Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
13.10.2008 - 22:56
Janne
Hugin
Written by Doc G. on 13.10.2008 at 22:42

Written by Ernotar on 13.10.2008 at 19:10

Written by FOOCK Nam on 13.10.2008 at 16:35

Written by Ernotar on 24.07.2008 at 14:40

Let's just remember that even though you'd like COB guys to always stay teenagers and repeat the same style album after album, they (like everyone else) get older and view things differently than before. And they make the music for themselves too, not just for the fans. Alexi has said that he's even a bit ashamed of the older albums. But of course you can dislike the new album, since there are as many tastes in music as there are people...

I know this is a bit your old post. But may I ask..where source from you get that Alexi said he shamed about old albums? also did he explain why or more concretely why he shamed about COB albums, is that because of the lyric of those old albums? If any, can you give me the link if he expressed such in some interview.

It was one radio interview about a year ago. He was there together with Janne. The host played some of their older songs and they both laughed hard at those and said that the vocals and keyboards sound very childish and cheesy. Teenage angst was one word they used to describe that. Of course they might have drank a couple of beers before the interview and probably tried to make it amusing for the listeners too.

Well I've actually read an interview somewhere (I can't remember where, but I swear it exists!) that Alexi thought the first album was crap....

I don't belive that somebody says his own music is crap... especially if it isn't.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
13.10.2008 - 23:16
VPeter
Better belief it, Peter Steele of Type O Negative for example finds World Coming Down crap, eventough it is not crap.
13.10.2008 - 23:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Janne on 13.10.2008 at 22:56

I don't belive that somebody says his own music is crap... especially if it isn't.

It happens. People become ashamed of earlier works that possibly weren't as good as they could have been. And I know I've read that interview, I'm googling it now just because its bugging me so much. Might take a while to go through pages of interviews.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.10.2008 - 23:24
Janne
Hugin
Written by Doc G. on 13.10.2008 at 23:17

It happens. People become ashamed of earlier works that possibly weren't as good as they could have been. And I know I've read that interview, I'm googling it now just because its bugging me so much. Might take a while to go through pages of interviews.

I'm very curious about it, i hope you'll find it.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.10.2008 - 05:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Janne on 13.10.2008 at 23:24

Written by Doc G. on 13.10.2008 at 23:17

I'm very curious about it, i hope you'll find it.

Me too, I'm not sure the part that bothers me more, the fact that I look like a liar, or the fact that I know I've seen it and I know I'm going to find it like 8 months from now when I won't even care anymore.
----
- George Carlin
28.10.2008 - 19:18
CHILDREN OF BODOM FUCKING RULES
28.10.2008 - 19:43
ASiema113
Thought their new album was okay but I find their newer stuff (at least some of the time) to be pretty bland. Although A.Y.D.Y has grown on me & I've become fond if it as an album in itself. But I feel that the days of obessive shred has been surpassed, but obvoiusly not the case w/the lyrics. But then again Laiho wasn't scouted for his vocab abilities.

But they did put on a hell of a show in the HOB a few years back, and they ended with Downfall, which I thought was pretty sweet. Although I did notice people were craving Something Wild...
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
04.11.2008 - 20:22
Land Of Doom
Written by THRASHTILDEATH on 28.10.2008 at 19:18

CHILDREN OF BODOM FUCKING RULES

Maybe They Do That But Its A Wonderful Song
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
06.12.2008 - 08:35
Go Forth Or Die
Account deleted
I like mostly all of children of bodoms stuff but even as a hardcore fan i got to admit sometimes i do long for there old style
06.12.2008 - 16:27
thefadedline
I am seeing these on tuesday and i can't wait. partly the only reason i am going. they are the first support band so they probably won't be on for long, but i only paid £25 for the ticket so i don't mind. i won't even put myself down by announcing the headline band!
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
08.12.2008 - 11:09
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by thefadedline on 06.12.2008 at 16:27

I am seeing these on tuesday and i can't wait. partly the only reason i am going. they are the first support band so they probably won't be on for long, but i only paid £25 for the ticket so i don't mind. i won't even put myself down by announcing the headline band!

That headline band might be a really big name cuz in Finland Cannibal Corpse and Diablo are opening for Bodom.
08.12.2008 - 17:32
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 08.12.2008 at 11:09

That headline band might be a really big name cuz in Finland Cannibal Corpse and Diablo are opening for Bodom.

Is there a bigger name than COB nowadays?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.12.2008 - 21:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Janne on 08.12.2008 at 17:32

Amongst teenagers, probably not, but on the overall scale theres plenty of bands out there today who are bigger than Bodom.
----
- George Carlin
08.12.2008 - 22:01
Janne
Hugin
Written by Doc G. on 08.12.2008 at 21:55

Amongst teenagers, probably not, but on the overall scale theres plenty of bands out there today who are bigger than Bodom.

Ok. that's why I said nowadays. I don't count with bands from the '80s which are still very famous... like Iron Maiden, Metallica and these old shits..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.12.2008 - 22:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Janne on 08.12.2008 at 22:01

Ok. that's why I said nowadays. I don't count with bands from the '80s which are still very famous... like Iron Maiden, Metallica and these old shits..

Whether you may like it or not, Slipknot is bigger.
----
- George Carlin
08.12.2008 - 22:22
Janne
Hugin
Written by Doc G. on 08.12.2008 at 22:11

Written by Janne on 08.12.2008 at 22:01

Whether you may like it or not, Slipknot is bigger.

