Metal Storm logo
Church Arsons and the Ideology of Black Metal

Original post

Posted by Bitter Dawn, 07.06.2007 - 05:38
Today being June 6, 2007 marks the anniversary date of the Fantoft Church that was burnt down in 1992, of course by Varg Vikernes, and has been fifteen years since his actions.

I doubt there will be any arson's in honour or vain of that memoriable day that help set the flame within black metal, and I am surprised that nothing happen last year since it was a more appropriate version of 06-06-06. Yet, last Febuary on Vargs birthday someone in Ontario, Canada set fire to a church in his honour, of which I was very surprised.

I am not advocating people and go out today and burn down a church, but it has been such a big focal point of black metal that I thought it was worth mentioning today.
21.06.2007 - 02:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by BitterCOld on 21.06.2007 at 02:48

Written by 4look4rd on 21.06.2007 at 02:23

Written by BitterCOld on 20.06.2007 at 23:43

Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 15:47

Well acording to what I read, Euronymous got rid of people whom he dispised with poison (many times), and that he was a pretty selfish person...

Are you for real?

I've read a lot of crap in books, magazines, and internet - but never read anywhere that Euronymous was a mass murderer who poisoned people left and right...

Cite some credible sources, please.

I dont really remember where I read it, but I know for sure that Varg talks about it on his website I know thats not really a reliable source, but I cant remember where I read it, it might just have been a rumor, but I am sure I found it somewhere Ill try to find it again and post it here =D

If it's on Burzum.org, it is NOT a reliable or credible source. Sorry. He killed the guy and has spent the last 12 years rehashing his story... no two tellings are the same. I'll take what he said back then over the nicely edited version... it's probably closer to the digitally re-mastered and re-released truth.

As I said before, I believe his account of the event about as much as I believe OJ is innocent and still searching tirelessly for the real killer.

Amazing what people will believe when it's someone they admire who commits horrible acts.

I know dude, I said that above, I remember reading that somewhere else. And hopefully I will be able to find it again. Few months/years ago I was really into the story so I started reading as much as I could find. Again as I said it might have been just rumors

Still gonna look for that article
----
21.06.2007 - 07:02
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
In the book "The Lords Of Chaos" there is a number of interviews (or rather, one big interview cut up into differant segments that are placed throughout the book when it's in accordance with the subject matter of the chapters), and it gives a good insight of things, both from Varg himself, those involved with the black metal scene and the murder itself.
21.06.2007 - 19:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Varg has since drastically altered his story from that, further and further removing any blame from himself in the process, and placing more and more on Euronymous ... to the point where many posters honestly believe he killed E in self defense.

Those same folks will bash "tLoC" because Varg has repeatedly bashed it when altering his story.

I believe that that is probably a closer truth to what really happened than the essays he posts now on his website.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.06.2007 - 19:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by VPeter on 20.06.2007 at 23:53

I don't know the history of fantoft, but maybe I can guess the feeling why Varg did it.
here in Veenendaal there used to be a big old oak, it had healing powers and many people visited because of that.
but the strict christian people here didn't like it and they chopped it down because it was heathen.
I'm a pagan and was greatly angerd after hearing that, maybe the same thing happend with Varg.
alltough I don't feel like burning down chruches, becuase you will lose your freedom and the media labels you as madman.
I also love those big cathedral's and I don't want to see them up in flames. alltough there are some exception's tough.
like those churches who were dedicated to catholic saints who murderd and opressed many pagans and destroying pagan relic's.
I'm talking about Saint's like Boniface. still it's weird why Varg would do something if you think more about it, Christianty is dying and Paganism is increasing so why do something like that?

Saints weren't usually violent and many saints became popular here as pagan deities....for example it was customary to sacrifice a pig's head to st Thomas on his day....actually ancient Estonian people adopted anything...absolutely anything that was appealing and seemed to contain some power....for example they captured a German bailiff and ate his heart for they sincerely believed that Christian hearts have some magic powers...so...all means in order to adopt these powers were actually tried....Estonians resisted against Germans who tried to conquer the lands and of course...as Germans were more developed and skillful it was thought that they have additional powers....therefore we can't speak of hatred towards Christianity as a religion(as it's thought of today)but of interest and practicing of the religion along with the beliefs towards nature....people just wanted to become more successful than Germans...

Boniface...he was Anglo-Saxon....yes he fell an oak....because Thor wouldn't strike him down...but I couldn't somehow read about torturings nor any other awful crime he did against pagans....he was just a fierce converter....

About the attitude towards pagan sites....totally depends on the sect and the local people...There's a monastery in my town which has a vaulted chamber with a supposed Energy Pillar in the centre of the chamber starting from the floor and reaching to the centre of the vaulted ceiling...the pillar isn't actually there....it isn't solid...but they say that the pillar is there and if you step in it something is supposed to happen to you....doesn't seem very Christian to believe into such things but well...there it is....I don't know where that fable comes from....
Another thing....well....for example trees....as I said....if the people living there are against the tree then these people are usually...there's something wrong with them....you see....there are lots of Christians who are false...they pretend to be awfully strict and virtuous but actually they only think of money and personal welfare...if something annoys them they quickly wish to start bitching about it....and they visit church not because they want but in order to show off...all kinds of people exist....perhaps Varg hated such Christians....here in Estonia for examples people wish to destroy the heathen forests and holy trees...they aren't Christians...they don't give a shite about religion...all they want is money and they wish to take the heathen sacred groves down in order to build luxurious spas, shopping malls, winter sport facilities, hotels, beauty parlours etc...anything that brings in money....if a country is predominantly Christian(Estonia is not) then greedy people can use religion as a perfect pretext in order to get rid of things that don't let them raise their fortune....as church doesn't have any power here and the amount of religious people is almost zero then rich people can't use Christianity as a mean here...I believe it is so.....
A great example.....there's a magic spring near an orthodox nunnery which is visited by people because they believe it has healing powers and stuff....all these beliefs are heathen....
21.06.2007 - 20:34
mizferac
Account deleted
Church arsons and killings and all the deviant stuff has more to do with popularity, and much of a product of boredom and angst than any ideology. Vikernes clearly enjoyed the media hype around him, and most of the so-called blackers became really scared when the lawmen interrogated them about the arsons and murders, and told everything they knew. I don't think this is the way of die-hard satanist evil guys... It is clear that these shocking actions greatly helped spreading black metal music however.
21.06.2007 - 21:30
NECURATU
From my point of view, what the Inner Circle in Norway couldn't understand (being still children or otherwise) was why would people get up on stage, transform and play the savagest music, while afterwards returning to their day to day, average nice person face. I don't think it has to do with popularity. I think they tried to avoid being hypocrites, or at least hold to that "stance" for as much as possible (anyone actually belived Euronymous when he said he only engages in violent anal sex, so as not to perform the greatest gift that god bestowed upon man?!) There's also the option they were just dumb children with attitude, I recall and interview with Ihsahn from Emperor taken many year later (he too having been a part of the Inner Circle), where, when asked about satanism he simply stated he is beyond that.

Anyhow, a question. What murders? I only know of Euronymous.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
21.06.2007 - 21:31
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Ernis on 21.06.2007 at 19:46

if a country is predominantly Christian(Estonia is not) then greedy people can use religion as a perfect pretext in order to get rid of things that don't let them raise their fortune....as church doesn't have any power here and the amount of religious people is almost zero then rich people can't use Christianity as a mean here...I believe it is so.....
Wouldn't you agree that throughout centuries Christianity has been a massive political instrument - people are greedy and they use the religion to push their idea through? And I think it is only a good thing that you don't see a situation here in Estonia where some group of people use religion to cover up their plans to take down sacred trees or demolish a burial mound. Stupid or not, but at least they are somewhat honest.

