Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
05.07.2007 - 16:26
villain
Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 15:37

Man they RULE BIG TIME...my fav album is In The Nightshade Eclipse

First get the name of the album right
Moron
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
06.07.2007 - 21:53
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by Ernis on 30.06.2007 at 23:49

Written by heresiarch on 30.06.2007 at 23:46

Darkness fell upon Helsinki , EMPEROR came to the town and godamn it was murderous

Did they play "Decrystallizing Reason"? I would like to see Emperor one day...too bad I didn't have the means to come but I hope Emperor will perform more....
No they did not

Here is an official setlist 30.6 2007

1 Into the infinity of thoughts/The burning shadows of silence/Cosmic keys
to my creations and times (medley)
2 Thus spake the nightspirit
3 An elegy of Icaros
4 Curse you all men
5 With strength I burn
6 Towards the Pantheon
7 The majesty of the nightsky
8 The loss and curse of reverence
9 In the wordless chamber
10 Inno A Satana
11 Beginning of Opus a satana (from tape)
encore
12 I Am the black wizards
13 Ye entranceperium
14 final of Opus a satana ( from tape)

Exe "fucking" llent
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
06.07.2007 - 22:08
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 15:37

Man they RULE BIG TIME...my fav album is In The Nightshade Eclipse

It's not as good as suffocation's "Mankind Waste"
09.07.2007 - 04:13
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh.. this is (I think) exactly what they did at Hellfest (unfortunately a much shorter set to what they played in London although it was still amazing!):

Into The Infinity Of Thoughts
Thus Spake The Nightspirit
An Elegy Of Icaros
Curse You All Men
With Strength I Burn
The Majesty Of The Nightsky
The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
In The Wordless Chamber
Inno A Satana

--

I Am The Black Wizards
Ye Entrancemperium
09.07.2007 - 11:25
natassja
Account deleted
they've been maybe the first black metal band I listened to..and I fell in love with them:love:
10.07.2007 - 22:31
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Best Emperor video in Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSJTkf5814Q

Excellent stuff
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.07.2007 - 00:10
Cassandra
Account deleted
first black metal i ever heard, i have an emperor tattoo as well.... i got after seeing them for the first time... best live band i have ever seen. fucking amazing.
28.07.2007 - 02:15
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
MetalKult.com has posted a new video interview with Ihsahn in which the Norwegian black metal singer/guitarist talks about a range of topics, including the motivation behind his group's early diabolical image, his feelings on Emperor guitarist Samoth and ex-drummer Faust's incarcerations and how he managed to avoid trouble in Norway's treacherous Nineties black metal scene. You can watch it here (source http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/).
28.07.2007 - 14:50
natassja
Account deleted
I love Emperor,one of the first black metal bands I listened to.
so..my favourite album is In the Nightside Eclipse.
When I listened it for the first time I said something like 'fuck,is it possible all this?!' and my face had this expression:
But now..
Did u know that they will public a box set with ALL THEIR GREATEST ALBUM?
ehm..this is a shit,guys.
This is fucking commercial.
I have no words ..
28.07.2007 - 18:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 28.07.2007 at 14:50

When I listened it for the first time I said something like 'fuck,is it possible all this?!' and my face had this expression:
But now..
I have no words ..

I think you must have issues with bands that are popular and a little commercial..
even in your profile you say you hate anyone that likes Cradle Of Filth or Dimmu Borgir.. hahaha
come on.. I really dont like the new Cradle Of Filth stuff but the older stuff is still enjoyable, and Dimmu Borgir are still enjoyable these days..

even if Emperor may release some kind of compilation of albums or whatever - all you need to know is that the band themselves always put all of their heart into their music and wasn't influenced by any commercial aspects..
28.07.2007 - 19:32
natassja
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.07.2007 at 18:51

Written by Guest on 28.07.2007 at 14:50

But now..
I have no words ..

