Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
18.01.2008 - 19:00
mankvill
If I've only heard In The Nightside Eclipse; but I really liked it, what would you recommend for me to listen to next?
18.01.2008 - 19:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk, I presume most people would say.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.01.2008 - 22:19
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 15:44

So there will be a new album? (Am I slow)?

No, the band Abigail Williams is going to have Trym play on their new album.
18.01.2008 - 22:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 22:19

Haha okay... I am slow...
----
18.01.2008 - 22:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by mankvill on 18.01.2008 at 19:00

If I've only heard In The Nightside Eclipse; but I really liked it, what would you recommend for me to listen to next?

The one and only Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.
----
19.01.2008 - 14:13
rageing atheist
Account deleted

You should try Wrath of the Tyrant with Emperor ep. Though many people say that the production is horrible, imo the production's really good, better than on any other Emperor release.

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk and Prometheus are also very good, but they'll probably harder to get into than Wrath of the Tyrant/Emperor.

IX-Equilibrium is often regarded as their worst work, I still like it though, it's their most straightforward sounding release, with strong death and thrash influences,.
19.01.2008 - 18:42
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Emeperor, one of my favorite bands, hails to them. They made great music, more complex than most BM these days. I have Anthems of the Welkin at Dusk and what a fucking killer album. All the songs are epic and contain great passages. I have to say that one of my favorite songs form them is I Am The Black Wizards, sends me chills
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
24.01.2008 - 00:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Visioneerie on 19.01.2008 at 18:42

Emeperor, one of my favorite bands, hails to them. They made great music, more complex than most BM these days. I have Anthems of the Welkin at Dusk and what a fucking killer album. All the songs are epic and contain great passages. I have to say that one of my favorite songs form them is I Am The Black Wizards, sends me chills

Totaly agree and IMO hat song are best lyricaly and also good are 'Kosmic Keys to my Creatures And Times'
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2008 - 05:18
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 22:34

The one and only Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.

He speaks the truth, Anthems is one of the greatest metal albums.
26.01.2008 - 16:37
SynthFreak
Account deleted
I wuld reccomend Emperor fans to check out Diabolical Breed. they are great
30.01.2008 - 20:50
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
Emperor Are good =). But Its was a time ago they come with an album
01.02.2008 - 17:12
Number Juan
An excellent band. They are the band that keeps me on the lookout for symphonic black metal though I have never heard a band that was better in that style than them.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
03.02.2008 - 12:56
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Guest on 19.01.2008 at 14:13

You should try Wrath of the Tyrant with Emperor ep. Though many people say that the production is horrible, imo the production's really good, better than on any other Emperor release.

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk and Prometheus are also very good, but they'll probably harder to get into than Wrath of the Tyrant/Emperor.

IX-Equilibrium is often regarded as their worst work, I still like it though, it's their most straightforward sounding release, with strong death and thrash influences,.

I agree, "Wrath Of The Tyrants" is one of my favourites, I actually like their older work more than the newer stuff. "IX-Equilibrium" is one of my favourites actually, so after "Wrath.." I'd recommend that one.
03.02.2008 - 13:53
Stigma
Account deleted
They put an excellent show back in Tuska 2007. To show my support I bought their t-shirt, I still haven't got any albums though.
04.02.2008 - 00:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I like emperor alot. Ishan is an ingenious composer, I love how subtle and how layered the riffs are. It's like, it takes a few listens, but once you let it set into your system, it's amazing.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.02.2008 - 04:42
charless
Account deleted
In the nightslide eclipse is by far my favorite, i dont know how many times ive listened to inno a satana. but every album is brilliant in its own way and another good one to make sure you check out is the wrath of the tyrant demo. as for artwork id say IX equilibrium is my favorite.
18.02.2008 - 04:56
charless
Account deleted
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 27.10.2007 at 14:53

can anyone give me the names of emperor's better songs - for a new-to-emperor person

