Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

02.09.2007 - 15:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
----
02.09.2007 - 23:18
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
Honestly i respect the band but after Hate Crew i lost interest in them just because it seemed like they were pumping out mediocre album after album as just an excuse to stay in the limelight rathe than put out good material for the fans.
----
HORROR METAL
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
Honestly i respect the band but after Hate Crew i lost interest in them just because it seemed like they were pumping out mediocre album after album as just an excuse to stay in the limelight rathe than put out good material for the fans.
----
HORROR METAL
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
----
HORROR METAL
03.09.2007 - 01:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, it seems you really respect them, since you posted that 3 times.
----
03.09.2007 - 03:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Stalker on 03.09.2007 at 01:10

Well, it seems you really respect them, since you posted that 3 times.

That is what I call respect and dedication

Anyway, new song sucks to me, I doubt I will even download album not to mention buying.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.09.2007 - 20:57
Chaosgoat
I personally think their new album will be better than AYDY. Although their new song wasn't very good, its style was better than AYDY. I kind of liked AYDY, but it wasn't the same Bodom that gave us masterpeices like Hatebreeder. Does anyone know what genre is AYDY is? I don't think its extreme power anymore.
03.09.2007 - 22:08
In Chaos
i'm definitely going to buy their new album. the new song is good, but not as good as some of their other songs. hope there will come some better songs on the new album as well. but i doubt it will be as good as some of their older albums, but time will show.
03.09.2007 - 23:13
Bash'
:)
The song starts to go ok after it's middle.. Anyways, these guys are declining in songwriting! if only one album like their debut...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
04.09.2007 - 05:09
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
they are so generically awful now

Follow The Reaper shall always have a special place in ma heart though, very awesome release
04.09.2007 - 18:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MassacreofWords on 02.09.2007 at 23:18

Album after album??? They've released one album after Hate Crew Deathroll.
----
04.09.2007 - 19:46
Chaosgoat
Written by Warman on 04.09.2007 at 18:35

And HCDR wasn't mediocre. It had some very good songs. It was just a change in style. In my oppinion there wasn't a single bad song on it. Sadly the same cannot be said about AYDY.
05.09.2007 - 17:45
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper for the win...I still like them, but I prefer their older style.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
08.09.2007 - 05:15
Vras
Account deleted
I may have just had some bad luck in which songs I chose to listen to but for me it just sounds like someone trying to copy Kalmah alittle and doing a bad jod at it. Not the one of the worst I've heard but not going on any of my playlists any time soon.
08.09.2007 - 05:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 08.09.2007 at 05:15

I may have just had some bad luck in which songs I chose to listen to but for me it just sounds like someone trying to copy Kalmah alittle and doing a bad jod at it. Not the one of the worst I've heard but not going on any of my playlists any time soon.

How do you know they copied Kalmah? sure Kalmah was formed before Bodom, but Bodom released there first album in '97, followed by one in '99 and '00. Kalmah released there debut album in '00, so your statement seems really uneducated. Bodom had 3 albums under there belt by the time Kalmah released there first, how do you know it isnt the other way around?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.09.2007 - 18:40
Vras
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 08.09.2007 at 05:48

Written by Guest on 08.09.2007 at 05:15

I may have just had some bad luck in which songs I chose to listen to but for me it just sounds like some one trying to copy Kalmah alittle and doing a bad jod at it. Not the one of the worst I've heard but not going on any of my playlists any time soon.

How do you know they copied Kalmah? sure Kalmah was formed before Bodom, but Bodom released there first album in '97, followed by one in '99 and '00. Kalmah released there debut album in '00, so your statement seems really uneducated. Bodom had 3 albums under there belt by the time Kalmah released there first, how do you know it isnt the other way around?

I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying that the music sounds like a bad copy. Not that I think they did. By saying "sounds like some one trying to copy Kalmah and doing a bad job at it" I'm describing what it sounds like to me, not saying I thought they did. They're both simular and COB reminds me of Kalmah only I don't think COB is anywhere near has good. To me its just like the difference between a band/artist and the people on things like American Idol singing their songs and not doing them well.
13.09.2007 - 22:47
Fane
Old Bodom.. oh yeah. Old Kalmah... oh yeah. But wtf is happening now? They are both going dooooooown Kalmah's Swamplord was so awesome album and I was nearly shocked when I heard The Black Waltz. Or CoB's legendary Follow the Reaper compared to Hate Crew Deathroll. I just hope they do something to this. I'm waiting for CoB's and Kalmah's new albums which are gonna be released in 2008 and hoping they have done a 180 degrees turn back on those album just like Suidakra did.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
16.09.2007 - 00:25
?Master?
Account deleted
children of bodom is a really good band
some dont like them but fuk laihos got sum fukin fingering skills .....
on the guitar stupid:) JK
19.09.2007 - 22:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Some news about Alexi side-project,
Peräaukko Sivistyksessä (Asshole in Civilization), the new Kylähullut album wil be released in Finland on November via Kråklund Records.

