Metal Storm logo
Moonspell

Original post

Posted by Maim, 17.05.2006 - 09:51
I got their new album 'Memorial' a few weeks ago, and it's fucking awesome. It sounds like their older works fused with the material from their later releases, all to form one pretty monster album. Since Moonspell experiments a good bit with each album, all of their albums tend to have their own sound which makes them stand out from one another... which can be a hit or miss for a band. In my opinion though, Moonspell seems to hit more then they miss, which is something I hope they will keep up. Not to mention that they are also excellent live. So everyone, post your views/thoughts this band...
02.12.2007 - 12:39
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
France's NRV-TV recently spoke to vocalist Fernando Ribiero. You can watch the interview at this location.
04.12.2007 - 13:41
un/heart/ed
The Sufferer
Draconian is a similar band to Moonspell, ha?
get outta here : )
----
My only thrill alone in my own hell
24.12.2007 - 13:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Episode 42 of the MetalCast show podcast features a 49-minute audio interview with drummer Miguel "Mike" Gaspar. You can find and download the podcast at this location.
21.02.2008 - 03:23
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Memorial is the best album since Irreligious... They're back to the good old days, check out Under Satanae!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
27.03.2008 - 21:36
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
What do you think about their new songs? You can hear them at Moonspell myspace!
----
27.03.2008 - 21:58
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by SlaytallicA on 27.03.2008 at 21:36

What do you think about their new songs? You can hear them at Moonspell myspace!

They're both great songs (specially Night Eternal)! I hope that they follow the more agressive approach like in Memorial.
28.03.2008 - 01:17
owl
Gahh, I missed this thread.

Anyway, I already said my two cents about the new songs in the Portuguese bands thread. Resuming it: I believe we're in for an album as awesome as Memorial.
What makes me more curious is to know exactly how they will direct the album's theme to the Feminine, as Fernando said when first presenting it. So far, feminine vocals are evident... but I'll want to know where else that component will be present in the whole thing.

I'm also looking forward to the track sung in Portuguese. It's been too long since they've done that.
----
28.03.2008 - 14:32
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by SlaytallicA on 21.02.2008 at 03:23

Memorial is the best album since Irreligious... They're back to the good old days, check out Under Satanae!

Under Satanae is PERFECT ... i worship the album. i had all those songs with bad quality but i enjoyed them.
but i think Memorial comes after Wolfheart.

so you are in portugal, enjoy the best gothic metal band ever
28.03.2008 - 16:57
owl
Another great thing about Moonspell is that each one can classify them in a differente sub-genre of Metal because of the variety of styles they've explored in their career. I, for instance, don't agree they're gothic Metal. They've had their gothic phase, alright, but what they're doing nowadays tends more to black Metal to me.

Ultimately, they fit in no sub-genre at all... Maybe Moonspell Metal.
----
28.03.2008 - 21:35
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Hamird on 28.03.2008 at 14:32

Under Satanae is PERFECT ... i worship the album. i had all those songs with bad quality but i enjoyed them.

If you liked their last albums them check their new songs and tell us you you think of it!
----
28.03.2008 - 21:41
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by owl on 28.03.2008 at 16:57

Another great thing about Moonspell is that each one can classify them in a differente sub-genre of Metal because of the variety of styles they've explored in their career. I, for instance, don't agree they're gothic Metal. They've had their gothic phase, alright, but what they're doing nowadays tends more to black Metal to me.

Ultimately, they fit in no sub-genre at all... Maybe Moonspell Metal.

ahahah Moonspell Metal, I like it!!
----
29.03.2008 - 19:16
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by SlaytallicA on 28.03.2008 at 21:35

Written by Hamird on 28.03.2008 at 14:32

If you liked their last albums them check their new songs and tell us you you think of it!

i wan't to listen. but i'm not in Myspace... does anyone have another link, that i can listen to those 2 songs???
29.03.2008 - 20:48
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Hamird on 29.03.2008 at 19:16

i wan't to listen. but i'm not in Myspace... does anyone have another link, that i can listen to those 2 songs???

Nothing here... Sorry!
----
18.04.2008 - 20:03
Hamird
Lieutenant
at last, i've found them... with this two sounds, i have no doubt that they will win MS awards once again in this year... the album is a pure is what Irreligious was...
19.04.2008 - 14:51
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
It took time man! And yes the new ones are very promising!
----
20.04.2008 - 11:58
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
for me the best album of Moonspell is Wolf Heart. i listened to it when i was reading Dracula book. and if u look at lyrics u will find that they r really match with this album.i strongly recomend if someone didnt read that book read it with this album.welll ...
22.04.2008 - 12:28
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
their are so great band , the band is gift and miracle for gothic , one of the best songs that I like that is " Everything Invaded "
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
23.04.2008 - 13:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Today I had this weird dream. Fernando stabbed me lol it was so scary, he was in my house and stabbed me in my belly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.04.2008 - 21:04
Olli
I tried "The Antidote" and loved it, the first 3 songs on the album are m favorite but it's petty solid all the way through. Good album, gonna check out some moe by them.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
28.04.2008 - 14:48
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
What do you think of the new album? You can hear it at: http://www.spv.de/moonspell/widget
----
29.04.2008 - 11:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Tks for that link, I think I'll check it out, although I generally don't.
----

My Instagram
29.04.2008 - 17:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by BloodTears on 23.04.2008 at 13:15

Today I had this weird dream. Fernando stabbed me lol it was so scary, he was in my house and stabbed me in my belly.

haha, what a dream. so tomorrow put a Pepper-spray in your bed and then sleep, this time if Ribeiro wanted to stab you again, spary it in his eyes (joking)
29.04.2008 - 17:11
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Hamird on 29.04.2008 at 17:04

Written by BloodTears on 23.04.2008 at 13:15

haha, what a dream. so tomorrow put a Pepper-spray in your bed and then sleep, this time if Ribeiro wanted to stab you again, spary it in his eyes (joking)

It will work! lol
----
30.04.2008 - 10:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
lol it was very scary After that dream, I just hope I dont see him on the street!
----

My Instagram
30.04.2008 - 15:21
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by BloodTears on 30.04.2008 at 10:57

lol it was very scary After that dream, I just hope I dont see him on the street!

Run BT run! :p
----
01.05.2008 - 00:37
owl
I just have to say the new album is outstanding.
Maybe it'll sound crazy, but I'm so hooked on it that I haven't listened to another thing in almost a week.
It grows smoothly on you, it doesn't give itself away at the first listening. I like that.
----
24.05.2008 - 14:08
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
You can see an acoustic perfomance and an interview(in portuguese) at this location.
----
24.05.2008 - 15:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Thank you slay.

And I agree with you owl, it is an outstanding album and it keeps getting better with every new listen.

Moonspell are back
----

My Instagram
24.05.2008 - 22:55
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by BloodTears on 24.05.2008 at 15:04

Thank you slay.

And I agree with you owl, it is an outstanding album and it keeps getting better with every new listen.

Moonspell are back

No need to say thks! We have to protect what is ours!
----
25.05.2008 - 01:38
CaTaSTropHe
Account deleted
new songs on myspace and I like them very much:)