Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
22.05.2008 - 00:28
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 22.05.2008 at 00:18

Oh, and on the topic of CC.
Personally, I hate them. Im not sure if I'm just not catching whats so good about them, but when I compare them to other death metal bands, they're just horrible.

I used to think they were below par with the other early acts, but I've really come to like their first three releases, especially their debut. I'd give the early years some more listens. It takes a bit to get into to, but early CC can be very rewarding. (Listening to Cannabis Corpse right now. Actually pretty good parody too.)
----
The force will be with you, always.
22.05.2008 - 22:22
immaculate
Account deleted
deffinatly when i first heard them i thought they were unorginal and mediocre but then i heard hammer smashed face and tomb of the mutilated and everything changed.

It was like being born again
23.05.2008 - 03:35
Existenzangst
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.05.2008 at 22:07

Cannibal corpse is my favorite death metal band next to deicide and i see theres an argument on the best vocalist from there line up.
and i have one name the BEST vocalist of all time CORPSEGRINDER.
dont even try to argue because deep down you know im right.
im 14 and even i can tell real talent from a fake.

seems like you can't.

i agree about corpsegrinder being a good growler, but there are much better growlers out there, but you with your young age of 14 didn't experince these bands (yet?), so you can't actually name anybody to be the best. corpsegrinder is maybe the best growler you know, but that's just because you don't know many, or enough. anyway it's good to see someone in your age intersted in death metal, so cheers.
23.05.2008 - 21:52
immaculate
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.05.2008 at 03:35

Cannibal corpse is my favorite death metal band next to deicide and i see theres an argument on the best vocalist from there line up.

seems like you can't.

i agree about corpsegrinder being a good growler, but there are much better growlers out there, but you with your young age of 14 didn't experince these bands (yet?), so you can't actually name anybody to be the best. corpsegrinder is maybe the best growler you know, but that's just because you don't know many, or enough. anyway it's good to see someone in your age intersted in death metal, so cheers.

yeah i know probably any death metal band that you think has a better growler i know enough death metal bands and appreciate there vocalists but i still think corpsegrinders the best.
Dont think because im 14 i dont know my shit.
25.05.2008 - 04:25
Existenzangst
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.05.2008 at 21:52

Written by Guest on 23.05.2008 at 03:35

seems like you can't.

yeah i know probably any death metal band that you think has a better growler

ok now you are about to fucking piss me off.

dude, you have no freaking idea to who you're talking to. i don't like death metal, i breath death metal. i don't play death metal, i live death metal. i'm the fucking incarnation of everything that stands for death metal. lol ok not that extreme, but what i want to point out is, that i worship this music in every sense of the word . - i'm not much older than you, man, i'm 20. but trust me i learned a lot in the past 7 years which i'm listening to metal, and one of the most important things is to NEVER call anyone or anything the best in an eniter genre and always try out recommendations from dudes which are at least 15 years older than you (i discovered tons of bands like that and i guarantee you that you will to).

it's not wrong to think that corpsegrinder is the best growler, but it's wrong to think that at the age of 14. know why? because you didn't experience death metal enough to make such an statement, you simply don't know enough bands and growlers (i don't give a shit what you claim). i can name you AT LEAST 100* old school/underground death metal bands which i'm pretty sure that you have never heard of in your life, which is probably even more than you already know. anyway, don't ge me wrong kid, it's cool to see a guy in your age liking bands like CC and deicide, but trust me, after 4-5 years of death metal, you will agree to every single fucking word i said. if you hit me back in 5 years with a lot more experience than now and still think that corpsegrinder is the best, than it's just opinion related, but right now at the age of 14 and without knowing shit about this genre, i can't and wont take you serious.

* if you don't belive me send me a p-message and i will open up your eyes for the crowing glory of extreme music, which is death. fucking. metal.

amen
26.05.2008 - 10:37
Woutjinho
Account deleted
true
28.05.2008 - 21:49
immaculate
Account deleted
See thats exactly what im talking about, beause im 14 you wont take me seriously. Thats why on most forums i hide my age. Dont fucking pretend that your infinatly more knowledgeable than me death metal wise. I can keep a conversation with you about death metal no problem i know my shit. When your ready to step off of your self righteous pedestal then we can talk.

I dont literally think that corpsegrinder is the best it was an exageration.
29.05.2008 - 19:56
Blarg, I feel myself actually growing stupid after reading the posts on the past page or two. Not that every post is pure shit, but the majority are an insult to the almighty CC.
30.05.2008 - 01:26
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.05.2008 at 21:49

See thats exactly what im talking about, beause im 14 you wont take me seriously.

it's not only your age, but because of your young age i can guarantee you that you haven't got the knowledge that it takes to make such an huge statement. we can talk about death metal, no problem i like to get youngsters into the real stuff, just send me a p-message if you're intersted, but let's end our discussion here, because we're getting offtopic, alright?

peace
30.05.2008 - 01:42
Baz Anderson
Staff

...beause im 14 you wont take me seriously.

Believe me, the Swiss chap is right - it isn't that you are 14, it is that you just aren't old enough to have had lengthy experience with death metal over the years - and so you just won't have heard most of the bands out there, especially in the underground. Don't take it as some kind of insult or anything, it is great you listen to death metal at 14 - but this is a lesson we have learnt with our own experience.
30.05.2008 - 01:49
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.05.2008 at 01:42

...beause im 14 you wont take me seriously.

Believe me, the Swiss chap is right - it isn't that you are 14, it is that you just aren't old enough to have had lengthy experience with death metal over the years - and so you just won't have heard most of the bands out there, especially in the underground. Don't take it as some kind of insult or anything, it is great you listen to death metal at 14 - but this is a lesson we have learnt with our own experience.

that's exactly what i wanted to point out, i should keep myself short in the future
05.06.2008 - 12:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i saw a documentary and there was a short bald guy which had no neck(lol some mutant zombies must have ripped his head with a chainsaw and then glue it back on, but they were kind of sloppy).

was he chris barnes cause i see he's got huge dreadlocks now
05.06.2008 - 23:07
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Valentin B on 05.06.2008 at 12:37

i saw a documentary and there was a short bald guy which had no neck(lol some mutant zombies must have ripped his head with a chainsaw and then glue it back on, but they were kind of sloppy).

was he chris barnes cause i see he's got huge dreadlocks now

It might have been Jack Owen as he is now bald (but no longer in the band) but I'm not sure you could say he "had no neck."
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.06.2008 - 00:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Shouldn't you first ask "immaculate" before you say anything else to him? Sure, at the age of 14 it is very unlikely that he knows 'all' of Death metal, but he could have a dad that's very much into Death metal or something like that. I mean, don't just take what is likely as a fact.

So Immaculate, dude, tell us what shit in Death metal you know and enjoy. (Not here though, go to a general Death Metal thread).
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.06.2008 - 00:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
You can be fourteen and be hardcore into death metal...this day and age with the internet and all the time that youngsters spend on the computer trying to get to know the genre of music they like better, why wouldn't a 14 year old get as much as they could into death metal...not Cannibal Corpse though...I heard Cannibal Corpse described as Death Metal for Dummies...
04.08.2008 - 07:36
Wintermoon
Account deleted
I really love C.C
I think George Fisher is one of the best screamer of metal.
But..Some lyrics hurt me.
Like Butchered at Birth.
But C.C is one of the best metal band ever.
(sorry for my english..I am franch)
09.08.2008 - 18:09
eleniShadow
Written by Guest on 21.05.2008 at 23:48

Written by Anarchist on 02.05.2008 at 08:11

Anybody else agree that Cannibal Corpse's version of No Remorse is way better than the original by Metallica?

Ever notice bascially every band that covers Metallica does it better than Metallica?
Or is that just me? o.o

definately
----
Hellenic Black Metal Legions
http://www.myspace.com/elenishadow
10.08.2008 - 06:47
Bitter Peace
Cannibal Corpse.. I don't like the music so much anymore, I just got bored with them because they've been doing the same exact thing their entire career. But man, Cannibal Corpse is seriously one of the best bands to see live. George Fisher has an insane voice.
11.08.2008 - 09:05
Anarchist
Anybody buy Centuries of Torment?
11.08.2008 - 17:52
^^^No ;-)

After listening to each of their albums, here's how I would rate them (which will certainly change).

1. Vile - Probably the biggest surprise of their discography. Full of classics IMO
2. Tomb of the Mutilated - This was my first CC album and I like it more now than when I first heard it...may eventually be my favorite.
3. The Bleeding - Used to be my favorite, but I just don't enjoy pulling it out as much as other CC albums anymore.
4. Gore Obsessed - This and Bloodthirst are nearly synonymous IMO, but the sound on this album is just slightly better.
5. Bloodthirst - Catchier but slightly less technical than Gore Obsessed.
6. Eaten Back to Life - Definitely the catchiest album of their discography. I just wish it was a little heavier.
7. The Wretched Spawn - Sounds like a continuation of Gore Obsessed, and is their most technical album. But, it is inferior for two reasons...I've heard people say this album is somewhat uninspired, and I couldn't agree more. Also, I fucking hate Decency Defied. That song brings down the quality of the entire album.
8. Butchered at Birth - I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, some of CC's best material is on this album and it is also possibly their darkest and most brutal. But, the drums are just horrible. The drummer keeps pounding out the same beat throughout the entire album, which drowns out the rest of the instruments. If I could get past the drums or mix the EQ somehow, then maybe this would be one of their best.
8 (tie). Kill - Good that they finally changed their sound a bit, and the new direction isn't a bad one, but I personally just prefer the CC of old.
10. Gallery of Suicide - Their sole album that just isn't really any good. There is only one song I really like (the title track), and way too much filler. Inferior in all respects (production, songwriting, etc.) to the prior and following album.
11.08.2008 - 18:07
MathC
Account deleted
One of the rare death metal band I'm not bothering listenning to. Along with Deicide.

Both bands are way too felated.
17.08.2008 - 08:06
hardRAWKR
Account deleted
Haven't heard much of these guys, but I have to agree, the cover is a lot better than Metallica's version. Metallica is horrible (not just the new stuff either).
27.08.2008 - 00:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 11.08.2008 at 17:52

^^^No ;-)

After listening to each of their albums, here's how I would rate them (which will certainly change).

1. Vile - Probably the biggest surprise of their discography. Full of classics IMO
2. Tomb of the Mutilated - This was my first CC album and I like it more now than when I first heard it...may eventually be my favorite.
3. The Bleeding - Used to be my favorite, but I just don't enjoy pulling it out as much as other CC albums anymore.
4. Gore Obsessed - This and Bloodthirst are nearly synonymous IMO, but the sound on this album is just slightly better.
5. Bloodthirst - Catchier but slightly less technical than Gore Obsessed.
6. Eaten Back to Life - Definitely the catchiest album of their discography. I just wish it was a little heavier.
7. The Wretched Spawn - Sounds like a continuation of Gore Obsessed, and is their most technical album. But, it is inferior for two reasons...I've heard people say this album is somewhat uninspired, and I couldn't agree more. Also, I fucking hate Decency Defied. That song brings down the quality of the entire album.
8. Butchered at Birth - I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, some of CC's best material is on this album and it is also possibly their darkest and most brutal. But, the drums are just horrible. The drummer keeps pounding out the same beat throughout the entire album, which drowns out the rest of the instruments. If I could get past the drums or mix the EQ somehow, then maybe this would be one of their best.
8 (tie). Kill - Good that they finally changed their sound a bit, and the new direction isn't a bad one, but I personally just prefer the CC of old.
10. Gallery of Suicide - Their sole album that just isn't really any good. There is only one song I really like (the title track), and way too much filler. Inferior in all respects (production, songwriting, etc.) to the prior and following album.

Nice mang, but I'm surprised to see Vile #1 on your list. That's actually one of my least favorite CC albums lol. Well, it's been a while since I played it so I could be long. I'll make a list anyways....

1. Kill
It might not be their best album, but it's their most energetic. I fucking love Purification by Fire.
2. Eaten Back to Life
The vocals disappoint me here because they aren't as brutal as usual, and if they were your typical Chris Barnes voice then it could by my #1.
3. Bloodthirst
I didn't really care for this album at first, but after setting it aside for a while, I put it in and it blew me away. Too bad I only have a shitty burned copy
4. The Bleeding
At one time this was my favorite, but I've overplayed it, unfortunately. It surely is their most melodic album. I COME ALIVE IN THE DARKNESS!!!!
5. Tomb of the Mutilated
The riffs used throughout this album are very overlooked.
6. Butchered at Birth
Yeah, the songs here sound a little samey, but it's fast and brutal, so still good in my book. And yeah, the drummer is gay.
7. Vile
This album starts off well, but drags too often.
8. Gore Obsessed
generic album, but Hatchet to the Head makes me laugh every time
9. Gallery of Suicide
Too long for it's own good - if they took out four of the worst songs than this would be a very good album
10. The Wretched Spawn
Too slow :/
27.08.2008 - 16:27
I probably rated Wretched Spawn too high and Kill too low. But I do think Gore Obsessed is one of their better ones and is what Wretched Spawn should have been. I'll give Kill another listen if you do the same with Gore Obsessed
29.08.2008 - 02:34
mankvill
I wanna see their new DVD. Shit looks brutal!
11.09.2008 - 10:56
Abattoir
Staff
Hm, can anyone tell me, who has seen their new DVD, if it's worthed of buying it ? Because I would love to purchase some money for this one. I now that these DVD's contents a lot of staff.
11.09.2008 - 18:23
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
I'm not a huge fan of CC but I do like a few select songs. Roots Bloody Roots, Stripped, Raped and Strangled, and Hammer Smashed Face. I like more than that but that's all I can think of right now. It's really early where I live.
04.11.2008 - 15:30
Frankenchrist
Written by Guest on 21.05.2008 at 23:48

Written by Anarchist on 02.05.2008 at 08:11

Anybody else agree that Cannibal Corpse's version of No Remorse is way better than the original by Metallica?

Ever notice bascially every band that covers Metallica does it better than Metallica?
Or is that just me? o.o

it just you.
----
Blat Blat
04.11.2008 - 22:56
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
It's because Metallica sucks.
05.11.2008 - 13:39
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Bitter Peace on 10.08.2008 at 06:47

Cannibal Corpse.. I don't like the music so much anymore, I just got bored with them because they've been doing the same exact thing their entire career. But man, Cannibal Corpse is seriously one of the best bands to see live. George Fisher has an insane voice.

Totally agree. Some times I get bored listening to CC. They have some great songs but from what I've heard till now no great albums! But on the stage they are terrific!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!