Metal Storm logo
The Quick Questions Thread

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 11.03.2009 - 02:26
Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?
28.08.2009 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 28.08.2009 at 00:33

Written by Bad English on 28.08.2009 at 00:04

In additional info its possible say song X was in comp Y

hey this sounds like a nice plan for getting many points from edits easily

Have you eddet more how 20 albums per one band in day, you know how hard its geting after 15th ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2009 - 00:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I usually do one or two incompleted bands per day...thats enough and it is not boring then
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.09.2009 - 00:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Why is the upcoming Arch Enemy album not visible on the website anymore?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.09.2009 - 04:03
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2009 at 00:05

The upcoming album is a compilation, and it only shows in the disco. section of the band's page when you click "show all"
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
03.09.2009 - 04:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bararey on 03.09.2009 at 04:03

Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2009 at 00:05

The upcoming album is a compilation, and it only shows in the disco. section of the band's page when you click "show all"

Wow, I'm dumb.
----
- George Carlin
10.09.2009 - 22:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had quasten
http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_sortby=points&m_where=&m_vip=&m_what=&page=
Herzebeth has 3741 com points When I look there some months ago he hasnt any com points', why is thet?
It means people who was staff when he lost all perms he get com points for all eddits what he did whyle was staff member?
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2009 - 23:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You can earn new points quite quickly imo...i "scored" about 500 in past month and i am not super-active...
----

10.09.2009 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 10.09.2009 at 23:07

You can earn new points quite quickly imo...i "scored" about 500 in past month and i am not super-active...

No he hasnt been points, when he was active,but today I saw and to get 3000 com points you need I dunno eddit 3000 bands since band eddit 1 point and simply in 3 months staff cant accept so huge pending eddits
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2009 - 23:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I repeat what i said - i got 500 in month for not that much and only occasional edits (especially adding band members into bands added blank just for a review that was made)...why someone shouldnt get 1000 in month if he really tries to?
----

13.09.2009 - 03:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 10.09.2009 at 22:00

I had quasten
http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_sortby=points&m_where=&m_vip=&m_what=&page=
Herzebeth has 3741 com points When I look there some months ago he hasnt any com points', why is thet?
It means people who was staff when he lost all perms he get com points for all eddits what he did whyle was staff member?

I can only assume so. I'm thinking the programming automatically tallies community points for every user but just doesn't make them visible for staff/elite, so I can only assume when Herze quit whatever he tallied up became visible...
----
- George Carlin
16.09.2009 - 00:11
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
If I want to add lyrics, what are acceptable sources?.. besides CD pamphlets. Some don't have lyrics. :/
16.09.2009 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.09.2009 at 00:11

If I want to add lyrics, what are acceptable sources?.. besides CD pamphlets. Some don't have lyrics. :/

OMG, MA, darklyrics, whatever i net site where you can find those f cant, scan a bocklet or say bocklet like source , some cases staff accepts it
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2009 - 00:43
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Bad English on 16.09.2009 at 00:41

OMG, MA, darklyrics, whatever i net site where you can find those f cant, scan a bocklet or say bocklet like source , some cases staff accepts it

Ok, thanks. I didn't know if stuff off an unofficial band website was acceptable or not.
16.09.2009 - 00:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite

Indeed you can type the whole lyrics from the album booklet if you're not lazy . Besides CD pamphlets you can use the official band's website when lyrics are available on it. Also a lot of submitted lyrics come from sources such as Metal Archives, Dark Lyrics,...

Finally don't forget to read and to follow the rules of "notes on editing lyrics" (in order to avoid rejected edits)
16.09.2009 - 00:51
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by White Winter Sun on 16.09.2009 at 00:48

Indeed you can type the whole lyrics from the album booklet if you're not lazy . Besides CD pamphlets you can use the official band's website when lyrics are available on it. Also a lot of submitted lyrics come from sources such as Metal Archives, Dark Lyrics,...

