Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
10.06.2017 - 17:28
Kreator and Obituary in Boston.
06.10.2017 - 02:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Elaine and WASP in Luleå

This time I wont write story about event, nobody reads, , writes it and nobody cares about it, that sescion from Europe is dead.
Nobody cares how I arrived, went home and so on.

Elaine is female fronted symphonic metal band from Skåne. Somehow dont fits in WASP, but band was good live, good sound, plaid few tunes IMO 5.
It was great way to band be bigger, Sweden saw it, even not all, 60% came just for wasp and 10% were drunk

WASP, from 2 other times, this was best whit sound, and somehow I was so bored, I have seen Crimson Idol 2 times, best 3 times, I don't get how people can see same band more then 5 times? If wasp will come next year unless they wont change a set list I wont go. Blackie did not said a word and had not that microphone whit scull. 2 parts one was film about him (I don't get if his father was abuser and Christian, abuse him, how came he is new born Christian, why don't hates it? set list was to short for it, then tradional best, what all wanna hear..... boring.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2017 - 01:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Last one I saw was this past Saturday. I saw Sigur Rós for the second time and they were once again brilliant. Such beautiful atmosphere! The setlist was definitely a fan-service as they went heavily on albums like ( ) and Takk. I also got only one song from Agaetis Byrjun but it was my favorite one "Ny Batteri" so I was extremely pleased.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.11.2017 - 21:45
BetulaObscura
I am very picky about concerts.
The bigger tun-off for me is poor acoustics, crowded places.
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
05.12.2017 - 00:07
Galvenstaid
The last concert I saw was Sabaton in Minnesota. Battle Beast and Leaves Eyes opened for them, though I was too late to catch any of Leaves Eyes. Overall it was an excellent show, and in my opinion the smaller venue served it well. I saw Ghost in a much larger venue and it was an overall good experience but I felt it was just more focused at the Sabaton show.
01.01.2018 - 17:28
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
The last rock show I went to was The War On Drugs at the Greek Theater in LA (October 5, 2017), and the last metal show I went to was Amorphis and Swallow The Sun at the Grove in Anaheim (April 9, 2017).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
31.01.2018 - 10:44
Last one I went to was 16/11/2017 and that was to see Perturbator in London. Absolutely cracking show and thoroughly recommend seeing him live if you get the chance.
08.04.2018 - 03:51
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Last concert I watched was Pestilence + Sinister last friday. Today I bought tickets for the upcoming events:

- Mortem: The Devil Speaks In Tongues 20th anniversary
- Grave Desecrator from Brazil with Goat Semen as one of the openers
- Radiohead
- Immolation
- Bölzer
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
11.04.2018 - 00:42
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Ne Obliviscaris with Allegaeon as support.

Allegaeon: Surprised how much I like the last album if them, so was excited to see them live. They delivered a good show, even though the sound may could be better. Still impressed j'y these guys.

Ne Obliviscaris: Holy f*cking sh*t, these guys really know how to pull off a gig! Fantastic sound and performance, "As Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope" is absolutely fantastic live! Vocalist from Allegaeon did some vocal parts which was really cool, and Tim's fiancee did some violin parts together with him. A magical concert to be remembered!
04.07.2018 - 11:45
EricAxel36
Just saw Uada and they played 4 songs off of each album. Guitarist left the stage because his rig fucked up during the encore haha
17.08.2018 - 00:17
MetallicA
There was a free concert about a week and a half ago in the small town I live in so I went. X Ambassadors & American Authors. Yeah, not metal at all but when you live in such a small town, you will take anything!

Last metal show was a bunch of local bands back where I am from, Atlanta (a bigger city) back in June.

I have plans to see Journey & Def Leppard in a couple weeks (a 3.5 hour drive away) and Metallica in March 2019 (2 hour drive away). Behemoth is playing 7 hours north of me in November, I may drive up for that too. Thankfully, I am moving back to Florida next year. I'll be closer to a lot more shows haha
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
10.11.2018 - 21:40
Matriums
I can't attend metal concerts, my mom says they're too scary. -_-
02.03.2019 - 19:28
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
The last metal concert I went to was for Judas Priest on September 27, 2018 in Irvine.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
06.11.2022 - 03:35
Sorry for the bump. I’m a new user here. Anywho, my last concert so far is Metallica in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 28, 2022. That show rocked!
07.11.2022 - 10:11
gavdann
Last few:
Behemoth + Arch Enemy + Carcass + Unto Others @ Brixton Academy
Razor + Whiplash + Scythian + Insurgency @ Camden Underworld
Zeal & Ardor + Heriot @ Colchester Arts Center

