Metal Storm logo
The Best Horror Movies Of All Time

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 30.06.2007 - 03:25
Well I've been buying DVD's lately, I'm proud to have such classics as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dead Alive...but I was wondering which movies are in your top 5 or top 10...any Horror movie dudes, it doesn't matter if it's zombies, ghosts, monsters or slahers

My top 5 goes more o less like this:

#5: Cabin Fever (I just can't get enough of watching stupid kids spreading a flesh eating disease, yeah it's way in the line of Evil Dead but it's just too cool and the girls have great boobs)

#4: Day Of The Dead (Romero's third installment in his trilogy, a great piece actually, the last scene is just sickening)

#3: Dawn Of The Dead (Damn it...it's just...amazing)

#2: Dead Alive: (Peter Jackson did this? god damn it he was a gory motherfucker...the goriest film I've ever seen)

#1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The master of Slasher films)

There are other good films I love, some of them are still on my "to buy list" and on my "please stop renting them or you'll end up begging for money in the streeths"

-Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Damn, this is chilling)
-Suspiria (Masterpiece)
-The Night Of The Living Dead
-Evil Dead
-Curtains

some others...which ones are your favorites
19.06.2009 - 04:53
Nathan Lurker
Written by TheOwl on 16.06.2009 at 21:37

That is a great poster. I'll try to find that movie.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
01.07.2009 - 03:59
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
HAH I just watched Evil Dead it made me LOL. Twas really funny, the effects were so primiative, but it was enjoyable none the less
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
02.07.2009 - 00:35
Nathan Lurker
Watch the seconde part : Evil dead Dead by dawn. It's funnier, more black humor, more twisted. The whole serie is awesome. Sam raimi is planning a '' Remake'' or a 4th instalment in the serie but up to now nothing's been confirmed.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
07.07.2009 - 19:14
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Here's my top five:

1 - Halloween (1978)
2 - Dawn of the Dead (1978)
3 - Psycho (1960)
4 - A Nightmare on Elm Street
5 - Planet Terror
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.07.2009 - 20:50
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Nathan Lurker on 02.07.2009 at 00:35

Watch the seconde part : Evil dead Dead by dawn. It's funnier, more black humor, more twisted. The whole serie is awesome. Sam raimi is planning a '' Remake'' or a 4th instalment in the serie but up to now nothing's been confirmed.

I heard it was a fourth installment.
----
(space for rent)
09.07.2009 - 22:16
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Haddonfield on 07.07.2009 at 19:14

Here's my top five:

1 - Halloween (1978)
3 - Psycho (1960)
5 - Planet Terror

O yes, A Nightmare on Elm Street is great.. Freddy Krueger is one of my favorite villains heroes of all time.. Though I didn't really liked 5, 6 and 7.. But first four were great in my opinion.

I still believe that The Ring and The Grudge are the best horror movies.. By best I mean which really made me scared.. Hollywood version of both are good but Japanese versions are insane..
09.07.2009 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
Silent Hill anyone? Altho I'd say that the film is, in fact, not that spooky....the games are a lot more.....but this is a film thread so...
10.07.2009 - 01:16
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ernis on 09.07.2009 at 23:11

Silent Hill anyone? Altho I'd say that the film is, in fact, not that spooky....the games are a lot more.....but this is a film thread so...

I really enjoyed Silent Hill the artistic effects are really good and there's a Johnny Cash song in it which is always good. If you are looking for a creepy film, try Dead End, recent but goes back to the origins of horror cinema where shock dominated over gore.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
10.07.2009 - 08:14
chrisjoel
Halloween-original
Opera- by Dario Argento
The Amityville Horror (2005)
Lost Highway
The Mask of Satan 1960 Mario Bava ..creepy shit from back in the DAY.......
10.07.2009 - 08:27
gwarscumdog
Friday the 13th Part 3 (First movie he shows up in a hockey mask)
Evil Dead (Ash Rules)
Terror at London Bridge (great Jack the Ripper movie and my favorite serial killer)
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (great show of a movie to become a next classic)
Hatchet (I LOVE GORE)
10.07.2009 - 18:55
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Haddonfield on 10.07.2009 at 01:16

...try Dead End, recent but goes back to the origins of horror cinema where shock dominated over gore.