Finally don't forget to read and to follow "notes on editing lyrics" (in order to avoid rejected edits)

Thanks for the info.
17.09.2009 - 07:50
Lord TJ
When I view a bands timeline, what do the colored bars on the left of the table represent?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
17.09.2009 - 09:12
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Lord TJ on 17.09.2009 at 07:50

When I view a bands timeline, what do the colored bars on the left of the table represent?

Nothing much. They're just to differentiate between time periods.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
16.10.2009 - 21:41
-Soulreaper-
Ummm, how do I go about getting one of them fancy titles under my username?
16.10.2009 - 22:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by -Soulreaper- on 16.10.2009 at 21:41

Ummm, how do I go about getting one of them fancy titles under my username?

Tell me what you want, I'll put it in.
17.10.2009 - 07:04
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
@Soulreaper: Anyone with 500+ posts and/or 50+ community points can get one - http://www.metalstorm.ee/home/faq.php?faq_id=6
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
18.10.2009 - 14:08
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
How do I put and update on news? I once posted a news about smth and I was tutned down as it was an update, now I'm trying to put an update again and don't know how.... Elp!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.10.2009 - 14:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 18.10.2009 at 14:08

How do I put and update on news? I once posted a news about smth and I was tutned down as it was an update, now I'm trying to put an update again and don't know how.... Elp!

IMO only staff can update news , but if its update staff rejects news and update them selfd

EDDIT: You can eddit your sumbited news but when you click there there shows
Error!
?You're not allowed to edit news.
----

apos;'
[image]
18.10.2009 - 17:46
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 18.10.2009 at 14:08

I would suggest asking Thryce or White Winter Sun directly through PMs since they're the masters of the news. Otherwise just write a comment saying it's an update in the comment box.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.10.2009 - 01:44
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well some bastard already stole my mega koel update anyway
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
21.10.2009 - 20:15
DayFly
I was wondering whether it would be possible to add Don Dokken's Up From The Ashes to Dokken's band page. I know it's a solo record but it is sonically quite similar to Dokken's previous albums and an additional band page would be overkill.
22.10.2009 - 16:03
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by DayFly on 21.10.2009 at 20:15

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add Don Dokken's Up From The Ashes to Dokken's band page. I know it's a solo record but it is sonically quite similar to Dokken's previous albums and an additional band page would be overkill.

A consensus saying no has been reached. I can create a page for Don Dokken's solo if you like?
----

22.10.2009 - 16:27
DayFly
Written by GT on 22.10.2009 at 16:03

A consensus saying no has been reached. I can create a page for Don Dokken's solo if you like?

Sure, thanks a lot.
22.10.2009 - 17:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by DayFly on 22.10.2009 at 16:27

Written by GT on 22.10.2009 at 16:03

Sure, thanks a lot.

There you go
----

22.10.2009 - 19:21
Jan
I have a question:

If one "witnessed" a newish member rapidly post in multiple threads (a post a minute or so, for an extended time) and felt that this together with the "quality" of the posts indicated that the main purpose of this was to drive up post count in a hurry, would this be considered spam here on MS?

(Sorry if the answer is obvious - I'm new here and a bit unsure of what is accepted and what is frowned upon.)
22.10.2009 - 19:49
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Jan on 22.10.2009 at 19:21

I have a question:

If one "witnessed" a newish member rapidly post in multiple threads (a post a minute or so, for an extended time) and felt that this together with the "quality" of the posts indicated that the main purpose of this was to drive up post count in a hurry, would this be considered spam here on MS?

(Sorry if the answer is obvious - I'm new here and a bit unsure of what is accepted and what is frowned upon.)

I'd say that's a definite yes. Sometimes they post whatever thy can so they can get the 100posts and be able to open a thread... or just for the sake of it, which is worse.

Now, my question, to mods, really. I changed my avatar yesterday, but sometimes on my posts the avatar is the old one and not the new one. Is that like a bug or something? Because also, when I changed it, I had to do it twice, because the first time it didn't work
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top