Metal Storm logo
Opeth

Original post

Posted by addiction, 22.04.2008 - 13:06
the last opeth thread reached the max of 500 posts....so this is the new one...:)
i've never started a topic before in about 4 years...but this is a good chance...:)
Opeth is a fantastic band, probably my favourite. i more or less like all their albums but i think i like blackwater park slightly more than the rest, maybe because it is the first one i ever listened to.
i am looking forwards to the new album and to see them live on the defenders of the faith tour in london in a few days!!!
anyway, you know the drill...discuss away....
01.10.2009 - 12:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 01.10.2009 at 12:45

But who would be headliner ans who will support

Dream Theater as headliners as always of course!
Don't get me wrong, I love Opeth. But I love Dream Theater even more.
----
01.10.2009 - 12:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I respect your point of view, but thats it - half of fans would be pissed of "their" band is second in a row...those two bands cannot ride one world tour together...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.10.2009 - 12:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 01.10.2009 at 12:50

I respect your point of view, but thats it - half of fans would be pissed of "their" band is second in a row...those two bands cannot ride one world tour together...

Why not? They've done it two times already. It worked out great last Friday here in Stockholm, which is Opeth's home town.
----
01.10.2009 - 12:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Omg...i havent noticed that

but anyway i find it strange...like Maiden touring with Priest (if i remember correctly they did it back in early 80ties, but that was different times)
----

01.10.2009 - 13:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 01.10.2009 at 12:58

Omg...i havent noticed that

but anyway i find it strange...like Maiden touring with Priest (if i remember correctly they did it back in early 80ties, but that was different times)

Nah, it's not that strange actually. Many people are fans of both bands. But of course, being a fan of just Opeth can be a bitch then.
Oh, and I would kill to see Iron Maiden and Judas Priest do a tour together these days.
----
01.10.2009 - 13:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
For me it's perfect, I love both bands, so it's really a nice opportunity and it will be a day to remember, see Opeth and then Dream Theater later this month.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.10.2009 - 13:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by BloodTears on 01.10.2009 at 13:15

For me it's perfect, I love both bands, so it's really a nice opportunity and it will be a day to remember, see Opeth and then Dream Theater later this month.

Make sure to post setlist for both bands then, I'm such a nerd when it comes to that. Especially Dream Theater setlists are always interesting, you can never be sure what they will play.
----
01.10.2009 - 17:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
That tour looked nice to me only because Of Opeth and Unexpected... God, how I dislike DT
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.10.2009 - 18:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.10.2009 at 17:45

That tour looked nice to me only because Of Opeth and Unexpected... God, how I dislike DT

Yeah, unless they are gonna play only songs off the three albums I like
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.10.2009 - 19:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ComePierrot on 01.10.2009 at 04:00

Hey guys, I have a spare ticket for the 10/10/09 Progressive Nation show at Wembley Arena, UK along with Dream Theater and Unexpect etc that I am *really* needing to shift due to my studentdom. Apologies if there is no advertising of this kind allowed here or if this is in the wrong place, but if you are interested then please send a message =) thanks.

Just woundring how amny people would attenbd it? and how much it cost?
In 80's Iron Maiden, GnR, Queen whatever sold full Wmebley out , nowdays

I would never pay dunno 80 pouns or more to see those 2 bands, if oly cnahe see Opeth is whit DT I would skip it , or try find when they touring alone
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2009 - 22:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well 80 pounds seems really way too much...
----

01.10.2009 - 23:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 01.10.2009 at 22:04

Some here even lopayed 800SEK to see Iron Maiden in Goteburg years ago
----

apos;'
[image]
02.10.2009 - 00:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Iron Maiden last year costed me 695 CZK (cca 28 eur)...and tickets in first rows were twice as expensive...
----

03.10.2009 - 03:30
ComePierrot
So that's a no?
04.10.2009 - 03:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 01.10.2009 at 23:22

In my humble opinion.... swedish concerts can just suck my ****. To go to Netherlands and being at DDD, or having a concert at Denmark is waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the swedish ones I've seen. With the exception of Malmö of course, but I don't really like that place.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.10.2009 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.10.2009 at 03:54

Written by Bad English on 01.10.2009 at 23:22

In my humble opinion.... swedish concerts can just suck my ****. To go to Netherlands and being at DDD, or having a concert at Denmark is waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the swedish ones I've seen. With the exception of Malmö of course, but I don't really like that place.

