Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
07.02.2008 - 01:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.01.2008 at 13:24

Written by Guest on 26.01.2008 at 01:48

Written by Guest on 25.01.2008 at 15:40

Written by RockeRoy on 25.01.2008 at 00:59

Is there any of their albums witch is considerd as their masterpiece?

Written by Guest on 25.01.2008 at 02:38

Tomb of the Mutilated

with Chris Barnes ofcourse
I think newer Cannibal Corpse all sound like thesame, its pretty good though

I haven't heard any of their newer stuff save for GOre Obsessed. I'm not a huge fan of Corpsegrinder, although The Wretched Spawn is widely considered to be one of their best.

which I think isnt that good.

Huh, oddly enough thats my favorite album. I couldn't tell you why, from an objective point of view its probably not there best, it was just the easiest one for me to get into for some reason.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.02.2008 - 08:28
Anarchist
I think their Corpsegrinder albums are the best. I also don't get this obsession with Tomb of the Mutilated it was just ok, I think Gore Obsession and Bloodthirst are great.
01.03.2008 - 20:47
Cynicalatheist
Account deleted
I prefer Barnes to Corpsegrinder. 'Eaten Back To Life' and 'Tomb Of The Mutilated' are two of my fav. albums from Barnes era. In my opinion , 'Bloodthirst' also came quite close to being a classic.
03.03.2008 - 12:18
Well , there is no comparison between Chris Barnes and Corpse Grinder because of the simple reason that both of them have very different vocal styles and both are exceptionally good vocalists ..cheers to cannibal corpse ... blood thirst is my fav album m/
06.03.2008 - 02:54
mankvill
Corpsegrinder plays WoW.
06.03.2008 - 03:53
Unerly
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 06.03.2008 at 02:54

Corpsegrinder plays WoW.

Yeah. No wonder he has such name. Oh, and btw, he's in the horde. YAY for that. I wonder what realm he's in.
06.03.2008 - 04:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
lol, doesn't suprise me that Corpsegrinder's into a MMORPG. CC is a big group of pot smoking nerds.....lol.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.03.2008 - 06:42
mankvill
Written by Arian Totalis on 06.03.2008 at 04:46

lol, doesn't suprise me that Corpsegrinder's into a MMORPG. CC is a big group of pot smoking nerds.....lol.

Actually, I don't think Corpsegrinder smokes or drinks. I dunno.
06.03.2008 - 15:38
Unerly
Account deleted
Not sure about smoking, but I'm pretty positive that he drinks. Correct me if I'm wrong.
06.03.2008 - 17:39
Necronomicon
Account deleted
if Corpsegrinder drinks HELL YEARH MAN?? he once said to cannabil corpse show where i was when somebody asked him if he showered... I DONT SHOWER IT TAKES TIME FROM DRINKING BEER... he is fucking awesome... but i dont know if he smokes pot... Chris Barnes loves pot.. he have even made a song about pot (it is called 4:20) no shit
06.03.2008 - 20:54
mankvill
haha okay. It's just that when I saw CC, corpsegrinder had a bunch of diet cokes instead of beer or anything. That makes sense, though.

Also: Corpsegrinder plays for the Horde for anyone that plays WoW.
07.03.2008 - 04:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 06.03.2008 at 15:38

Not sure about smoking, but I'm pretty positive that he drinks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I don't know about george fisher, but I saw a video of them on their box set back when chris barnes was with them. They were on their tour bus, and I thing Chris's arm was in a cast, though I could be wrong. Well anyway, they were all smoking weed. Like, I remember specifically Alex webster and Chris barnes doing it, I dunno if anyone else did.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.03.2008 - 20:31
bucky01403
Account deleted
I really wanna get that box set. The demo songs from Vile with Chris Barnes on vocals are far superior to their A'side counterparts. The Created to Kill demo, I believe that's what it's called.

As we all know: Barnes > Fisher
10.03.2008 - 00:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Whoa, I need to check that demo out right now.
11.03.2008 - 18:30
ABUSOR
Account deleted
I think Chris Barne's had "the" Cannibal Corpse vocals and George Fisher had "the" Monstrosity vocals.... It makes me wonder how Corpse would end up if Chris had remained with them and if George had remained with Monstrosity?? My personal opinion is that Butchered At Birth defines Cannibal Corpse for me....
16.04.2008 - 21:49
Lord TJ
I Cum Blood......I think ill bring this song to church.....
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
22.04.2008 - 13:36
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I'm in dream with Infinite Misery track yet . I miss when chris in the band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
02.05.2008 - 08:11
Anarchist
Anybody else agree that Cannibal Corpse's version of No Remorse is way better than the original by Metallica?
04.05.2008 - 05:07
The Soothsayer
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 06.03.2008 at 06:42

Written by Arian Totalis on 06.03.2008 at 04:46

Actually, I don't think Corpsegrinder smokes or drinks. I dunno.

Then you should try and look for more pics of them back stage during post shows and watch interviews. He can be seen holding a cup of beer in several of them.
05.05.2008 - 20:38
Lord TJ
Written by Anarchist on 02.05.2008 at 08:11

Anybody else agree that Cannibal Corpse's version of No Remorse is way better than the original by Metallica?

In my opinion, nothing beats originals, or else it wouldn't be very original.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
08.05.2008 - 22:41
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
Many Says Than Bane Was better In Cannibal Corpse But I think That Corpsegrinder Are Totally Better Than bane from my opinion
09.05.2008 - 00:33
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.05.2008 at 22:41

Many Says Than Bane Was better In Cannibal Corpse But I think That Corpsegrinder Are Totally Better Than bane from my opinion

what are you talking about?
09.05.2008 - 02:33
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 09.05.2008 at 00:33

what are you talking about?

I think he meant Barnes. Anyways, I'm just sitting here listening to "Shredded Humans" from their debut and I think Barnes vocals were pretty good on this album. Granted, he's never been a great vocalist, especially now, but he wasn't too bad. He sounds pretty good on some of the live early recordings too. Their early stuff was some wicked shit though.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.05.2008 - 03:05
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
it's a shame how no one on this forum gives barnes the credit he deserves, i mean no matter if you like his vocals or not, he was one of the vocalist of 1990 who took growling to an absolute new level, and he deserves credit for that.
09.05.2008 - 06:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, I definitly can agree there. Barnes is one hell of a vocalist imo in his early days.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

10.05.2008 - 13:39
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I agree too! Barnes growling in the early days was in a higher level and that's why I prefer CC in his days!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
21.05.2008 - 13:12
orc
Imo, the latest "Kill" album is their best work ever, it's so simple and in your face with perfect sound. There are no fillers, just plain brutality from the beginning. You just get devoured by the music and when the last track starts playing you slowly get back to reality. I mean, Cannibal Corpse has always been good, but this album is complete... whole.
----
http://www.nihilistikrypt.net
http://www.myspace.com/nihilistikrypt
21.05.2008 - 22:07
immaculate
Account deleted
Cannibal corpse is my favorite death metal band next to deicide and i see theres an argument on the best vocalist from there line up.
and i have one name the BEST vocalist of all time CORPSEGRINDER.
dont even try to argue because deep down you know im right.
im 14 and even i can tell real talent from a fake.
21.05.2008 - 23:48
Ferret
Account deleted
Written by Anarchist on 02.05.2008 at 08:11

Ever notice bascially every band that covers Metallica does it better than Metallica?
Or is that just me? o.o
22.05.2008 - 00:18
Ferret
Account deleted
Oh, and on the topic of CC.
Personally, I hate them. Im not sure if I'm just not catching whats so good about them, but when I compare them to other death metal bands, they're just horrible.