Next couple:
Beyond the Grave Festival @ New Cross Inn
Manchester Calling @ Colchester Arts Center
09.11.2022 - 21:55
TheTrueLHC
Deftones
08.02.2023 - 15:17
pushperaj65
As for the main event, Dark Tranquillity, it was excellent as the last time I saw them in 2010. There's no denying that Portugal and these Swedes have really going vibes going on and it's a special thing. The fans were amazing for the band, the whole atmosphere was one of the best I've ever seen and the band seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. Yes, I would love "Undo Control", "Monochromatic Stains", and "Silence, and the Firmament Withdrew", which they are also playing at some shows but we didn't get it. Better luck next time and I'm sure they will return to have fun with us again.
momix
indigocard.ltd
08.02.2023 - 15:29
nonZero
Insomnium at a tiny club (~500 person capacity) near where I live. I've seen Opeth and Testament at another small club (~1,000 person capacity) nearby recently also
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
14.05.2023 - 15:24
gavdann
Last few:
Obituary + Conjurer + Celestial Sanctuary @ The Electric Ballroom, Camden
Suede @ The UEA, Norwich
Chop Suey (System of a Down) Tribute @ The Music Room, Ipswich
Warbringer + Hellripper + Phobetor @ The Electric Ballroom, Camden
Dark Fortress + The Spirit + Asphagor @ Boston Music Room, Tufnell Park
Incineration Festival @ Camden

In the diary:
Depeche Mode @ Bratislava
Carcass + Unto Others + Conjurer @ The Waterfront, Norwich
Spectral Wound + The Sun's Journey Through The Night @ The Black Heart, Camden
Suffocation + Chestburster + Jotnarr @ The Arts Centre, Colchester
Hellripper @ The Black Heart, Camden
30.05.2023 - 00:11
Dubbagloq
Just dipping my toes back into metal after a number of years out of the scene. My wife and I attend a lot of concerts, but only a couple are metal shows:

Most recent: Dream Theater & Arch Echo (2022)
Upcoming: Ghost & Amon Amarth
06.09.2023 - 19:05
WillHall
I'm ashamed to admit it, but the last concert I went to was online. It was some kind of Zoom platform or something like that. I honestly don't really remember it. I think it was more funny than cool. The artist put some stock image in the background and sang. I honestly haven't laughed like that in a long time. And the picture was out of place. It would have been better if he'd put, like, portsmouth new hampshire. As far as I know he didn't do such "concerts" anymore and I think it's for the best.
08.09.2023 - 12:23
gavdann
Gigs/Festivals attended over the summer:
Depeche Mode @ Bratislava Stadium
Carcass + Unto Others + Conjurer @ The Waterfront, Norwich
British Summer Time: Springsteen @ Hyde Park
Pulp @ Hammersmith Apollo
Primal Scream + The Jesus and Mary Chain @ Crystal Palace
All Points East: The Strokes + The Yeah Yeah Yeahs + others @ Victoria Park
Obituary + Pest Control @ Colchester Arts Centre
Live Wire @ Ipswich Corn Exchange

And gigs in the diary for the remainder of '23:
The Subways @ Ipswich Baths
Definitely Oasis @ Ipswich Baths
Hellripper @ The Black Heart
Hecate Enthroned @ Ipswich Music Room
Kraanium @ Ipswich Music Room
The Orb @ Ipswich Baths
Decapitated + Obscura @ Norwich Waterfront
21.10.2023 - 19:22
Steiney
Last concert I went to was Amon Amarth/Ghost (whatever, I like them) with our entire family.