I think you must have issues with bands that are popular and a little commercial..
even in your profile you say you hate anyone that likes Cradle Of Filth or Dimmu Borgir.. hahaha
come on.. I really dont like the new Cradle Of Filth stuff but the older stuff is still enjoyable, and Dimmu Borgir are still enjoyable these days..

even if Emperor may release some kind of compilation of albums or whatever - all you need to know is that the band themselves always put all of their heart into their music and wasn't influenced by any commercial aspects..

this is the point.if you like what you are doing and you put all of your heart into your music,who likes all that,is less than all fans you'd take with a box set..I don't know if you understood.
What I'm really trying to say is that,with this choice they'll have much money that just doing what they like.then it becomes just a question of money and not a passion..
and,believe me,I know musicians who work every fuking day and they are famous the same,but they aren't commercial.
and this is 'cause work is work and passion is passion.passion and work can't be the same thing.
anyway..cradle of shit and dimmu borgia(who is italian can understand this change of word!)aren't just commercial..they are poser.(maybe dimmu borgir little less than that little cunt)
28.07.2007 - 19:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 28.07.2007 at 19:32

this is the point.if you like what you are doing and you put all of your heart into your music,who likes all that,is less than all fans you'd take with a box set..I don't know if you understood.
What I'm really trying to say is that,with this choice they'll have much money that just doing what they like.then it becomes just a question of money and not a passion..
and,believe me,I know musicians who work every fuking day and they are famous the same,but they aren't commercial.
and this is 'cause work is work and passion is passion.passion and work can't be the same thing.
anyway..cradle of shit and dimmu borgia(who is italian can understand this change of word!)aren't just commercial..they are poser.(maybe dimmu borgir little less than that little cunt)

haha, well Cradle Of Filth aren't calling themselves black metal at all.. so they can't be "posing" as a black metal band..

but anyway.. Emperor's passion went into them albums, it is all there and they did a fantastic job with all of the albums. what is so wrong about making a little more money out of them? they deserve more money much more than some other bands...
just think of them getting money as their reward for entertaining you for four albums worth of material, their passion is all locked in them nice and safe
20.10.2007 - 02:28
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Finally got In The Nightside Eclipse (limited rerelease) and frankly I think that songs that appear on both InTheNightsideEclipse and Emperor EP sound better on the latter, for their raw organic sound, sound of In The Nightside Eclipse could have been little less bombastic, imo it would have been better that way. Or maybe I just need some time for the sound on In The Nightside Eclipe to grow on me. Otherwise it's still a very good release though at the moment I prefer their other releases (except IX Equilibrium). Still hope that my opinion'll change and the album manages to grow a little on me, as it's often hailed as their best album (though I'll doubt it would top Prometheus for me).
20.10.2007 - 03:22
Sonsofsabbath
I first heard emperor 4 years ago. I can listen to their music in small doses, Otherwise it is too overwhelming. I prefer Immortals brand of black metal. I think emperor are overrated, they are mighty but are not the . leaders in the genre .
20.10.2007 - 03:33
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I love Emperor, for all their albums sound different, they had good lyrics, great conception, their music was intelligent and sophisticated. Just have to give In The Nightside Eclipse some time, as I've had to do with all of their albums.
21.10.2007 - 20:54
villain
dude, In the Nightside Eclipse is the best Emperor ever made. What I cannot undeurstand is how people complain about the sound quality of this album. I think its perfect as there is a balance between the raw and the melodic elements. It is the grandest of them all.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
21.10.2007 - 22:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by villain on 21.10.2007 at 20:54

dude, In the Nightside Eclipse is the best Emperor ever made. What I cannot undeurstand is how people complain about the sound quality of this album. I think its perfect as there is a balance between the raw and the melodic elements. It is the grandest of them all.

I agree that sound are unique studio CD are so great dunno live, but studio album awsome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2007 - 14:05
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Actually I prefer the sound quality of Wrath of The Tyrant/Emperor , anyway maybe I just need some time to get used to In The Nightside Eclipse's sound, haven't managed to listen to it that much really.
27.10.2007 - 14:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
can anyone give me the names of emperor's better songs - for a new-to-emperor person
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.10.2007 - 18:17
RavenLord
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 27.10.2007 at 14:53

can anyone give me the names of emperor's better songs - for a new-to-emperor person

Well, their sound varies over all the albums, but I'd go for...

