Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
15.12.2006 - 00:01
Bitch Boy
@ Lyrinan: Well, thank you First I couldn't do such a thing but after a few tries I could.
04.01.2007 - 12:12
Bash'
:)
cool band

I like Epica more than The Black Halo .. but all are good .. Khan's vox are really amazing and distinguished ...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
09.01.2007 - 13:42
Roblar
Account deleted
A really good band, great singer aswell! even tough he's Norwegian hehe!!
have always wanted to see them live, but they never play anywhere close
13.01.2007 - 01:25
wings of icarus
Account deleted
Great band
center of the universe is awsome song
Black halo is best album from kamelot
13.01.2007 - 01:35
DarkMistress
has anyone here watched the new dvd? i´m looking forward to get it (though, stupid amazon takes a long time to get the package ¬¬)

@Larsson: They´ll be playing in Sweden Göteborg. 01/05/07 and Stockholm 02/05/07 with Leave´s´eyes like support band
http://www.kamelot.com/tourinfo_es_mephisto.htm check it
----
Wait in fire
15.01.2007 - 03:46
Angra Fan
Account deleted
I own their 2 latest albums and my favorite is Epica. The Black Halo is good but is more melhancolic which is not something I look for in music
15.01.2007 - 11:16
Larsson!
Account deleted
@shadowlady: thanks Im absolutely gonna go and see them there then! just have to get someone to come with me since all my friends hate metal
15.01.2007 - 20:19
DarkMistress
@Larsson: all your friends hate metal????? you´ll find someone i´m sure,where would you go Göteborg or Stockholm?
----
Wait in fire
16.01.2007 - 23:02
MetalSpider
I'll probably go see them in September.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.01.2007 - 09:10
Larsson!
Account deleted
@Shadowlady: yeah, all my friends hate metal If I'm gonna see them it's in Göteborg..
17.01.2007 - 18:33
DarkMistress
@Larsson: unbelievable, poor you, at least you will see them
----
Wait in fire
17.01.2007 - 18:38
Larsson!
Account deleted
yeah, but were I live its popular to listen to trance, techno and hiphop and shit like that :O the only one that i know that listens to metal is my girlfriend, but she hates power metal and specially kamelot but if no one come with me im gonna go lonely haha!
18.01.2007 - 03:14
DarkMistress
good luck here is the same, though i have a couple of friends whom like metal, they have a band :p
----
Wait in fire
18.01.2007 - 09:18
Larsson!
Account deleted
thanks okey, that's nice
31.01.2007 - 16:30
Stormheart
Account deleted
Great band.I think the best album is The Fourth Legacy.
01.02.2007 - 01:57
Roy Khan
Account deleted
Something unusual, the band which can fulfill everyone's needs. I cannot wait to see that on April 14 in Belgrade.
To simplify it revives you. Each album got its purpose and there is no sense to compare previous albums because they've come from different times but surely the last one shows that the band have reached its peak and now they sound as a very mature and respectful band.
01.02.2007 - 19:40
Pinnocio
Account deleted
wait wait wait.... Kamelot is to be considered a Power Metal band?!?! I thought they're Symphonic Metal or Melodic Metal, damn there are so many metal "genres"...

So that's Power metal?

And hey mates, Pinnocio here, Yoav Efron from Israel. Pleased to meet you all
01.02.2007 - 19:41
Pinnocio
Account deleted
oh and Karma is in my top 10 albums!

Cheers,
Pinnocio
02.02.2007 - 20:54
DreamWeaver
Elite
Well, greetings Pinnocio and welcome to MS. Yeah, Kamelot is actually considered Power Metal, but there aren't as many metal genres as you think. "Symphonic Metal" is actually a sub-genre, mainly because in addition to their regular music, bands like to add Symphonic elements, there can be many "Symphonic Bands" with almost nothing in common between them, just the symphonic parts. Ex: Haggard, Dol Ammad and Vision Of Atlantis.
----
03.02.2007 - 00:33
Hybris
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 07:54

I recommend you their album "Epica", I think it's still the best Kamelot album ever and it's very suitable for ones who hav­e just been into Kamelot music like you

Thank you for recommend me Epica, now I love this album too (apart from The black halo) ^^ very good band,
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
08.02.2007 - 15:49
Nixx
Account deleted
anyone going to the Consert in Rockefeller, Oslo 19th of May?

going to be awesome ^-^
29.03.2007 - 23:02
Philaenas
Account deleted
I have really come to like this band very much. Started with the newer material, which is just top notch . Epica, Karma and The Black Halo are real masterpieces!
02.04.2007 - 22:43
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I have been listening to their Epica and The Black Halo albums today... and I thought: shouldn't their style be called Prog Power Metal or even Power Prog Metal? They do really sound like prog metal.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
22.04.2007 - 09:36
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
So, what's the new material like? I'm actually afraid to listen Kamelot used to be one of my favourite bands (Fourth Legacy-era especially) but now that they're hugely famous I'm afraid for their music for some reason.

I also gotta say, these guys put on an amazing show regardless of what you think of the last few albums. Probably one of the top 5 concerts I've been to!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
03.05.2007 - 15:04
Constantinos
I downloaded the new album from http:://smetal.blogspot.com. It is fucking great. New sound, full of new and varied elements, I couldn't expect nothing less than that!!!
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
04.05.2007 - 15:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like all of their albums, but Karma is my favorite...
They are especially good live band so if anyone get chance to see them, don't let it go...
New DVD will be released soon so...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.05.2007 - 15:50
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 02.04.2007 at 22:43

I have been listening to their Epica and The Black Halo albums today... and I thought: shouldn't their style be called Prog Power Metal or even Power Prog Metal? They do really sound like prog metal.

They describe themselves as: "Progressive/symphonic/power-metal"
04.05.2007 - 15:54
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 22.04.2007 at 09:36

So, what's the new material like? I'm actually afraid to listen Kamelot used to be one of my favourite bands (Fourth Legacy-era especially) but now that they're hugely famous I'm afraid for their music for some reason.

I also gotta say, these guys put on an amazing show regardless of what you think of the last few albums. Probably one of the top 5 concerts I've been to!

well, I don't know what you like, but they sound more "symphonic" now then ever before, without losing the "edge" in Power-Metal
I've heard their newest album (Ghost Opera, shame on me!), and I most say I got the shivers.
I can't say things like "if you loved "TBH" you'll love "GO", 'cos, it's so much variety in their new album when it comes to sound and performance, (the only "repetative thing that will make people recognize the album is the "symphonic opera" sound, no, I dont mean "symphonic opera" as in a big fat lady shrieking, I don't know how to describe it, it's very atmospheric atleast, guess that's the best way to describe it <_<).

If you're a Kamelot fan, I believe you'll love it, this is also possibly the greatest album if you think about Khan, he really pushes his voice to the limits here.
(and I warn you all, this album is going to be a blast! already been nominated "Album of the Month" by several magazines).
09.05.2007 - 07:05
MetalSpider
I heard the new album and I love it. It sounds different then all of their other albums. It does sound more symphonic thats for sure. The only downside is that the guitar work (on most songs) is not as good as Black Halo, but they make up for it with the symphonic elements and Khan's always kick ass vocals.

I dont think everyone will like it. Most Kamelot fans will like it a lot...at least I think they will. I know I love it.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
09.05.2007 - 07:14
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've heard some songs of the album, and I liked them, but imo, they're not that great. Maybe I should give them a second try...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica