Metal Storm logo
Deicide

Original post

Posted by Hylia, 20.05.2006 - 20:09
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
26.05.2008 - 04:56
Stigmatized
Written by Clintagräm on 26.05.2008 at 03:53

Am I the only person who thinks Glen's vocals these days totally blow? I mean, the guy had some killer pipes back in the day, but anymore he sounds like an old, poor, muddled mess. Sure, they're brutal, but totally incomprehensible. They do fit the music, but it seems like he doesn't even try to pronounce words anymore. (Not that the words he writes are that great, but damn.)

I think they've always been terrible. The only album I enjoy is SOR, but that's due to Ralph Santolla's and Jack Owen's guitar playing. Glen vocals are basically, IMO, retarded.
26.05.2008 - 10:30
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 26.05.2008 at 03:53

Am I the only person who thinks Glen's vocals these days totally blow? I mean, the guy had some killer pipes back in the day, but anymore he sounds like an old, poor, muddled mess. Sure, they're brutal, but totally incomprehensible. They do fit the music, but it seems like he doesn't even try to pronounce words anymore. (Not that the words he writes are that great, but damn.)

I agree with you on this
10.07.2008 - 01:26
lenesu
See for yourself
Lunatics Of God Creation live in 1991 http://youtube.com/watch?v=1lYfwgKZ0_M&feature=related
Lunatics OF God Creation live in 1998 http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gpp6zFIS1CM&feature=related

Its Obvoius. Benton must leave the band. He sucks comparing to what he did back in the early 90's.
04.08.2008 - 01:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
They're good
I love the production of "Scars Of The Crucifix"!
I think Benton is sort of too old to have imaginary friends though :
I really hope he's joking and that he's not really a THEISTIC Satanist.
04.08.2008 - 02:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by lenesu on 10.07.2008 at 01:26

See for yourself
Lunatics Of God Creation live in 1991 http://youtube.com/watch?v=1lYfwgKZ0_M&feature=related
Lunatics OF God Creation live in 1998 http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gpp6zFIS1CM&feature=related

Its Obvoius. Benton must leave the band. He sucks comparing to what he did back in the early 90's.

I haven't seen those links yet, but I saw Deicide in 2006 and Benton tore it up. He even played in Vital Remains before Deicide, so he did vocals for about two hours and sounded strong the whole way through.
09.08.2008 - 04:38
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 04.08.2008 at 02:13

Written by lenesu on 10.07.2008 at 01:26

See for yourself

I haven't seen those links yet, but I saw Deicide in 2006 and Benton tore it up. He even played in Vital Remains before Deicide, so he did vocals for about two hours and sounded strong the whole way through.

hold on.....you saw a show with Vital Remains and Deicide on the same bill?

damn. hats off to Benton
09.08.2008 - 04:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yep. I had to choose between that show and Arch Enemy/Chimaira, and I think I chose wisely
10.08.2008 - 07:05
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@pyroleprechaun:
man you are so priveleged and you don't realise it lol
the second one i woulda chose arch enemy
definately.
12.08.2008 - 22:54
superDBZman
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.08.2008 at 07:05

@pyroleprechaun:
man you are so priveleged and you don't realise it lol
the second one i woulda chose arch enemy
definately.

Arch Enemy is a joke
13.08.2008 - 06:58
Demonmayonnaise
Ive never listened to this band. Any suggestions on which album I should get first?
13.08.2008 - 07:23
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 13.08.2008 at 06:58

Ive never listened to this band. Any suggestions on which album I should get first?

Well, you should just listen to "The Stench of Redemption". That's the best work done by Deicide.
13.08.2008 - 08:08
Demonmayonnaise
Written by Hamird on 13.08.2008 at 07:23

Written by Demonmayonnaise on 13.08.2008 at 06:58

Well, you should just listen to "The Stench of Redemption". That's the best work done by Deicide.

Alright man, thanks. Ill be sure to pick it up next time at the record store.
13.08.2008 - 16:49
Not to disagree with Hamird, but a lot of people would say that Legion and the Self-Titled debut album are by far their best, myself included.
14.08.2008 - 02:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@superDBZman: wtf? they kick ass. Like Chimaira are ANY better AT ALL :

@X-Caliber: well that's their latest, i ain actually all that familiar with that one.....but "Scars Of The Crucifix" or "Serpents Of The Light" are the records that stand out most to me!
14.08.2008 - 06:27
Demonmayonnaise
Maybe Ill just check out a couple of em. I think Ill start out with the first two.
14.08.2008 - 22:58
totaliteraliter
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 14.08.2008 at 06:27

Maybe Ill just check out a couple of em. I think Ill start out with the first two.

