Metal Storm logo
Grand Illusions

29.06.2006 - 18:01
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Have a look at this first pic, On the left is Dr Angry, and on the right is Mr Calm.Now stand up from your chair and back away from your computer screen, the effects will be visible at different distances and depends on your vision capacity but everyone of you should see the two characters swap over...wow!!

Okay,you should be afraid after seeing that, hè hè,a short explanation should be as follows:
When we look at something else, we can automatically see both of the fine and coarse detail...the distance takes a grand part on this illusion, when we are close, the fine detail dominate,but when we are further away, the coarse detail appear then we lose the fine details.As you can see Both of the faces you see above are hybrids and each face is actually a combination of two faces
29.06.2006 - 19:53
Danigar
I love that kind of images, they not also have a very artictic complexity but they also kind of make you think, i've always loved these ilusions. That one was really great, you have to stand back a lot to see it though. Anyway here are some i like, specially the first one i love it. See if works for you

You have to concentrate, look at the picture like for 30 seconds and then look somewhere else, better is a wall in front or beside you. You'll see now the clear image. I dont kow the explanation but its cool

29.06.2006 - 22:12
Icewings
La Luna
Hey this is really interesting , we used to do a lot of this things in my phychology class and it is so cool , I love it ..... some images for some reason give a headacke but that's ok there's other images that are so cool like the one you posted my Dear Danigar , the second one the skull one , I love that one very very nice and the other one's too ..well here's some that we saw in class and nice thread byt he way ...

I liek this one , the old /young lady

Like I said once , I love playing with my mind .... I love seeing this YAY!
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
29.06.2006 - 23:03
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Danigar: yeah, I love the first pic you posted, it's really awesome, and the question is: how did they do that? really interesting
@Icewings: yes, I know the first one, and there are many pics like that, really interesting also, but I don't have any pic like that here to post
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
29.06.2006 - 23:21
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Danigar on 29.06.2006 at 19:53

I dont kow the explanation but its cool

OKay,let me clarify a thing,you have to concentrate for about 30 sec on the four dots in the middle,then tilt your head back and close your eyes,you'll see a circle of light.

Well,The explanation is quiet simple:it's an after-image effect. An afterimage is a visual impression that remains in the retina for a long time after closing your eyes for quiet a while ; but you should remember that the afterimage is the opposite colour to the original. So if you stare at a black square for a long time and then look away, the after image will be a white square.That means the featured image has a negative effect,after you have looked at it for a while,the after-image is the original(normal face).
01.07.2006 - 00:18
Danigar
Thanks for the explanation Siegreicher and yeah i forgot to mention that you need to look the four dots in the center.

I really like the one of the old lady my dear Icewings, jeje is very funny cause once you get to see the old lady is very hard to focus to see the young lady again. An in the other one you posted is supposed to be nine people in there. Anybody can see them all? I still cant.
01.07.2006 - 10:23
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Danigar on 01.07.2006 at 00:18

An in the other one you posted is supposed to be nine people in there. Anybody can see them all? I still cant.

Well, it's something like a tree called "General's Family" that tells the story of one's life.here the gentleman's portrait emerge the main problem and betray his appearances from a peasant family and his impoverished beginning in life.We can see his mother,father,and other members of the family featuring also his dog masquerading as his hand.This painting is from "Octavio Ocampo".
For anyone who wants to find out more about Ocampo's painting click here.
01.07.2006 - 10:41
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Another amazing pic the "Mysterious Island",more than one way to look at this picture:

we see a small sailing ship in the little bay right?,but this pic hides a secret,a grand secret
Now turn the pic upside down,you'll get this one that represents the famous mysteries explorer Jules Verne,don't you?
02.07.2006 - 02:09
Danigar
Nice pic! I really love the art these guys do, i didnt know about Octavio Ocampo and wow he has very nice pics in that gallery thanx. Ok i wanted to post this one, can anyone see whats going on in this pic? Clue: is a little indecent but well since it is not explicit i guess there is no problem

02.07.2006 - 13:24
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Well,very authentic,i hope it's not the old young lady the packed is on her hand right?
02.07.2006 - 19:08
Alouqua
Account deleted
May be I'm studying to much but all this "optical illusion" were explain by the Gestalt... the think is that I can't explain it in english... so, if you want to read something about it you can read here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestalt_psychology
and for those who speak spanish http://www.ub.es/dppss/psicamb/2222.htm
And as we are talking about art....
02.07.2006 - 23:25
Mindheist
No Longer Human
"Psychologie in form"yeah nice...this theory aims to reveal some hidden clues in the psychic events.Either way,this pic tells us a famous story simply by contemplating it.
04.07.2006 - 00:32
Danigar
Yeah thanx for the pages my dear Alouqua is really interesting all the explanation and all the "cientific" side of this things and how our brain acts and all that stuff. Is something really interesting to learn. I still love the way this things have the capacity to amaze us everytime though, and well just playing tricks in our mind like Icewings said. Btw really nice pic indeed i like it a lot, and like Siegreicher said is very nice how this kind of pictures more than an illusion or something like that, it tell us a story. Very nice
08.07.2006 - 01:30
Mindheist
No Longer Human

