Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 21.05.2006 - 16:55
Here is an open discussion thread for one of the true legends of metal....Ozzy Osbourne. If you don't know who he is, something is wrong. Especially since he is currently enjoying great fame due to the success of his MTV shows "The Osbournes" and "Battle for Ozzfest". Some may say he has sold out, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions to metal.

Over the years, Ozzy has had some great guitar players under his belt. Players such as Randy Rhoads, who died tragically in a plane crash on March 19, 1982. He also had Jake E. Lee and his current player, Zakk Wylde...also of Black Label Society fame.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ozzy, good or bad, just be sure to stay on topic and no spamming.
01.03.2009 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I guess Ozzy is recording a new album right now and is again sticking with Kevin Churko, the guy who mixed/produced/whatever albums for Britney Spears, Lisa Marie Presley, Celine Dion, and his last album, Black Rain. Looks like it's going to be another failure just like his last few albums
17.10.2009 - 12:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 01.03.2009 at 01:39

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I guess Ozzy is recording a new album right now and is again sticking with Kevin Churko, the guy who mixed/produced/whatever albums for Britney Spears, Lisa Marie Presley, Celine Dion, and his last album, Black Rain. Looks like it's going to be another failure just like his last few albums

Well, if it's anything like his last few albums, we'll get 2 good songs out of a dozen...Hopefully I can find the next one used for cheap just like I did with Black Rain...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.10.2009 - 12:52
Znoy
I have Black Rain. But maybe in December 09 will be something more ПРОДВИНУТОЕ enjoyable?! Ozzy must as a "big man" do bombs. Money eat all talents.
18.10.2009 - 05:53
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Comin up in middle school, ozzy was my favorite of all time...from black sabbath through solo career etc. if it was ozzy, it was the shit...but after awhile, shit got gay and i don't keep up with him anymore.
16.11.2009 - 02:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I just heard Tim owens and Ynwie malmsteen's cover of Mr. Crowley. That is an epic fucking cover.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.11.2009 - 01:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dangerboner on 01.03.2009 at 01:39

Gah...."Black Rain" for the most part, sucked. Apart from about 3 songs. Ozzy hasn't released a great album since "No More Tears", and the chances of him releasing another, is very slim. Iv'e heard that Ozzmosis was originally done with Michael Wagner producing, and sounded very different from the album which actually got released. Apparently, the original was recorded with Mike Inez on bass, and Randy Castillo on drums. The record company heard the tracks, and a new producer was brought in, and 7 tracks were scrapped. Michael Wagner himself has said the tracks he produced were much more like the "No More Tears" album, and generally more upbeat and heavier. I wish these songs would see the light of day, as they sound as if they'd be much better than most of what ended up on the final album.
18.04.2010 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=10736
news says Gus G new guitarist where is Zakk or there be 2 guitarist now or Zakk quit Ozzy if yes why?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2010 - 17:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2010 at 16:24

news says Gus G new guitarist where is Zakk or there be 2 guitarist now or Zakk quit Ozzy if yes why?

Zakk is no longer in the band. Ozzy fired him because he thought his solo material was starting to sound ''too much like Black Label''. (as in Black Label Society, Zakk's band) Gus G is the new guitarist in Ozzy's band.
18.04.2010 - 17:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.04.2010 at 17:42

Written by Bad English on 18.04.2010 at 16:24

Zakk is no longer in the band. Ozzy fired him because he thought his solo material was starting to sound ''too much like Black Label''. (as in Black Label Society, Zakk's band) Gus G is the new guitarist in Ozzy's band.

Realy there no info about it when it hepen?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.04.2010 - 22:42
Zuzuz0r
For some reason I never liked Ozzy's solo stuff, only song I love is Crazy Train(even I was learning it on guitar), but for the rest, I never liked.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
18.04.2010 - 23:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Zuzuz0r: What about Bark At The Moon? Don't forget Bark At The Moon...
18.04.2010 - 23:29
Zuzuz0r
Yeah, that song is good too, but well, I've never liked him that much, and those songs aren't the only ones I know, I've heard entire albums, and well, I prefer a lot more what he did in Black Sabbath.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
10.12.2010 - 18:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody can help me this is some bootleg CD, Ozzy wears red t shirt and sun glasses, its sortha 6 song tape whit ballads and one song was whit Lita Ford , but maybe someone can help me whit bootleg title my friend use to have it
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2014 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-a-good-rock-and-roll-show-to-me-is-better-than-sex/
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2014 - 12:44
Ganondox
Meh singer for some amazing bands.
21.11.2014 - 12:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2014 at 12:44

only 2 bands
----

apos;'
[image]
22.11.2014 - 07:12
Ganondox
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2014 at 12:46

Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2014 at 12:44

only 2 bands

And they are both awesome.
30.11.2014 - 02:34
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I'm a a big fan of Ozzy and his vocal style. I think if fits ideally with the early Sabbath albums in that he sounds a bit deranged.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
07.01.2020 - 08:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
16.01.2020 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
The new documentary "Biography: The Nine Lives Of Ozzy Osbourne" will premiere at this spring's South By Southwest festival. The film, which A&E produced as part of its "Biography" series, will celebrate the life of rock icon and godfather of heavy metal Ozzy Osbourne and features interviews with Sharon Osbourne, Rick Rubin, Ice-T, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Jonathan Davis and Post Malone. According to Rolling Stone, Ozzy, Sharon and Jack Osbourne executive produced the picture, which former "Osbournes" producer R. Greg Johnston directed.

"I use the talent of making people feel somewhat entertained when I was goofing around ? to take it onstage with my music, I suppose, is the same kind of a thing," Ozzy says in the documentary trailer, which can be seen here.
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2020 - 20:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ozzy Osbourne reveals Parkinson's disease diagnosis

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51191615
----

apos;'
[image]
18.12.2020 - 16:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OZZY OSBOURNE Is 'Halfway Done' With Next Album; ROBERT TRUJILLO, TAYLOR HAWKINS To Guest

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-halfway-done-with-next-album-robert-trujillo-taylor-hawkins-to-guest/
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2022 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
During an appearance on the “Talk Is Jericho” podcast, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, who played on Ozzy Osbourne‘s last studio album, 2020’s “Ordinary Man”, confirmed that he will also appear on the legendary Black Sabbath singer’s follow-up effort. “We made another [Ozzy album], and it’s getting mastered tomorrow,” he said. “We’ve got Robert Trujillo [Metallica] playing on some songs, who’s been in Ozzy‘s band. Duff’s [McKagan, Guns N’ Roses bassist] on a couple again. Me and [producer/guitarist] Andrew [Watt] are doing it.”

https://chaoszine.net/new-ozzy-osbourne-album-to-feature-pearl-jams-mike-mccready-queens-of-the-stone-ages-josh-homme/
----

apos;'
[image]
10.04.2022 - 10:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ozzy Osbourne has completed work on his new studio album. The follow-up to 2020's "Ordinary Man" will be released later this year via Epic Records.

Earlier today (Saturday, April 9), Ozzy took to his social media to share a new picture of him taken by legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin, and he included the following message: "I'm so happy to let everyone know that I finished my new album this week and delivered it to my label Epic Records. I'll be sharing all the information about the album and its' upcoming release with you in the next several weeks."
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2022 - 07:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sharon Osbourne has offered a health update on her husband, legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne.

Appearing on tonight's episode of Piers Morgan's TalkTV show "Uncensored", Sharon stated about the BLACK SABBATH frontman: "He's doing okay. He's got one more operation left to do and then he's dying to come back home.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2022 - 07:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 28.04.2022 at 07:30

Sharon Osbourne has offered a health update on her husband, legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne.

Appearing on tonight's episode of Piers Morgan's TalkTV show "Uncensored", Sharon stated about the BLACK SABBATH frontman: "He's doing okay. He's got one more operation left to do and then he's dying to come back home.

He is old and make up even whit it he is in bad shake, looks old, I dont think there ever will be big world tour ..this might be last album.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2022 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ozzy Osbourne has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.

The news of the legendary heavy metal singer's diagnosis was shared by his wife and manager Sharon earlier today (Thursday, April 28) on her new show "The Talk UK".

"Ozzy was only diagnosed... It was, like, middle of the night [U.K.] time. I spoke to him and he's okay," she said in a clip uploaded by TMZ.

"I am very worried about Ozzy right now," she added. "We've gone two years without him catching COVID and it's just Ozzy's luck he would get it now."
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2022 - 07:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ozzy Osbourne is "doing well and on the road to recovery" after undergoing surgery to remove and realign pins in his neck and back.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-is-doing-well-and-on-the-road-to-recovery-after-undergoing-surgery
----

apos;'
[image]
15.07.2022 - 13:00
heavyriffs
Account deleted
Old but gold
23.12.2022 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sharon Osbourne shares health update on Instagram after hospital scare

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/sharon-osbourne-health-update-hopsital-b2248422.html

I always thought she is iron lade, iron woman, but age takes all, I hope she is OK. Whit out her Ozzy would never live so long, amazing job she has done whit him.
----

apos;'
[image]