here are some great ones in my opinion and the albums they are from

Lord of the Storms - Wrath of the Tyrant
Night of the Graveless Souls - Wrath of the Tyrant
Inno A Satana - In The Nightside Eclipse
Iam the Black Wizards - In The Nightside Eclipse
Cosmic Keys To My Creations and Times - In The Nightside Eclipse
Into the Infinity of Thought - In the Nightside Eclipse
Ye Entrancemperium - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Thus Spake the Nightspirit - Anthems
The Loss and Curse of Reverence - Anthems
With Strength I Burn - Anthems
Sworn - IX Equilibrium
Curse You All Men - IX Equilibrium
Depraved - Prometheus
Tongue of Fire - Prometheus
In The Worldless Chamber - Prometheus
Opus A Satana - Reverence EP
20.02.2008 - 06:03
Xtopher
Account deleted
Emperor is definetly one of the best BM bands, and i think ihsahn did the right thing pulling the plug on it before it turned into something that should not be with the name Emperor and instead he did his solo work, that i think is pretty good, but nothing like emperor. two very different feelings, and music too.
22.02.2008 - 15:39
NOИ
Emperor was one of my favourite bands before some years, I like especially the IX Equilibrium album. they reunited only for live shows, and I was hoping to release a new album but nothing. Ihsanh's projects cannot compared with the good old Emperor, they are softer in sound!
22.04.2008 - 14:04
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I like it . great band and has good job , as u know it better in Ihsahn band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
15.10.2008 - 16:57
FOOCK Nam
Regarding, Anthems To Welkin At Dusk is excellent for music and vocal. But a bad point is that the production. The sound of vocal seems fading and sink besides among the sound of instruments. That's only negative point, otherwise, it is such a masterpiece of epic music. I love all songs, and mostly they have epic element. The instrumental song The Wanderer have been stuck in my head. Very magnetic song.
16.10.2008 - 00:00
SK921
Account deleted

Oh eww, Abigail Williams and Trym? Why would he play for a band as shitty as them?
20.10.2008 - 20:44
Khaldi
<<Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk>>(1997) is the great album
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
17.11.2008 - 22:52
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.10.2008 at 00:00

Oh eww, Abigail Williams and Trym? Why would he play for a band as shitty as them?

Why don't you ask him?
20.11.2008 - 23:21
enemy_within
Account deleted
As far as Symphonic Black Metal goes, these guys are superior. On the other hand, not too keen on their "progressive" elements they added in later albums.
30.11.2008 - 19:10
Sandarameth
Account deleted
At first time i heard them i didn't like Ihsahns vocal..but then, when i heard Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire And Demise i loved them..especially the 3th track-Empty..that song is his greatest work..naturlich))))
30.11.2008 - 23:48
Khaldi
Written by Guest on 30.11.2008 at 19:10

At first time i heard them i didn't like Ihsahns vocal..but then, when i heard Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire And Demise i loved them..especially the 3th track-Empty..that song is his greatest work..naturlich))))

The Discipline Of Fire ? maybe you mean The Tongue of Fire ? also not the Demise but Depraved .. maybe
from Prometheus i do not like this tracks . My favorite tracks from this album are

The Eruption (1) & In The Wordless Chamber (6)

And my favorite album from Emperors its a "Anthems to the welkin at dusk" this one is a fucking good .
And i hate "In the nightside eclipse" . I don't understand why in a present time many peoples like this
album maybe in timeses 1994-2000 it was a briliant piece of sympho black metal but now
it's a nothing (it's a my subjective opinion) .
----
30.11.2008 - 23:55
Khaldi
Written by Guest on 20.11.2008 at 23:21

As far as Symphonic Black Metal goes, these guys are superior. On the other hand, not too keen on their "progressive" elements they added in later albums.

really ? do you listened Limbonic Art , Anorexia Nervosa , Diabolical Breed , Nokturnal Mortum .. ??
----
01.12.2008 - 13:40
Sandarameth
Account deleted
Written by Khaldi on 30.11.2008 at 23:48

The Discipline Of Fire ? maybe you mean The Tongue of Fire ? also not the Demise but Depraved .. maybe
from Prometheus i do not like this tracks . My favorite tracks from this album are

And my favorite album from Emperors its a "Anthems to the welkin at dusk" this one is a fucking good .
And i hate "In the nightside eclipse" . I don't understand why in a present time many peoples like this
album maybe in timeses 1994-2000 it was a briliant piece of sympho black metal but now

chgitem..im mot albomi anun@ tenc er grac..chem xoracel der Emperori mej..2 ora inch lsum em))
01.12.2008 - 14:28
Khaldi
Written by Guest on 01.12.2008 at 13:40

Written by Khaldi on 30.11.2008 at 23:48

chgitem..im mot albomi anun@ tenc er grac..chem xoracel der Emperori mej..2 ora inch lsum em))

lavner )
----