About church arsons and the idea of black metal.Today being June 6, 2007 marks the anniversary date of the Fantoft Church that was burnt down in 1992 - but black metal was there already before 1992 - so with one church burning the idea of black metal gets whole another perspective? I don't think so. Of course there are many people who follow the idea and idealize Varg, but I think the amount of people who are actually capable or willing to act is very minimal. Varg makes interesting music and has knowledge in Scandinavian mythology, but his ideas are sometimes pretty immature.
21.06.2007 - 21:40
Pagan Revival
Account deleted
Id call my self a pagan in some way or another, and im pretty much against Christianity and any other organized religions, but by going around and burning or destroying other people " sacred " places your just stooping to what chiristians where doing back in the days.

Although i do listen to a small amount of black metal, it pisses me off when they sing about satanism and all that stuff, and say they stand for paganism. Making people thing paganism is linked to satanism in some way, although, yes alot of the time these bands arn't serouse about eather paganism and satanism.

I only know the basics on what went on and have read about stuff varg wrote on his page.
And Even though it might have been a publistity stunt or not, it still turned out like one.
21.06.2007 - 21:48
NECURATU
Isn't paganism also a form of organized religion? They're all mostly the same...shit (i don't mean it in a peiorative way) really, with just a different flavor.
----
21.06.2007 - 21:50
Ernis
狼獾
Written by UnholyMenace on 21.06.2007 at 21:31

if a country is predominantly Christian(Estonia is not) then greedy people can use religion as a perfect pretext in order to get rid of things that don't let them raise their fortune....as church doesn't have any power here and the amount of religious people is almost zero then rich people can't use Christianity as a mean here...I believe it is so.....
Wouldn't you agree that throughout centuries Christianity has been a massive political instrument - people are greedy and they use the religion to push their idea through? And I think it is only a good thing that you don't see a situation here in Estonia where some group of people use religion to cover up their plans to take down sacred trees or demolish a burial mound. Stupid or not, but at least they are somewhat honest.

I never said that the situation here was bad....I agree with you here....it is good that people have stopped hiding behind religious purposes....a thing that people should've already done long ago.....centuries ago people were simply more easily controlled...if some politicians or wealthy people wished to gain power over masses they simply threatened them with hell and torture.....literally....authorities could practice all sick things if they were allowed....
21.06.2007 - 21:53
Pagan Revival
Account deleted
How is it a form of organized religion ? by beeing a pagan dont mean it restrict you to paticular rules, paganism can be interpreted in what way you like. and that is part of my belife in paganism that is can can be interpreted in what way you like.
21.06.2007 - 22:00
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Shouldn't an organized religion have a some sort of a holy book? If a religious truth isn't put down, every single person can easily change it in his favor - so It can hardly be an organized religion.
21.06.2007 - 22:26
mizferac
Account deleted
Written by NECURATU on 21.06.2007 at 21:30
Anyhow, a question. What murders? I only know of Euronymous.

In 1993, members of a German NS black metal band Absurd murdered a fifteen year-old boy. Although it has not much to do with Satanism, the media promoted it otherwise, like at the the killing of a homosexual man by Faust in Lillehammer.

Of course the church-burning and killing were not done for popularity, at least not consciously, but it ended in that way. At Vikernes' parley in the courtroom there were some young chicks, whom shown all the signs of devotion toward Varg lthat the similar young girls do for example, on Tokio Hotel concerts.

about paganism: Paganism as term has not existed in this form in the thoughts of pagans themselves, because there were so many "pagan" nations, and they not needed to describe their way of belief to separate it from others. I believe it's a modern term, that includes many form of ancient religion, more likely a way of thinking than a religion itself, so why would it need a holy book?
21.06.2007 - 23:22
NECURATU
Written by UnholyMenace on 21.06.2007 at 22:00

Shouldn't an organized religion have a some sort of a holy book? If a religious truth isn't put down, every single person can easily change it in his favor - so It can hardly be an organized religion.

Not that "holy books" couldn't be changed just as easily in someones favor hehehe. Religion as a form of obeing sets of "rules" is for the careless, lazy and weak.
----
26.06.2007 - 18:36
VPeter

Written by VPeter on 20.06.2007 at 23:53

I don't know the history of fantoft, but maybe I can guess the feeling why Varg did it.
here in Veenendaal there used to be a big old oak, it had healing powers and many people visited because of that.
but the strict christian people here didn't like it and they chopped it down because it was heathen.
I'm a pagan and was greatly angerd after hearing that, maybe the same thing happend with Varg.
alltough I don't feel like burning down chruches, becuase you will lose your freedom and the media labels you as madman.
I also love those big cathedral's and I don't want to see them up in flames. alltough there are some exception's tough.

like those churches who were dedicated to catholic saints who murderd and opressed many pagans and destroying pagan relic's.
I'm talking about Saint's like Boniface. still it's weird why Varg would do something if you think more about it, Christianty is dying and Paganism is increasing so why do something like that?

Saints weren't usually violent and many saints became popular here as pagan deities....for example it was customary to sacrifice a pig's head to st Thomas on his day....actually ancient Estonian people adopted anything...absolutely anything that was appealing and seemed to contain some power....for example they captured a German bailiff and ate his heart for they sincerely believed that Christian hearts have some magic powers...so...all means in order to adopt these powers were actually tried....Estonians resisted against Germans who tried to conquer the lands and of course...as Germans were more developed and skillful it was thought that they have additional powers....therefore we can't speak of hatred towards Christianity as a religion(as it's thought of today)but of interest and practicing of the religion along with the beliefs towards nature....people just wanted to become more successful than Germans...

Boniface...he was Anglo-Saxon....yes he fell an oak....because Thor wouldn't strike him down...but I couldn't somehow read about torturings nor any other awful crime he did against pagans....he was just a fierce converter....

About the attitude towards pagan sites....totally depends on the sect and the local people...There's a monastery in my town which has a vaulted chamber with a supposed Energy Pillar in the centre of the chamber starting from the floor and reaching to the centre of the vaulted ceiling...the pillar isn't actually there....it isn't solid...but they say that the pillar is there and if you step in it something is supposed to happen to you....doesn't seem very Christian to believe into such things but well...there it is....I don't know where that fable comes from....
Another thing....well....for example trees....as I said....if the people living there are against the tree then these people are usually...there's something wrong with them....you see....there are lots of Christians who are false...they pretend to be awfully strict and virtuous but actually they only think of money and personal welfare...if something annoys them they quickly wish to start bitching about it....and they visit church not because they want but in order to show off...all kinds of people exist....perhaps Varg hated such Christians....here in Estonia for examples people wish to destroy the heathen forests and holy trees...they aren't Christians...they don't give a shite about religion...all they want is money and they wish to take the heathen sacred groves down in order to build luxurious spas, shopping malls, winter sport facilities, hotels, beauty parlours etc...anything that brings in money....if a country is predominantly Christian(Estonia is not) then greedy people can use religion as a perfect pretext in order to get rid of things that don't let them raise their fortune....as church doesn't have any power here and the amount of religious people is almost zero then rich people can't use Christianity as a mean here...I believe it is so.....
A great example.....there's a magic spring near an orthodox nunnery which is visited by people because they believe it has healing powers and stuff....all these beliefs are heathen....

sorry for the late reply. the saints around the roman era weren't violent that's true, but after the fall of the roman empire they changed attitude and first they seemed friendly but later they would come with brutal force and convert people the hard way. not all saints were like that tough. yeah, worshiping saints is pagan thing, but so many things of christianity are pagan, the cross was pagan symbol wich the christians stole, rising from the dead is stolen from shamanism, easter/christmass/helloween were used to be pagan feasts but the christians replaced it with their's.

Saint Boniface did commit those crime's, but you must dig deeper then wikipedia. Did I mention that Saint Willbrord who was a big friend of Boniface also
did similiar crimes? who tried to convert the people of Frisia the cowards way, coming and preaching about love of jesus and then when the Frisian's still wouldn't covert he came with military support of the franks. the pagan's of Frisia also were brave enough to fight the opression of Saint Boniface and in Dokkum they killed him and his company. alltough historicans still don't know the precise reason why they killed Boniface.

It truly depends on the people. well that sounds like middelages folklore, we have many of that to here, most of them exist because people were extremely afraid of paganism and satan, they said if you said it's name you would summon him or if you said something like "if that's true then the devil can come and get me!" and the devil would suddenly pop up and take that person away. I know that are many false christians, mostly Roman catholics but I have even ecounterd these people in the christian metal scene, it's not just money and power, it's also about their own twisted from of religion and forcing it on others. you know wat Saint Boniface did with the thor's oak, he made a church of it for his own honour, so you are right there but like I said it's not just about money and power, the oak here didn't stood in the way and they didn't build a church of it. the reason why they chopped it down is simple, fear of losing faith. people who would start asking themself "is the christian God the truly and only god? then why did this oak heal me and Jesus and God not?" and of course there view "everything that is not of God is of the Anti-christ".problem with that healing springl they will say in act of hypocrisy it's God's power! not heathen! this sitrough God!" it's It's true that they can't abuse it if there is little of Christianty in the country, the netherlands has one of the fewst christians in the world so that already says enough. still there are fanatical towns like mine that want to try and dominate, but luckly they are dying race and this once o so christian town because more atheistic each year. Like I said before christianity is dying, but I think it will still take a long time for it's completly dead. paganism is indeed rising, unfortunally most of it is wiccan, not that is anything wrong about it, but it's just a collection of many pagan religions forced together. many people have a weird vision about paganism a bunch of war paint dressed people getting drunk and singing wild songs are not pagan, it reminds me of vratyas of flakenbach who said the follwoing thing: "A "great feast" for example, including all the "typical" stuff like honey-wine etc, today to 99% is probably nothing but a big bunch
of posing, drunken stupids who try to look as heathen as possible." and "To wear a bearskin on a summerday having 40 degrees celsius and to booze
the f**k out of your brain with honey-wine does not give you any value nor honor, and it does not make you a pagan."

about the church burnings, it;s retard for many reasons. they always will found you and you will be jailed and you have to help moneywise to rebuild the curch and when you get out of jail the chruch is fully rebuild and people have you labeld as madman so you can hardly conivce people of your couse.
27.06.2007 - 00:50
Ernis
狼獾
@Tír na n'Óg....I can't disagree here....you have made some deeper research about these particular saints....I agree with your opinion about the church burnings...it is retarded indeed....
A thing, nevertheless, that is sad is the dying out of Christianity.....though there are many people who claim to be Christians or who are involved with the church who are evil and mean, the religion itself is utterly good and one of it's core subjects is "Don't harm others...don't do something to another person that you don't want that others would do to you..."this is a point that people have always ignored.....and unfortunately this isn't the only such statement......Christianity in its essence tries to treat every view equally and give piece to everyone....and it is a paradox....Catholic faith has even stronger and deeper thoughts in it than other sects have....(while Catholic church has seen people who commit crimes against these principles or who have violated these every possible way).....for instance....if you walk on a street and witness someone being attacked and/or killed and you won't try to help that person.....then Catholic faith says that you should help.....you should help because nobody deserves to be attacked or treated cruelly....at the same time for example Lutheranism encourages not to interfere....if it isn't your business, you must let it be(perhaps the one who suffers is deserving it)....according to catholicism sin is not just doing bad to others but also if you see that someone is suffering and letting this person suffer more by supporting the ones who cause the misery.....
I know...I agree that people have violated these rules....they have discriminated and persecuted and done lots of bad things....even claiming that they do it because they have the right to do so....they have actually forgotten the religion they were "fighting for".....in the end...human beings simply fight and rob and hurt for themselves....and not for God....it's pure selfishness.....and even if some religious fanatics have killed and committed crimes in the name of God, the reason has been simple...these people had done some terrible crimes and they continued with worse acts in order to make a "sacrifice" to make God forgive them......
28.06.2007 - 07:18
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Is there even any point in having a debate or argueing with a person whom is Christian? It's futile because they are so blind sided by their religion, and are on the opposite spectrum of things, they will not understand completely, as it is abrasive to their entire ideology.

