Metal Storm logo
That's So Metal...

Original post

Posted by Bitter Dawn, 16.09.2007 - 00:44
Alright, I suppose this thread idea came from watching too much Metalocalypse, and how thing's can be "so metal", ie: when Pickles is in the Finntroll grocery store and is talking to the clerk about cooking lobster.
This isn't intended as a "more holier/metal than thou", although it may seem that way, but more of a story and experiance comparison or sharing.

-----

- The first concert I attended when I was sixteen was the original Black Sabbath line-up.
- Having seen Slayer only twice, the second time I got kicked in the head.. by a crowd surfer.
- Wore a chainmail shirt, leather pant's and New Rock's to a Dimmu show, and had bloody elbow's by the time the show was over.
- Skinned/de-meated a pig head while listening to Mayhem album's "Wolf's Lair Abyss" and "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" .... cutting the underside of the neck muscle, which was attached to the tongue, was particularily "brutal". Story behind that is, one of the bartender's at my job mentioned he was getting his pigs taken to the butchers, so I asked for one of the head's because I wanted the skull for my wife.
14.08.2008 - 19:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Banan stickers are so metal that they scare me.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.08.2008 - 19:44
owl
Baby "Kill 'em All" fake shirts are so Metal it hurts.
----
15.08.2008 - 07:36
Oracle
Orcinus
Hehe where would we be without Banana stickers?!
They are the most Br00tall thing
17.08.2008 - 18:10
Piro
Written by owl on 14.08.2008 at 19:44

Baby "Kill 'em All" fake shirts are so Metal it hurts.

I once saw this little kid (maybe 6/7) wearing a shirt with the Cannibal Corpse Logo on it. It looked custom made too, but it was freaking awesome!
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
27.05.2009 - 01:40
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Yeah, it's so brutal when I see ten-year kids wearing a metal band t-shirt, feels so good, oh the future is coming for us hehe.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.05.2009 - 01:49
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I remember this guy at a Soulfly concert, he must have been in his 40s and he sported Soulfly and Sepultura tatoos. The funny thing was when his girl turned up with their child, the kid must have 5 at the most, he had a Brazil shirt with Cavalera's name on the back, I remember thinking how cool it will be when he grows up knowing he attended metal gigs at that age. His dad will probably keep the shirt as well as a souvenir for him when he gets older just to prove he was a cool kid.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.06.2009 - 00:34
Sy-Furr
I went to this really crappy local show in some guys basement and the vocalist of the first band got so drunk that he tripped really bad. He fell in to the bassist and then fell on the ground. He had a huge cut on his head and it was bleeding a lot. But they kept going and finished their set. But every time he was headbanging, he was flinging blood on the people in the front. And no one cared. It was sooooo metal!
03.06.2009 - 00:39
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 27.05.2009 at 01:49

I remember this guy at a Soulfly concert, he must have been in his 40s and he sported Soulfly and Sepultura tatoos. The funny thing was when his girl turned up with their child, the kid must have 5 at the most, he had a Brazil shirt with Cavalera's name on the back, I remember thinking how cool it will be when he grows up knowing he attended metal gigs at that age. His dad will probably keep the shirt as well as a souvenir for him when he gets older just to prove he was a cool kid.

But the kid, like pretty much all kids, will rebel against his parents: disown his Cavalera shirt, burt his Metal albums, go to Oxford and become a librarian with 73 cats and the largest collection of Barry Manilo bootlegs in the world.
----
(space for rent)
03.06.2009 - 01:06
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Dane Train on 03.06.2009 at 00:39

Written by Haddonfield on 27.05.2009 at 01:49

But the kid, like pretty much all kids, will rebel against his parents: disown his Cavalera shirt, burt his Metal albums, go to Oxford and become a librarian with 73 cats and the largest collection of Barry Manilo bootlegs in the world.

Probably got a point there. His father will need to give to give him his own tattoo before he does rebel so he can never forget his roots.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
20.08.2009 - 15:41
Razorback
I was out with friends,and saw couple with their little son,he was about 5 years old,but with little metallica t-shirt,little converse-all stars shoes and long hair,that was soooooo metal
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
21.08.2009 - 14:08
dEAthB3D
3 years ago when my friend got an accident, his leather jacket was torn apart and blood rushes from his head and he's still smiling...
soooooo damn metal
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
26.08.2009 - 10:27
Saitenhexerin
The kid that stood next to me at the last Machine Head concert. He was maybe 11, 12 years old and could also sing along all songs and he had a great time there! It is cool to see younger Metalfans as well...so we won't die out
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
02.11.2009 - 08:12
tulkas
el parcero
I thought this would be a very METAL wedding cake:

----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
02.11.2009 - 15:45
SerratedSyringe
So I was talking with my friend at school, when he randomly pulls a skull out of his pocket. I ask him where he bought it from, and he replies "Oh I didn't buy it. I found a dead raccoon on my way home, so I cut the head off, skinned it, and bleached it." in a very casual manner. I thought it was pretty metal.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
12.11.2009 - 02:34
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Nope, that was not metal, just disgusting
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
12.11.2009 - 09:09
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Daggon on 12.11.2009 at 02:34

Remove this: " " and i agree with the rest.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
13.11.2009 - 00:58
SerratedSyringe
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 12.11.2009 at 09:09

Judging from your list of bands, I would think you would appriciate my story.
----
13.11.2009 - 06:34
Kratos
I once saw a 4-5 year old Indian girl wearing a Slayer shirt.
13.11.2009 - 07:14
MetallicA
My friend's head got a nasty gash in it during a Cannibal Corpse moshpit...he was bleeding all over his face and he would not let security take him out.

About a month or so later, he drove to the next state to see Cannibal Corpse again and this time, he met one of the dudes (I believe it was Alex Webster). My friend told him about how he got the nasty gash and Alex actually remembered seeing some dude with blood all over his face from the show a month before so he gave my friend a shitton of free merch! Yeah now that's metal!

I saw a post earlier about some guy with titanium in his hip...my boyfriend has all kinds of metal shit in his leg. here's the x ray:

and the before pic:
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
13.11.2009 - 07:52
MetalSpider
....I eat food with metal cutlery!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
13.11.2009 - 15:17
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.11.2009 at 00:58

Hahahaha...Brilliant. Well, maybe.
But what if Cattle Decapitation is my most favorite?
----
13.11.2009 - 15:40
SerratedSyringe
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 13.11.2009 at 15:17

Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.11.2009 at 00:58

Hahahaha...Brilliant. Well, maybe.
But what if Cattle Decapitation is my most favorite?

Just as long as it's not a raccoon, right?
----
13.11.2009 - 15:58
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.11.2009 at 15:40

Just as long as it's not a raccoon, right?

No, seriousely, i love animals even dead ones. Which might seem so NOT metal...
----
14.11.2009 - 04:47
SerratedSyringe
I wouldn't go out of my way to kill an animal, but if it's already dead, why let it go to waste?
----
14.11.2009 - 15:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by SerratedSyringe on 14.11.2009 at 04:47

I wouldn't go out of my way to kill an animal, but if it's already dead, why let it go to waste?

I thought the same thing...If you take good care of the skull the first days, it can look pretty damn good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.11.2009 - 03:10
jollygreen
Me and my friends got caught for truancy a long time ago and while me and my friend were in the squad car Judas Priests -Breaking the law came on and we started head banging.
"There will be no headbanging in the back of my squad car."-Cop Lady
15.11.2009 - 05:04
SerratedSyringe
Written by jollygreen on 15.11.2009 at 03:10

Me and my friends got caught for truancy a long time ago and while me and my friend were in the squad car Judas Priests -Breaking the law came on and we started head banging.
"There will be no hangbanging in the back of my squad car."-Cop Lady

That is amazing. It seems us metalheads are always on the bad side of ol' Jonny Law. I have plenty of stories myself, but that is a different discussion for a different thread.
----
20.11.2009 - 01:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
A friend killed a roach by sparying it with deodorant, then tstating "see you in hell, bitch", and throwing a lit match at it. That was pretty metal for me.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

21.11.2009 - 00:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by tulkas on 02.11.2009 at 08:12

I thought this would be a very METAL wedding cake:

It seems I found my future wedding cake. I wonder if they can make In-laws face into the zombies
----

22.11.2009 - 00:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 01:43

A friend killed a roach by sparying it with deodorant, then tstating "see you in hell, bitch", and throwing a lit match at it. That was pretty metal for me.

Oh shit... I have to try that. It would look amazing, I really dislike those insects.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.