Good plan. Those are old-school death metal classics by most people's standards and show what Deicide was about when they actually had a reason for existence. Check out Stench if you want soulless virtuosity and a whole lot of generic.
07.12.2010 - 20:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We all know band once wa sknow Amon
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=19625
whit in this pic is Glen Benton man whity black hair?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.12.2010 - 14:39
Written by Bad English on 07.12.2010 at 20:27

I don't know which one is him, but this band should be much better than Deicide's current material if they ever put anything out.
15.12.2010 - 15:51
Demonmayonnaise
I'm going to see these guys in March, anyone seen them before?
16.12.2010 - 04:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've seen them before...its quite an intense show...I was up in the mezzanine watching the chaos below and whenever was leaving there was blood, pieces of clothing, shards of glass, shoes...
19.12.2010 - 02:40
Richard
Elite
Written by theflyingmachine on 08.12.2010 at 14:39

Written by Bad English on 07.12.2010 at 20:27

I don't know which one is him, but this band should be much better than Deicide's current material if they ever put anything out.

The fellow with black hair in that picture is defintely Glen Benton. As for available Amon material, on the Deicide CD 'Amon - Feasting the Beast' there are some old demo tracks from the band from back when they were called Amon. The songs are basically just old primitive versions of songs that would be re-made to appear on the first Deicide album.
----
19.12.2010 - 02:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 19.12.2010 at 02:40

The fellow with black hair in that picture is defintely Glen Benton. As for available Amon material, on the Deicide CD 'Amon - Feasting the Beast' there are some old demo tracks from the band from back when they were called Amon. The songs are basically just old primitive versions of songs that would be re-made to appear on the first Deicide album.

he looks so young, one of fiew caes when I cant recognise mussicans in old pics
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2010 - 03:20
Richard
Elite
Written by Bad English on 19.12.2010 at 02:52

Written by Richard on 19.12.2010 at 02:40

he looks so young, one of fiew caes when I cant recognise mussicans in old pics

The beard he had later on makes a big difference, I suppose. But Benton didn't have a beard on Deicide's debut album either so I recognise him from that.

Apparently he was born in 1967 and Amon started in 1987. 20 is still quite young, but a lot of bands started when the members were much younger than that...
----
07.06.2012 - 07:00
JD
Account deleted
Looks like Deicide's official facebook page and their official website are down.
07.06.2012 - 07:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Benton's probably ashamed that their latest album doesn't compete with Liar in Wait...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.06.2012 - 07:13
JD
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.06.2012 at 07:07

Benton's probably ashamed that their latest album doesn't compete with Liar in Wait...

haha
18.06.2012 - 07:36
@Akeldama017 Check out Once upon a cross,Serpents of the light,and scars of the crucifix you won't be sorry.
----
No Mosh, No Core, No trends, No Fun
27.06.2012 - 13:21
bloodmachine
I actually think the new album is pretty fucking good, and I also enjoyed "Horror In The Halls Of Stone" off the "Til Death" album, however, Glen's vox are nerve racking, think how good they'd be with a really good death metal singer. But again, agree with most of you, their earlier work is incredible. Still a very "viable" band though.
27.06.2012 - 15:08
I found their newest to be weak and it wasn't as heavy as the past albums. But, I'm probably biased since I haven't liked an album from them since Serpents of the light
08.07.2012 - 08:12
misantrope
The first song I heard with Deicide was "When satan rules his world". A colleague of mine brought a tape and played it in our bus,
and I got sold on the spot. Some years ago I read an interview with Benton.
He was asked about his singing teqnique so he explained how he manage to sing like he does. He ended with saying that he thinks
anyone can do it with a little bit of training. So off course I started to work on my growling, in my studenthome when my roommates
where out and while driving in my car. And mostly to the songs from the "Once upon the cross" album (and "Ashes of the wake" by
Lamb of god). I´ve been in two different bands for six years now and I´m not planning to stop before the age of Benton.

And I think the latest album was surprisingly great.