Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
04.09.2007 - 20:47
Necronomicon
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 14.07.2007 at 16:55

What do you all think of Bloodthirst?
I think the songs are well-structured, the riffs are catchy, and Corpsegrinder does an excellent job on the vocals.
But, I can't shake the feeling that the album is like a movie that was made solely to appeal to fans, complete with explosions, crime, and naked women (not that that is always bad). It just has a feel as though CC knew what formula would be appreciated by the fans, and catered to that, as opposed to the raw spirit of the earlier albums.

who cares if they used a recipie or just made it to please fans? it is fucking killer songs on that album thats all that matters
04.09.2007 - 22:22
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Yesterday I was reading a metal magazine from 1994 (it can be Hell Awaits, but I'm not really sure) with a review from the newly released "The Bleeding"... well, it got a really bad grade, but the funny part is that the reviewer said that it was obviously the end of Cannibal Corpse and that in a few years only a few people will remember them and only as a kind of joke band that became a self-parody after one good album

Funny shit apart, that review is understandable due to the fact that The Bleeding is actually the weakest CC album, but then the beginning with Corpsegrinder was killer!!!!... Vile was a hell of a great album from the beginning to the end.
04.09.2007 - 23:12
Sunioj
I don't think its the weakest though, I actuall really like that album. Weaker albums imo would be Butchered at Birth, or Gallery of Suicide.
04.09.2007 - 23:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 04.09.2007 at 22:22

The Bleeding is actually the weakest CC album, but then the beginning with Corpsegrinder was killer!!!!... Vile was a hell of a great album from the beginning to the end.

whaaaa? The Bleeding is their best man! As for Vile, it's good but there are some songs on that album that lack energy.
05.09.2007 - 15:39
rageing atheist
Account deleted
The Bleeding is the only Cannibal Corpse album I have heard in its entirety, so I can't compare it to their other albums, but I think it's a decent enough record. I lent this album from a friend of mine, (just so, that I could familiarise myself with Cannibal Corpse, I actually didn't expect that I would like it), and I was somewhat prejudiced towards Cannibal Corpse and expected it to be somewhat boring, but I was surprised that I actually liked this stuff. Anyway I've read that The Bleeding is supposed to be their most "musical" album, so that might put off fans of their more brutal material, I hwever think that I wouldn't enjoy their other albums as much.
06.09.2007 - 21:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 05.09.2007 at 15:39

The Bleeding is the only Cannibal Corpse album I have heard in its entirety, so I can't compare it to their other albums, but I think it's a decent enough record. I lent this album from a friend of mine, (just so, that I could familiarise myself with Cannibal Corpse, I actually didn't expect that I would like it), and I was somewhat prejudiced towards Cannibal Corpse and expected it to be somewhat boring, but I was surprised that I actually liked this stuff. Anyway I've read that The Bleeding is supposed to be their most "musical" album, so that might put off fans of their more brutal material, I hwever think that I wouldn't enjoy their other albums as much.

Others are same man, this band if you had one album its enought for them, because others are simmilar ist liek listen simmilar song, but pay for CD
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.09.2007 - 09:40
Sunioj

Listen dude, if you are into that style of Death Metal, Cannibal Corpse is definetly the more seasoned musically then most bands from there. If you like the energy on The Bleeding, other albums I would suggest is Gore Obsessed, Vile, Bloodthirst and Tomb of the Mutilated. Lots of memorable songs to choose from, as a musical album and from a bassist point of view, alex webster has put out more complicated and faster work on the other albums I mentioned imo.

@K7
Great argument...you really went out of your way to go describe in detail the sound of the band.
08.09.2007 - 02:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 06.09.2007 at 21:18

Others are same man, this band if you had one album its enought for them, because others are simmilar ist liek listen simmilar song, but pay for CD

I don't agree at all. Maybe the songs on Butchered at Birth sound pretty similar to each other, but if you can't tell the difference between Vile and Eaten Back to Life, both of which have different vocalists, you need to seriously listen to them again or something.
08.09.2007 - 05:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2007 at 02:14

I don't agree at all. Maybe the songs on Butchered at Birth sound pretty similar to each other, but if you can't tell the difference between Vile and Eaten Back to Life, both of which have different vocalists, you need to seriously listen to them again or something.

I was going to come to a similar defense dude, but my education in CC is only 3 albums (all of which kick ass).
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.09.2007 - 15:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
Cannibal Corpse is only three albums?

yeh.. if someone says that all the albums of a band sound the same, then they just haven't given them the right amount of time..
someone that knows Cannibal Corpse properly will easily be able to tell albums apart
even if they all are similar in that traditional Cannibal Corpse way - each album has great, original material on it from the previous
09.09.2007 - 01:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 08.09.2007 at 15:20

Cannibal Corpse is only three albums?

Oh, I was just saying my education in CC is only 3 albums, I only own 3 albums so if I was to say all there albums are varied and what not it would be an ignorant comment on my part.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2007 - 03:10
mankvill
I'm so pissed that they're skipping Kansas with Goatwhore/others for the Metal Blade Anniversary Tour thing. They were awesome when I saw them last year.
09.09.2007 - 03:31
selken
Irreligious
Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2007 at 02:14

About that, I think that Cannibal Corpse is one of the few bands who stick with a style and remain constant without being boring (for example the 2 last Maiden' bored me), of course their music has evolved, but they know very well how to reinvent themselves.
----
11.09.2007 - 21:08
Cut-Throat
the band where a death metal band but somewhere along the lines they became a technical death metal band! I think it must of started around bloodthirst/gore obsessed time in my opnion but correct me if i'm wrong!
12.09.2007 - 17:56
Baz Anderson
Staff
I don't think Cannibal Corpse have ever been a technical death metal band..
they are no way near as technical as some of the bands out there..
yes, Cannibal Corpse play their instruments well but it isn't would would be classed as "technical"
13.09.2007 - 16:14
LivingCorpse
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.09.2007 at 17:56

I don't think Cannibal Corpse have ever been a technical death metal band..
they are no way near as technical as some of the bands out there..
yes, Cannibal Corpse play their instruments well but it isn't would would be classed as "technical"

No, Cannibal Corpse isn't technical death metal from what I've heard, even though they play well and quite requiring stuff with ultimate tempo, they just doesn't play stuff like Cynic, Death(91-98), Morbid Angel, and like that.

Though, Cannibal Corpse has been to me always kind of distant in death metal, I have decided many times to buy some album of the band, but I always cancelled those kind of plans, and bought something, which is surely good album. Lately I've been trying to become acquainted with Corpse, and I bought Butchered At Birth and Eaten Back To Life couple of weeks ago. Both quite good albums, but I haven't found nothing special from those albums. They are great death metal if we change a point of view to riffs which are catchy and kicking-ass as well, but then something goes wrong, and songs sink into moderate kind of brutal grinding death metal. I would give 7½ to both of those albums.
13.09.2007 - 19:18
Baz Anderson
Staff
well Cynic are more progressive than technical - I thought Death moved more towards thrash, and Morbid Angel is just straight death metal to me
by "technical death metal" I am thinking more along the lines of Odious Mortem and Necrophagist, etc.
13.09.2007 - 19:59
LivingCorpse
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 13.09.2007 at 19:18

well Cynic are more progressive than technical - I thought Death moved more towards thrash, and Morbid Angel is just straight death metal to me
by "technical death metal" I am thinking more along the lines of Odious Mortem and Necrophagist, etc.

No, Death did not move into thrash metal. Listen Individual Thought Patterns, and say then. It is really highly technical record, and at the same time usually marked as top of their career. As myself, I would say that Sound of Perseverance is technical, melodic metal shit at its best, my favourite record of Death. Cynic is progressive? In my opinion Cynic is more jazzy and technical, even though I don't object that it's progressive in a way. I would ask from you, can't music be progressive and technical at the same time. But, those that you said, are very highly technical, being progressive at the same time, especially Necrophagist. But it's just my opinion, but I would recommend you to think again could progressive be technical at the same time?
13.09.2007 - 20:39
mankvill
I don't think Cannibal Corpse is technical, just br00tal.
16.09.2007 - 00:24
?Master?
Account deleted
loooooove cannibal corpse!
great fukin band!!!!
cant wait to see them in november!!
16.09.2007 - 00:30
Kharn
Account deleted
I Cant beleive my eyes...people saying the bleeding sucks?

Fucked with a knife, staring through the eyes of the dead...it's an awesome album.

Middle finger to the doubters.
21.09.2007 - 11:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A video interview with Alex Webster conducted by Metal Sanaz at the Los Angeles stop of the the Metal Blade 25th Anniversary Tour can be viewed at this location.
22.09.2007 - 02:19
HOLOCAUST
Account deleted
CANNIBAL CORPSE FUCKING RULES ALL DEATH METAL BANDS.
I saw them last night,
as well as The Absence, GOATWHORE, The Red Chord, and The Black Dhalia Murder.
Goatwhore was one of my favorite performances,
but Cannibal Corpse was pure fucking carnage from beginning to end.
ALL HAIL CC
22.09.2007 - 05:31
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
i havent really listened to all of the bleeding,
but i like eaten back to life a lot better.
24.09.2007 - 04:05
Kharn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.09.2007 at 19:59

Written by Baz Anderson on 13.09.2007 at 19:18

No, Death did not move into thrash metal. Listen Individual Thought Patterns, and say then. It is really highly technical record, and at the same time usually marked as top of their career. As myself, I would say that Sound of Perseverance is technical, melodic metal shit at its best, my favourite record of Death. Cynic is progressive? In my opinion Cynic is more jazzy and technical, even though I don't object that it's progressive in a way. I would ask from you, can't music be progressive and technical at the same time. But, those that you said, are very highly technical, being progressive at the same time, especially Necrophagist. But it's just my opinion, but I would recommend you to think again could progressive be technical at the same time?

In relation to Death...individual thought patterns is a techy album, but as far as sound of perseverence is conscerned...nope, not a techy album. it has some of Chucks simplest work since leprosy. Im not slagging the album...i love it, but it's not tech. Compare it to The wretched spawn by corpse and it sounds more like a thrash album...as mentioned above.
25.09.2007 - 20:06
Olli
I have the gore obsessed album.. didn't find it intresting, not bad but at the same time nothing intresting.
Can anyone reccomend me some songs / album to try?
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.09.2007 - 20:14
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Maybe you could try "The Bleeding", it's supposed to be their catchiest and most melodic album (actually it's the only one of their albums I've heard in its entirety, I've only heard bits from their other albums), anyway as much as I've heard/read it tends to appeal also to people who aren't too excited about their other stuff (though some of their old-school fans seem to dislike it).
25.09.2007 - 20:37
Too many fail.
I actually found most of their albums quite boring with the exception of TWS which is one of my fav dm records of all time. That disc destroys guitar playing wise, the drumming is nothing more than I expect from CC though... That is to say quite bland...
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
25.09.2007 - 20:37
Cut-Throat
i personnaly think there newest album "Kill" is a superb album is definetley one of the best they have done.
13.10.2007 - 12:00
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Cut-Throat on 25.09.2007 at 20:37

i personnaly think there newest album "Kill" is a superb album is definetley one of the best they have done.

its kind of boring to me. dont know why.
Tomb Of The Mutilated or The Bleeding are my fav.