Inno A Satana
Towards The Pantheon
I Am The Black Wizards
Ensorcelled By Khaos
The Acclamation of Bonds
The Wanderer
Curse You All Men!
Decrystallising Reason
The Eruption
In The Wordless Chamber

Album wise, I'd start with either 'Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk' or 'Prometheus - The Discipline Of Fire And Demise'.
----
01.11.2007 - 20:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by RavenLord on 27.10.2007 at 18:17

Inno A Satana
Towards The Pantheon
I Am The Black Wizards
Ensorcelled By Khaos
The Acclamation of Bonds
The Wanderer
Curse You All Men!
Decrystallising Reason
The Eruption
In The Wordless Chamber

Album wise, I'd start with either 'Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk' or 'Prometheus - The Discipline Of Fire And Demise'.

I'd agree with that list, although i'd add "The Oath/Ye Entrancemperium" ... i love the calm but eerie build up before all hell breaks loose.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.11.2007 - 22:13
Baz Anderson
Staff
my list would be very different to that - I suppose nearly every Emperor song is a good one though
15.11.2007 - 07:58
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Im very glad to see emperor are touring again, its good for not just black metal, but metal as a whole. They are three metal gods, Ihsahn, Samoth, Trym. I hope one day they will release a new album, but i wont hold my breath for it. I wonder what may have happened had they not split up origionally, because Promethians was heading in a really interesting direction. Oh well, we will never know.
16.11.2007 - 01:13
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 01.11.2007 at 20:03

Written by RavenLord on 27.10.2007 at 18:17

Inno A Satana
Towards The Pantheon
I Am The Black Wizards
Ensorcelled By Khaos
The Acclamation of Bonds
The Wanderer
Curse You All Men!
Decrystallising Reason
The Eruption
In The Wordless Chamber

I'd agree with that list, although i'd add "The Oath/Ye Entrancemperium" ... i love the calm but eerie build up before all hell breaks loose.

"O'Nightspirit!
I am at one with thee.
I am the eternal power.
I am the Emperor."

One of my favorite Emperor moments.:drool:
16.11.2007 - 22:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 16.11.2007 at 01:13

"O'Nightspirit!
I am at one with thee.
I am the eternal power.
I am the Emperor."

One of my favorite Emperor moments.:drool:

It just can't get more epic than that!
----
18.01.2008 - 05:10
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
It has just been posted on the official Abigail Williams myspace, that Trym will be performing drums on their untitled upcoming album. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=207614&blogID=348572445 Read there for more information.
18.01.2008 - 15:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
So there will be a new album? (Am I slow)?
----
18.01.2008 - 16:05
FOOCK Nam
I own Anthem To Welkin At Dusk, I must say that the recording quality is not so good. The vocal sounding seems not be able to hear because the sound of music/melody is too louding that make the vocal dull.Though in that album I love the instrumental track The Wanderer. I have their video with no names, I guess its Empty. And that video sounds better than the sound in Anthem To Welkin At Dusk.
18.01.2008 - 16:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by FOOCK Nam on 18.01.2008 at 16:05

I own Anthem To Welkin At Dusk, I must say that the recording quality is not so good. The vocal sounding seems not be able to hear because the sound of music/melody is too louding that make the vocal dull.Though in that album I love the instrumental track The Wanderer. I have their video with no names, I guess its Empty. And that video sounds better than the sound in Anthem To Welkin At Dusk.

You really think so? I've always found the sound of that album to be great and very majestic.
----
18.01.2008 - 16:39
FOOCK Nam
@Warman: no problem with music and other components of the album, Im just not familiar with the recording sound. I feel the vocal sound is like sinking in the music sound. Otherwise, it is still great album.