and be part of EU
----

apos;'
[image]
09.11.2020 - 11:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So Joe Biden won
Sorry people but in your life big dramatical changes wont happen,

Trump ios equal as Putin, Kim Chung Fok. Equal as Chinese comunist leader and so on. First president in US what talk like Putin, its face, stollen votes and so on. First president what rejects and refuse accept he loose.

Biden might go beck on Paris climate treaty, WHO
I dont think we need stop economic war whit China. I think he might fix a tensions whit Iran, even I agree Iran nuclear trethy must be modernize.
I hope Biden be so hard to Russia.
I agree whit Trumt , I would say 5% should go to military, not only 2% otherwise we Europeans always will need rely from US, because you cant trust tio France and Germany. I hope Nordstream 2 sanctions be harder.
So basically no big changes will happen in the world.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2020 - 09:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
War in Nagorny Karabach is over. Russia betrayed Armenien and will do it whit any country what they have military's help agreement ore modern day Warszawa packt. Well Georgia want to part of NATO and EU, Armenia chose alliance whit Russia. Big mistake, same time they did another one, try offensive on region and lost, Azerbaijan are to strong military and Turkey is behind, Russia cant do war whit them, Turkey is to big and it will destroy Russian economy what struggles big whit oil prices and poor EU sanctions what should be heavier IMO.
So piece was best , sad nationalists dont understand it. But then they send piece keepers there to 5 years, so maybe Volodimir Putman is not so dumb, maybe it was best strategical move in region. 5 years means basically forever and since they are there, non of countries cant move towards EU and Turkey lose power there and players as Iran as well.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2020 - 09:22
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 12.11.2020 at 09:07

War in Nagorny Karabach is over. Russia betrayed Armenien and will do it whit any country what they have military's help agreement ore modern day Warszawa packt. Well Georgia want to part of NATO and EU, Armenia chose alliance whit Russia. Big mistake, same time they did another one, try offensive on region and lost, Azerbaijan are to strong military and Turkey is behind, Russia cant do war whit them, Turkey is to big and it will destroy Russian economy what struggles big whit oil prices and poor EU sanctions what should be heavier IMO.
So piece was best , sad nationalists dont understand it. But then they send piece keepers there to 5 years, so maybe Volodimir Putman is not so dumb, maybe it was best strategical move in region. 5 years means basically forever and since they are there, non of countries cant move towards EU and Turkey lose power there and players as Iran as well.

I did not understand much of what you said here, you could possibly be insightful, but who knows in that poor English of yours.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.01.2021 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont get Navalny. He are poisoned in Russia not once, arrested. He runs to West but then always Returns to Russia and was arrested soon after. Rising own life. Putin wont go, west are ok that there are peace between EU and European Nato countries. So non will Do big things to help him, he cant change shit, so Why go there?
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2021 - 22:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
NATO was born because Europeans and Asians was afraid and still are from soviet inversion. All know article 5 on the Washington treaty what was activated once.

China remarks about Taiwan and what they did in Hongkong. Maybe not in next 10, but 30 years China can military invade in Taiwan. Asians has own issues they still dont like each other, but why Japan, S Korea and Taiwan, dont make alliance what works same as NATO? They are independent because USA has military bases there and they guarantee their freedom. China 15 years ago was not ready to war whit Uncle Sam, Now they are. N Korea was not idiot in power, worst idiot of 3 of his family. India has issues whit China, they open fire to each other in Hight maintain areas where border goes. Why not make some alliance ? I never get that why, they could be smarter.
----

apos;'
[image]