Metal Storm logo
Do you think metal fans are more intelligent than the average person?

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 20.07.2009 - 01:55
I know this might seem a wierd topic but it's something I've considered for a long time. I will explain. When I was in high school, not many people listened to rock or metal, as you would expect from 11 to 15 year olds. I think people find their personilty at around 16 or 17 years old. We were about 5 rock (metal) fans in a school of 400 pupils. When I moved on to Lycee (French equivalent to College), there were slighty more rock/metal fans, it's funny to notice how those people who listened to Nirvana and co. back in high school suddenly appeared to listen to all sorts of metal bands. We were all drawn together. Basically every metalhead in the school new the others. We were a maximum of 30 metalheads out of 700 students. I must mention now that in high school and Lycee, the rock/metal fans were always average students, getting average marks without working at all, and I was one of them. When I moved on to Uni, it seemed most my metal friends had to, and many more from over colleges. In the first year, of English studies, we were a full line in the amphitheatre who the lecturers depised and saw as rejects and future dropouts. Again, we all got slightly about average grades, just enough to get through to the following year with the minimum of work. Funny enough, along the years us metalheads managed to progress from year to year whilst others droped out. In our third year we were like 20 out of 60 students. During my masters degree, we were 5 out of fifteen. It's as if we're the only people with a mind capable of analysing a subject quickly and intelligently are capable of understanding the beauty of metal. I would like to know whether other people have experienced or noticed similar things or whether it was a one of matter that occured during my education (although the amount of fresh metalhead students turning up every year at Uni tends to justify my statement).

PS: A mate made me notice the same thing with left handed people. Every year the proportion of left handed people in the class tended to rise, I remember one lesson when there were more lefthanded people than right handed and that is not natural.
27.03.2011 - 01:32
Yasmine
Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2011 at 01:24

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:07

Spoken like someone that doesn't have one. And here's the hostility" Not to sound rude, but that is possibly the whitest statement I've ever heard"
Now it takes 4 of ya. lol

Not hostility at all, I made a sarcastic jab at a silly statement. It was not a comment about you, I was stating how uptight, and white-bred it sounded. Aside from that, you are the one who started in with directly personal insults at others, and commenting on Troys small penis.

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:10

There hasn't been a question, I provided facts, you never EVEN attempted to refute. And yes you "saw" the facts. I mean if you want we could do a formal debate on a moderated platform, No 3 people to harass me, my expert will speak, you can attempt to refute and when you can't you will simply fold, you won't be able to continue this. How about it? You let me know, pm me if you want.

Bring out the expert! As you seem incapable of explaining your thoughts.

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:14

Because statements like that, no offense, seriously......come from inferiority complexes.

Also explain to me why you can't stop posting? To me it seems like you just want the last jab. I dont need that, I've asked so many times.

As far as inferiority complexes go, you seem to be displaying the most basic, publicized symptoms of having one.
We can't stop posting because A) We've got time to kill, and B) You keep posting absurd responses.

Alright so we agree, a public forum, moderated in which the first fact you can't refute you lose? An expert doesn't mean I can't think for myself. But lets put it this way......if you're in court and a DNA expert says it's your DNA on the victim, and you get up on the stand and go "HA HA HA HA, AN EXPERT!", who do you think wins that argument? Yea......

I made a sarcastic jab at a silly statement, that's called hostility where I come from. And it contained a racial remark, you claim it's silly only because you thought I was white.

And the biggest sign of a symptom around here is the arm chair psychology going on with you and Fat. I'm going to say it again, when you can stop I can stop. Equality.

