Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 21.05.2006 - 16:55
Here is an open discussion thread for one of the true legends of metal....Ozzy Osbourne. If you don't know who he is, something is wrong. Especially since he is currently enjoying great fame due to the success of his MTV shows "The Osbournes" and "Battle for Ozzfest". Some may say he has sold out, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions to metal.

Over the years, Ozzy has had some great guitar players under his belt. Players such as Randy Rhoads, who died tragically in a plane crash on March 19, 1982. He also had Jake E. Lee and his current player, Zakk Wylde...also of Black Label Society fame.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ozzy, good or bad, just be sure to stay on topic and no spamming.
25.09.2007 - 19:41
Olli
My stepdads obsessed with him.. he has every single cd and record hes ever made lol.
He's not bad but when you've been overdosed on him like I have... eurgh.
I prefer Dio in black sabbath, but I think his best work was in black sabbath too.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.09.2007 - 21:48
Lord TJ
Ozzy is a tough one on me. He's the prince of darkness and most well-known icon in metal. He is also incredibly over rated! I like him in the late 70's and 80's. He's old now, I don't think he should make anymore albums, but instead just throw concerts playing his old stuff, I mean come on, thats what majority wants to hear from him live anymore right?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
19.02.2008 - 14:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
--Interview--

Sunrise Music correspondent Molly Meldrum conducted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne during the recent US leg of the singer's "Black Rain" tour. The full and uncut 45-minute chat can be viewed at this location.
20.02.2008 - 22:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Lord TJ on 25.09.2007 at 21:48

Ozzy is a tough one on me. He's the prince of darkness and most well-known icon in metal. He is also incredibly over rated! I like him in the late 70's and 80's. He's old now, I don't think he should make anymore albums, but instead just throw concerts playing his old stuff, I mean come on, thats what majority wants to hear from him live anymore right?

Not true, I enjoyed the first 3 tracks on his new album (unfortunately save for 1 or 2 other songs the rest of the album was pretty unexciting). I don't think hes overrated because I don't think hes celebrated very much for his current stuff but hes still held in reverence because of the influences him and his old band made (Black something or other...). I mean, I talk to people who really like his new stuff, but I don't think hes overrated because I don't hear people talking about how genius his new music is or anything.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.02.2008 - 12:19
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I don't find him overrated either for pretty much the same reasons as Dr.Rock. I like most of the songs on his new album, but I'm not too fond of the Black Sabbath stuff
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.02.2008 - 21:29
Raining Blood
Ozzy is great but I prefer his older stuff with Black Sabbath back in the 70s and most of his 80s stuff. He is kind of old now and he should be playing concerts for his old stuff and stop making new albums because that is what I would prefer to hear
23.02.2008 - 09:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Raining Blood on 21.02.2008 at 21:29

and stop making new albums because that is what I would prefer to hear

Bahaha.

As previously stated, even his new albums have 3 or 4 songs that are good, and in my opinion its worth it.
----
- George Carlin
23.02.2008 - 09:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I've been meaning to buy 'Blizzard of Ozz' for some time but haven't ever got around to it. I'd get it for the song "Mr.Crowley" alone. Can anyone comment on the album as a whole?
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.02.2008 - 12:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Clintagräm on 23.02.2008 at 09:22

I've been meaning to buy 'Blizzard of Ozz' for some time but haven't ever got around to it. I'd get it for the song "Mr.Crowley" alone. Can anyone comment on the album as a whole?

Diary of a Madman is my favorite Ozzy album, with Blizzard of Oz being my second. When I bought Blizzard, I was already tired of Crazy Train because I had listened to it thousands of times. Diary has two of my favorite songs by him - Over the Mountain and Flying High Again.
23.02.2008 - 20:33
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 23.02.2008 at 12:02

Diary of a Madman is my favorite Ozzy album, with Blizzard of Oz being my second. When I bought Blizzard, I was already tired of Crazy Train because I had listened to it thousands of times. Diary has two of my favorite songs by him - Over the Mountain and Flying High Again.

Yeah, I understand, that's his most popular song. But I think songs like 'Mr.Crowley';'Suicide Solution'; and 'Goodbye to Romance' are all better than that one. I'll look into his second album, I'm not as familiar with it.
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.02.2008 - 22:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 23.02.2008 at 12:02

I was already tired of Crazy Train because I had listened to it thousands of times

Who hasn't heard that song a couple thousand times?
----
- George Carlin
22.04.2008 - 12:59
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Ozzy is great but I prefer his older version when he was in a Black Sabbath in the 70s and 80s
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
08.09.2008 - 23:37
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by ArtiA on 22.04.2008 at 12:59

Ozzy is great but I prefer his older version when he was in a Black Sabbath in the 70s and 80s

So like when he was younger? Like this young?
----
(space for rent)
10.09.2008 - 08:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
ozzy is a goddamn conundrum. the man cant speak a word of english in his interviews, yet is the overly clear voice of black sabbath and his solo works. it is absolutely beyond me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.09.2008 - 18:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 10.09.2008 at 08:57

ozzy is a goddamn conundrum. the man cant speak a word of english in his interviews, yet is the overly clear voice of black sabbath and his solo works. it is absolutely beyond me.