In the US it's obvious, but is it bigger in Europe? if so, that's very sad but that's only my personal opinion.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
09.12.2008 - 14:23
thefadedline
Haha, exactly dr.rock. shameful ain't it?! but worth it i think, to see bodom, considering they haven't done a uk tour in forever and if they did i missed it!
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
09.12.2008 - 18:46
VPeter
It's rarely that I like the single version over the album version with songs, but the Hate Me single version is just so much better then the album version, especially the guitars in the begining.
09.12.2008 - 19:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
A band that I cant never be a fan of them never!
09.12.2008 - 20:00
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 09.12.2008 at 19:03

It's interesting, how long have you known/listen to them?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.12.2008 - 09:31
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 09.12.2008 at 20:00

Written by Guest on 09.12.2008 at 19:03

It's interesting, how long have you known/listen to them?

First time I heard of them was about their music video, Everytime I Die which is a nice song. but there is somthin their works that I cant like it. maybe its Alexi's voice which I cant take. the other thing that has made feel bad about is their guitar sounds. everything is Treble (Skirl) in their work. the other thing is that they r a little Teenager-Liked, IMO.
I just cant enjoy their music, but they r a nice band.
12.12.2008 - 03:13
bard
Random question, does anyone know if those random death quotes in between songs are referring to any outside sources? I can't remember off the top of my head what songs they came before or after, but I'm guessing other fans would know what I'm referring to.

example, "Death? What do you all know about death?" "I was only 17 when I died" etc.
----
12.12.2008 - 08:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by bard on 12.12.2008 at 03:13

Random question, does anyone know if those random death quotes in between songs are referring to any outside sources? I can't remember off the top of my head what songs they came before or after, but I'm guessing other fans would know what I'm referring to.

example, "Death? What do you all know about death?" "I was only 17 when I died" etc.

I don't think they really have any meaning, they're just cool sounding quotes from movies. I know the "Death? What do you know about death?" was from Platoon and the "From now on, We are enemies..." was from Amadeus.
----
- George Carlin
20.12.2008 - 18:03
Janne
Hugin
Written by Doc G. on 12.12.2008 at 08:46

Written by bard on 12.12.2008 at 03:13

I don't think they really have any meaning, they're just cool sounding quotes from movies. I know the "Death? What do you know about death?" was from Platoon and the "From now on, We are enemies..." was from Amadeus.

I think the same. They are just sound good, but I don't think there's any concept in them. Read wikipedia, there must be some informations about it.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.01.2009 - 23:31
written in stone
Account deleted

Let's just remember that even though you'd like COB guys to always stay teenagers and repeat the same style album after album, they (like everyone else) get older and view things differently than before. And they make the music for themselves too, not just for the fans. Alexi has said that he's even a bit ashamed of the older albums. But of course you can dislike the new album, since there are as many tastes in music as there are people...

I know this is a bit your old post. But may I ask..where source from you get that Alexi said he shamed about old albums? also did he explain why or more concretely why he shamed about COB albums, is that because of the lyric of those old albums? If any, can you give me the link if he expressed such in some interview.

It was one radio interview about a year ago. He was there together with Janne. The host played some of their older songs and they both laughed hard at those and said that the vocals and keyboards sound very childish and cheesy. Teenage angst was one word they used to describe that. Of course they might have drank a couple of beers before the interview and probably tried to make it amusing for the listeners too.

Well I've actually read an interview somewhere (I can't remember where, but I swear it exists!) that Alexi thought the first album was crap....

ya i've also read that alexi said that he thought the first album was crap, but he also said the 2nd album wasnt very good and that he's solo's where rushed and everything was unorganized but hey come on some of the best songs where on hatebreeder, Downfall too good, Childern of bodom that song is soo soo good but hey who are we right? we didnt write it, but there sound has changed from underground metal to more of a i dont want to say radio friendly but i think you know what i mean.
16.01.2009 - 12:34
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 23:31

ya i've also read that alexi said that he thought the first album was crap, but he also said the 2nd album wasnt very good and that he's solo's where rushed and everything was unorganized but hey come on some of the best songs where on hatebreeder, Downfall too good, Childern of bodom that song is soo soo good but hey who are we right? we didnt write it, but there sound has changed from underground metal to more of a i dont want to say radio friendly but i think you know what i mean.

Shame... but still a fan of them. I'll see them live the first time in February! I can hardly wait!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.01.2009 - 02:18
written in stone
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 16.01.2009 at 12:34

Shame... but still a fan of them. I'll see them live the first time in February! I can hardly wait!!

oh ya? thats sweet i seen them live twice once with slayer then with megadeath there awsome live i just wish they would as a headliner would be so much better or sinergy come here that would be so good.
17.01.2009 - 15:39
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 02:18

oh ya? thats sweet i seen them live twice once with slayer then with megadeath there awsome live i just wish they would as a headliner would be so much better or sinergy come here that would be so good.

Now they will headline So I expect a great show!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.01.2009 - 18:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hell yeah! The first time I saw them headline ("Chaos Ridden Years" show) I was blown away by the performance and the awesome setlist. It was also the second live show I attended, so everything was still kinda new to me. Will never forget that evening.

Oh, and BTW, I really hope Alexi isn't ashamed of the older albums. I hope he was drunk. I totally understand it when guys like Thomas Gabriel Fischer bashes his albums like "Cold Lake". But Cob? No.
----
17.01.2009 - 20:27
written in stone
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 17.01.2009 at 15:39

Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 02:18

Now they will headline So I expect a great show!

lucky bastard, lol. i wish too see them headline that wold be one of my longest dream. and to see sinergy....cant belive you where at COB's dvd recording i have that dvd watch it everyday. man must be nice to live in sweden i mean you guys get the best metal right away know about the underground shit ya know. just right smack in the middle of the greatest metal sence, well besides finland haha.