Void thanks for trying man. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.03.2011 - 01:33
IronAngel
Haha, this is hilarious. Too bad I missed it. I hate to side with the mob, Yasmine, but you really need to stop with the ad hominems and focus your energy on a single, clear and concise post with thorough argumentation and proper citation. Forget whatever BS you think others have posted so far, and imagine you're writing an essay for an academic journal. That should ensure that your point is transparently communicated and anyone can see whether it's convincing or not. When you attack people left and right, they lose interest in your point and just want to see you get tangled in bad logic. I have no doubt that somewhere in there, you have a partially valid point. I just couldn't find it behind all the bickering.
27.03.2011 - 01:36
Yasmine
Written by IronAngel on 27.03.2011 at 01:33

Haha, this is hilarious. Too bad I missed it. I hate to side with the mob, Yasmine, but you really need to stop with the ad hominems and focus your energy on a single, clear and concise post with thorough argumentation and proper citation. Forget whatever BS you think others have posted so far, and imagine you're writing an essay for an academic journal. That should ensure that your point is transparently communicated and anyone can see whether it's convincing or not. When you attack people left and right, they lose interest in your point and just want to see you get tangled in bad logic.

THat was done when I provided the 5 facts from my brother, a Linguist which now 5 people have failed to refute, Once again you guys are coming at me but won't chill each other out. If my logic is bad, call me on fallacy, and not your ad hominem, because in my opening arugment I didn't make one, however I do feel your ad hominem comment is an appeal to emotion.

I've also offered a formal debate where there is no mob, what of that. There's a reason none of you will do it. It's because you thinking you're toying with me, ooh oh she's annnnngry. No, I'm not. I'm debating rather I should be here. As good as it seemed at first.......
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.03.2011 - 01:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

perfect analysis of online behavior

Spoken like a champ.

But I believe you are now considered an accessory. Prepare to be e-lambasted.

EDIT: looks like I wasn't quick enough in warning you!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2011 - 01:39
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 01:37

perfect analysis of online behavior

Spoken like a champ.

But I believe you are now considered an accessory. Prepare to be e-lambasted.

Exactly what I mean, you guys can't stop, if I stop this will continue for a good deal of posts. Why should I let myself get trashed like that?

Yet Fat says I'm causing this. LAWL.
----
27.03.2011 - 01:40
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Lol
See? You're doing it again! I've posted THREE times TONIGHT before this, and they've been clear and concise comments. Look... You wouldn't have all these people "ganging up" on you for no reason. Every single person that has participated in this discussion with you has proven before that they are respectable and intelligent human beings... whether you'd like to *believe* it or not. Stop being so goddamn condescending. Please? It's pissing people off.
27.03.2011 - 01:40
Mindheist
No Longer Human

Haha, this is hilarious. Too bad I missed it. I hate to side with the mob, Yasmine, but you really need to stop with the ad hominems and focus your energy on a single, clear and concise post with thorough argumentation and proper citation. Forget whatever BS you think others have posted so far, and imagine you're writing an essay for an academic journal. That should ensure that your point is transparently communicated and anyone can see whether it's convincing or not. When you attack people left and right, they lose interest in your point and just want to see you get tangled in bad logic. I have no doubt that somewhere in there, you have a partially valid point. I just couldn't find it behind all the bickering.

I was going to write the exact same thing but, you beat me to it . I couldn't agree more with you man.

EDIT:About the partially valid point, I don't think she does.
27.03.2011 - 01:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:39

Exactly what I mean, you guys can't stop, if I stop this will continue for a good deal of posts. Why should I let myself get trashed like that?

What, no credit for predicting the inevitable? That was some serious Medium shit right thurr.

If you haven't already noticed, I'm bored.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2011 - 01:42
Yasmine
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.03.2011 at 01:40

Lol
See? You're doing it again! I've posted THREE times TONIGHT before this, and they've been clear and concise comments. Look... You wouldn't have all these people "ganging up" on you for no reason. Every single person that has participated in this discussion with you has proven before that they are respectable and intelligent human beings... whether you'd like to believe it or not. Stop being so goddamn condescending. Please? It's pissing people off.

IMO they weren't. I just clearly displayed Troy trying to irritate me not the other way around. You're playing favorites, period.
----
27.03.2011 - 01:44
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 01:41

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:39

What, no credit for predicting the inevitable? That was some serious Medium shit right thurr.

If you haven't already noticed, I'm bored.

I would say something very very obvious to you, but I seriously want this to go away. You guys may think it's kinda funny, but I feel it's harassment. However I will keep this and tell you another time WHY you are bored. lol
----
27.03.2011 - 01:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:44

I would say something very very obvious to you, but I seriously want this to go away. You guys may think it's kinda funny, but I feel it's harassment. However I will keep this and tell you another time WHY you are bored. lol

If it's a result of my tiny penis syndrome, can you at least save me the suspense?

I really hope you aren't finding this to be harassment. Realistically we all (ALL) tried to get a legit answer from you, but you never really gave any concrete information, then you just started attacking people so we "called you out" on it, and now we're here. The thread is dead - should be locked actually - but I think I speak on everyone's behalf that our intent was not to make you feel threatened. We just wanted you to drop the name calling and armchair psychology as you call it and just give us a straightforward, no bullshit answer as to why rappers aren't as educated as metalheads.
----
27.03.2011 - 01:49
IronAngel
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:36

Haha, this is hilarious. Too bad I missed it. I hate to side with the mob, Yasmine, but you really need to stop with the ad hominems and focus your energy on a single, clear and concise post with thorough argumentation and proper citation. Forget whatever BS you think others have posted so far, and imagine you're writing an essay for an academic journal. That should ensure that your point is transparently communicated and anyone can see whether it's convincing or not. When you attack people left and right, they lose interest in your point and just want to see you get tangled in bad logic.

THat was done when I provided the 5 facts from my brother, a Linguist which now 5 people have failed to refute, Once again you guys are coming at me but won't chill each other out. If my logic is bad, call me on fallacy, and not your ad hominem, because in my opening arugment I didn't make one, however I do feel your ad hominem comment is an appeal to emotion.

I've also offered a formal debate where there is no mob, what of that. There's a reason none of you will do it. It's because you thinking you're toying with me, ooh oh she's annnnngry. No, I'm not. I'm debating rather I should be here. As good as it seemed at first.......

I went back to page 6 but I couldn't find this post you refer to, unless it's the vague one where you list five statements out of context, without citation, definition of terminology or explication of your argument. I love formal debate, so I'm genuinely interested in what this is all about.
27.03.2011 - 01:51
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 01:47

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:44

If it's a result of my tiny penis syndrome, can you at least save me the suspense?

I really hope you aren't finding this to be harassment. Realistically we all (ALL) tried to get a legit answer from you, but you never really gave any concrete information, then you just started attacking people so we "called you out" on it, and now we're here. The thread is dead - should be locked actually - but I think I speak on everyone's behalf that our intent was not to make you feel threatened. We just wanted you to drop the name calling and armchair psychology as you call it and just give us a straightforward, no bullshit answer as to why rappers aren't as educated as metalheads.

I gave 5 facts, none refuted, so? Yes I VERY VERY VERY SERIOUSLY feel you're harassing me. Either you refute the facts I present or you simply continue to harass me. No one called me out on a thing. Not one of the facts talked about, simply poking and proding with sarcasm. Also understand, when a personal has training in a field they're not an armchair doc. That applies only to you.
----
27.03.2011 - 01:52
Yasmine
Written by IronAngel on 27.03.2011 at 01:49

I went back to page 6 but I couldn't find this post you refer to, unless it's the vague one where you list five statements out of context, without citation, definition of terminology or explication of your argument. I love formal debate, so I'm genuinely interested in what this is all about.

IF so then you can easily refute them, do so, otherwise you're joining the mob.
----
27.03.2011 - 01:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:51

I gave 5 facts, none refuted, so? Yes I VERY VERY VERY SERIOUSLY feel you're harassing me. Either you refute the facts I present or you simply continue to harass me. No one called me out on a thing. Not one of the facts talked about, simply poking and proding with sarcasm. Also understand, when a personal has training in a field they're not an armchair doc. That applies only to you.

Quote:

1, the term Ebonics was NOT created by, nor used by Linguists
2, it is NOT a dialected as it's not regional.
3, it IS a cultural sign, a means of indenification.
4, It's also a means of excluding others, a racial buffer so to speak.
5, Ask a person to sit down and write you an article on any given subject, chances are the vast majority of the time they will NOT be able to do it with out use some ebonics here and there due to their piss poor lexicology. Thus the substitution of these words is in fact ignorance.

That makes metalheads more intelligent? Because Ebonics aren't appropriate in an article?
----
27.03.2011 - 03:02
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 01:55

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:51

Quote:

5, Ask a person to sit down and write you an article on any given subject, chances are the vast majority of the time they will NOT be able to do it with out use some ebonics here and there due to their piss poor lexicology. Thus the substitution of these words is in fact ignorance.

That makes metalheads more intelligent? Because Ebonics aren't appropriate in an article?

That's not refuting my argument. Find us a a linguist who will say that Ebonics is a regional dialected, ETC.

2, not metalheads no. It makes people who speak their first language in a manner that new comers to English can understand them, NO MATTER WHAT MUSIC THEY LIKE.

Look, I came here to meet a few people who listen to metal, hoped to find a few good recommends. It's not easy to meet them around here there's very few people listening to metal I know about, and I don't exactly look like a girl who listens to this type of music. However you've managed to make it an unpleasant as can be experience. If you think after this I'd argue in favor of metalheads just because I listen to metal....... In all seriousness can we finally move on. If you can't stop because you're that bored I'll give you my Yahoo or something and you can call me every name in the book all night, but on here it has to stop.
----
27.03.2011 - 03:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:52

Iron Angel hit the nail on the head. Expert or not, the 5 facts had no citation or much further explanation. Which is why your facts to support your argument are continually being asked to be supplied. I've been reading back on this thread and I'm still having trouble finding the expertise proven facts. The claim of expertise is utterly pointless, and pretty much irrelevant unless there is some evidence to support that claim of expertise.

Regarding the joke - I'll repeat, I did not think you were white, it in fact was a joke. Reading a good chunk of your former posts around the site, I've come to the conclusion you are actually completely bonkers. You have this tendency to make assumptions, and remain adamant about those assumptions despite argumentation otherwise, just so you can keep your warped view of people fitting into your perception of them.

As BC said - Can't argue with crazy.

Cardboard is made from the feathers of monkeys - I'd know this, I'm an expert.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.03.2011 - 03:07
RavenKing
I suggest putting an end to this endless discussion (this is valid for everyone, including you Yasmine) once and for all and closing this thread before it gets any more ridiculous.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
27.03.2011 - 03:10
Yasmine
Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2011 at 03:05

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 01:52

Iron Angel hit the nail on the head. Expert or not, the 5 facts had no citation or much further explanation. Which is why your facts to support your argument are continually being asked to be supplied. I've been reading back on this thread and I'm still having trouble finding the expertise proven facts. The claim of expertise is utterly pointless, and pretty much irrelevant unless there is some evidence to support that claim of expertise.

Regarding the joke - I'll repeat, I did not think you were white, it in fact was a joke. Reading a good chunk of your former posts around the site, I've come to the conclusion you are actually completely bonkers. You have this tendency to make assumptions, and remain adamant about those assumptions despite argumentation otherwise, just so you can keep your warped view of people fitting into your perception of them.

As BC said - Can't argue with crazy.

Cardboard is made from the feathers of monkeys - I'd know this, I'm an expert.

I can easily refute that. lol That's the point, you're asking for facts provided over and over and over. The expert would be provided during the debate, as an expert was provided during the Oakland 1997 issue, several too.

All you're trying to do is side step the facts. Stop asking for what's been giving to you already, if Iron knows anything about debate at all he knows when an expert is asked to give facts the next step is to refute them, no one goes "WHAT WEBSITE WAS THAT FROM", do understand just how ......I'll just say silly that sounds? eh?
----
27.03.2011 - 03:12
Yasmine
Written by RavenKing on 27.03.2011 at 03:07

I suggest putting an end to this endless discussion (this is valid for everyone, including you Yasmine) once and for all and closing this thread before it gets any more ridiculous.