Lol, yeah I was surprised he actually sang very well at Monsters Of Rock.
----
- George Carlin
11.09.2008 - 18:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 11.09.2008 at 18:37

i guess theres hope for him yet hahaha. sharon, on the other hand, is the antichrist...there is no hope for her.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.09.2008 - 18:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 11.09.2008 at 18:44

i guess theres hope for him yet hahaha. sharon, on the other hand, is the antichrist...there is no hope for her.

Ironically the only reason there is hope for Ozzy is because of Sharon.
----
- George Carlin
12.09.2008 - 01:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 11.09.2008 at 18:49

mmm...i only half agree with that simply because ozzy couldnt handle any of the duties that sharon does. but the fact that sharon manages ozzys shit doesnt change the fact that shes a royal bitch.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

12.09.2008 - 01:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 12.09.2008 at 01:12

Written by Doc G. on 11.09.2008 at 18:49

mmm...i only half agree with that simply because ozzy couldnt handle any of the duties that sharon does. but the fact that sharon manages ozzys shit doesnt change the fact that shes a royal bitch.

Oh no doubt there will be celebrations when she croaks in a few centuries (because we all know shes going to outlive all of us, regardless of that bullshit 'Suicide Pact' she has with Ozzy). But honestly Ozzy would probably be dead now if it wasn't for her.
----
- George Carlin
12.09.2008 - 01:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

Oh no doubt there will be celebrations when she croaks in a few centuries (because we all know shes going to outlive all of us, regardless of that bullshit 'Suicide Pact' she has with Ozzy). But honestly Ozzy would probably be dead now if it wasn't for her.

hahahaha i dont know anything about a suicide pact but, in a few hundred years i hope bruce dickinson sings at her funeral, just out of spite.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

12.09.2008 - 01:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've seen Sharon's bewbs. They're on the internets.
20.11.2008 - 19:01
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I just came across this and found it rather entertaining.
----
(space for rent)
23.11.2008 - 10:02
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Hahah i saw that new cell phone spot with him doing his slurred speaking and then just sending a text cuz they cant understand him hahah good cash in
23.11.2008 - 13:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Ozzy is a BITCH. yes a BITCH for doing World of Warcraft AND samsung commercials. fucking whore.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 00:36
Hrothdane
Written by LeChron James on 23.11.2008 at 13:08

Ozzy is a BITCH. yes a BITCH for doing World of Warcraft AND samsung commercials. fucking whore.

I think the commercials were rather well done and they made me laugh, which is the point isn't it?

Despite what people may think, its probably more of a strategic image move rather than a money issue for him at this point. He hasn't got much press recently and its a way for him to go "hey I'm still here."

Besides, he will never be as bad as Gene Simmons at whoring his image out.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
24.11.2008 - 02:22
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Hrothdane on 24.11.2008 at 00:36

I think the commercials were rather well done and they made me laugh, which is the point isn't it?

Despite what people may think, its probably more of a strategic image move rather than a money issue for him at this point. He hasn't got much press recently and its a way for him to go "hey I'm still here."

yeah gene simmons is a whore. always was, always will be.

yeah the commercials were funny, but the last thing i need to see while watching shitty television is ozzy endorsing world of warcraft? i mean come on, the one where hes endorsing samsung is funny. but WoW is just bad. Mr. fucking T did a WoW commercial...

and if he really wants to say "im still here", he should write some killer music and one up Dio and Heaven and Hell. wouldnt that be how you would go about a comeback? upstaging your rival?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 02:41
Hrothdane
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:22

Written by Hrothdane on 24.11.2008 at 00:36

yeah gene simmons is a whore. always was, always will be.

yeah the commercials were funny, but the last thing i need to see while watching shitty television is ozzy endorsing world of warcraft? i mean come on, the one where hes endorsing samsung is funny. but WoW is just bad. Mr. fucking T did a WoW commercial...

and if he really wants to say "im still here", he should write some killer music and one up Dio and Heaven and Hell. wouldnt that be how you would go about a comeback? upstaging your rival?

I have played WoW for years (admittedly too much in the first couple years), and I found it just as hilarious as any of the other WoW commercials and reflective of the designers' sense of humor. The commercials with Mr. T and the guy from the Sopranos made me go O_o, but the Ozzy, Shatner, and Mini-Me commercials were great.

As for him trying to go "I'm still here," its less about a comeback and more about just keeping your face out there so that when you DO something people won't think "who the hell is this guy?" or "why haven't I seen him in forever?" I know it sounds weird, but thats how show business works
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
28.11.2008 - 10:38
Jewfasa
Account deleted
I never really ever liked ozzys voice it always sounded the exact same in every song.
02.12.2008 - 06:30
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Lol @ that new cell phone commercial

and yeah i like the cameo in Guitar Hero World tour hahaah
03.12.2008 - 18:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Happy Birthday to the Ozman!