Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
24.01.2008 - 17:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
man, hymn of the immortal warriors vs blood of the kings
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.01.2008 - 21:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hymn of the Immortal Warriors wins by a mile by me

i have in mind one music video with this song and LOTR : Return Of The King...when i will be done with it, you will see, how this Hymn is fcking glorious song
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.02.2008 - 05:14
metalhead666
Account deleted
Hail from Sai Gon city!
m/
22.02.2008 - 21:15
Raining Blood
Manowar all i have to say is...
06.03.2008 - 13:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just found this ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS passage in King Diamond's Wikipedia page:
"In the same interview he claimed to have cursed Manowar, as Fate had briefly toured as a support act to Manowar in the UK, and there were personality conflicts between the two bands."

i wonder if the spell went wrong and cursed them to repeat themselves to infinity
06.03.2008 - 15:18
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Cursed: haha that's good fun
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.03.2008 - 15:34
Hangar XVIII
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond are tied with Manowar for cheesiness in my book.
Of course, I LOVE Mercyful Fate, and I joke about Manowar every day.

Best Manowar song ever: Hail and Kill
Comparing killing people to periods xD Best simile ever.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
20.03.2008 - 15:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hangar XVIII on 06.03.2008 at 15:34

Best Manowar song ever: Hail and Kill
Comparing killing people to periods xD Best simile ever.

i agree, i had a playlist of all the manowar songs and "the march" from their latest album came on. thought i cut the crap and put this one on. old fashioned manowar kicks extraordinary ammounts of ass.
20.03.2008 - 15:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
also everyone has to give them credit for being one of the bands that's closest to the fans ever, anyone ever saw the video with "fuck this girl, play my guitar, drink my beer tonight"? and ofc the stuff about manowar members calling merchandise purchasers. that is truly metal(opposed to many other stuff that manowar uses and labels as being 'metal' lol).
22.04.2008 - 12:59
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
yeah manowar , it's great band , I like " Battle Hymn " song , the best
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
22.04.2008 - 16:45
nehrodwarf
I'm not a "sick" fan.
But I like too much their song, really they're amazing. Mainly on Brothers of metal.

--> Metal kiss for the girls, and a Matal saudation to guys hehe
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
12.05.2008 - 07:24
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Return Of The Gaylord is KVLT
13.05.2008 - 21:02
Gordon Freeman
I'm sorry, but I just can't take this band seriously enough to actually enjoy their music.

It probably doesn't help that I'd like to strangle Eric Adams with his own loin cloth...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
13.05.2008 - 21:50
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Gordon Freeman on 13.05.2008 at 21:02

I'm sorry, but I just can't take this band seriously enough to actually enjoy their music.
It probably doesn't help that I'd like to strangle Eric Adams with his own loin cloth...

if you don't enjoy Manowar dont listen to it. what make you insult Eric Adams?
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
13.05.2008 - 22:09
Gordon Freeman
Easy there, I didn't mean to upset your man-crush...

Why do I insult Mr. Adams...well because he's an egotistical prick who somehow feels he's earned some elite status in music by fronting a god-awful cheese band.

Furthermore, I fail to see the point of a thread designed to fellate some no talent band if nobody comes in to stir the pot every now and then.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
15.05.2008 - 18:21
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Gordon Freeman on 13.05.2008 at 22:09

Why do I insult Mr. Adams...well because he's an egotistical prick who somehow feels he's earned some elite status in music by fronting a god-awful cheese band.

Furthermore, I fail to see the point of a thread designed to fellate some no talent band if nobody comes in to stir the pot every now and then.

Dude, if you could powerscream like him, we'd let you be an egotistical prick too.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.05.2008 - 19:28
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:21

Written by Gordon Freeman on 13.05.2008 at 22:09

Dude, if you could powerscream like him, we'd let you be an egotistical prick too.

however Manowar does not mean just Eric Adams!!! but he is a real good vocalist.
----

15.05.2008 - 21:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.05.2008 at 07:24

Return Of The Gaylord is KVLT

16.05.2008 - 19:09
Dagorwen
I'm very found of their epic sound, the influence of the LoTR but of other celtic and scandinavian sagas is very important. I can't remember the album, but I found the "story telling" of a grand father very good (and quite funny) "as I walked through the enchanted forest", with the british epic accent and rolled Rs, ending by "but, tell me, who were those knight? _Who they were? They were THE METAL KINGS!!!!!"

there is also a kind of "old biker" style which is quite funny indeed!
17.05.2008 - 21:33
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Dagorwen on 16.05.2008 at 19:09

I'm very found of their epic sound, the influence of the LoTR ...

which song contains the influence of the LOTR
----

18.05.2008 - 19:17
Dagorwen
Well, it's probably just an idea (like the poet who read the name of the goddess Isis in the date 1515), for when I listened to Manowar, I was particularly obsessed by the LOTR, but for exemple, in "Kingdom come" I analysed "see the white light, the light within" as a reference to Aerendil's light... I don't know if they thought about it, may be it's just my references
18.05.2008 - 19:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i would say The Crown And The Ring has "the athmospehere" of LOTR
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.05.2008 - 18:58
vatro
Account deleted
Very good heavy metal band
24.05.2008 - 22:28
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Dagorwen on 18.05.2008 at 19:17

in "Kingdom come" I analysed "see the white light, the light within" as a reference to Aerendil's light...

you have a very nice imagination!!! Aerendil and kingdom come
----

29.05.2008 - 23:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dagorwen on 16.05.2008 at 19:09

I'm very found of their epic sound, the influence of the LoTR but of other celtic and scandinavian sagas is very important. I can't remember the album, but I found the "story telling" of a grand father very good (and quite funny) "as I walked through the enchanted forest", with the british epic accent and rolled Rs, ending by "but, tell me, who were those knight? _Who they were? They were THE METAL KINGS!!!!!"

there is also a kind of "old biker" style which is quite funny indeed!

the 'song'(it's actually just a narration, really epic if i remember but it's their cheesiest thing in all their albums) you are talking about is The Warrior's Prayer from Kings of Metal.

does anyone know if Ross the Boss Band plays Manowar songs?
30.05.2008 - 20:01
Dagorwen
thanx! the transition between this one and the following song is very well done: "they were the metal kings" -> guitar! (without blank)
13.07.2008 - 21:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well it turns out that Ross the Boss actually plays Manowar songs, more obscure tracks like Death Tone, Hail to England, Fighting the World, Thor, Gloves of Metal. the vocalist dude also is a great showman, though he can't power-scream like Adams can, so if you can't get to any Manowar show you can always see his band live. also at the end of their set they played Hail and Kill, and did they slay? hell yeah.

also Fighting the World was really awesome, though i've never even listened to the track beforehand, i managed to get it in like 10 seconds lol.
01.09.2008 - 13:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
just found this MONSTROUS video from their "Absolute Power", i almost shit my pants, i haven't seen anything this epic in a long time... Battle Hymn is enough epicness as is, but with all 3 of the guitarists that were in manowar and all 3 drummers that were in manowar, plus Eric and Joey, all at the same time.... absolutely incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2bnKeUvKG0

guess that Mercyful Fate curse didn't work too good lol
01.09.2008 - 15:39
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Valentin B: thank you for that video...quite epic as you say
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
01.09.2008 - 16:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast