Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne

21.05.2006 - 16:55
Stigmatized
Here is an open discussion thread for one of the true legends of metal....Ozzy Osbourne. If you don't know who he is, something is wrong. Especially since he is currently enjoying great fame due to the success of his MTV shows "The Osbournes" and "Battle for Ozzfest". Some may say he has sold out, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions to metal.

Over the years, Ozzy has had some great guitar players under his belt. Players such as Randy Rhoads, who died tragically in a plane crash on March 19, 1982. He also had Jake E. Lee and his current player, Zakk Wylde...also of Black Label Society fame.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ozzy, good or bad, just be sure to stay on topic and no spamming.
21.05.2006 - 17:05
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I admire Ozzy. He's a great influence in metal. Just a shame that he's so troubled by the effects of his former abuse of drugs and alcohol and of course his Parkin disease.
Saw him last year with Black Sabbath at Roskilde Festival. Great show. It's so clear that he just love to stand in front of a crowd rocking his ass of. Awesome performance for a guy his age.

Haven't much to say about "The Osbournes". Funny as hell, but also a little sad.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.05.2006 - 04:18
Stigmatized
This may sound weird, but I really didn't know he had Parkin disease (not sure if that's the right spelling, but I can't do any better). I thought it was all from his abuse of drugs and alchohol.
31.05.2006 - 16:03
TheKreator
Account deleted
Ozzy is one of THE best heavy metal vocalists of all times...regardless the bands he played in, he was great...he will always be remmeberd for what he had to offer...i also love Randy Rhoads' guitar play...the riffs were absolutely amazing, and he showed such technicity that not many guitarist can hope for...my only disapointemnt is that i never got to see him on stage playing along with Ozzy...come to think about it, i never saw Ozzy live either
31.05.2006 - 21:12
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@ Dream_of_Hate: yes you've spelled it right...it's not Parkinson's disease but something that is in the same category or something like that. Read it in a Danish newspaper a couple of months ago.

@ TheKreator: you sure missed out on something by not seeing him live...I for sure will never forget it
----

01.06.2006 - 06:06
Daru Jericho
Yeah, I enjoy Ozzy's music from time to time but I can't listen to it all in one go. It sort of gets boring for me. Still, he has a unique voice (except that copycat from Hellfueled) which is worth listening to.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

01.06.2006 - 09:09
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
You know what is blasphemy in an ungrim way? The fact that I heard a rap artist using a sample of the intro of Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" would be the best example of it. Randy Rhoads must be screaming from his grave.

Anyway, any Metalhead has a debt with this guy and, even if they no longer like them for his exposure in the media by his TV program: The Osbournes, they should keep some respect towards him no matter. Anything he could possibly do now will not take what he did in the past away.

I prefer Ozzy in Black Sabbath but his career had jewels that can compare to his works in Black Sabbath. It is just that with Black Sabbath his works were more consistent, even under the influence of drugs. lol
----
Christless
01.06.2006 - 11:18
Joseph
hehehehe Nice one @darth Satanious : It is just that with Black Sabbath his works were more consistent, even under the influence of drugs. lol .
well i adore Ozzy With black Sabbath he did a great job in this band and i am sure that all metalheads Respect A musician like Ozzy Osbourne .
----
Life ends so fast so take your chance and make it last .
01.06.2006 - 11:59
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@.:ZomBie:.

It is funny because is true. lol Around the last years and works of Ozzy Osbourne with Black Sabbath, they were strongly under the influence of drugs. I have some videos from Black Sabbath here were Ozzy Osbourne seems to be "possessed" by some kind of demon which makes him jump, headbang and seem like a madman, all because of the use of drugs I think (I could be wrong of course). What makes me think that this could be the case would be the fact that I own and have seen their "Never Say Die" DVD which has a very different attitude from Ozzy here. He is more clamed. I bet that they told themselves not to do drugs before the show because it was going to be recorded and therefore they should evade anything that could screw the recording of the DVD up. lol