You mean Dead End with Ray Wise....the mystical road-comedy with the twist in the end....I loved that film, especially for the dialogue....but there was neither excessive shock nor gore there.....
10.07.2009 - 19:51
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ernis on 10.07.2009 at 18:55

Written by Haddonfield on 10.07.2009 at 01:16

...try Dead End, recent but goes back to the origins of horror cinema where shock dominated over gore.

You mean Dead End with Ray Wise....the mystical road-comedy with the twist in the end....I loved that film, especially for the dialogue....but there was neither excessive shock nor gore there.....

Yes that one, by shock I mean in the creepy oppresive atmosphere created throughout the film, it's the old way of doing horror movies and to me the best way.
----

07.08.2009 - 16:39
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
Evil Dead series
Slither (everything about that movie is just AWESOME - not so much that it is scary, but it is so very disgusting)
The original Japanese The Eye
Saw series (mostly up to III)
08.08.2009 - 14:57
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Guest on 07.08.2009 at 16:39

Evil Dead series
Slither (everything about that movie is just AWESOME - not so much that it is scary, but it is so very disgusting)
The original Japanese The Eye
Saw series (mostly up to III)

Just thought I'd be a pain here. Do you mean the original Hong Kong version of the Eye? On a more serious note, that's a pretty good choice of movies, the Evil Dead series is very well made. entertaining and fun. Slither is just crazy mixing various kinds of horror genres into one and the above mentionned The Eye is a very creepy and well worked film. As for saw, I loved the first one, enjoyed the second, was dissappointed with the third and haven't seen the others.
----

09.08.2009 - 15:11
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
It probably was the Hong Kong version And thanks for the compliment, have you posted your favorite horror movies yet? I would love to see which ones are your favorites.
09.08.2009 - 20:04
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Guest on 09.08.2009 at 15:15

It probably was the Hong Kong version Also, can anyone recommend any horror movies that I should see next? I like horror/comedies, zombie movies, and really gory/disgusting horror. But anything will do

I have already posted my favorites so here they are just for you again:
Here's my top five:

1 - Halloween (1978)
3 - Psycho (1960)
5 - Planet Terror

I'll recommand a film for you, if you haven't seen I think you will enjoy it as it is a horror/comedy with zombies and is really gore: Dead and Breakfast, probably the only film to include country singing zombies and a zombie line dance. It's a pretty cool film, which I really enjoyed and the recently deceased David Carradine makes an appearance in it. Hope you manage to find if you haven't already seen it.
----

09.08.2009 - 23:52
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
Ah cool, I love zombies and I love David Carradine, it should be a great combination Thanks a lot!
10.08.2009 - 01:38
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
No problem, let me know what you make of it if you do watch it.
----

11.08.2009 - 00:07
Ernis
狼獾
Dorothy Mills....I'm glad I saw this Irish/French film...I thought of it as a predictable demonic possession/exorcism horror flick before seeing it but when I saw it, it was fascinating through the whole course....there weren't actual gory moments in it but it was very intense and even that there were lots of hints from the beginning of the story there is still no way you're going to guess the final solution in the end....the ending was unpredictable and pleasant....quite a disturbing film in its essence but very well done....
01.11.2009 - 12:12
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
This thread needs to get alive again....

So, basically, I have a question for all you horror pals to help me out a bit... I'm looking for some horrors that feature demons or witches or any other creppy supernatural stuff.... Considering the fact Hellraiser is my #1 horror, you probably get the picture what I want: some creepy ass demons, some blood & gore, going splatterpunk all the way! Or any other supernatural/paranormal themed horror, similar to The Omen, The Exorcist, Prince of Darkness, Exorcism of Emily Rose. Juts don't say any od the Barker's stuff, or Argento, seen them all
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
01.11.2009 - 12:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 01.11.2009 at 12:12

This thread needs to get alive again....

So, basically, I have a question for all you horror pals to help me out a bit... I'm looking for some horrors that feature demons or witches or any other creppy supernatural stuff.... Considering the fact Hellraiser is my #1 horror, you probably get the picture what I want: some creepy ass demons, some blood & gore, going splatterpunk all the way! Or any other supernatural/paranormal themed horror, similar to The Omen, The Exorcist, Prince of Darkness, Exorcism of Emily Rose. Juts don't say any od the Barker's stuff, or Argento, seen them all

Classics
Have you seen Exorcist II and Omen III The Fibal Comflict, I saw Omen and omen II last night but cant ate till Omen III , so I dodnt saw it, mybe if you have seen can you tell me what was there and how Damian was killed?
Omen IV 90's movie is it good

Witches n Demons there so fiew good films about it specely about ghostsv n haunted houses, but there one film what I wanna see, dunno name but its about house near see where devil are possessed one lamp in house and many activities hepen there , dunno name but its oold
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2009 - 19:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

2. Psycho

3. A Nightmare On Elm Street

4. Halloween

5. Dawn Of The Dead
01.11.2009 - 21:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
@Bad English: yea, I saw Exorcist II as well as all the Omens. Basically, I've seen all the sequels of movies I liked (even though sequels are usually lame, I hate The Exorcist II for example, icky).
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
01.11.2009 - 23:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 01.11.2009 at 21:29

@Bad English: yea, I saw Exorcist II as well as all the Omens. Basically, I've seen all the sequels of movies I liked (even though sequels are usually lame, I hate The Exorcist II for example, icky).

I wanna see thsoe to, but cant see sinec TV dont show it, why you hate Exorcist II was it so bad?
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2009 - 00:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, I totally loved the 1st one, it's one of my fave films of all time, but the second is just so bare and .... colorless. The story is about Reagan again, this time being possesed by an african demon named Bazuzu and no matter what, african evil spirits just can't measure up the mindf*ck Satan did when he possesed her.
----
02.11.2009 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 02.11.2009 at 00:05

Yea, I totally loved the 1st one, it's one of my fave films of all time, but the second is just so bare and .... colorless. The story is about Reagan again, this time being possesed by an african demon named Bazuzu and no matter what, african evil spirits just can't measure up the mindf*ck Satan did when he possesed her.

Hmm its true even demons n spirits is connected same come from same place, and exorcist shood deal whit all who's possessed people, but I cant judge since I havnt seen it
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2009 - 06:45
tulkas
el parcero
I lost my faith in Horror movies since the ones I've watched were pretty dumb. I still want to see some classics, maybe those can change my mind. But anyway, there is one movie that did give me the creeps: The Grudge. Daaamn, I did get scared but was able to watch it till the end.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
04.11.2009 - 15:15
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Top 5 :
Omen ( first part )
Monsterman
Hatchet
Sleepy Hollow
Wrong Turn
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
04.11.2009 - 16:03
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Kimiwind on 04.11.2009 at 15:15

Top 5 :

Sleepy Hollow

I liked Sleepy Hollow a lot, but I thought of it more as a suspense than horror. Same with the other with Johnny Depp about Jack The Ripper (can't recall the name of that one).
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
04.11.2009 - 16:20
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 04.11.2009 at 16:03

Written by Kimiwind on 04.11.2009 at 15:15

Top 5 :

Sleepy Hollow

I liked Sleepy Hollow a lot, but I thought of it more as a suspense than horror. Same with the other with Johnny Depp about Jack The Ripper (can't recall the name of that one).

From Hell , I agree, Sleepy Hollow is a thriller/fantasy whereas From Hell is just a pure thriller. They can possibly be considered as those borderline thrillers that verge on the horror. To me a movie is a horror movie if at the time of it's realise, it was seen as horror. Neither of these two were considered horror upon their release.
----