Christianity and it's many off-shoots of religions, is generally a bad thing thanks to politicians, extremist and people of similar attitudes. However, Christians whom choose to live their lives in honour of God, Jesus or others, and follow that path to divinity are not necassarily bad at all. I think the problem is when people in government and/or military power, or any sort of social persuasiveness are the enemies of not only heathen paths, but pretty much every other religion (Kemetic, Hellenic, Hindu, etc), because those people tend to strive for the eradication of all those whom do not agree with their faith, even if the other said religions are peaceful, for these radical Christians think that they are making other people aware about the truth of God. It is those people whom have either themselves destroyed pagan/heathen culture, or it is their protege's, and that has snow balled into a general animosity towards all religions with a Christ base.
28.06.2007 - 12:14
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bitter Dawn on 28.06.2007 at 07:18

Christianity and it's many off-shoots of religions, is generally a bad thing thanks to politicians, extremist and people of similar attitudes. However, Christians whom choose to live their lives in honour of God, Jesus or others, and follow that path to divinity are not necassarily bad at all.

Exactly my thoughts....I've been trying to get to this point and explain it for some time already....
28.06.2007 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 28.06.2007 at 12:14

Written by Bitter Dawn on 28.06.2007 at 07:18

Christianity and it's many off-shoots of religions, is generally a bad thing thanks to politicians, extremist and people of similar attitudes. However, Christians whom choose to live their lives in honour of God, Jesus or others, and follow that path to divinity are not necassarily bad at all.

Exactly my thoughts....I've been trying to get to this point and explain it for some time already....

But nowdays all 'BIG' realigions isnt seperated from politics
cristianity, Juadaism, Islam isnt free of it, moustly Islam

Remeber Slobodan Milo?evič say:''serbs defent Cosovo, if we lost ist be firts batle what lost crsitianity againts islam in 20 century''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.06.2007 - 13:31
Judas
The Amputator
Guys, discuss Paganism in the Paganism thread, perhaps, although I must say it is most interesting to read what various Christian Saints did to convert Pagans in Europe. Onto the real topic, well I watched the Norwegian documentary 'Satan Rides the Media' this morning, and it dealt a lot with the church burning incidents. Jørn Inge Tunsberg of Hades Almighty said that his personal reason for burning Åsane Church was because he felt that old Norwegian customs, rules and morals clashed with those of Christianity. The church was burned symbolically. Varg Vikernes then added the motive of revenge, that the Christians built churches over the ruins of burnt pagan temples and holy sites, and that by burning the church down he was restoring a status quo.

Anyhow, that was then. Today, most church burners are just idiots doing it to copy the Norwegians' actions, and to be 'tr00 kvlt' or whatever. However, in some places this practice of destroying religious sites continues without carrying the whole Black Metal vibe to it. For example, in Ayodhya, India, also in 1992 a bunch of Hindus destroyed a mosque that the first Mughal emperor Babar had built in the 16th century, giving the reason that the mosque, despite its antiquity, stood on the ruins of an older Hindu temple that marked the birthplace of a god. More recently still, I'm sure many of you remember when the Taliban in Afghanistan ordered the destruction of two giant Buddha statues, on the basis that they were un-Islamic and promoted idolatry, even though at that point there were no Buddhists remaining in that country. This practice has been a feature of religious contact and conflict ever since the idea of religion was first conceived.

I guess what was notable about the Norwegian things was that instead of a mob, or a government, or any other majority group, there were a bunch of teenagers, taking matters into their own hands. What the Black Metallers did was wrong, yes, totally wrong, but their reasons still carry a shadow of truth, at least to my mind. Hell, where I go for holidays in India, near Goa, there was a beautiful temple, then when some Catholics came there they converted some influential people, who demolished the temple and built a church there instead! My grandfather (who lives around 15min away from this place) totally would sympathise with anyone who burnt the church down! So, while I maintain that the acts carried out by the Norwegian youths in 1992 and 1993 were wrong (and probably a good 700 years too late to make any difference!), their reasoning was sound.

EDIT: Actually, I just found out that my grandfather did burn a church. He burned the chapel in his school, when he was 15, with some friends, as a prank. Not the best prank ever, but anyway.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.09.2007 - 00:00
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I honestly don't understand why someone would burn a church, or any other building. Being a Christian Anarchist I disagree with political parties, but you don't see me burning down their buildings.

And the "status quo" aspect is pretty rediculous, if you ask me. Should I go and burn down every school, nursing home, library and store that have replaced a Christian church?
----
(space for rent)
11.09.2007 - 00:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dane Train on 11.09.2007 at 00:00

I honestly don't understand why someone would burn a church, or any other building. Being a Christian Anarchist I disagree with political parties, but you don't see me burning down their buildings.

And the "status quo" aspect is pretty rediculous, if you ask me. Should I go and burn down every school, nursing home, library and store that have replaced a Christian church?

Me to I never understand it , but in world are soem sick ppl who sexualy us esmall chikds, some ppl are sick and thay need kill someone, and some just burn it those all shood be locked somehwere
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2007 - 13:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
I despise christianity. But burning down churches is going way too far. I think I agree with what Hemlock ? just wrote.
There are a lot of people I disagree with and/or even hate. I don't go and burn down their homes and buildings.
----
11.09.2007 - 14:19
Damnated
Churchburner
i always considered these church arsons to be of a symbolic nature. burning down a church is a symbol of resisistng and fighting the disease that is christianity.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.09.2007 - 17:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 11.09.2007 at 14:19

i always considered these church arsons to be of a symbloic nature. burning down a church is a symbol of resisistng and fighting the disease that is christianity.

In that case dont be mad when Polish gourement dorgided IMO Satyricon or Gorgoroth play there sometimes church and gourement work together
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2007 - 17:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 11.09.2007 at 17:07

i always considered these church arsons to be of a symbloic nature. burning down a church is a symbol of resisistng and fighting the disease that is christianity.

In that case dont be mad when Polish gourement dorgided IMO Satyricon or Gorgoroth play there sometimes church and gourement work together

Well, I mean tha banning was a direct consequence of that show when Gorgoroth played in Poland with naked crucified women soaked in pig blood, and they pased the show through the public tv. That was a dreadful lack of respect for a country that is mostly catholic.
11.09.2007 - 17:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Southern Wind - Yes but its because of it and also church burning, dont play whit bear and he wont eat you, Never had like such thinks like that show, in that case I prefere doom concerts for small public, but band if thay just play whit out such thinks it wont be ban

And why there are no such thinks in France, Germany, Italy, Greece? And it wont be
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2007 - 18:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 11.09.2007 at 17:07

wat?!
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.09.2007 - 18:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, Germany is one of the countries that mostly ban metal stuff... just remember that some Cannibal Corpse albums are forbidden, they can't play certain songs and I also know that some bands had been banned like Ancient Ceremony and Bethlehem.

Goung back to the topic, church burning has nothing to do with ideology in black metal, it was jud done under certain circumstances that we all know and then stopped, I hadn't heard of any church burning by black-metalheads after the mid 90s, and still the "ideology" is still there... well, I actually don't like to talk about ideology in this case, because there's not a unique philosophy sorrounding black metal, but there's certainly a "black metal way" to live, that doesn't mean to go around acting like troll in the woods, but mostly being contemplative, being interested by the occult sides of philosophy and overall despising the trendy and conventional ways of thinking without questioning... one of the manifestations of all this was the church burnings in Norway, that's for sure, but it was one among many others.
11.09.2007 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@SA I know about those bands and Ancient Ceremony member has banned of church dunno if you know meaning of Anathema then its hepenw hit him. But from Germany comes a lot of BM bands and alot of metal bands so seems thay ban moust dengerous bands
----

apos;'
[image]