Before that it was Deterioration/ vomit forth / Gates of hell / Kruelty / Sanguisugabogg .
22.10.2023 - 13:40
mde017
Last concert I went to was a closing Malevolent Creation European Tour in Warsaw. Very underground with 100 people, mosh not too big I must say. Malevolent Creation were in good form though - I think Phil got himself some talented guys especially frontman and drummer were giving old classics fair treatment. Gig was focused on first 4 albums with the only exception Manic Demise from Fine Art of Murder. I enjoyed this evening quite a bit with an exception of one asshole who was trying to force me to take a sip of his beer when we chatted about Autopsy. I guess that was supposed to be nice but less nice was that he could not accept a "No" for an answer for a way too long. Couple of positive words about supports. Hell-born were decent - not my cup of tea but solid performance. I missed Deivos as were chatting with friends outside but have a lot of props to give to Ulcer - really good gig and good material, think about polish death metal but with big groove deathdoom influence of bands like Grave and Asphyx. Nice combination and really nicely performed. Never heard those guys before but that is why I like when bigger bands take local supports to give them chance to get through to more people with their music.
----
Okręt mój płynie dalej gdzieś tam
Serce choć popękane chce bić
Nie ma Cię i nie było jest noc
Nie ma mnie i nie było jest dzień
23.10.2023 - 20:28
Metal Rasputin
Must have been back in the 2008, there was this huge death metal themed festival with Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Amon Amarth, Entombed, Kreator, Slayer, Nile, Carcass, Amorphis and all the other best bands performing, it was a frigging feast of a lifetime. Everything else was miserable, like we had this huge group of metalheads and rented a bus and stuff, somewhere along the way people just got tired and drunk and that's when things went down the shitter, people started fighting, etc. I just hadn't had any motivation to go to any concerts since. No good bands perform anywhere near where I live, I don't own a car and honestly I'm just so busy I'd just rather support my favourite bands some other way.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
24.10.2023 - 08:12
gaberayback
Gojira and Mastodon with Lorna Shore.
Gojira was amazing live, the coolest band I've ever seen.
Mastodon where kind of a disappointment sadly.
----
m i g u e l
01.11.2023 - 14:27
mde017
Just got back from the Destruction concert, the only one in Poland celebrating their 40 years in the music scene, accompanied by Whiplash, Enforcer, and Crisix. Crusix opened the show, playing thrash with elements of groove. It was a lot of fun, with a bit of Pantera influence, hints of Slayer, and crossover vibes. Then came Enforcer, a classic heavy metal band from Sweden. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea, and I wasn't a fan of the vocals, but I have to admit that the guitarists were delivering some solid riffs. Both Whiplash and Destruction focused on the repertoire from their first two albums, which was a wise choice as they are classics. An excellent concert as I had a blast at Whiplash. This music works great live. . Finally Destruction in great shape,perfect ending of the night. They played hit after hit, both bands. If this tour hits your city go for it - great night.
----
13.11.2023 - 11:14
Plattner
Nordic Power Metal Titans European Tour 2023:
Germany, Bochum (Matrix) 12.11.2023

The concert started with the Czech symphonic power metal band Induction as supporting act. The two legendary Finnish power metal bands Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius played full sets with old and new songs.

The early 19th century industrial building makes Matrix Bochum a nice venue. The performances of all bands were great. Moreover, you could tell that this was the last show of the tour, because sometimes the bands walked on the stage during the show of the other acts just for fun.

This was a very nice evening.
27.11.2023 - 22:54
mde017
Max & Iggor Cavalera Morbid Devastation Tour 27.11. 2023, Klub Stodoła, Warszawa
I've just returned from the Cavalera brothers' concert in Warsaw. An excellent gig – they played the entire 'Bestial Devastation' and 'Morbid Visions,' sprinkled with a few hits from other Sepultura albums like 'War for Territory,' 'Escape to the Void,' 'Dead Embryonic Cells,' and 'Refuse/Resist.' Towards the end, Peter from Vader joined the guys, and together they performed 'Troops of Doom.' I nearly cried with emotion – such nostalgia, nostalgia squared!
----
10.12.2023 - 11:56
Plattner
Tarja: Dark Christmas (08.12.2023, Christuskirche Bochum, GER)

This was a magnificent evening. Tarja presented songs from the two albums Dark Christmas and From Spirits And Ghosts, which included mainly dark versions of famous Christmas songs and two original songs (Dark Christmas and Together), along with Walking In The Air, which can be found on the Nightwish album Oceanborn as well as on her first traditional Christmas album Henkäys Ikuisuudesta (she just introduced it as a song that she recorded when she "was very young"). I know that her recent Christmas album has mixed reviews. However, hearing her perform these songs live is without comparison.

Setlist Tarja Dark Christmas (08.12.2023, Christuskirche Bochum):
01. First Noel
02. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
03. White Christmas
04. Jingle Bells
05. Together
06. O Tannenbaum
07. Amazing Grace [instrumental]
08. Wonderful Christmastime
09. Frosty The Snowman
10. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
11. All I Want For Christmas Is You