Sorry man I dont wanna pay 220SEK Luleå-Djurgården , and 220SEL Luleå-Rögle , ok going to Ned hmmmm man Stockholm, Malmö, Gothenburg those who loved beck in 199X saw many good bands in local show befroe they get famouse
----

apos;'
[image]
04.10.2009 - 19:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.10.2009 at 03:54

I think Sweden has very good prices for concerts. But then again, I have 20 minutes by subway to every event in Stockholm. So I don't have to think about gas prices for the car, train tickets or motel/hotel prices.
----
04.10.2009 - 21:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 04.10.2009 at 19:55

I think Sweden has very good prices for concerts. But then again, I have 20 minutes by subway to every event in Stockholm. So I don't have to think about gas prices for the car, train tickets or motel/hotel prices.

That's right, but I remember that Metaltown was incredibly expensive and not worth the hype at all...
But overall the prices aren't THAT bad, but it depends a lot on where you live.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.10.2009 - 08:44
leish
Yeah i love opeth im going to go see them when they come to brisbane in november
12.10.2009 - 08:58
Corwin
The price for Opeth's show here is about 60$
Although the venue can fill about 6,000 people.

Yeah, and i'll see them for the second time at November 10th.
----
16.10.2009 - 15:55
nic
I love Opeth, they were supported by my faves Paradise Lost so went to see them in Glasgow and I so came out a Opeth fan too.
18.10.2009 - 05:51
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Best album imo is my arms your hearse because its heavy, dark, the song writing is right there, its moody, and dwells more on power and precision.
23.10.2009 - 16:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
OH what a day... I met Mendez and Akesson yesterday I was heading to the show and they just appear in front of me, relaxingly strolling in the garden. They were very nice, especially Akesson. I was so shy but I managed to speak to them a bit, wish them a good show, they told me to enjoy it.

It was very casual and totally unexpected and I got their autographs! I'll talk about the show later, I just came home.
----

My Instagram
24.10.2009 - 11:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Porto setlist: Heir Apparent, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, The Lotus Eater, Windowpane, Deliverance, Hex Omega.

Pretty much what they have been playing on this tour. "Deliverance" was definitely a highlight as well as "Reveria/Harlequin Forest". Hex Omega, being one of my fav from the new album also was very enjoyable. The whole set was, now I'm just wishing for a headliner show from them in Portugal, so that I can enjoy more songs, hopefully older songs too.
----

My Instagram
24.10.2009 - 16:50
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by BloodTears on 24.10.2009 at 11:17

Porto setlist: Heir Apparent, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, The Lotus Eater, Windowpane, Deliverance, Hex Omega.

Pretty much what they have been playing on this tour. "Deliverance" was definitely a highlight as well as "Reveria/Harlequin Forest". Hex Omega, being one of my fav from the new album also was very enjoyable. The whole set was, now I'm just wishing for a headliner show from them in Portugal, so that I can enjoy more songs, hopefully older songs too.

O, Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater are enough to make the show insane.. Hope you enjoy, an also on my behalf..
28.10.2009 - 23:20
GwenSelene

It was also the setlist in Madrid O.o. They don't change it very often, do they?

By the way, awesome concert(I went to see them last Friday), except for the place's acoustic x_x. Never going there again.
29.10.2009 - 00:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GwenSelene on 28.10.2009 at 23:20

It was also the setlist in Madrid O.o. They don't change it very often, do they?

In one tour like this no there all songs same songs in ecah concert, ok might some special song for X public but 99% all are same, but new tours specely after new album they can change set list even Iron Maiden list 70% is same
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2009 - 10:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by GwenSelene on 28.10.2009 at 23:20

By the way, awesome concert(I went to see them last Friday), except for the place's acoustic x_x. Never going there again.

Like sakis said, in these type of tours the bands play mostly the same songs, they can change one or two every night like Dream Theater and Opeth are doing or they can play pretty much the same set. DT's shows are always different, they change at least 2 songs per show, from the setlists I've seen in Progressive Nation.

As for Opeth, they haven't been changing the songs much on this tour, I think that's because they are supporting DT. When they are headlining they play more diverse songs. I also want to catch them on an album tour so that I can see a lot more Opeth songs.

How was it in Madrid?
----

My Instagram
29.10.2009 - 17:22
GwenSelene
Yeah, that makes sense. I would like to see them headlining some day, it would be awesome.

In Madrid... well, as I said, it was an excellent concert. Except for the acoustic of the place, but I had a very good time. Akerfeldt was a little out of tune in Reverie (I don't know if he had a cold or something), but in the rest of the show he was amazing. Total genius, is this man. A pity the concert was too short, but it was the first time for me seeing them live, so it's okay with me.
06.12.2009 - 17:50
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Does anybody know any music resembling Opeth's Damnation? I tried Acoustic Alchemy, but they seemed kinda hollow. Damnation is great to me because the songs on it are rather simple, but they're very well-written. So I am looking for some good quality calm music, but it mustn't be boring.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy