Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity vs In Flames

Poll

it's known that the old DT vocalist went to In Flames,did he do right?

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames

Total votes: 169
09.07.2007 - 15:56
Black Winter
Your choice needs to be justified, is Dark tranquillity better with Mikael on the lead?
one thing about In Flames and DT, the vocals are very similar i think but what makes the difference is the lyrics and the melody,when it comes to solos ,acoustic and instrumental parts i think DT shows their advantage,for lyrics, just a fine look to DT titles and comparing them with In Flames titles shows that DT's are deeper, that's why i chose DT over In Flames. one other little difference between them is that In Flames are satanic while DT are not, i am not saying that satanic bands suck but it also counts for me.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
09.07.2007 - 16:38
Eternal Flames
Would be nice if you added your opinion on it as well.

Anyway, Dark Tranquillity for me. They've overall had a more stable career, with all their releases in my opinion being pretty good. I prefer Mikael Stanne's vocals as well. In Flames' first four albums were the only ones that I enjoyed. From Clayman onwards, they just seemed to go downhill. From then on, I just found their music boring and bland and Anders Friden's vocals also declined as their career progressed.

Dark Tranquillity have better songwriting also in my opinion. They've had a few ups and downs throughout their career but they've always managed to get back on track and continue releasing great material. I'm always up for hearing some new stuff from them whereas with In Flames, I think I've given up on them. They just don't appeal to me anymore like they once used to.
09.07.2007 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since this poll has no future because its be closed to poor I woud say i vote for DT because I love only firts 2 In Flames albums but DT ok I love early works too but even newer albums are something from old school days
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2007 - 19:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Dark Tranquility all the way. They are among bands I can always listen, and every their new album is new masterpiece, they improve their sound and they are still working on it

On the other side, I dislike In Flames, and that's it
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
09.07.2007 - 23:12
Sunioj
I started listening to metal with in flames. So I have a bit bias towards them since I like their early work...long story short, Dark Tranquility is still grinding out good material and I sorta hate In flames new releases...come clarity and soundtrack to your escape sort of bore me and is dissapointing in contrast to their early stuff. I have more admiration for Dark Tranquility and their last two albums were great, charactar is a masterpiece..and to compare that to in flames? for me? DT takes it all...
09.07.2007 - 23:26
OneWithMisery
Dark Tranquillity..I like all DT releases, new, old, doesn't matter, but with In Flames..some of their old stuff isn't bad, but I just can't listen to their new stuff, I can't help it, it's boring, not really what old In Flames were about.. So, DT al the way.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
10.07.2007 - 10:12
alexo dynami
I voted for Dark Tranquility,

first because the quality in their material is way more consistent than In Flames who have just sold out.

Secondly, I will always favour a band with a keyboardist over a band who uses keyboard samples.

And I will see both bands at Bloodstock Open air where i should confirm this opinion.
11.07.2007 - 04:53
Bitch Boy
Dark Tranquillity all the way. Not because "In Flames sold out", but because DT creates unique atmospheres and, as time goes by, they're still an excellent band, at the very top of the Gothenburg scene.
11.07.2007 - 12:51
dark awakening
I prefer DT though In Flames' first two album are masterpieces and they are more technique. But DT never disappoints its fans and still continues to create great atmospheres and emotions through years, while in Flames has lost its way long ago at the times of Reroute To Remain.
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
23.09.2007 - 06:07
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
DT for me - Dt are more consistent than in flames in my opninion
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.09.2007 - 07:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hate both bands, but I voted for Dark Tranquillity. The Gallery is the best album between these two bands, and Character might also be better than anything In Flames has released. And needless to day, In Flames are massive sellouts.
23.09.2007 - 16:06
Remus
Written by Black Winter on 09.07.2007 at 15:56

In Flames are satanic

Oh yeah, i heard "Come Clarity" is a regular favourite with the cultists when they perform animal sacrifices down at the local cemetary !

Ok, on a more serious note, i'm not really into any of these bands but DT i really couldn't get into. I tried and i tried but.. So i'll go In Flames on this one.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
23.09.2007 - 16:19
Black Winter
Written by Remus on 23.09.2007 at 16:06

Written by Black Winter on 09.07.2007 at 15:56

In Flames are satanic

Oh yeah, i heard "Come Clarity" is a regular favourite with the cultists when they perform animal sacrifices down at the local cemetary !

Ok, on a more serious note, i'm not really into any of these bands but DT i really couldn't get into. I tried and i tried but.. So i'll go In Flames on this one.

tou should've heard Episode 666
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
23.09.2007 - 16:23
Remus
^I believe i have, though i didn't understand the lyrics. I think earlier In Flames is better than the stuff they play now. Biosphere is a good song.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.09.2007 - 21:33
Danny Thomas
about 2 years i voted on this and chose in flames, but not anymore. i liked in flames older material more than Dark Tranquillity's older material, but new in flames doesn't even come close to new dark tranquillity. i feel as if dark tranquillity improves with every album whereas in flames gets worse. come to think of it, dark tranquillity is probably my favorite band right now
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
25.09.2007 - 02:59
oncewasnot_duna
Account deleted
Yeah, the only reason why I voted In Flames is because Lunar Strain, in my opinion, owns all. Plus, I don't care so much for Dark Tranquility.

>___> cough . . . They kind of ruined In Flames way back when Stranne left after Lunar Strain. Other than that first album, everything by them sucks.
27.09.2007 - 19:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Well comparing DT with IF is tough for me because I love both bands, but to be true DT have kept a steady pace, all of their albums are good in my opinion and I don't find all IF albums good. So there, thats the decision. If released the "jester race" in 1996, one year after DT released "the gallery", so they are even similar in that. "the gallery" and "the jester race" are albums that influenced me more than words can express.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.09.2007 - 10:28
b0000mst1ck
good poll. i'm a fan of both and have both band's disco's, but overall i'd have to say DT is a better group as a whole. they've stayed true to their musical form and have had more success as a band. IF used to be good, but come clarity wasn't a great release. their newest song abnegation is wretchid.

however, i think anders is a better vocalist. he's more diverse as a singer, but mikael takes the gold in composing and not selling out.
28.09.2007 - 13:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I actually prefer Stanne's voice to be honest. I think Stanne's gutural voice can be extremely agressive at times and just sounds good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.09.2007 - 14:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well, In Flames was a better band at first but today they're awful. Dark Tranquillity though weren't that good in the beginning IMO but are today very good!
----
30.09.2007 - 21:49
Olli
I prefer In Flames.. just. both excelent bands but there are more songs that i really love from in flames
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
02.10.2007 - 16:07
Woutjinho
Account deleted
In Flames bored the shit out of me live. can you imagine what they do if I put a cd of them in my player
03.10.2007 - 13:08
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I came here just to vote DT
09.10.2007 - 23:37
Mustis
Account deleted
dark tranquillity is a lot better than in flames, the recent albums of dark tranquillity prove that, they are just gettin better and better
22.10.2007 - 22:30
Dark Tranquillity!!!!!!!!
23.10.2007 - 19:14
theseventh
Account deleted
Written by Author on 02.10.2007 at 16:07

In Flames bored the shit out of me live. can you imagine what they do if I put a cd of them in my player

And DT doesn't bore you live..? That vocalist annoys me time after time, the rest of the band does great!
On cd I'm not able to choose between these bands, maybe I'd go for DT then.
But live...: In flames are a very good live-band and DT just aren't (mainly because of vocalist)
24.10.2007 - 15:28
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Author on 23.10.2007 at 19:14

Written by Author on 02.10.2007 at 16:07

And DT doesn't bore you live..? That vocalist annoys me time after time, the rest of the band does great!
On cd I'm not able to choose between these bands, maybe I'd go for DT then.
But live...: In flames are a very good live-band and DT just aren't (mainly because of vocalist)

I dont say stanne is great. but Dark Tranquillity didnt bored the shit out of me though which In Flames did
Dark Tranquillity just bores me a little
10.12.2007 - 21:05
RockeRoy
In flames getts my vote! I think DT sucks bigtime
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
16.12.2007 - 15:14
OK I change to In Flames their have better tracks than Dark Tranquility.
16.12.2007 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 16.12.2007 at 15:14

OK I change to In Flames their have better tracks than Dark Tranquility.

have you hear all DT albums how many you know of them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing