Metal Storm logo
Best Megadeth song

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.07.2006 - 23:00
imo it's either the scorpion or rust in peace.they both have aggression and they're good songs if you want someone to know a bit vaguely what megadeth is about.both have great lyrics,choruses and great guitar work,something all the megadeth fans got used to
so....no posts like PEACE SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
explain your option

Poll

which is in your opinion,the best song this band has composed?

other
Holy wars
Simphony of destruction
Peace sells
Rust in peace
she-wolf
Mechanix
Blackmail the universe
The scorpion

Total votes: 336
07.11.2007 - 00:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Really can't grasp the notion of people actually saying that they regard A Tout Le Monde as the best Megadeth song. My god, the pathos and sugariness of the song is just way too much. And now they have made the song even worse (I didn't think that would be possible) by using Cristina Scabbia on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.11.2007 - 00:43
Metal Rob!!
Account deleted
In Megadeth albums are more awesome songs that just the ones posted here, but Which song comes to your head when you heard the name " Megadeth"?, it doesn't mean that it could be the greatest, but its your choice.
Since i've heard to Christina Sccabia singin' A Tout Le Monde, I dont know which fucking song will I choose, there are a lot that really deserves it.

Tornado of Souls, Peace Sells, Lucretia, Rust in Peace, fuck me...I just can't choose just one...:wall:
07.11.2007 - 12:36
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 07.11.2007 at 00:37

Written by W-Lash on 19.09.2007 at 20:56

Written by Guest on 06.07.2007 at 12:52

i like "A Tout Le Monde" song.i think this song is best song.

Hm, i really don't like Megadeth but this song is awesome!

I can't believe that you said that you dont really like Megadeth, but it's your choice man, I'm right with it. But, man, Megadeth rules...

I'm not so deep in thrash to like Megadeth (in fact the only one thrash band i like is Metallica (old Metallica)).
07.11.2007 - 12:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.11.2007 at 00:43

A Tout Le Monde ... by using Cristina Scabbia on it.

I love alcohol but where you hear Cristina in song I had that CD and tape 'Youthonasia' but no Cristina are thay remasterd song in this year or something?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2007 - 12:51
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Shit, are you totally wasted or what
Written by Bad English on 19.09.2007 at 22:43
Totaly agree about it and new video where Cristina Scabbia are she are overated and that video make sthat song worrs
Here you said you've seen the video... well that's the song re-recorded for the new album.

From the options I would probably go with Peace Sells or Mechanix... probably Peace Sells, though I would rather pick other for My Last Words, but I still haven't heard the first and third albums. And some later ones, but I doubt they have anything half as good...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.11.2007 - 14:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Syk on 07.11.2007 at 12:51

Shit, are you totally wasted or what
Written by Bad English on 19.09.2007 at 22:43
Totaly agree about it and new video where Cristina Scabbia are she are overated and that video make sthat song worrs
Here you said you've seen the video... well that's the song re-recorded for the new album.

From the options I would probably go with Peace Sells or Mechanix... probably Peace Sells, though I would rather pick other for My Last Words, but I still haven't heard the first and third albums. And some later ones, but I doubt they have anything half as good...

Damn I forgot about that vidoe I havnt hear new album but I saw video and ealy forgot since 'Youthonsia' are alst album what I like
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.12.2007 - 20:14
RockeRoy
i love all albums y megadeth ecept "risk" and the new one, but i liked the "system has failed" a lot
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
11.12.2007 - 16:08
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
My favourite song is actually Reckoning Day from Youthanasia. Great album.
----
THRASH!!!
11.12.2007 - 22:23
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
I vote for Holy Wars (in this list). Thta song is powerful and aggressive. It's a headbanging one. Just try to close your eyes, put the CD, look for that song into your CD player, push play and let the song makes your movements. You're gonna be crazy.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
23.01.2008 - 13:59
Justice
Its hard to choose
But I realy love HOLY WARS
yes I love it
23.01.2008 - 18:12
RhysTerk
Simple one, of course it's Symphony of destruction, it has everything
24.01.2008 - 21:43
IllNiñoSweden
I vote other song. Because I like the latest album for example "Sleepwalker".
24.01.2008 - 23:31
panchowl
I know that "Symphony Of Destruction" maybe is not the most -elaborated- song from Megadeth, but is my favourite by so far!!!
25.01.2008 - 02:23
Ascalon
For me "A Tout Le Monde", or "Trust", maybe they don't represent the classic Megadeth ... but for are the best ones.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
25.01.2008 - 04:26
deadset61
Account deleted
I cant really pick my favorite Megadeth because i have som many but I guess i would pick Holy wars. I love that solo and I've loved that song pretty much since i started listening to metal
22.02.2008 - 02:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I voted Peace Sells,what great song... "who's buying" it?
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
09.06.2008 - 23:53
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
i'd say ATout Le Monde for the lyrics and Reckoning Day for the music.
BUT i think after Mustaine's REconversion to christianity, Megadeth SUCKS...
if you remember, he was the one who made Dissection and Rotting Christ cancel their appearance in a tour and he attended another tour with a counselor and he was the one who announced that Megadeth won't play certain songs live anymore due to Mustaine's new identification as a Christian!!!!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
13.06.2008 - 17:36
aprime
Account deleted
I'm gonna say Tornado of Souls. Its got awesome vocals, shredding guitar solo, good riffs, and it makes me bang my head whenever i hear it. Hangar 18 is more technically amazing, but Tornado of Souls just sounds heavier.
12.08.2008 - 19:48
Hanger 18 .
02.09.2008 - 02:16
Rattlehead87
I Think "Set The World Afire" and "Go To Hell" Are my favorite songs from Megadeth
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
02.09.2008 - 02:30
Iron Priest
I picked other cause Hangar 18 is my favourite but I almost went with Devil's Island. Both have great guitars and lyrics.
07.09.2008 - 04:28
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Sleepwalker, anyone? and/or Sweating Bullets <-- my two personal faves, but of the above list, i'll go with Rust in Peace.
11.09.2008 - 10:22
where is HANGAR 18?
13.09.2008 - 23:15
Landry
Other songs I like are A Tout Le Monde, Sweating Bullets and Dread And The Fugitive Mind.
14.09.2008 - 07:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm not a Megadeth fan because of Mustain's voice. That's why I love Hangar 18.. only 2 verses, and the rest is just kick ass solos So I voted "Other".
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
23.09.2008 - 22:53
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Hangar 18 is the best Megadeth song.
15.01.2009 - 15:36
caveman666
Account deleted
Tornado of souls is there best song (not just for the guitar solo)
15.01.2009 - 18:08
Luciferion
Symphony of Destruction for me, I really like teh vocals on it, and the guitaring, though not crazy technical has amazing flow to it.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
15.01.2009 - 18:51
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
From that list, I picked "Scorpion" but I am not sure it is their best. It might be the one I like the most, but it is hard to say which is their best song.
----
(space for rent)
23.01.2009 - 19:53
Ragana
Rawrcat
None of the listed ones. A Tout Le Monde.