Amazing dots...concentrate and watch very closely the + in the middle.Firstable,you should see a green dot that rotates around the circle, don't be affraid when i say that's an illusion .After that you should see the purple dots disappear,it's also an illusion cause they have not really gone.It is an after image effect,if you want to see the real image just move your head slightly, and the dots will reappear...
08.07.2006 - 14:34
lordz
IzZo
Cool pics guys but I cant view some of them like the first one for example
08.07.2006 - 17:37
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by lordz on 08.07.2006 at 14:34

Cool pics guys but I cant view some of them like the first one for example

Unfortunately it's the best one...try again.
10.07.2006 - 04:07
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Danigar on 02.07.2006 at 02:09

Nice pic! I really love the art these guys do, i didnt know about Octavio Ocampo and wow he has very nice pics in that gallery thanx. Ok i wanted to post this one, can anyone see whats going on in this pic? Clue: is a little indecent but well since it is not explicit i guess there is no problem

I know I've seen this before, but can you give me another hint? I'm lagging behind.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.07.2006 - 04:40
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Save it, and flip it upside down, C-Dub.
----
10.07.2006 - 14:50
ylside
Staff
Written by Elijah on 10.07.2006 at 04:40

I did, but still I couldn't understand anything...

Anybody know something about Stereograms and Autostereograms ?
10.07.2006 - 17:11
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by ylside on 10.07.2006 at 14:50

Written by Elijah on 10.07.2006 at 04:40

I did, but still I couldn't understand anything...

Anybody know something about Stereograms and Autostereograms ?

I don't get it either ...
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
11.07.2006 - 02:31
Danigar
Well sorry when you flip it upside down look at her righ hand and its position, and then just look the position of the other arm and the neck well its not very clear but maybe you have to have your mind a little twisted?
11.07.2006 - 12:57
lordz
IzZo
copy and paste the text on a word document and you will see it clearly
I got a bunch of those but I didnt want to putem all for the space sake
set the font size to 1
11.07.2006 - 13:28
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I can see it clearly there, mate.
----
11.07.2006 - 14:49
lordz
IzZo
cool.... I guess you can see it alot clearer on word
11.07.2006 - 15:35
Too many fail.
Written by Danigar on 11.07.2006 at 02:31

Well sorry when you flip it upside down look at her righ hand and its position, and then just look the position of the other arm and the neck well its not very clear but maybe you have to have your mind a little twisted?

Hahaaa i finally got it took me a long while though ://
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
11.07.2006 - 19:27
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by lordz on 11.07.2006 at 12:57

set the font size to 1

Dude, posts like the one you did with the ASCII art (yes, what you did there is called ASCII art) are completely unnecessary. The picture is far too large and it just screwed up the look of the page, making us have to scroll horizontally as well. In other words, you just screwed up the page. What you just did there was trolling. If you wanted to share that with us, you could have just provided a link instead of posting it here and, in effect, screwing up the look of the page. You didn't even decrease the font size. It shows that you tried to do it in HTML code. HTML code does not work on the forums. If you want to decrease the size of the text, use the UBB code.
11.07.2006 - 19:36
lordz
IzZo
Written by [user id=5630] on 11.07.2006 at 19:27

Written by lordz on 11.07.2006 at 12:57

set the font size to 1

Dude, posts like the one you did with the ASCII art (yes, what you did there is called ASCII art) are completely unnecessary. The picture is far too large and it just screwed up the look of the page, making us have to scroll horizontally as well. In other words, you just screwed up the page. What you just did there was trolling. If you wanted to share that with us, you could have just provided a link instead of posting it here and, in effect, screwing up the look of the page. You didn't even decrease the font size. It shows that you tried to do it in HTML code. HTML code does not work on the forums. If you want to decrease the size of the text, use the UBB code.

sorry!!! its gone now
11.07.2006 - 21:37
ylside
Staff
@Danigar : Oh so that's all ?,It was f*cking implicit it isn't funny anymore
12.07.2006 - 08:36
Icewings
La Luna
@Alouqua : AWW dear this brought me memories the website , I remember when I was taking phychology uhmm what a great thing , and we had so much fun learning this stuff , My teacher was a little hummmm something but it was a great class and I learned so much ...

@Danigar : Uhmm interesting isn't amazing how people do this , like the person had to think and stuff , jsut put the hand in the position and stuff , this is amazing ....

@ylside: Well I find it amazing like I said , I like to look deeper into things ....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
12.07.2006 - 12:15
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Two sculptures for the price of one! These US$50 figures were created in 1987 by a Mexican artist and fine craftsman called Guillermo Kuhn Sanchez.

Three Different Views Of The Same Wooden Sculpture !you don't believe?...so read on
The first Image appears when viewed from the front or back, the second/third appears when viewed from either side.How?
Well, look properly at it, each sculpture dissolves into chaotic shapes and outlines.You may also view other shapes from either sides,The carvings are each about six inches (15 centimetres) high, standing on 3.5 inch square bases which are integral with the figures...Impressive