01. Tillintallin tasapää! (Brainless)
02. Kourallinen turhia (Big Brother) (Fistfull of pointless (Big Brother) (MP3 here)
03. Kieli hanurissa (Tongue in ass)
04. Heta Hyttisen taskuparkki (Pocketpark of Heta Hyttinen)
05. Lävistetyn laulu (Song of perforated) (MP3 here)
06. Mä heitän sut pihalle! (I throw you to yard!)
07. Kameratutkat, suoriksi mutkat (Cameraradars, curves straight)
08. Hiltonin Pariisi (Hilton's Paris)
09. Torakat (Cockroachs)
10. Pillu (Cunt)
11. Kyllä saa Vanhastakin panettaa (Surely Vanhanen can wanna have sex)
12. AOR (AOR)

The band :
Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) - Guitar, Vocals
Vesku Jokinen (Klamydia) - Vocals
Tonmi Lillman - Drums, Bass

Their official website here.

Enjoy.
20.09.2007 - 18:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Chaosgoat on 04.09.2007 at 19:46

And HCDR wasn't mediocre. It had some very good songs. It was just a change in style. In my oppinion there wasn't a single bad song on it.

I agree. I love that album and it's a very important one for me too.
----
24.09.2007 - 01:34
Chaosgoat
Written by Warman on 20.09.2007 at 18:42

And HCDR wasn't mediocre. It had some very good songs. It was just a change in style. In my oppinion there wasn't a single bad song on it.

What I dont understand is why don't people like it? Its a very strong album to me. I think its funny that when a band changes style, they are hated for it without reason. Its almost like the masses are trying to drown creative spirit.
24.09.2007 - 03:55
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
"Follow The Reaper" is a concept album about Alexi Laiho's attempted suicide right
24.09.2007 - 10:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Chaosgoat on 24.09.2007 at 01:34

What I dont understand is why don't people like it? Its a very strong album to me. I think its funny that when a band changes style, they are hated for it without reason. Its almost like the masses are trying to drown creative spirit.

I think its because that album introduced a new level of melody to it, for me, i noticed it was alot more accessible than the ablums before it, and with that accessability comes new fans who normally dont like extreme metal (ive met people who are Bodom fans but otherwise dont like metal), and I guess this really alienates alot of diehard fans who were there from the start, thats my best guess as to why its hated. BTW I agree, its actually my favorite Bodom album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.09.2007 - 23:57
Chaosgoat
Written by Doc G. on 24.09.2007 at 10:20

Written by Chaosgoat on 24.09.2007 at 01:34

I think its because that album introduced a new level of melody to it, for me, i noticed it was alot more accessible than the ablums before it, and with that accessability comes new fans who normally dont like extreme metal (ive met people who are Bodom fans but otherwise dont like metal), and I guess this really alienates alot of diehard fans who were there from the start, thats my best guess as to why its hated. BTW I agree, its actually my favorite Bodom album.

Actually I found it to have equal melody to the other albums(maybe less than hatebreeder). It had far more emotion to it than the others which is why I feel more connected to it than the others. It has the perfect amount of technicality so it keeps us instrumentalists entertained, but doesn't bore the nonmusicians. Its their most heavy album since their debut, so there is no reason for a sane metalhead to hate this album. And BTW hating a band/album for its fans is shallow. I would really like to hear from an actual hater why this album is bad rather than receive speculation from fans like you and I.
12.10.2007 - 23:32
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Children of bodom reinvented metal there is no band like them
----
Stay Metal !!!
13.10.2007 - 01:47
Olli
I can't really decide if I like the new song or not.. I don't think it's bad exactly but it doesn't seem very interesting to me. The keyboard bit sounds pretty good but it seems sort of out of place?
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
13.10.2007 - 10:56
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 12.10.2007 at 23:32

Please explain that comment...I don't think they "reinvented" anything...but I might be mistaken...if so please correct me
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.10.2007 - 11:02
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by GT on 13.10.2007 at 10:56

Please explain that comment...I don't think they "reinvented" anything...but I might be mistaken...if so please correct me

I mean there was no one like them before they reinvented a style like a power metal buut very agressive vocals thats what i ment something very new but, well maybe i exagerate with the Word hehe
----
Stay Metal !!!
13.10.2007 - 13:17
VPeter
After Follow the reaper they started to suck, hatecrew deathroll still had good guitar play, while Are you dead yet? didn't had anything good anymore.
13.10.2007 - 14:30
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 13.10.2007 at 11:02

Written by GT on 13.10.2007 at 10:56

I mean there was no one like them before they reinvented a style like a power metal buut very agressive vocals thats what i ment something very new but, well maybe i exagerate with the Word hehe

Okay that makes more sense...I don't know if they were the first to do the power metal with harsh vocals, but they were the first band I listened to doing that. So I agree to the point that they opened the more extreme side of metal for me
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep