Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
14.08.2006 - 12:11
Constantinos
One the best power metal bands ever. Excellent vocals, supreme guitars, lyrics full of meaning. I expect for their next album
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
27.08.2006 - 06:44
Hybris
I have just discovered their music with "When the lights are down" and "Karma"... I like them! I will continue listening other songs ^^'
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
27.08.2006 - 07:54
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Hybris on 27.08.2006 at 06:44

I have just discovered their music with "When the lights are down" and "Karma"... I like them! I will continue listening other songs ^^'

I recommend you their album "Epica", I think it's still the best Kamelot album ever and it's very suitable for ones who hav­e just been into Kamelot music like you
27.08.2006 - 10:10
FOOCK Nam
I have that one, I like the second track and the song The Wanderer, track number 16, maybe. This band is too melodic and the special point is that they are US band playing Europe melodic power metal
27.08.2006 - 10:31
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.08.2006 at 10:10

I have that one, I like the second track and the song The Wanderer, track number 16, maybe.

Actually, the song you mentioned is named 'Wander', track 6 of the album
27.08.2006 - 10:40
FOOCK Nam
aha that song is melodic as a ballad
03.09.2006 - 11:19
ROCKMASTER
Account deleted
my favourite power metal band ever
03.09.2006 - 20:38
Remus
Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 01:28

why are they called 'metal'?
Well, maybe because they are metal, prog/power metal btw
I wanted to ask you something : have you really heard their stuff or just The Haunted ? Get Karma and listen to it ; if you think, they're commercial, get new ears. Epica and The Black Halo are not the same as Karma, but they're great anyway and not commercial. If you like videos, get the March of Mephisto and listen to the all album. Maybe you'll understand.

At the time of posting i had the black halo album on my computer!But i liked it so much i went out and bought it('did my part for da band). I said they were comercial 'cause my dad likes them and he is a Demis Rusos listening emo! But that doesn't matter, along wit iced earth Kamelot are my favourite pwr band! Can't wait for da new albuM
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
29.09.2006 - 19:02
Imraghil
kamelot is my favorite band, the music they make is suprime!
29.09.2006 - 20:48
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I love Kamelot, my fav power metal band, my fav album by them is Karma, hopefully i will be seeing them next march.
07.10.2006 - 21:35
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Wow, what a show last night!!! Kamelot really impressed me, probably in the top 5 shows I've ever seen. I knew they'd kick ass but they really went above and beyond. I was especially impressed with Roy's live vocals, just as powerful as the CDs at times (and he has amazing stage presence, I had heard he was pretty shy but that wasn't the case last night). Casey is quite the showman behind the drums (twirling his sticks nearly every other beat) and Thomas commanded the audience with his shredding. It was one of the few shows that I did NOT want to end!! Usually I get tired of standing and being pushed and shoved and stepped on but for Kamelot it was worth it

Their new keyboardist really proved himself too. He played a huge solo part way through that really got the crowd going. At first we were all like "who the hell is that" but by the end he was getting nearly the most cheers Casey also did a HUGE solo, it was fantastic and like nothing I've ever seen!! I got to meet him afterwards (yay, swoon) and he's super nice That man makes me want to play drums in a serious way.

If Kamelot comes to your town, DON'T MISS IT!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
09.10.2006 - 06:32
MetalSpider
I missed Kamelot when they came in September.

I guess I'll have to wait until next time.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
09.10.2006 - 17:46
WindMyth
Account deleted
I just have the album "Epica", is totally perfect, that band is excellent, not much to say.
13.10.2006 - 13:29
Vidrageon
Account deleted
One the best power metal bands ever. Excellent vocals, supreme guitars, lyrics full of meaning. I expect for their next album to be even greater than their last....and The Black Halo > Epica, even if it pains me to say that, as Epica is brilliant.
10.11.2006 - 05:36
Lorien
Account deleted
One of the rare metal bands not singing only about dragons and fairytales
They are in tops of my bandlist!
Kamelot and Epica are the best albums so far tho "The black halo" isn't bad
Can't wait the new DVD and seeing them live in April
11.11.2006 - 12:53
Etaín
6th of April in Antwerp ... i am so there!

Their show last year was just amazing, no doubt it'll be great this time too.
11.11.2006 - 13:11
Lorien
Account deleted
I'm very curious about the setlist... I hope they'll play "Wander"
And too bad they're not going with Epica on tour, I'd like to hear Haunting live (with Simoneeeee)
11.11.2006 - 14:53
Etaín
I heard they changed their setlists quite a lot over the last tour, so it was always different. They didnt play Wander last time, but we did get to hear the full Elizabeth trilogy. That was a nice surprise

Nop, no Epica. But Leaves' Eyes this time. Great, cuz i love them too I dont think they'll get Liv up to do Simone's part. Might be cool though, who knows
11.11.2006 - 14:56
Lorien
Account deleted
I'm not really sure how's that going to sound o,O

I hope they'll play Wander and Snow
But we'll see that soon (ha! for 5 months), won't we
28.11.2006 - 02:25
Amrott
so i'm still waiting for the "one cold winter's night" to drop in my mail box

anyone already got their hands on it? is it as great as i hope it is?
28.11.2006 - 09:55
Etaín
I ordered it last Thursday (2dvd+2cd lim edition digipak ^^), waiting for it to arrive as well. Preview on their site looks so great
01.12.2006 - 21:23
Amrott
okay yeterday i got my copy of Kamleot Amazing DVD, and i must say, i have never seen a band go that far in putting up a show!!

i'll only ruin it if start telling what the had in the show, ever Kamelot fan should pick up a copy, it's awesome!
02.12.2006 - 00:47
Etaín
Got my copy today too. Ive only checked some of the songs already fast, i'll watch it completely tomorrow. But it seems great tho And i love the tiny poster that came with it
02.12.2006 - 10:55
Amrott
heh you got a poster with it?! damn i guess they don't give them out here. i didn't get one noooo
02.12.2006 - 15:53
Etaín
Did you get the didipack?
02.12.2006 - 16:29
Amrott
ah i see, the poster comes with the 2 DVD/CD version right?

i got the 2 DVD only version, now i regret it. it is still an awesome set, maybe i'll go crazy and get it too lol
13.12.2006 - 08:48
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I just learned this yesterday: everyone get out your copy of The Black Halo. Press play on the but then immediately hit the rewind button (go about a minute back). There is actually a hidden track at the BEGINNING of the album. It's not a song, just a little "intro" dialogue thingy where 2 people are walking into a theatre late to see Kamelot play; once they get in you hear a typical orchestral warm-up/tuning. Geez, who thinks to look at the BEGINNING for a hidden track? How funny
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
13.12.2006 - 11:43
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
My friend has my cd, im getting it back off him tomorrow so i can check! Thanks for the info Lyr!
14.12.2006 - 21:25
Bitch Boy
@ Lyrinan: amazing!! How did you discover that??
14.12.2006 - 23:48
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Bitch Boy on 14.12.2006 at 21:25

@ Lyrinan: amazing!! How did you discover that??

I was randomly reading a review somewhere else online where the author mentioned it! I immediately stopped what I was doing to go listen It's such a silly thing but fun to find!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"