In their "Past Lives" live compilation we have Ozzy Osbourne proving that he is under the use of drugs. It is not as if we can predict it by just listening to his voice but we have him making a comment, he asks the crowd: "Are you high!?" to which he answers: "So am I!" lol I mentioned that one thing before because some people attribute their use of drugs to the quality of their latest recording with Ozzy but I don't see it that way, I think that they just couldn't bring something as great as their firsts album, as it is the case of most of the other bands. Their first albums are the greatest ones.
----
Christless
12.07.2006 - 06:55
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
They are making a stop off of their Ozzfest dates to play in Bonner Springs, Kansas. Only about 40 miles from where I live. I am going to see Ozzy, BLS, Unearth, and Atreyu with three of my friends. I was wondering, does anyone know a typical setlist for the man? Or does he change it up now and then? I also hope they play some Sabbath songs.
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.07.2006 - 16:01
Bankler
Account deleted
Ozzy is one of the greates metal-legend ever. He was greates when he was singing in Black Sabbath. Dio was a better singer but Ozzy got carisma. Even now when the drugs made him
22.09.2006 - 12:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like Ozzy specely in Black Sabbath era it was great, but this tread are about his sollo carier, so
i like first 2 albusm they are unigue and specely whit Randy Rouds era, leither albums are more to glam style, but lats well cover wersion album ''All The Young Dudes'' its wost cover of this song what I hear
About 90ties era albums are great but seems Ozzy has overdosed in 80ties
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2006 - 10:26
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I love Ozzy's solo career, one of my first Metal bands, if not the first.My favourite album was definatly The Ultimate Sin, followed by Blizzard Of Oz and Ozzmosis.
24.09.2006 - 16:31
Stigmatized
How does everyone feel about the "Down to Earth" album, with the track "Dreamer"?
26.09.2006 - 10:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Stigmatized on 24.09.2006 at 16:31

How does everyone feel about the "Down to Earth" album, with the track "Dreamer"?

Have only heard 'Dreamer'. It's an ok track, but gets a llittle boring. The message in the lyrics is great though.
----

22.10.2006 - 11:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 26.09.2006 at 10:59

Written by Stigmatized on 24.09.2006 at 16:31

Have only heard 'Dreamer'. It's an ok track, but gets a llittle boring. The message in the lyrics is great though.

haha its like listening Black Sabbath song ''Paranoid'' this song are fast but other album are slow like doom, blues
Dreamer are same, becaus eother album songs are heavyer
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2007 - 13:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
NP: mr crowley. RIP rhandy roades, the best guitarist ozzy osbourne could have found..
19.03.2007 - 23:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So, Zakk's writing two Ozzy albums, right? It'll be interesting to hear how Ozzy sounds lol, but I'm sure the music will be great. I was thinking....Shot to Hell was a really shitty album, and I'm guessing Zakk wanted to save his best music for Ozzy....or at least that's what I'm hoping for
19.03.2007 - 23:52
UpTheIrons666
The man may be incoherent and pitiful off stage, but when I saw him live with Sabbath at Ozzfest 2005, he was unbelievable. Running all over the stage, jumping around, He can still perform with the best of them.
20.03.2007 - 12:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Yeah when the man gets on a stage he's a totally different person than the one you see on TV. So much energy and carisma...you can really see that performing live is what he lives for
----

21.03.2007 - 00:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by UpTheIrons666 on 19.03.2007 at 23:52

The man may be incoherent and pitiful off stage, but when I saw him live with Sabbath at Ozzfest 2005, he was unbelievable. Running all over the stage, jumping around, He can still perform with the best of them.

Really? because he played in my city not long ago and he was sitting on a stool more than half the time, it was sad, then he mooned the audience at the end.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.03.2007 - 09:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Dr.Rock: that doesn't sound like the Ozzy I experienced in 2005. He was every where on stage, emptied an endless number of buckets full with water onto the audience, commented things in between songs and things like that...
----

22.03.2007 - 16:43
Lord TJ
Dr. Rock maybe you saw Ozzy all dul because Ozzy didnt get a happy meal before the concert? People arent so great performing while hungry.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
22.03.2007 - 22:21
UpTheIrons666
HAHA HAPPY MEALS!
23.03.2007 - 18:58
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@TJ D: ROFL...good one
----

24.03.2007 - 11:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
I don't know why but I never like Ozzy... That's one of the main reasons I don't like Black Sabbath too... Something in his voice irritates me, something in his attitude makes me mad at him, I don't know, something makes me wanna go and tell him in his face "Fuck off you retard!!!" But I won't do it because I'm a good person. I think he's one of the most overrated singers of all time in metal! Come one, what's so special about him???
Go decapitate a parrot man!
----
Bitch! Please
27.03.2007 - 18:53
hybridstigmata47
Account deleted
in my opinion, ozzy and black sabbath made metal what it is today. they were a great band. but, today ozzy is just a washed up old fucker who is drunk 24/7. he like to think he still has it, but we all know that isnt true:no:
27.03.2007 - 19:03
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@hybridstigmata47: well I don't agree with you on the last part about him having lost 'it'. He definitely had it when I saw him live two years ago...he might have lost 'it' since then
----

22.05.2007 - 20:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard the new album yet? I was going to buy it today, but after hearing it last night, I don't think it's worth it. Unlike the classic Ozzy albums, this one really isn't catchy and most of the songs are slow. Thanks to studio magic, Ozzy's voice sounds better than I thought, even though it's obviously layered.
23.05.2007 - 13:09
Hyvaarin
I've heard samples of all the songs, and it really didn't impress me. Just seemed like really typical dumb "metal". Someone on another board raised an interesting question - what do you think the chances that Sharon brought in a ringer to record instead of Ozzy?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."