Metal Storm logo
The Quick Questions Thread

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 11.03.2009 - 02:26
Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?
24.02.2022 - 16:19
Redel
Written by Roman Doez on 24.02.2022 at 16:04

Same thing happened to me yesterday, an album had a 7 average and when I went to check the ratings it had 0 of them. Then after I rated it it still showed that there was one rating, only now it was mine.

Yup, that is the exact same behavior I observed.
I am sure corrupt will solve this issue. Give him some time.
28.02.2022 - 20:53
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
In my profile "Recent favorites" showed up for the first time. Is it activated after a certain number of votes?
Also, it seems to mean "recently released" (for example, 2021), rather than "recently voted on by me", right?
28.02.2022 - 21:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman2000 on 28.02.2022 at 20:53

In my profile "Recent favorites" showed up for the first time. Is it activated after a certain number of votes?
Also, it seems to mean "recently released" (for example, 2021), rather than "recently voted on by me", right?

I think it's newest album this years n high ranking.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.02.2022 - 22:11
nikarg
Staff
Written by F3ynman2000 on 28.02.2022 at 20:53

I believe it is albums that have been recently released and that you have rated highly. I have no idea how it gets activated though.
01.03.2022 - 18:49
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
I don't have any "Recent favorites" apparently
01.03.2022 - 23:13
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
At this point I cannot rule out that I triggered something in the background. I'm doing lots of database maintenance work lately and other people have reported weird quirks as well. We'll just have to accept that for a while, while we go through the site and database and clean up as much leftover stuff from 20 years ago as we can.
----
22.06.2022 - 08:10
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Quick question out of curiosity. I've noticed for a while now that (almost?) all of the staff of MS dont have any album votes. Is this a choice or a requirement? Is the idea to not show favoritism to a certain band/genre?
22.06.2022 - 08:34
nikarg
Staff
^ Definitely not a requirement, since our very editor does have album votes. As far as I am concerned, I deleted them all a few years ago but I cannot even remember why.
22.06.2022 - 10:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
In my case that's a simple matter of listening to about one album per month. I used to rate stuff way back when, but now I don't really see the point. Most of the time I don't even have a reference to compare to.
----
10.10.2022 - 15:38
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
I just can't be bothered most of the time.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?