Metal Storm logo
Swords, axes, etc.

Original post

Posted by Urizen367, 27.04.2007 - 15:48
i know a few of you are into swords and stuff (and if there aren't. you guys need to read the rules of power and black metal more closely). i was just wondering what your favorite kinds to wield are. and what kinds you have. i really like long swords, baton swords (think the Hellboy movie) and the sickle (obviously). the next sword i plan on getting is a replica of the sword in the PS2 game Shinobi, akijiku.
17.10.2008 - 05:59
PsychoNerd
I like the katana, even though i don't have any, i like th look of it, and i love japan, i need t build a collection.
----
The computer Nerd
17.10.2008 - 23:28
Thrashette
Katanas are amzing.... I just have a bokken (wooden katana), bo staff, and jo staff though.
And yes, I am learning how to use them
21.10.2008 - 05:56
PsychoNerd
Written by Thrashette on 17.10.2008 at 23:28

Katanas are amzing.... I just have a bokken (wooden katana), bo staff, and jo staff though.

ur so lucky, how much did it cost u
----
The computer Nerd
21.10.2008 - 11:55
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Haha. I have a straightedge Katana (only bad asses have straightedges) and a kendo stick. I actually kind off know how to use them too
----
Coldgrits
21.10.2008 - 22:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -DC-002- on 21.10.2008 at 11:55

Haha. I have a straightedge Katana (only bad asses have straightedges) and a kendo stick. I actually kind off know how to use them too

yeah man, me too, practicing like a maniac in your house sure helps!

though i don't have a straight edge katana, mine is slightly curved back and it's a blunt.
22.10.2008 - 02:01
Thrashette
Written by PsychoNerd on 21.10.2008 at 05:56

Um... now that I found my receipt, it was $26 for the bo staff, $16 for the bokken, and $23 for the jo staff
Those are all in Canadian dollars. From what I've seen, those are average prices for training weapons, except the bokken might be a little cheaper than average. I just got them from the dojo when I started Kobudo lessons, rather than shopping around for weapons lol
23.10.2008 - 05:44
PsychoNerd
Written by Thrashette on 22.10.2008 at 02:01

Written by PsychoNerd on 21.10.2008 at 05:56

Um... now that I found my receipt, it was $26 for the bo staff, $16 for the bokken, and $23 for the jo staff
Those are all in Canadian dollars. From what I've seen, those are average prices for training weapons, except the bokken might be a little cheaper than average. I just got them from the dojo when I started Kobudo lessons, rather than shopping around for weapons lol

lol, u should see the prices of 'genuine' kanata, their like $300 a piece. one that i want has a stand for it so you can fit like 3 on it and thats where im gonna start my collection. but $300 is nothin, in japan they cost like AU$1000 hand crafted, i want one... but ill get a car first lol
----
The computer Nerd
28.10.2008 - 03:09
necrovamp
Hm i have a small armory!
i have,

2 saxon/vikng spears,

2 medieval halberds,

2 hand swords

a bollock dagger (authentic mediaval weapon, handel looks like bollocks)

a viking hand axe

an english yew bow.

a buckelr (small mediavl shield that was used for both defence and offence)

yes i use all of the above either in medieval re enactment or viking re enactment.
im also looking into getting an enfield musket for when i go and do american civil war.
to keep me safe on the field i have:

a kettle hellmet

metal gauntlets

arm armour

greaves (chin guards)

a padded jack

maile

my faverouite weapon is one of the halberds its heavy enough to do damage but light enough so im not dead at the end of a fight. its also very scary lol.

i also have a load of display weapons too, these bieng:

a 17th century officers halberd

a roman galdius

a claymore

a hand hand and a half sword

a katana

an uruk high lotr sword

a waffen ss dagger

a random dagger.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
29.10.2008 - 21:47
Soliloquy
Yeah, i've got a few...i used to be really interested in random pointy things, and used to collect bunch of stuff. but, as i grew older, i got more interested in instruments, and less interested in pointy things...heres what i've got, and i'm putting em all on sale, other than that strange yellow one. that one i'm keeping simply coz it looks like its an ancient greek sword...so i'm keeping that one:

----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.10.2008 - 22:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Holy balls soliloquy... in the second pic the little one near the katanas looks exactly like a roman shortsword. i'd keep it if i were you.

and of course, the claymore and the big katana look awesome, i actually like how simple the claymore is, it gives it an authentic feel.

which of these are sharped?
29.10.2008 - 22:43
Soliloquy
Written by Valentin B on 29.10.2008 at 22:22

Holy balls soliloquy... in the second pic the little one near the katanas looks exactly like a roman shortsword. i'd keep it if i were you.

and of course, the claymore and the big katana look awesome, i actually like how simple the claymore is, it gives it an authentic feel.

which of these are sharped?

lets see, the one in the middle, that looks like a fantasy kit rae type of sword is fairly sharp. then the two daggers(not the roman looking one) are prolly the sharpest thing in my house! far sharper than my kitchen knives! i also have a few butterfly, and a few other knives that i seem to have misplaced. and then there is another mini katana that a letter opener, but again, FAR sharper than my kitchen knives...thats not pictured either.

heres my favorite one. i got it from some strange chinese store that only sold swords and medieval weapons. and being a history nut, i HAD to have this guy. this is the reason why i let go of this really cool viking broad sword...perhaps i should have grabbed that...regardless...

and that roman looking thing is more of a dagger than a sword. it looks really cool actually:
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
30.10.2008 - 08:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Soliloquy on 29.10.2008 at 22:43

well actually that's the "roman sword" i'm talking about, it looks pretty authentic all worn and shit.

EDIT and that dagger in the last pic looks like something from the game Assassin's Creed lol, i.e. a medieval assassin dagger or something