Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
24.08.2006 - 20:00
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
25.08.2006 - 05:37
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Anyone here heard of Darkest Hour? I think they're out of the DC area. They've got the hardcore vocals...but everything else is pure melodic death metal. They even recorded at the same place Soilwork did [can't remember it off the top of my head]. But yeah, their latest album [Undoing Ruin] is their best and most melodic IMO.

Check out:

Tranquil
With a Thousand Words to Say but One
Convalescence
Pathos
Ethos
25.08.2006 - 05:59
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.08.2006 at 05:37

Anyone here heard of Darkest Hour? I think they're out of the DC area. They've got the hardcore vocals...but everything else is pure melodic death metal. They even recorded at the same place Soilwork did [can't remember it off the top of my head]. But yeah, their latest album [Undoing Ruin] is their best and most melodic IMO.

Check out:

Tranquil
With a Thousand Words to Say but One
Convalescence
Pathos
Ethos

i have, they arent bad at all...
25.08.2006 - 16:51
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
But they don't have any place in this thread...
31.08.2006 - 00:47
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Some great news:

Melodic thashers A Lower Deep will head into the studio in September to begin recording their 4th album. The band is very pleased to announce that James Murphy (Death, Testament, Obituary) and Chaz Najjer (formerly of Morrisound- Iced Earth, Circle II Circle, Demons & Wizards, etc.), for Safehouse Recordings in Tampa, Florida will be mastering, producing and mixing the new album!

A Lower Deep has previously released their initial demo in 2002, Parable of the Thorn in 2003, and Trinity in 2005. Trinity was highly acclaimed, receiving Best of 2005 honors from many magazines around the world.

Keep an eye on the site www.alowerdeep.com for studio updates. The new album is schedule to be available in early 2007.

Source: http://www.alowerdeep.com
31.08.2006 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.08.2006 at 05:59

Written by Guest on 25.08.2006 at 05:37

Check out:

Pathos
Ethos

i have, they arent bad at all...

WTF are this that sound sgreek, not metal band and I dunno such a bands

Does someone had hera band Salems Witch and albun ''Betrayer Of Kings'' Its great, just I will listen it soem days realy great album and specely cover
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2006 - 22:24
Hellish Star
-Pathos? Aren't they from Sweden? Awesome band by the way...

-@ venom: A Lower Deep is a fantastic band. Can't wait for a new release.

-Riot will release a new album in october!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
01.09.2006 - 01:50
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Hellis Star: Pahos = Sweden home, but as you said great fuckin' band, you wouldn't say they are from Europe , about A Lower Deep: they were an unexpected thrill, but the best band I've heard lately is Machine Called Man, they are just awsome, too bad they don't seem to be given any credit.

Now about Riot i think they kind of stink lately (except "Restless Breed" & "Thundersteel" I didn't find them so great, althugh I think I'll probably get their album )
01.09.2006 - 10:02
Lord Elden
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 31.08.2006 at 12:30
Does someone had hera band Salems Witch and albun ''Betrayer Of Kings'' Its great, just I will listen it soem days realy great album and specely cover

Yeah, I have it.
01.09.2006 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.09.2006 at 10:02

Written by Bad English on 31.08.2006 at 12:30

Yeah, I have it.

So you like it, its great album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2006 - 18:17
Hellish Star
I bought two Tourniquet albums today and I was lucky finding the two Blessed Death on 1 disc for only 7 euro!
----

02.09.2006 - 06:49
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Which Tourniquet albums, I have "Where Moth and Rust Destroy", "Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm" & "Stop the Bleeding", the one I like most is "Stop...", I haven't heard yet anything from the other albums though.
02.09.2006 - 10:23
Lord Elden
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.09.2006 at 13:41
So you like it, its great album

It's good. It's nothing I listen to very often though.

Written by Hellish Star on 01.09.2006 at 18:17
and I was lucky finding the two Blessed Death on 1 disc for only 7 euro!

I bought both the albums separately (both under the label Old Metal Records) for some time ago, both were around 12-13 EUR IIRC... They do have some bonus tracks though but I think they were only the demos.
02.09.2006 - 11:00
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 02.09.2006 at 06:49

Which Tourniquet albums, I have "Where Moth and Rust Destroy", "Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm" & "Stop the Bleeding", the one I like most is "Stop...", I haven't heard yet anything from the other albums though.

