Metal Storm logo
Watain

26.02.2007 - 23:12
Infurnace
Watain, Swedish Black Metal. Supreme Swedish Black Metal, I must say. They kinda remind me of Dissection. Perhaps Watain is the modern Dissection? So what do you guys think of Watain? I'd like to hear your opinion.
26.02.2007 - 23:20
Damnated
Churchburner
only Sworn to the Dark sounds like old dissection, their older stuff doesn't have any similarities. one of the few good bands from Sweden, and one of the few that make good orthodox black metal. And they being the modern dissection? i don't think so. dissection is dead, and that path died with them. Watain doesn't want to sound like them. they're evolving right now. it's a process.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.02.2007 - 23:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
I got into these because I am going to be going to see them live next month some time..
they sound like normal generic black metal to me.. it is good indeed but I dont hear anything there that really seperates them from anyone else..
then again black metal isnt really my area of expertise as much as other genrés..
27.02.2007 - 00:09
Daru Jericho
I was a little disappointed by the new release Sworn To The Dark, although I've only given it a few listens.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

27.02.2007 - 00:12
Basso
Account deleted
I was waiting for this thread to open, seeing as they are recieving quite a buff in the "fan numbers" nowadays. Touring with dissection, and now Celtic Frost and Kreator, that is great promoting.

Anyway, I have heard all their albums and I think they are a great band. The new album Sworn to the Dark is great carrying the flame of old Dissection very very well. I am glad to say I can definitly recommend this album to alot of people.

Other than that I also really enjoy Rabid Deaths Curse, which is basicly veeeery standard and black metal, but its done so well I cant really help but to really enjoy that album a great deal.

I am also about to catch them live. 2 of April and its going to slay bigtime. Cheers
27.02.2007 - 08:01
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Well , they have some of the purest and hammerkickass black metal riffs \m/ . Like the early stuff , new stuff. is also great , 'Casus Luciferi' is still my favorite. Sworn of the Dark is good ....

Nice band .
27.02.2007 - 18:05
Infurnace
Written by Damnated on 26.02.2007 at 23:20

only Sworn to the Dark sounds like old dissection, their older stuff doesn't have any similarities. one of the few good bands from Sweden, and one of the few that make good orthodox black metal. And they being the modern dissection? i don't think so. dissection is dead, and that path died with them. Watain doesn't want to sound like them. they're evolving right now. it's a process.

I only have their "Sworn to the Dark" album, so maybe you're right, that only their latest album sounds like the old Dissection. Perhaps I should get "Casus Luciferi".
27.02.2007 - 20:48
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Infurnace on 27.02.2007 at 18:05

I only have their "Sworn to the Dark" album, so maybe you're right, that only their latest album sounds like the old Dissection. Perhaps I should get "Casus Luciferi".

you might get surprised, but get that album. defenetly. one of the best black metal releases .
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.02.2007 - 21:34
Skalden
Account deleted
Casus Luciferi is a great album, one which all BM people should own in my opinion. Ive yet to hear "rabid death's curse" though, anyone have anything to say about it? worht getting/listening to?
28.02.2007 - 00:05
die_benny
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.02.2007 at 21:34

Casus Luciferi is a great album, one which all BM people should own in my opinion. Ive yet to hear "rabid death's curse" though, anyone have anything to say about it? worht getting/listening to?
Its better than Casus Luciferi, and I love Casus Luciferi. Haven't heard Sworn to the Dark yet... I'm a little frightened I might not like it, from what I've been reading.
14.03.2007 - 19:01
Kurzag
Account deleted
I bought Sworn of the Dark today, listening to it right now actually. So far it have turned out to be pretty good. Gonna see them at the Inferno festival.
14.03.2007 - 19:27
Skalden
Account deleted
damnit! ive wanted to go there for a loooong time...
05.04.2007 - 16:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
One of my favourite bands right now! The latest album sure is a masterpiece with a lot of songs that will stand the test of time, at least for me.

After their show here last night they threw out some stuff and the audience stepped away from it. I thought: "What the fuck are they doing? Why don't they pick up the stuff?". So I made my way through the audience and looked at it: "What? Is it real?" I thought and what else could I do than to pick it up to see if it was real or not? It was kinda heavy, it smelled weird, a little wet and slippery. And yeah, it was real, a real head of something we figured was (or were) a goat. My hands were all bloody and the audience played football with the heads while waiting for Celtic Frost's show.
----
10.04.2007 - 21:53
Martinikuss
Ive just bought Sworn To The Dark. New stuff seems to be very good Black Metal album. There is crushers song like a Satans Hunger or the title Sworn and little slowly for example The Serpents Chalice. Two choruses i cant forget: Sworn and Satans Hunger, they are awesome. All in all, I dont regret the money for this CD.
10.04.2007 - 22:31
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I feel rather dissapointed with Sworn The The Dark... totally generic black metal album by a band that used to be among the Swedish elite.
10.04.2007 - 22:36
Basso
Account deleted
Im sad to say this but Im already bored as hell with the latest Watain release. Already considering to sell it again... Its just so damn boring now.
11.04.2007 - 08:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Sworn To The Dark is by far the best bm album released this year.. It has everything a good bm album needs, great cathcy songs, intelligent lyrics, great production without it making it sound slick. Great packaging. Varied, much more interesting than 90% of today's bm releases.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.04.2007 - 19:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.04.2007 at 08:39

much more interesting than 90% of today's bm releases.

I totally agree, but I still don't like it...

really, Sworn To The Dark didn't shocked me at all, I found it just boring.

This seems to be a very shitty year for black metal by the way... the only album I had realy liked is Halmstad
13.04.2007 - 03:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
still early in the year... and it's tough to top some of last year's releases: Negura Bunget, Wolves in the Throne Room, KoK, as well as new releases by big name artists like Darkthrone, Enslaved, and Satyricon...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.04.2007 - 17:39
Sunioj
I just got Casus Luciferi and Sworn to the Dark. I almost finished listening to Casus Luciferi and its SOOO GOOD! Very atmospheric, screaming guitars, the vocals are sweet too. Ummm...puzzles of flesh, I am the earth, Devils blood, are currently my favorite from that album.

I noticed that the album sounds very Mayhemish, very De mysteriim Dom sathanasish.Its like Sotlb meet DMDS.
27.04.2007 - 00:12
agent orange
Account deleted
in my opinion one of the forerunners of the swedish black metal scene, gonna go see them with angelcorpse at Jaxx next month (by the way why the hell doesn't angelcorpse have a profile on ms? their friggin awesome)
29.04.2007 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im just starting to get into these guys, there vocalist really reminds me of Thebon from Keep Of Kalessin.

The only music Ive heard from them is the stuff posted on there myspace but ill definitly look into getting an album, any reccommendations?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.04.2007 - 01:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.04.2007 at 00:55

Im just starting to get into these guys, there vocalist really reminds me of Thebon from Keep Of Kalessin.

The only music Ive heard from them is the stuff posted on there myspace but ill definitly look into getting an album, any reccommendations?

casus luciferi. after that, their latest
----

29.04.2007 - 19:18
Sunioj
I finished listening to Sworn to the Dark, its pretty good but not on par with Casus Luciferi IMO, but some songs really stand out like hell i.e. storm of the antichrist, legions of the black light, satans hunger...solid album though.
30.04.2007 - 18:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
I know it's pretty naive of me to say now already, but I belive that Sworn to the Dark will stay as a very important album for me. I just can't believe how great it is and some songs have become solid tracks for me!
----
02.05.2007 - 16:08
Infurnace
Yes, it is really great. I also think it's very special. I really didn't expect something like that from a Swedish Black Metal band.
04.05.2007 - 16:22
Warman
Erotic Stains

Sworn To The Dark is by far the best bm album released this year.. It has everything a good bm album needs, great cathcy songs, intelligent lyrics, great production without it making it sound slick. Great packaging. Varied, much more interesting than 90% of today's bm releases.

I couldn't have said it better...
----
31.05.2007 - 21:37
Sunioj
I finally completed my discography with rabid deaths curse...I like it alot, it has a dirty bm feel to the music, maybe not as aggressive as casus lucefiri but its got an atmosphere that Sworn to the dark doesnt have IMO.
23.06.2007 - 14:47
Infurnace
Written by Warman on 04.05.2007 at 16:22

I couldn't have said it better...

Yes, I agree. It's one of the best Black Metal albums of 2007. Most of the songs are pretty catchy, yes and they really seemed to impress me with Sworn To The Dark.
07.08.2007 - 23:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just bought the new album because people keep on raving about it, but I must say that I'm disappointed with it. It's not bad by any means, but I think it's a little overrated. Some songs are really good, but others are too slow and boring.