I accept this because you were fair in addressing everyone, I was waiting for this to happen, it took much longer than expected. I was waiting to get banned. lol.....Well not waiting but expecting.
----
27.03.2011 - 03:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 03:02

That's not refuting my argument. Find us a a linguist who will say that Ebonics is a regional dialected, ETC.

2, not metalheads no. It makes people who speak their first language in a manner that new comers to English can understand them, NO MATTER WHAT MUSIC THEY LIKE.

Look, I came here to meet a few people who listen to metal, hoped to find a few good recommends. It's not easy to meet them around here there's very few people listening to metal I know about, and I don't exactly look like a girl who listens to this type of music. However you've managed to make it an unpleasant as can be experience. If you think after this I'd argue in favor of metalheads just because I listen to metal....... In all seriousness can we finally move on. If you can't stop because you're that bored I'll give you my Yahoo or something and you can call me every name in the book all night, but on here it has to stop.

I wasn't trying to refute your argument, I was asking so that you could verify that that five-point list is indeed the one you were referring to earlier. I still see nothing to refute, as that list simply lacks any merit (unless of course you've got a source - that would lay this whole thing to rest, really).

And I don't want to call you names. I want to have a discussion, and what we are discussing is how metalheads are smarter than the average person. Your response to my counter-claim was that five-point list, which...doesn't really prove anything, it's just a list of Ebonics-related information.

Again, my apologies if you feel somehow threatened or ganged up on here. But we're really all beating a dead horse. I have no desire to call you names or whatever you're trying to get out of me with...I don't even know what this is, reverse psychology? I'm not trained in the field, but I'm sure you know the correct term.

I'm opting out for the rest of this though. Any quoting or whatever I'll ignore because this thread has met its end. I have no need to ignore you entirely, just in this thread. You seem to bring some interesting points to the table in other threads, from what I've seen. So maybe I'll catch you later in a future - more civilized topic.
----
27.03.2011 - 03:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 03:12

I accept this because you were fair in addressing everyone, I was waiting for this to happen, it took much longer than expected. I was waiting to get banned. lol.....Well not waiting but expecting.

Last quote from me, just to clarify: you haven't really done anything (in my opinion) to get you banned. It was just a conversation, got a little crazy, but I've seen far crazier in my time here.
----
27.03.2011 - 03:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Yes, how is this conjecture even related to the topic (although it's mildly funny, tbh)? My opinion is that there are some that are more intelligent and some that aren't, maybe it's dependent on what type of metalhead you are, because clearly the Manowar and power metal listeners fried some neurons one way or another.
27.03.2011 - 03:22
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 03:15

Last quote from me, just to clarify: you haven't really done anything (in my opinion) to get you banned. It was just a conversation, got a little crazy, but I've seen far crazier in my time here.

Alright, I'll give you then you're more forgiving than most. I've said I am not sourcing from the net. The problem here is your asking for a source as if I'm using an internet article, instead I'm providing statement from someone a ton of education in the field. I know it's very nice to pretend I don't actually know this expert and that's fine. However in a formal debate do you actually think a blog > an expert?

However I do understand your point that Ebonics is only part of the curriculum by which we'd judge said user's intelligence.
Also I seriously do feel that this mob was very much intended to bother me, harass, etc me.
----
27.03.2011 - 03:24
RavenKing

I think everyone needs to calm down and forget this discussion.
Why not commenting on actual metal bands, albums, etc on other threads instead of fighting between yourselves? It would be much more relaxing and enjoyable, no?

I don't think anyone deserves to be banned. It's only a case when people got too carried away.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
27.03.2011 - 03:25
IronAngel
Alright, let me take a look at this.

I came in late so I'm not sure what this is referring to. Whether or not a term is part of a given professional jargon doesn't make it any more or less useful.

You are no doubt correct. I fail to see the implication, though. Slang related to social group is not that different from professional jargon. You wouldn't suggest that doctors who use professional jargon not part of proper, written English are unintelligent either, would you?

Indeed it is. In this, it is no different from a professor who takes care to speak only Oxford English. I have no desire to refute this accurate description. Isn't the ability to create cultural symbols and draw lines of identification a sign of intelligence and in fact what makes us human?

Yes, agreed. Of no relevance to intelligence, though.

This is the crux of it, I suppose. You seem to assume that someone's inability, in our case apparently rappers' (if it's indeed statistically relevant, which needs to be shown with more research), to write English that conforms to academic conventions is a sign of their intelligence or ignorance? I'm sure you know Pierre Bourdieu and what he'd say: you're actually practicing symbolic violence and legitimizing the status quo by concealing the social generation of differences in school success. According to him, success in academic life is not in fact due to any inherent intelligence but rather the cultural capital invested in children by their families. Kids who've learned to speak Oxford English at home will fare better in school than working class kids using ethnic slang, and the symbolic machinery of the school system transforms these social differences into symbolic and natural differences. Bourdieu actually refers to this as the systematic racism of the ruling class.

I don't necessarily agree with Bourdieu 100%. However, I provided an expert to counter your arguments and offer a different perspective, so that should satisfy you and perhaps open new options for discussion.

Edit: Bah, don't tell me we stopped already!
27.03.2011 - 03:35
Yasmine
Written by IronAngel on 27.03.2011 at 03:25

Alright, let me take a look at this.

I came in late so I'm not sure what this is referring to. Whether or not a term is part of a given professional jargon doesn't make it any more or less useful.

You are no doubt correct. I fail to see the implication, though. Slang related to social group is not that different from professional jargon. You wouldn't suggest that doctors who use professional jargon not part of proper, written English are unintelligent either, would you?

Indeed it is. In this, it is no different from a professor who takes care to speak only Oxford English. I have no desire to refute this accurate description. Isn't the ability to create cultural symbols and draw lines of identification a sign of intelligence and in fact what makes us human?

Yes, agreed. Of no relevance to intelligence, though.

This is the crux of it, I suppose. You seem to assume that someone's inability, in our case apparently rappers' (if it's indeed statistically relevant, which needs to be shown with more research), to write English that conforms to academic conventions is a sign of their intelligence or ignorance? I'm sure you know Pierre Bourdieu and what he'd say: you're actually practicing symbolic violence and legitimizing the status quo by concealing the social generation of differences in school success. According to him, success in academic life is not in fact due to any inherent intelligence but rather the cultural capital invested in children by their families. Kids who've learned to speak Oxford English at home will fare better in school than working class kids using ethnic slang, and the symbolic machinery of the school system transforms these social differences into symbolic and natural differences. Bourdieu actually refers to this as the systematic racism of the ruling class.

I don't necessarily agree with Bourdieu 100%. However, I provided an expert to counter your arguments and offer a different perspective, so that should satisfy you and perhaps open new options for discussion.

Edit: Bah, don't tell me we stopped already!

1, not truely addressing the point, however you're right. It's useful, however it means that the majority of linguistics do not recognize Ebonics as it's own language or a "proper" part of any other language.

2, no argument, and no there's a reason many pros in many professions use slang, however not near the same reason as use for ebonics.

3, Same page, no problem.

4, Agree, right on nothing to do with intelligence, we didn't mean to imply that. Our bad if I did that.

5, actually I completely agree with your expert, his argument is not in conflict with mine completely in conflict with mine, why? Because hes perfectly right it is a nuture vs nature argument, and I agree it's nuture. A person speaking Oxford English will likely do better at home. This is my point to the tee. Troy (Sorry man) had said that education and intellect are not related (Not in so many words, again sorry), however your expert see home education in language as a key to school education. I'm not now or ever saying anything remotely like "This group of people are inheretly stupid".
----
27.03.2011 - 03:38
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 03:22

Also I seriously do feel that this mob was very much intended to bother me, harass, etc me.

I can assure you that this was no one's intent.
27.03.2011 - 03:42
Yasmine
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.03.2011 at 03:38

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 03:22

I can assure you that this was no one's intent.

Okay. I apologize for my pride, my real issue.
----
27.03.2011 - 08:49
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Godamn it, the fightings over.. And i just got my popcorn...