I bought "Vanishing Lessons" and "Psychosurgery".

I own
-"STop the bleeding" (my favourite as well)
-Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
-Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm
-Where Moth And Rust Destroy

Still to buy:
-Acoustic Archives
-Crawl To China
-(EP) Carry The Wounded

About Imagika: new cd is ordered, I can't wait. It sounds very good (listened to it at a friend's place). They will play in my (ex)hometown in novembre!!!
----

02.09.2006 - 12:21
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I picked up a few albums at Wacken when i was in Europe, including Manilla Road's Out Of The Abyss and Spiral Castle. I also found a shirt (Atlantis Rising) and i had to buy it, also a Jag Panzer (Mechanised Warfare) shirt!
I now have 5 Manilla Road albums, i love this band. I cant find that album everyone recommends called The Deluge, where the fuck is it in this forsaken world!!!
02.09.2006 - 13:49
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Hellish Star: That album "Crawl to China" I want to buy, I have a friend who is really a big fan of them and he reccomends that album everytime we talk about them. Now I also ordered the Imagika album ("My Bloodied Wings"), actually I asked a friend who lives in Germany to get it for me.

@Dark Cornatus: too bad you can't find "The Deluge" that is one killer album.
05.09.2006 - 23:06
Hellish Star
@ venom: you can buy it on their official website...

2 new bands;
-DARK MIRROR (www.myspace.com/darkmirror)

-CRESENT (www.myspace.com/cresentband)

Another album I bought is the new WIND WRAITH, not bad ...
----

06.09.2006 - 19:56
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Anybody got the new Jon Oliva's Pain - "Maniacal Renderings"? And about the new Kingdom Come any news? (maybe they arent exactly supposed to be here)

@Hellish Star: I have the other Wind Wraith, I'll get the new one some time soon, I'll probably have more time after I finish this year exams in a week or two.
06.09.2006 - 20:54
Hellish Star
Here's a real killer: SHATTER MESSIAH. Awesome thrash with here and there some grunts. The singer is Greg Wagner (Archetype / Breaker). This is a must have for fans of Nevermore, Twelfth Gate, Metal Church, Exodus, ...
----

09.09.2006 - 23:59
Hellish Star
American power metal band VAINGLORY, fronted by vocalist Kate French (CHASTAIN) and featuring lead guitar virtuoso Corbin King, has signed a management deal with Desert Rock USA, who handles the management for CAGE.

VAINGLORY is currently shopping around their newly finished CD to labels worldwide for release in 2007.

Samples of three brand new songs ? "Burdened", "My Living Hell" and "Walking Dead" ? from the upcoming CD can be heard at the new official VANGLORY web site and at their MySpace page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFTH ANGEL Members Discuss Early Years, Possibility Of Reunion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEFIANCE To Begin Recording New Album Next Week - Sep. 9, 2006

Reunited Oakland, California thrashers DEFIANCE, best known for their seminal late '80s/early '90s Roadrunner releases "Void Terra Firma" and "Beyond Recognition", have posted the following message on their official web site:

"We have been hard at work writing new material and preparing to head into the studio. The date is now set for September 15th to enter Trident Studios in Concord, CA with producer Juan Urteaga (EXODUS, SKINLAB, VILE) to start laying down tracks for our first album in over 10 years!
----

10.09.2006 - 01:39
MetalSpider
Written by Hellish Star on 06.09.2006 at 20:54

Here's a real killer: SHATTER MESSIAH. Awesome thrash with here and there some grunts. The singer is Greg Wagner (Archetype / Breaker). This is a must have for fans of Nevermore, Twelfth Gate, Metal Church, Exodus, ...

Shattered Messiah sounds great (like I said in the other thread). I also checked out Twelfth Gate and that was quite impressive! Oh and as you can see, Im already a Nevermore fan . Communic, a band which I really didnt like at first, I now find awesome. They are like Nevermore but somewhat softer and not as technical, however they write some excellent songs, and the vocalist/guitarist is very talented. I just cant wait until they create a new album.

Machine called Man is also very good (from the 2 songs that Ive heard). I also heard a bit of Pathos and I liked it. Lots to listen to!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.09.2006 - 20:07
Hellish Star
@ metal spider: also try TAUNTED and EDEN'S FALL, you will like them as well...
----

12.09.2006 - 18:15
Hellish Star
MYTHIASIN Guitarist Offers Another Recording Update - Sep. 12, 2006

Guitarist Mark Coglan of MYTHIASIN, the band fronted by former STEEL PROPHET vocalist Rick Mythiasin, has posted the following message on the group's forum regarding the progress of the recording sessions for the band's debut album:

"Almost finished up the guitars and bass for 'Punishment Overdue' (which is one of the sound files if you want to hear it) and 'Grey Skies'. 'Grey Skies' is a faster song although not particularly heavy. I have also been working on 'Origins', which is a cheerful little number about serial killing. Very fast, very mean. I have the heavy bits done with 'Lost Voice in a Crowd' (also on the sounds page) but I am not happy with the solo yet."

To check out demo versions of the tracks "The Future is the End", "Punishment Overdue" and "Lost Voice in a Crowd", go to this location. Other songtitles set to appear on the CD include "The Truth", "Coming Home", "Tell Tale Heart" and "The Gathering of Five".
----

12.09.2006 - 18:41
peavy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 19:56

Anybody got the new Jon Oliva's Pain - "Maniacal Renderings"?

I have it. Very similar to the previous one and to Savatage too. But it rules!! One hell of an album from this great musician!!
12.09.2006 - 20:38
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 12.09.2006 at 18:41

Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 19:56

Anybody got the new Jon Oliva's Pain - "Maniacal Renderings"?

I have it. Very similar to the previous one and to Savatage too. But it rules!! One hell of an album from this great musician!!

That's right, some songs are like the 'old' Savatage. The best Jon Oliva did in many years....
----

13.09.2006 - 01:52
peavy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.09.2006 at 13:49

@Hellish Star: That album "Crawl to China" I want to buy, I have a friend who is really a big fan of them and he reccomends that album everytime we talk about them. Now I also ordered the Imagika album ("My Bloodied Wings"), actually I asked a friend who lives in Germany to get it for me.

That "Crawl To China" is a weird album. A bit like Vanishing Lessons. Some kind of modern groove metal... nothing like the first 3 albums or the ones that followed it. A nice addition to every fan's collection though...
13.09.2006 - 10:31
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Check this link for a gread DVD release: http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=7&id=11090 It just got on my to get list!
13.09.2006 - 10:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Beyond Fear is a pretty cool band.
----
13.09.2006 - 23:50
Hellish Star
California's traditional melodic metal band CRESCENT SHIELD, which features which features the talents of former DESTINY'S END guitarist Dan DeLucie and former ONWARD vocalist Michael Grant, has posted the cover artwork for its upcoming debut album, entitled "The Last of My Kind", at this location. A full-length MP3 of the album's title cut can be downloaded here.

"The Last of My Kind" is scheduled for release late October via Cruz Del Sur Music. The track listing is as follows:

"The Last of My Kind" track listing:

01. Above Mere Mortals
02. Slaves to the Metal Horde
03. Rise of the Red Crescent Moon
04. Burn with Life
05. The Last of my Kind
06. North for the Winter
07. The Path Once Chosen
08. The Great Devoid
09. Unfinished Ashes
10. Await the Champion
11. The Passing

Check out more audio samples at this location.

CRESCENT SHIELD's lineup is completed by drummer Craig Anderson (ex-IGNITE, ENGINE) and bassist Melanie Sisneros (ex-NEW EDEN, THE IRON MAIDENS, SINERGY), two veterans of the Los Angeles music scene.
----

16.09.2006 - 03:18
peavy
Account deleted
I've just gotten hold of the new Vicious Rumors album "Warball" and what an album it is!!! I'm listening to it right now and damn, does it rule!!! Definitely one of the highlights in US metal this year along with Obsession's "Carnival of Lies" and Killing Machine's "Metalmorphosis".

I knew it was going to be different from the last albums now that James "God" Rivera has join in. It's a masterpiece!!! Gone is the groovier style of riffing in favour for straight forward classic US power metal!! The solos are superb and James is fantastic!!! One of my favorite vocalists ever with a unique voice!! On bass we have Dave Starr and on drums Larry Howe, both also in Chastain and they do an excellent job!

Highly recommended to every US power metal fan!!